Spiterider lancers - 225 for 3

3 wounds
Save 4+
Bravery 6
16” move
Lance/2/3+/3+/-1/2 - extra rend and damage on charge
Fangs and claws/2/3+/3+/-1/d3
Poison sting/1/2+/2+/-1/d6, d6MW on hit of 6

180 for alternative build, fight worse, but resurrect d3 models or heal d6 wounds

They seem very swingy. The lances have pretty good profiles on the charge, but only 7 attacks (assuming the champion gets +1). The fangs are less good, though certainly not bad by any stretch, but the sting is really swingy. I feel like that's not great from an NPE point of view, for both the player (when they do very little damage) and their opponent (when they do lots). If prefer the fangs and sting to be combined into a single profile doing either 1 or D3 Mortals on 6s instead: more reliable but less swingy, and less separate dice rolls for different attacks.

That said, if that is how they end up being i won't be upset 🙂

• Like 1

22 hours ago, HollowHills said:

Skaven 

I don't really know or care much, but die hard players should be happy. 

Looking at the warscrolls from Echoes of Doom, the fact that Skaven only got one new hero sculpt and there is no leaks about their rules makes me seriously doubt that Skaven players will be happy. I really hope that I'm wrong.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

50 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

The Bug riders are generally better than the dmg eels. The (swingy) but very potent sting is a little too much imo (the Mortal Wounds part). I am interested in their points cost. They should be around 200+ to reflect their power on the field imo.

They are 225 for 3. Maybe you missed it :)

• Thanks 1

I just opened my Echoes of Doom box and this is first time I see skaven models in person and they really dont look that bad, not sure if they really need update. New units and models are welcome for any faction and they really had to give them something before Sylvaneths but those units in box really dont need update before some of the worse looking stuff.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Aleser said:

I just opened my Echoes of Doom box and this is first time I see skaven models in person and they really dont look that bad, not sure if they really need update. New units and models are welcome for any faction and they really had to give them something before Sylvaneths but those units in box really dont need update before some of the worse looking stuff.

The models in the skaven line most people complain about aren't those ones to be fair. They're the resin/metal stuff that permeates the line, along with models like Gutter Runners

• Like 16

23 minutes ago, Aleser said:

The models in EoD are some of the newer ones in the range. The Screaming Bell/Plague Furnace is pretty much fine by modern AoS standards, and the Clanrats and Stormvermin are perfectly good sculpts (in particular they don't suffer from giant hands syndrome that plagues much of the Skaven range) but lack some of the dynamism of modern AoS sculpts due to having been made to rank up for WFB.

But look at things like the Night Runners (giant hands and poor detail) or Skype Acolytes (truly ancient metal sculpts) and you'll start to get an idea about why Skaven players weren't happy with their single extra miniature (particularly given the old Death Master was one of the less old old models in the range).

• Like 7

32 minutes ago, pixieproxy said:

The models in the skaven line most people complain about aren't those ones to be fair. They're the resin/metal stuff that permeates the line, along with models like Gutter Runners

Fair, I thought skaven fans expect full update of range :)

56 minutes ago, Aleser said:

Fair, I thought skaven fans expect full update of range :)

We just wanted to modernise the miniatures that were first made when half of the people here weren't even born

Edited by Garrac
  • Like 11

1 hour ago, Plinketts Mawtribes said:

If Sons get another battletome so soon after their first one, and after the WD that gave them the perfect battalion, we Ogor players need to revolt.

As both an Ogor and Sons fan, I do wish Mawtribes got their Tome first, however were it not for Covid the Sons Tome wouldve only been 6 months after Mawtribes.

2 hours ago, Garrac said:

We just wanted to modernise the miniatures that were first made when half of the people here weren't even born

My youngest brother just had his first child. I have skaven models older then my brother. So at this point older then 2 generations

• Haha 4
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, japaricio said:

It is a less impactful rumour when they already say that is votann and no KO (well, at least we will convert him into KO :D)

I think they've pivoted to the Rumour Engine itself being a Votann, not that it means the RE is Votann/40k specific. Remember when the last one got "broken" from Chaos? It used to be an Eldar device.

The Rumour Engine – 26th April 2022

On Friday we learned something incredible about the Leagues of Votann and their Ancestor Cores. These venerable cogitators bear a startling resemblance to the Rumour Engine kept locked in Warhammer World’s labyrinthine lower oubliette – right down to the strange bearded faces carved into the sides.

Could it be that we’ve been using an amazing relic of technology from a more enlightened age solely to take confusing close-up photos of models slated for release in three to 12 months this entire time? What priceless knowledge could truly be contained within? What secrets great and terrible percolate within the quantum datastacks of its inscrutable mind?

…Let’s ask it for another picture.

Though with this older RE they're now saying the Engine was a Votann all along. So the rumours aren't guaranteed to be LoV, even if this hammer is.

1 hour ago, HollowHills said:

Skaven is a big ctrl + c / ctrl + v. That said I do think overall they will be fine. It's not an army I know much about ever since plague monk spam went away.

Any word on if they removed or changed the mono-clan battleline rules?