The Rumour Thread

30 minutes ago, EvDJ said:

Really intrigued by this image, also the fact that it's obviously been painted and they've made it black and white. Why would they do that? Don't think they've done that before.

I actually think they do this most the time, that's why sometimes stuff looks like Forge World when it's not - bit of Photoshop greyscale action

3 minutes ago, Fungrim said:

I actually think they do this most the time, that's why sometimes stuff looks like Forge World when it's not - bit of Photoshop greyscale action

You might be right, although one of the Eavy Metal painters on the stream did say that most of the models they paint are the pre-production resins because the plastics haven't been made, so im going to guess the photographs might sometimes follow the same route. I was just wondering if they've greyscaled a painted model before...can't think of any, although I might be wrong.

Edited by EvDJ

Just now, EvDJ said:

You might be right, although one of the Eavy Metal painters on the stream did say that most of the models they paint are the pre-production resins because the plastics haven't been made. I was just wondering if they've greyscaled a painted model before...can't think of any, although I might be wrong.

Suggests it's out pretty soon if it's already painted and ready to go? Not a slow-burner like some of the rumour engine stuff

4 minutes ago, Fungrim said:

Suggests it's out pretty soon if it's already painted and ready to go? Not a slow-burner like some of the rumour engine stuff

Just had another look at the back log of rumours and there are only a couple of things that have been painted that we haven't seen any of yet, and there is one other painted model which they've greyscaled. 

• Like 1

It could be The Lion, but that would be taking his name a bit literally, even for GW. I'm not aware that El'Johnson ever had a lion pelt, but happy to be told otherwise. 

Maybe Aelves?! The only factions hinted at getting new models lately have been Aelves and Skaven. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Caladancid said:

It could be The Lion, but that would be taking his name a bit literally, even for GW. I'm not aware that El'Johnson ever had a lion pelt, but happy to be told otherwise. 

Maybe Aelves?! The only factions hinted at getting new models lately have been Aelves and Skaven. 

I would love it be Aelves but I think it unlikely if they're going for the rumoured Shadowkin theme. However, a new High Elf faction would definitely fit with that image and be most welcome!!

So this isn't a 40k thread, but they just released the Reserves article. 

Only less than half of your units can start off the table, which is something that may come to AoS. Not that you see it that much since Warrior Brotherhood died, but I think we may see something similar with TGH2.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Caladancid said:

He is one of the very few who ever managed to kill a Calibanite Lion before the planet was rediscovered by the Imperium, so maybe GW decided he eventually wanted to gloat in front of Russ and wears his kill as a cape, too...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Spinsane said:

He is one of the very few who ever managed to kill a Calibanite Lion before the planet was rediscovered by the Imperium, so maybe GW decided he eventually wanted to gloat in front of Russ and wears his kill as a cape, too...

Haha yeah it's possible, but the lions on Caliban didn't look like the lion in this new rumor pic. 

4 minutes ago, Popisdead said:

The problem I have of it being High Elf White Lions is they have a relatively new kit.  I don't see the kit being redone since GW tends to do new things.

Dont worry, sometimes its cooler, or something different part of that. Such as a Hero :)

For me the style of painting doesn't match the GW 'eavy metal studio team

They don't do the extreme white glint highlights that I know of (offhand) and have that 'eavy metal look - less artistic... for want of a better word.

This is more the Forge World team - specifically maybe bgarciafenix (instagram acc name). Check out the bloodbowl paintjobs for comparison.

Soo bloodbowl? 30k? Lord of the Rings?