The Rumour Thread

5 hours ago, Chikout said:

Fight on death for any moonclan unit is pretty good.

Also people need to stop making more than point in their posts. Whitefang’s confused reaction could mean that Malerion isn’t coming, chorfs are coming, next year is getting more than one big release or any combination of those. 

I’m assuming that this means still no rumors for a new skaven revamp.

5 hours ago, KarrWolves said:

I think the curent meta is the healthiest we have ever had, thanks to bounty hunters (no horror spam, no zombie spam etc...).

But it's not an infantry meta at all, that's for sure.

So the current GHB is a failure as far as flavor and theme, but it's a success in terms of balance and pleasure at the table.

The meta is somewhat healthy, but the internal balance between the books have definitely taken a low point.

I can not look at a single skaben tournament list that did well and say, yeah that looks interesting.

pretty much all of them are boring, it just hurts my eyes when I look at the coolest units unable to be ever played again.

2 hours ago, DinoJon said:

Hopefully with Seraphon being summer release means we're getting a larger release than one hero (and the already released Hunters of Haunchi)

Well…

it is possible, but so was it for the skaven before their badly written book got released, so ahem, you could get the same thing as skaven.

maybe a new hero for an already great looking model and just that!

could all as well be possible.

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Ogregut said:

Goblin warband warscroll for AoS is up. 

Pretty good tho not sure why the gobbo hero has 6 wounds! 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/downloads/#warhammer-age-of-sigmar

6 wounds, then armor and Look Out Sir from his toadies, 3+ to put those wounds on his court instead, and each member of his toadies is 2 wounds. He's a remarkably durable little guy.

• LOVE IT! 1

21 minutes ago, novakai said:

maybe explain the state of AoS black library?

I see that the next Black Library open window is about space marines. Having not read any 40k fiction since perhaps the Ravener trilogy, I tried a sample of what they're looking for.

By Christ, it's terrible. Bland, two dimensional characters and dialogue squeezed through clenched buttocks. It's a shame. I can't think of anything that would be more depressing as an author than having to pump out that ******.

Conversely, the old WHFB fiction had soul. The characters felt real and, as a reader, you were invested in them. Whatever weird editorial guidelines they've got now, it's stifling creativity. 

• Like 5
  • Confused 3

28 minutes ago, dirkdragonslayer said:

6 wounds, then armor and Look Out Sir from his toadies, 3+ to put those wounds on his court instead, and each member of his toadies is 2 wounds. He's a remarkably durable little guy.

He is.

and just to think of it what he can give your current moonclan units…..

Don’t  all squigs also have the  moonclan keyword?

currently ar least (might change though if that is the case)

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, novakai said:

• -Drekki Flynt book: sold in less than 20 minuts.
  • -Grombrindal book: sold in less than 15 minuts.
  • -Gotrek AoS compilation: sold in less than an hour

Solution: write about dwarfs. 

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 7
  • Sad 1
  • LOVE IT! 7

1 hour ago, novakai said:

Eh, the post continues to it just being GW wants to focus on the current narratives as the plot goes forward.

IMG_0777.png

I think fans are just jumping to the worst conclusions on this.

We know from Josh his AoS books were among his best-sellers and AoS fiction in general is moving well.

This year alone we’ve gotten well over a dozen great AoS novels with more incoming.

And it’s not like the past isn’t touched at all as “Godsbane” was set before Broken Realms and the upcoming Soulbound:Ulfenkarn supplement is based in the past before Cursed City happens.

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, RyantheFett said:

So I am a bit confused by this. So does that mean no more AoS books or just older events that happened already?

Older events around the Age of Myth era to pre-Realmgate Wars.

But it’s only “current plans” so that can always change down the road when they feel like looking back as with stories like “Pantheon”, “Path to Glory” or “Acts of Sacrifice” which ranged from the Myth age to early Age of Chaos years.

Links:

https://www.blacklibrary.com/all-products/pantheon-ebook.html

https://www.blacklibrary.com/all-products/path-to-glory-eshort.html

https://www.blacklibrary.com/warhammer-age-of-sigmar/quick-reads/advent-2018-7-acts-of-sacrifice-eshort.html

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Beliman said:
  • -Drekki Flynt book: sold in less than 20 minuts.
  • -Grombrindal book: sold in less than 15 minuts.
  • -Gotrek AoS compilation: sold in less than an hour

Solution: write about dwarfs. 

It really shows how much the dwarfs are superior over the less interesting stormy marines.

just hope the dwarf don’t loose their fame, when the skaven get a turn

10 minutes ago, RyantheFett said:

So I am a bit confused by this. So does that mean no more AoS books or just older events that happened already?

Well… I wouldn’t mind a new book focusing about the skaven in the new aos setting.

Following the story of an antagonist as if he was the protagonist, just like the good ol’ times with queek and thanqoul

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, RyantheFett said:

Probably anything set in the pre realm gate wars and beyond, like someone said, they are more focused on the current time which is either Soul wars or Era of beast.

Red Feast novel was a pre realm gate war novel as it was about Korghus Khul back story.

Edited by novakai
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

It really shows how much the dwarfs are superior over the less interesting stormy marines.

Reminder that “Dynasty of Monsters” sold out hours before “Gitzslayer” did.

Showing we need more books on vampire-drake-centaurs and Centaurian creatures in general. Age of Centaurs let’s go. 👏 

Edit: also people on the lore Reddit make good points it’s not that big a deal since we already have centuries of time-skips to cover between the Realmgate Wars to the now where the story & narratives continues to march forward.

So it does make sense to switch goals from early AoS being able to touch on it’s mysterious past to now where they want to solidify the recent past big events for better building blocks for the future plot progression.

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Haha 1

Both the posts above mine make me really dislike the very limited Reaction Icon system here. It’s been 7 years, can we really not get more likes on a daily basis?

Edit: @Ogregut 

Whitefang made a “Oops” comment on the Mortal Redesigns thread about Ogors  in their army.

We’ve been starved of good rumors for months now so everyone jumped on it. 

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

they're still not marines and BL book quality is always dependent on how restrictive GW is with the author :)

Are you certain?

let us compare the both:

space marine

- big stoutly human beings that are extremely hard to kill thanks to their armor and extra organs.

-they follow a dead emperor who they call a god.

-they are equally good trained to carry and use a variety of combat and shooting weapon.

- characterstics: they hate furred creatures (some of them at least) they can be somewhat soulless, and they apparently can fear, even though the well knwon sentence of you shall know no fear (see fluff of the nightlords).

the stormy boys:

-they are pretty big, for a human and are undeniable stronger then one as well.

-they follow a long lost and dead human being called sigmar, who was brought back via probably necromancy and possesses the body of another truly dead man-thing ones known as karl franz. He is also considered to be a god by many although not really being one.

-their melee and range power is unequalled by many, yet not by all.

-characteristics :they definitely hate furred creatures, they don’t have a soul or a personality at some point in time.

-and while they seem to be fearless the game and the fluff have shown their biggest fear and that they can flee.

conclusion: well if we look at the stormy boys and the späss marines, we can be certain that they are definitely different:

while the späss marine is a big, heartless, can be considered quite soulless and well trained human being cladded in one of the toughest armor the 41s millennium has to over.

the hated storm-thing is a big, literally soulless, and can sometimes seem heartless human being, that is cladded in one of the toughest armors the smiths of all 9 realms can acquire to make.

So yes they are definitely different (smiling sarcastically while writing this)

• Confused 4

19 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

they're still not marines and BL book quality is always dependent on how restrictive GW is with the author :)

I assume that SM have always sold the best in Black library to begin with

but also things getting sold out online may not necessarily means it a best seller as they often time just don’t produce that many copies of certain books unless it’s for the Horus Heresy 

14 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

Both the posts above mine make me really dislike the very limited Reaction Icon system here. It’s been 7 years, can we really not get more likes on a daily basis?

Edit: @Ogregut 

Whitefang made a “Oops” comment on the Mortal Redesigns thread about Ogors  in their army.

We’ve been starved of good rumors for months now so everyone jumped on it. 

A good rumor…..

well there has been one that came directly after the skaven book release, that seems even less likely to happen, but why not bring it in.

So the rumor stated, which probably most people have heard at this point as well, is that the skaven are getting another book what was in a year exactly after the skaven first boom release, awaiting a huge updating of old models, simultaneously sharing the fate with seraphon.

apparently it was even said that the next edition battlebox won’t be stormcast vs, what ever but seraphon vs. Skaven, which makes the rumor even more unlikely 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

-characteristics :they definitely hate furred creatures, they don’t have a soul or a personality at some point in time.

Now that’s just slander. Even their Draconith allies have fur.

And they house the goodest bois.

image.jpeg.060db12064d73e793f18c98d3e28e357.jpeg

The 2018 tome noted their Prosecutors could be reforged from winged mortal tribes and , even though he had to cut it for space, Josh Reynolds was going to add a section to “Hollow Knights: The Black Pyramid” of Gardus saving a bunch of Beastmen babies and taking them to a safe haven to see if they could be raised good.

And recently the Thondia tome shows they don’t have a problem with people having fur.

IMG_0421.jpg

I’ll stand for Astartes comparisons to the Stormcasts as they indeed 9-foot tall immortal badasses but I draw the line at claims of racism & xenophobia in a faction who go out of their way to unite all people no matter what they look like. If there were non-Chaosy Skaven I wouldn’t doubt some Stormcasts would try to embrace them.

Also saw this as a Koyo Store event while looking for Archibald pics and this needs to be a Warhammer Store standard.

image.jpeg.a5b0e514180caf93680668a7f5acdc13.jpeg

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

A good rumor…..

well there has been one that came directly after the skaven book release, that seems even less likely to happen, but why not bring it in.

So the rumor stated, which probably most people have heard at this point as well, is that the skaven are getting another book what was in a year exactly after the skaven first boom release, awaiting a huge updating of old models, simultaneously sharing the fate with seraphon.

apparently it was even said that the next edition battlebox won’t be stormcast vs, what ever but seraphon vs. Skaven, which makes the rumor even more unlikely 

well might as well add that there another LRL coming out next year with Water temple, follow by Dark Aelf soup book, more Primaris space marine with missle launchers, black talon being forigotten for another year, Chaos Duradin, return of Epic and BFG, and Total War Horus heresy 

7 minutes ago, Baron Klatz said:

Now that’s just slander. Even their Draconith allies have fur.

And they house the goodest bois.

image.jpeg.060db12064d73e793f18c98d3e28e357.jpeg

The 2018 tome noted their Prosecutors could be reforged from winged mortal tribes and , even though he had to cut it for space, Josh Reynolds was going to add a section to “Hollow Knights: The Black Pyramid” of Gardus saving a bunch of Beastmen babies and taking them to a safe haven to see if they could be raised good.

And recently the Thondia tome shows they don’t have a problem with people having fur.

IMG_0421.jpg

I’ll stand for Astartes comparisons to the Stormcasts as they indeed 9-foot tall immortal badasses but I draw the line at claims of racism & xenophobia in a faction who go out of their way to unite all people no matter what they look like. If there were non-Chaosy Skaven I wouldn’t doubt some Stormcasts would try to embrace them.

Also saw this as a Koyo Store event while looking for Archibald pics and this needs to be a Warhammer Store standard.

image.jpeg.a5b0e514180caf93680668a7f5acdc13.jpeg

Yeah you got me there with drag…

with the big cat-things they ride on.

but the bird-there more likely said has feathers then furr.

Also, I’m pretty certain that the beasts of chaos battletome told the story of how the tzaangors were actually piece loving creatures, interested in gaining and sharing knowledge rather then fighting others.

and yet they were still driven out from their homes by the stormy boys (and other order factions)

same can be said about the dragon ogors.

although there is nothing that states that they were piece loving, so they were probably driven out for a reason, maybe?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

the hated storm-thing is a big, literally soulless, and can sometimes seem heartless human being, that is cladded in one of the toughest armors the smiths of all 9 realms can acquire to make.

The literal lynchpin lore of Stormcast is that they are mortal souls that got saved to be reforged into Stormcast... like it's actual soul magic mate... not even worth responding to the rest of your post.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Yeah you got me there with drag…

with the big cat-things they ride on.

but the bird-there more likely said has feathers then furr.

Also, I’m pretty certain that the beasts of chaos battletome told the story of how the tzaangors were actually piece loving creatures, interested in gaining and sharing knowledge rather then fighting others.

and yet they were still driven out from their homes by the stormy boys (and other order factions)

same can be said about the dragon ogors.

although there is nothing that states that they were piece loving, so they were probably driven out for a reason, maybe?

Oh that was before Stormcasts way back in the Age of Myth. It was implied it was the early days when the gods had arrived and starting drawing lines on what their followers could and couldn’t be allowed if they wanted to build their civilizations up.

So had to trade the primordial God-beasts rule which was basically there were no rules so no one cared beasts, humans and aelves lived together sharing questionable arcane knowledge but mortals could never advance past tribes & cavemen to the coming of the Order gods who raised the tribes up but stuff like humans, aelves and civilization-hating beasts in Hysh couldn’t stay together anymore.

Fuel for the grey area fire of ups and downs every faction and their gods present and how you can view organized religion versus paganism or colonialism and changes to old society norms.

Edited by Baron Klatz
  • Like 2