The Rumour Thread

3 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Thanks for the clarification !

If, against the odd, GW indeed does a Sigmarite City Setting for Warcry 3 next year, then I (and probably @Asbestress) would be pretty interested in something like Dave Ghallager's concept for Hammerhal Aqsha : 

4764ceda8f25b474449198b4973fab75.jpg.07454d4c841b45a3ab97b6ce0a8f6cbb.jpg

(Nice Piranesi influence there)

piranesi-l-arc-gothique-de-carceri-d-invenzione-prisons-imaginaires-gravure-de-giovanni-battista-piranesi-1749-1750-2h0kman.jpg.93923fe88727f774eb015a8b313a56bd.jpg

This would rock.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PraetorDragoon said:

I clearly misread it. I thought you were referring to a similar concept in other games for warcry. My bad.

:P

The question remains : will a potential Catacomb-style board in Warcry 2nd ed. be more like the original Catacombs (a few scenery) or the Kill Team Space Hulk (full walls and add-on sprues) ??

1 hour ago, HorticulusTGA said:

When @Whitefang back me up said the Intact Dawnbringers buildings were scraped, it was one of my saddest (hobby) day :( I was hoping they'd come alongside CoS Battletome or by the end of the Dawnbringers series, coping past that to have them released as the 3rd edition new scenery range, but I see I'm in for disapointment again...

(Well, having to finish my Age of Myth Chaos ruins for Warcry I refrained from buying the WIP Dawnbringers buidlings, so getting some in the 4th Launch Box would be very sweet indeed :P).

Who would sign with me an online petition for GW to release Intact City Of Sigmar - Stormcast Buildings / Fortress, like in pic rel (from Realms Of Ruin) ??? matthias-kimpe-mp-1v1-city02-03-min.jpg.62391f72cff1baf3129aaa89ff49c18b.jpg

I will join that petition.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

gotta say my only disappointment for them is the stupid scrolls having OVER the peturges-thing... i don't want to half-paint something under parchment.

the new helms are growing on me, really loving the chainmail under the plate and the javelins look so sick!!!

also if you read the actual article GW confirms alt heads in the box ;)

34 minutes ago, Landohammer said:

Ok so i'm just referring to a comment I read so i'm not gonna die on a hill defending it, but I don't personally consider recent inclusion in Dawnbringers enough to offset the neglect fyreslayers have experienced in 2.0 and 3.0 as a whole. But hey maybe this one dude is gonna turn the whole faction/range around! I don't play fyreslayers (or really see them on the table much) so I don't really care either way.

But I also wouldn't consider a single hero and a Warcry band to be particularly substantial updates to the range. Especially considering we now know that Warcry units have a limited lifespan. (RIP my 2 year old Horns of Hashut)

Also of note, BOC were featured in the Thondian story line (along with a new hero) and Dawnbringers includes short stories about Kurnothi models which aren't even a thing yet outside of underworlds. So I wouldn't necessarily put my hope in narrative inclusion as a sign of a range refresh.  

They had a decent presence during the third edition. A dual box for them and Idoneth, a big presence in Dawnbringers... way better than BoC, but the most important stuff. This has been the exception, not the rule. We don't have to be worried for every single faction that doesn't have 10 kits during an edition.

Edited by Ejecutor

21 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Thanks for the clarification !

If, against the odd, GW indeed does a Sigmarite City Setting for Warcry 3 next year, then I (and probably @Asbestress) would be pretty interested in something like Dave Ghallager's concept for Hammerhal Aqsha : 

4764ceda8f25b474449198b4973fab75.jpg.07454d4c841b45a3ab97b6ce0a8f6cbb.jpg

(Nice Piranesi influence there)

piranesi-l-arc-gothique-de-carceri-d-invenzione-prisons-imaginaires-gravure-de-giovanni-battista-piranesi-1749-1750-2h0kman.jpg.93923fe88727f774eb015a8b313a56bd.jpg

Didn't we have already most of the scheduled stuff between scenery kits here and there? For example, the bell and the altar give me bibes from he objectives on the 3rd edition. Another one for the objectives from the 2nd edition...

18 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

:P

The question remains : will a potential Catacomb-style board in Warcry 2nd ed. be more like the original Catacombs (a few scenery) or the Kill Team Space Hulk (full walls and add-on sprues) ??

I think the original Catacombs was not very well welcomed (I think it was quite overpriced by the time), so if I have to guess it I would go full walls like the boarding actions.

21 minutes ago, 01rtb01 said:

Prosecutors are nice but so far 3 full stormcast units seen to one skaven... Meh.

yes, that is because GW is flipping factions each week... it is an "odd" week hence Stormcast. Next week they will be even reveals... Skaven will have 3.

6 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

In the John Blanche artworks the helmets look more like Aztec helmets, while these new miniatures' helmets remind me more of Corinthian helmets.

V6UsRrqVbxdgZbYn.jpg

The original sketch is clearly the Azyros/ Venator, if we put the colours aside.

99120218003_SCEternalKnightVenator01.jpg

• Like 1

Am I the only one to notice the Hallowed Knights steel armour is darker now ? Or is it just the way the minis are shot that's tricking me ? Peut être une image de texte qui dit ’WARHAMMER OF FSIGMAR AG GEOFS #NEWAOS STORMCASTETERNALS STORMCAST ETERNALS PROSECUTOR’

Really feels like their armour has gone from Leadbelcher to a darker metallic like Iron Warriors. Or they used more generous amounts of Nuln Oil.

20 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

BTW with the new (gorgeous) Thunderstrike Prosectuors, I just remembered this (quite anti) AOS meme from 2015 xD

11358639_10153438667074645_309476857_n.webp.5ebe40874d301b89b5c3afdb440f2ebf.webp

Anti AoS?

Now I want to kitbassh the Celestant Prime with Gotrek for some Brian Blessed goodness.

7 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

Am I the only one to notice the Hallowed Knights steel armour is darker now ? Or is it just the way the minis are shot that's tricking me ? Peut être une image de texte qui dit ’WARHAMMER OF FSIGMAR AG GEOFS #NEWAOS STORMCASTETERNALS STORMCAST ETERNALS PROSECUTOR’

Really feels like their armour has gone from Leadbelcher to a darker metallic like Iron Warriors. Or they used more generous amounts of Nuln Oil.

Yeah. They give closer vibes to Dark Souls now rather than a pure and clean Hallowed Knights vibe.

Edited by Ejecutor
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Landohammer said:

Ok so i'm just referring to a comment I read so i'm not gonna die on a hill defending it, but I don't personally consider recent inclusion in Dawnbringers enough to offset the neglect fyreslayers have experienced in 2.0 and 3.0 as a whole. But hey maybe this one dude is gonna turn the whole faction/range around! I don't play fyreslayers (or really see them on the table much) so I don't really care either way.

But I also wouldn't consider a single hero and a Warcry band to be particularly substantial updates to the range. Especially considering we now know that Warcry units have a limited lifespan. (RIP my 2 year old Horns of Hashut)

Also of note, BOC were featured in the Thondian story line (along with a new hero) and Dawnbringers includes short stories about Kurnothi models which aren't even a thing yet outside of underworlds. So I wouldn't necessarily put my hope in narrative inclusion as a sign of a range refresh.  

They got a VS box with IDK with a new hero earlier in the edition, then the Harbringer Hero with a new special discount box, the Warcry Band and accompanying Dawnbringer rules that's barely six months old and also a new anniversary resculpt of the Runesmiter. That's three new hero models and a warband just in 3E.  They also feature prominently in the art and photography for the new Grombrindal model that's not even out yet.

Most importantly, Fyreslayers are not part of TOW, there is no chance another game system is going to lay claim to them and pull them away like with BoC. If Fyreslayers are in danger of being abruptly removed, so are 90% of AoS armies and nothing means anything.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

I think the Ruination units are darker-armored, the new Liberators shown seem the same?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I really like the new Prosecutors. Definitely think the improvements to the posing and wings over the old ones is exactly what they needed. I think they'll have fully enclosed heads on the sprues as well as these but either way these might be my favourite models from the new box (and I was lukewarm on the old Prosecutors)

27 minutes ago, The Lost Sigmarite said:

I just looked back at the article, which conveniently has and image of the new Liberator and Reclusion adjacent to each other. The silver on the liberators is noticeably brighter. The darker tones on the Prosecutor and Reclusian are probably meant specifically for Ruination units (the article makes it clear that Prosecutors are now Ruination.)

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, madmac said:

They got a VS box with IDK with a new hero earlier in the edition, then the Harbringer Hero with a new special discount box, the Warcry Band and accompanying Dawnbringer rules that's barely six months old and also a new anniversary resculpt of the Runesmiter. That's three new hero models and a warband just in 3E.  They also feature prominently in the art and photography for the new Grombrindal model that's not even out yet.

Most importantly, Fyreslayers are not part of TOW, there is no chance another game system is going to lay claim to them and pull them away like with BoC. If Fyreslayers are in danger of being abruptly removed, so are 90% of AoS armies and nothing means anything.

Still it would be nice to see a substantial FS miniature release sooner than later when AoS 4 is released. Same for Idoneth.

9 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

Still it would be nice to see a substantial FS miniature release sooner than later when AoS 4 is released. Same for Idoneth.

Agreed. FS, IDK, and KO all need range expansions ASAP. OBR can wait a little longer but is definitely next in line after them. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

Agreed. FS, IDK, and KO all need range expansions ASAP. OBR can wait a little longer but is definitely next in line after them. 

DoK. Ogors.

Hello darkness my old friend.

Edited by Ejecutor

3 minutes ago, ScionOfOssia said:

Ogors need a Refresh. Much larger and more comprehensive 

I don't see them getting a complete overhaul, but something more in the line of Fec: they get to keep what's already in plastic, have their resign models redone in plastic, plus a few all new units. 

2 hours ago, BarakUrbaz said:

Fyreslayers did play a role in early Dawnbringers what with the whole rivalry with King Trugg thing. Honestly I think Kharadron get about just as much attention in the narrative as Fyreslayers do and I see nobody saying they're neglected. 

Kharadron have actual black library novels though where FS have none among other things 

6 minutes ago, novakai said:

Kharadron have actual black library novels though where FS have none among other things 

There are a bunch of Fyreslayer stories. Arguably, no dedicated Fyreslayer novels, but:

*Legends of the Age of Sigmar: Fyreslayers, which is a compliation of short stories and a novella.

*Bonereapers, a novella which while the Bonereapers themselves get top billing the Fyreslayers are the main heroes opposing them. 

*Heirs of Grimnir, an audio drama spinoff of Realmslayer that focuses purely on Fyreslayers.

*Grombrindal: Chronicles of the Wanderer, which is evenly divided between Dispossessed, Fyreslayers and Kharadron with neither really getting more focus than the others. 

*Soulslayer, a Gotrek novel which is something like 70% Fyreslayer focused.

Edited by BarakUrbaz