The Rumour Thread

It's always possible that Saurus Guard as we know them go away and are replaced by a battalion that can include a Slaan and some Saurus and gives them a bodyguard rule or something along those lines?

Either that or the old models will just stay so that the more elite version of the basic troops looks a bit weedy next to the basic one like skeletons/grave guard. 

New Saurus cavalry and Salamanders would be the logical 2 out of 3. Now that we've seen the Astrolith Bearer, there's no rumour engines looking like a big monster anymore and the last 2 big refreshes of old world armies have just seen 1 new unit introduced each (if you exclude Warcry/Cursed City related models) - the Ogroid Theridons + the Vengorian Lord.

I may well be forgetting another unit there, but the focus for both previous refreshes has overwhelmingly been replacing old models of existing units, so it makes sense for that to also be the case here.

Although again, the Skink riders could be an effective replacement for the Saurus riders as well, so who knows.

7 minutes ago, Hawke said:

Reckon it'll be no new saurus cav, since we're already getting new cav from our new birdino riding skink bois

Considering that the Saurus cav are one of the ugliest models GW still produce, I would hope that they will get an overhaul. Honestly given how good the LM big monsters still are I would prefer just overhauling the old and terrible models to adding a new monster, as much as I would enjoy that.

So:

1. Astrolith

2. Kroxigors

3. Salamanders+Razordons

4. Saurus Cav

(Hopeful 5, Saurus Guard).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Goatforce said:

Considering that the Saurus cav are one of the ugliest models GW still produce, I would hope that they will get an overhaul. Honestly given how good the LM big monsters still are I would prefer just overhauling the old and terrible models to adding a new monster, as much as I would enjoy that.

So:

1. Astrolith

2. Kroxigors

3. Salamanders+Razordons

4. Saurus Cav

(Hopeful 5, Saurus Guard).

I'd be super happy with this, but seeing the winged serpent iconography across the new models so far (mini winged snake on slann and the astrolith banner redesign) I feel like the "new eggs" they've mentioned will be cóatls.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hawke said:

I'd be super happy with this, but seeing the winged serpent iconography across the new models so far (mini winged snake on slann and the astrolith banner redesign) I feel like the "new eggs" they've mentioned will be cóatls.

That's fair, I would like to see a Coatl for sure. I just don't see what is ultimately light cav replacing a heavy cav unit, and they are a horrible kit that desparately needs updating. As has also been said we have already seen a big centerpiece kit in the Slann for this release.

Where were the "new eggs" mentioned? Could they be referring to the Raptordons? Or was it since they have been revealed?

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, elescapo said:

Showing any of those would spoil the accompanying Battletome, and they usually reserve that kind of thing for preview events.

They usually do, but they have shown new tomes in WarCom before, particularly when there is no event around. The next event should be at the end of March, which mean we wouldn't get the tome they show there before the middle of April. With 5 tomes to be released before the Seraphon release in June (probably by their description), waiting until that reveal would be a little to much of.

18 minutes ago, Goatforce said:

Considering that the Saurus cav are one of the ugliest models GW still produce

Well, this make it much more likely they will be the ones left out!

Jokes aside, I imagine with the new Skink knights and the Terradon riders Seraphon has a pretty good amount of mounted units already, I wouldn't be strange if they dropped the riders due to redundancy. 

23 minutes ago, DinoJon said:

I think Kroxigors are for sure and Whitefang was reacting well to Salamanders so its between new Monster and Saurus Cav and I think I would prefer new monster.

A new monster would be lovely, but I do wonder if a new one wouldn't make the Stegadon and the Bastiladon look a little dated when side by side with it...

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Hawke said:

Doesn't mean we'll get a model this go around. There were dragons all over the Lumineth book and banners, etc. but we didn't get any.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

13 minutes ago, Goatforce said:

That's fair, I would like to see a Coatl for sure. I just don't see what is ultimately light cav replacing a heavy cav unit, and they are a horrible kit that desparately needs updating. As has also been said we have already seen a big centerpiece kit in the Slann for this release.

Where were the "new eggs" mentioned? Could they be referring to the Raptordons? Or was it since they have been revealed?

Ok so I can't find the eggs thing anywhere and now I'm worried I made it up... or maybe I read a comment about seraphon hatching draconith eggs in secret and thought it was a comment from the seraphon reveals. So now I'm waaaay less sure of some new big monster!

• Haha 1

If we're talking about redundancy in their roster, then the last thing Seraphon need is another big dinosaur. Saurus Knights are almost legendary in how bad they look. They deserve a redemption arc.

Not including what we've already seen and going off Whitefang's posts ("Choose four out of five", no new skinks, and reacting positively to there being more than we were expecting)

-Kroxigors

-Salamanders (possible Razordon dual kit but not guaranteed)

-Saurus Knights

-One or more of the remaining Saurus heroes

The skink heroes are a bit more complicated. The regular priest with feathered cloak could honestly just be rolled into the Starpriest' profile, but the if we were getting a new Starseer you'd think it would be a build option with the new Slaan. Maybe they're saving it for the "obligatory single hero release that updates an old resin model" that'll come with the 4e tome.

Even if they don't update any of the other Saurus heroes, that will still leave the Saurus Guard as the only Saurus units using the old, skinny design--that would be tragic, especially considering their role as the ultra-elite of the faction. But, with new Warriors to work with, we can always convert them.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

My thoughts on the new monster is giving us something truly large. We are known as the big dinosaur faction yet a lot of our dinosaurs are now vastly outscaled by other factions. 

Bascially I would love something that would sit on a 130mm or 160mm round base. 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Honestly? 

I see Salamander and Razordon getting squatted. 

Assuming no new skink, and considering the Raptadon's add in a new fast ranged unit, and ALSO considering 'Salamander' isn't really that much of an IP-protectable name... Yeah, if I had to take a guess, I'd say Salamander/Razordon isn't in the cards.

I wonder what @Whitefang thinks of my logic?

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, RileyArlic said:

Honestly? 

Assuming no new skink, and considering the Raptadon's add in a new fast ranged unit, and ALSO considering 'Salamander' isn't really that much of an IP-protectable name... Yeah, if I had to take a guess, I'd say Salamander/Razordon isn't in the cards.

He probably thinks "dude I already hearted a comment saying we're getting Salamanders!" :P

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 minute ago, RileyArlic said:

Honestly? 

And maybe, salamander/razordon kit is the new beast from the rumored eggs ? A more IP friendly little dino, like stellaramander and sharpzorson 😜

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 1/29/2023 at 7:18 PM, Captaniser said:

Also, i guess i am waiting for the Seraphon to get their release this summer. Their lore and style has always endeared me, but the outdated nature of the sculptures has always held me from collecting them. If they update the Saurus knights and give us a sauropod like dinosaur i will collect little else but them. 

I even had plans on starting a Gloomspite force, but the motivation has been completely redirected.

Since we are interpreting the runes set forth by whitefang like ancient shamans again, I remember that they gave me a trophy for my hope of seeing either saurus knights or a sauropod dinosaur, which would suggest that i was atleast 50% correct. 

I kinda hope it's the knights, to finally make a saurus army look somewhat decent

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Captaniser said:

Since we are interpreting the runes set forth by whitefang like ancient shamans again, I remember that they gave me a trophy for my hope of seeing either saurus knights or a sauropod dinosaur, which would suggest that i was atleast 50% correct. 

I kinda hope it's the knights, to finally make a saurus army look somewhat decent

I'd be thrilled for either... or BOTH! 

The Saurus Knights have plagued the Seraphon line for long enough. I want the new ones to be huge, like Varanguard sized!