The Rumour Thread

43 minutes ago, Bowlzee said:

I'm pretty sure i heard it said on the Warlords Twitch feed over the weekend that an Allegiance Book was coming. Or it was at least strongly hinted at.

Totally excited by the White Dwarfs now, looking forward to the comic!

I know it was very strongly hinted at they would revisit the Generals Handbook and add content as well as adjusting things but I think this was a given. 

We could be getting a release in November late, as the Nov WD will presumably cover October and maybe early November. At this point I think Steamhead Duardin was nothing but wishlisting by BoLS "industry insiders". I think a Tzeentch release across 40k/AoS is the only thing we'll see before 2017.

29 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Gift is a DLC key for Total War: Warhammer?

Yes looks like it. I'll be giving mine away as I don't play it and don't own a PC.

1 hour ago, Arkiham said:

40k is ramping up to something big, so expect to see a lot of 40k, probably during the winter campaign 

13th Black Crusade (again! :D ). I suspect they are using this as the 40K End Times campaign to push the background that bit closer to midnight, so no longer two minutes but probably 30 seconds. Then I think we will see a new edition of the game which will most likely be similar to Age of Sigmar (I think probably profiles).

3 minutes ago, bottle said:

We could be getting a release in November late, as the Nov WD will presumably cover October and maybe early November. At this point I think Steamhead Duardin was nothing but wishlisting by BoLS "industry insiders". I think a Tzeentch release across 40k/AoS is the only thing we'll see before 2017.

I think if there are any more releases it will be either tied into the 40K Tzeentch release if we see new Daemon models, or some new character releases. I don't think Steamhead Duardin are a wishlist but I'm very interested in what GW come up with as they almost have a blank canvas for them. I wouldn't be surprised if they polarise people when they come out, especially as they no longer need to stick with what we had with the World that Was.

• Like 1

Oh yes, I agree. To clarify I didn't think the concept of 'Steamhead Duardin' was a wishlist, after all the name comes from the fluff in the Primer/starter set. But I think them coming in September definitely was. We've had nobody reliable to say they are even one of the next factions to be released.

I am looking forward to them, so I hope they are not too far off. 

Traditionally there are no big releases in December, just deals and things like terrain and brushes but as mentioned above the Nov white dwarf covers October releases now so there could be something in November. Having seen that though I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't get anything substantial till next year now.

I wish I could play Total War, but they're being barbarians and not releasing a version for Mac. What is this, the 90s?

I'm disappointed by the direction they're taking the Burning of Prospero. It was fun to use Betrayal at Calth to catapult myself into playing 30km, but it looks like this new box isn't going to be as generally useful.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ElectricPaladin said:

I wish I could play Total War, but they're being barbarians and not releasing a version for Mac. What is this, the 90s?

I'm disappointed by the direction they're taking the Burning of Prospero. It was fun to use Betrayal at Calth to catapult myself into playing 30km, but it looks like this new box isn't going to be as generally useful.

To me this box looks a lot more exciting!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ElectricPaladin said:

Use boot camp to install Windows and dual boot, I have a machine just to do this for work :)

I'm a huge fan of 30k Thousand Sons and im excited by this!

I suspect they are using this as the 40K End Times campaign to push the background that bit closer to midnight, so no longer two minutes but probably 30 seconds. Then I think we will see a new edition of the game which will most likely be similar to Age of Sigmar (I think probably profiles).

This is my suspicion too. It's pretty obvious big changes are coming, I just hope GW are brave, they go all the way and give us an AoS rule set for 40k. It'll be really interesting, having already been through the process ourselves, to watch the rage, and then the realisation that it's actually a better game. I'm also looking forward to buying some 40k minis for the first time in twenty years.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hobgoblinclub said:

This is my suspicion too. It's pretty obvious big changes are coming, I just hope GW are brave, they go all the way and give us an AoS rule set for 40k. It'll be really interesting, having already been through the process ourselves, to watch the rage, and then the realisation that it's actually a better game. I'm also looking forward to buying some 40k minis for the first time in twenty years.

Yeah, after i started playing aos, ive bought an ork start collecting and some more stuff, build an army and played once.

Never played again and really dont see me playing again.

I want to try battle for vedros and kill team, tho.

I hope they don't just end up having one rule set for both sysyems. I enjoy the various rules for 40k, vehicles for example. Yes it could be simplified and streamlined a with better use of keywords and synergy, also having it more digitafied like AoS would be good and simplifying and balancing army selection methods.

However, I don't think 40k has a issue with lack of sales so why mess majorly with a winning formula?

Edited by cb_rex

A lot of people are fed up with the 40k rule set. Formations have ruined the game. I for one was a huge 40k player but using my 2000pt CAD and having to face 2k plus 500 pts of free vehicle or eldar D weapon spam is no fun. I stopped playing. Now I only play 30k and AOS. The meta here is generally going in that direction. I think blowing up the game and starting fresh would be good for the game. Until then I will be content with the amazing models being made for the AoS range and enjoying its simple and super fun rule set. 

Edited by MightyQwan
  • Like 4