The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, zilberfrid said:

That "War of the Beard 2" won't get anywhere if we all start getting along!

What am I supposed to do? I used to play Dwarfs in ye olden days. And I guess there's a good reason my avatar shows the mountain Aelf with the hammers. 😉

I will however always be a loyal and ardent follower of the Archmage. And also the lady of memes, #PUDAnon. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, KingBrodd said:

Hints from @Whitefang in regards to their getting a Battletome and the Critters being a part of a new Gargant it.

GW is confusing with BTs as DOK didnt need one so soon after yet got one.

Im hoping that the Maneaters are going to become a multi part kit!! I wouldnt be suprised to see them as a Warcry Warband.

More likely to have a <you>

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3
  • LOVE IT! 10

7 hours ago, Chikout said:

Yes. The same rumour that predicted Lumineth, said Sons are coming. We also have the rumour engines which Whitefang confirmed were for the Sons. Sons were the first army to get a wd update and we already know that slaves are coming, who had an update later than Sons. 

There is always a chance that the rumours are wrong but I wouldn't get your hopes up for an Ogors book this year. 

I guess I missed something. Are there any news/leaks about a new LRL battletome and/or minis?

9 minutes ago, Raviv said:

I guess I missed something. Are there any news/leaks about a new LRL battletome and/or minis?

There were romours about a new Lumineth tome and a picture of said tome - same cover art but the red AOS 3rd edition framing.

Apart from that we have no real information but assume it will just be one infantry hero, akin to Fyreslayers, Maggotkin etc. since there hasn't been any buzz.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Chikout said:

I'm 99% sure the next books are Lumineth, Gloomspite, Sons of Behemat, Tzeentch, slaves to Darkness and maybe one more. I think there is a high chance that we see a slaves battlebox this year and the battletome next year. 

Thinking about it, it would be nice to see a slaves Vs OBR box. It would be cool to continue the story of the Bone Reapers' invasion of the All points. OBR don't need much in terms of minis but a second infantry unit would help them a lot. 

I think the battletome cover for Slaves indicate is an army box release (like the chaos Knight box) soo don’t think it going to be yet another vs box

• Like 1

1 hour ago, novakai said:

I though it was a tzeentch vs lumeneath was hinted somewhere in the thread.

While I know Slaanesh is supposed to be the worst enemy to all aelves, Lumineth and Tzeentch are such perfect rivals. I was a little disappointed when the fluff didn't make more of how those two factions would be natural enemies (Severith shooting the Blue Scribes not withstanding.)

They also happen to both be factions that I collect, so whenever that release comes out, it'll be a good day for me!

well i think the reason that Sons are getting a tome so soon (beside better internal balance to the units and tribes) is that Stomper tribe is basically unplayable under the new 3.0 rule, at least that be my guess of what they want to change sooner rather than later. 

• Like 1

Popular armies get more attention and releasing new books for these armies is like printing money for GW.

All those DoK, LRL, and SoB players will have to update themselves with a fresh tome. Main reason some armies don't get new tomes, despite needing it, is because it is not worth it for GW to do so. They slot them in between the main armies, AKA the moneymakers, and let the bottom tier factions live with the Hope™ GW will address their issues in a WD/TC/GHB.

TL;DR: GW's ways are neither random or mysterious. Just follow the money and the reason for why certain armies get preferential treatment start to make sense.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, novakai said:

well i think the reason that Sons are getting a tome so soon (beside better internal balance to the units and tribes) is that Stomper tribe is basically unplayable under the new 3.0 rule, at least that be my guess of what they want to change sooner rather than later. 

The original Sons release date was in April 2020 and was delayed till October so it will be well over 2 years by the time it releases.

3 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Meanwhile the Gitz are abandoned... :(

I need to read something about my poor Gitz

It looks most likely that its Gitz and Sons for Autumn. If not Gitz till next year, that may mean a good chance at more than a single model!!

59 minutes ago, pnkdth said:

Popular armies get more attention and releasing new books for these armies is like printing money for GW.

Which surprises me, because from what I've heard Gloomspite Gitz was extremely well received when it launched, and it's aesthetic is highly praised. 

• Like 4

If they can shorten Tzeentch's hero phases without reducing the spell power of the army, I think we'd all be very happy. I always feel so bad for anyone who brings them to a tournament and has to stay in a time limit 😅 I swear the ones that do manage it are the most efficient AoS players around. 

Edited by Jaskier
  • Like 1