The Rumour Thread

20 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

Haha, come on. It's a choice you are given. If you take two wizards. You could chose the same spell lore if it is to hard to remember a couple of spells. Or make spell cards and etc.. .

I play historical and fantasy games. The cool thing about fantasy that it has magic, so a diverse range of spell lores and spells is a must. We will see how it pans out, but I am curious what this mean for CoS. Now humans and Aelves chose a different lore, with how it was written in this article. This wouldn't be possible anymore.

Yeah, if it is like that it wouldn't make much sense to release a kit of different mages like we currently have.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Some armies in 40k are getting more than one hero with the codex. I think they will receive the same number of minis together or not.

A lot of armies didn't received any model during 9ed. We don't know the support during each edition and maybe because 40k get more support implies that the small releases would be reduces for AoS. At the end the number of releases per month is almost fixed year by year.

13 minutes ago, Grunbag said:

Not exactly true for orruk warclan . We already had separated releases for them , we never had any mixed release. Like they made a second wave exclusively made with Ironjawz models , or we had a  battleforce and a vanguard exclusively made with kruleboyz. 
they already had a dilemma about orruk  warclan and releases . Having them separated won’t change the release fréquences for them but it wil’ be easier to collect them through the spearhead or battleforce specific boxes 

Also, having them separated would mean a new Spearhead for IJ.

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Tonhel said:

Yes, and my biggest problem with AoS was that heroes on foot are worthless. A Chaos Lord, Soulblight Vampire were nothing special in combat. All foot heroes have more or less the same stats. Only small variations. My Chaos Lord avoided combat.

The Weirdnob has more or less the same damage output 3/4/3/1/D3 vs 4/3/3/1/2 isn't a huge difference. In the shooting phase the Weirdnob can seriously weaken or kill the Slaughterpriest and than combat has to start.

As a priest of battle and blood it's best for him to avoide combat, if he don't want to die the second he enters combat. You can't force the enemy unit anymore to divide its attacks. So every foot hero with wounds between 5-6 is probably death the moment he/she enters combat.

Yea I'm with you there I miss the days of beastly vampire lords. At least we have ToW to scratch that itch.

AoS armies the last few years have always been sort of like different skins on the same things.

Edited by MotherGoose
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Ejecutor said:

Also, having them separated would mean a new Spearhead for IJ.

My expectation is that if they don't rebox everything then implies Orruk Warclans will exists and the Waaagh will mantain using both keywords because Orruk Warclans was never used.

Edited by Nezzhil

I just more hoping that Formation are flesh out and every army battletome has good ones.

because 40K sort of stumbles in this area with their version of it (detachment). With OrK having good variety of them and Custodes and Ad mech having issues with their detachments.

15 minutes ago, novakai said:

I just more hoping that Formation are flesh out and every army battletome has good ones.

because 40K sort of stumbles in this area with their version of it (detachment). With OrK having good variety of them and Custodes and Ad mech having issues with their detachments.

tau only having 4 detachments and 1 of them is for kroot is embarassing quite frankly, they're all flavourful but even then it's half the amount we've heard will be coming for csm, hopefully with the faction packs starting with 4 each, they'll have to at least have 1 or 2 new ones for the full battletome

• Like 2

It is always curious to see “True Warhammer” lovers always complain about any rule and be the ones who play AoS the least.

If you want varied spells, the right thing would have been to go back to the origins, when each sorcerer had his own spell and nothing else existed. In the end it happens like with WHF, everyone cast the same two or three OP spells and the rest fell into oblivion.

• Confused 6

Honestly I'm just happy that magic is still a thing in the game. Removing psychic was a huge blow for me when 10th edition came around and I don't even play one of the factions that got most affected by it (I play Aeldari). I was really uninterested in playing the game for a long time and only recently started playing more often again. And the changes to magic look really fun! I like that you choose a spell lore that every wizard knows and and it's interesting that unbinding now can use up one of your casts as well. The prayers are really confusing and I hope they get cleared up more when we get the full rules. My only gripe is that I think moving magic to the phase that it affects would be nicer, but I get keeping it in one phase for simplicity, since we already got rid of the morale phase anyway.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nezzhil said:

My expectation is that if they don't rebox everything then implies Orruk Warclans will exists and the Waaagh will mantain using both keywords because Orruk Warclans was never used.

Yes it was never used but the army name is always part of the key word (see blade of khorne warscroll ) . In fact here there is only mention of ironjawz 

44 minutes ago, Peacaf said:

It is always curious to see “True Warhammer” lovers always complain about any rule and be the ones who play AoS the least.

If you want varied spells, the right thing would have been to go back to the origins, when each sorcerer had his own spell and nothing else existed. In the end it happens like with WHF, everyone cast the same two or three OP spells and the rest fell into oblivion.

Lol, you are baffling. 🙂

What we know so far is that 11 armies lost their additional spell lores. We will see how it will look like with the indexes and the first battletomes appear. But I don't see the benefit of limiting the spell lore choice per army instead of per hero or race. Like in CoS Humans and Aelves had their own lore.

It's not because I really like TOW, that I stopped playing AoS. My small group is still more AoS focussed. It's what they collected and played the last couple of years. Half them never played Warhammer before. I can't magical expect them to drop AoS, certainly when a new edition is coming with beautiful mini's.

Useless foot heroes was a reall problem during AoS. All foot heroes having more or less the same stats and avoiding combat. My Chaos Lord is a coward in AoS.

And baffling about casting the same two or three OP spells is laughable. It seems to me you only played/play AoS and nothing else and have no clue how other games play.

Edited by Tonhel

1 hour ago, Nezzhil said:

Expansions is a combination of designers love and good selling product. If you are unlucky to love a faction that doesn't have a combination of both It is better if you stop expecting expansions. Expansions is not a rotation system like Corvus Belli do for Infinity.

This is why im seriously looking to start playing infinity. (and i love xcom)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MitGas said:

Isn‘t it too soon to be so negative? We haven‘t seen any lore yet! :)

I am sorry. I have been defending Bonesplitterz for years and GW just smashed that belief with a chainsword.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MitGas said:

Btw: Why am I the only optimistic one here? I hate goody two-shoes and if magic sucks, my army will get hit the hardest! 😂

I am an optimist as well. There's a lot of stuff still to see. Now we are just seeing half of the picture.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MitGas said:

Btw: Why am I the only optimistic one here? I hate goody two-shoes and if magic sucks, my army will get hit the hardest! 😂

It's easier to find criticisms than compliments. I think it all looks good, and prayers could be a fun mini-game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You also need to remember that the Wizards get all the spells in the spell-lore, not just one spell. That means that most players have more freedom than before (except for a few armies) when it comes to choose spell.

And no more thinking which of my fungoid shaman that had which spell and cursing that I wished that it was the other way around...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MitGas said:

Honestly, it seems like you get to pick a Lore of Manifestation and a Spell Lore. Naturally, I’m going to exclusively run the one with Shyish-themed spells with my OBR unless I have to choose between OBR manifestations and those. And I’d probably still choose 4 options over 3 unless those 3 are really good. 

1 minute ago, Boingrot Bouncer said:

You also need to remember that the Wizards get all the spells in the spell-lore, not just one spell. That means that most players have more freedom than before (except for a few armies) when it comes to choose spell.

And no more thinking which of my fungoid shaman that had which spell and cursing that I wished that it was the other way around...

Yeah, that sounds seriously cool for mage-heavy forces. Wizards will get much more utility… unless all spell lores suck. 😆

8 minutes ago, MitGas said:

From what I've seen so far I'm now more excited for 4th edition than any previous edition of AoS 😁👍🏻

• Like 9