The Rumour Thread

On 2017-5-3 at 10:32 PM, Malin said:

Looks resin to me.

33 minutes ago, Popisdead said:

I concur.

It really is amazing how often this needs to be said.

All minis made by GW are initially cast in resin so they can be painted for the rule books and box art.

The rumour picture is clearly resin, bur that does not mean the final mini will be. 

Anyway, looking forward to finding out what next week's preorder will be. Hoping for skirmish or shadow Aelves. We should get the details on Monday.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Chikout said:

It really is amazing how often this needs to be said.

All minis made by GW are initially cast in resin so they can be painted for the rule books and box art.

The rumour picture is clearly resin, bur that does not mean the final mini will be. 

That was true for metals (given I have held the great weapon Wood Elf lord from 2005 in my hand which is resin).

Plastic models are sculpted in CAD.  But lets have this amazingly said more often.  Cause it never hurts to be snide on a forum.

5 hours ago, Popisdead said:

That was true for metals (given I have held the great weapon Wood Elf lord from 2005 in my hand which is resin).

Plastic models are sculpted in CAD.  But lets have this amazingly said more often.  Cause it never hurts to be snide on a forum.

...and then cast in resin for box shots etc before the plastic mounds are ready. The 'eavy metal painters said as much on Warhammer TV, so you're wrong there, and the rumour photos in resin are most likely pre-production plastic kits.

Edited by Nevvermore

12 hours ago, Popisdead said:

Actually, they said this on WarhammerTV to explain why the studio's Kharadron frigates were wobbling so much, and that the plastic versions wouldn't do so.

6 hours ago, Captain Marius said:

On the Rumour Engine i believe when theyve shown unpainted bitz before they have always been plastic, suggesting that this latest one WILL be a resin kit, which i think suggests BloodBowl (or a special edition ork of some description).

There's been resin masters shown before (hence why there's comments like 'I'm amazed this has to be said so often...'). 

12 hours ago, Popisdead said:

Actually, they said this on WarhammerTV to explain why the studio's Kharadron frigates were wobbling so much, and that the plastic versions wouldn't do so.

1 hour ago, Still-young said:

There's been resin masters shown before (hence why there's comments like 'I'm amazed this has to be said so often...'). 

Does anyone have an example of this, ive looked through all the previous unpainted bits on the rumour engine and they all look like plastic to me! I like trying to figure this stuff out so any help in telling the difference would be appreciated!

26 minutes ago, Captain Marius said:

Does anyone have an example of this, ive looked through all the previous unpainted bits on the rumour engine and they all look like plastic to me! I like trying to figure this stuff out so any help in telling the difference would be appreciated!

The skull on the base and the nurgley centipede thing look like they may well be resin masters.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Captain Marius said:

I'd say these probably are:

IMG_4332.JPG

IMG_4334.JPG

IMG_4331.JPG

• Like 1

My point regarding this part "looking resin to me" was based on the fact of its complexity. Don't get me wrong, GW did huge leap in terms of plastic casting technology, they are the best IMO on the market right now. Still this chainsaw part was very similar to the one on Khorne Blood Slaughterer from Forge World, which I have pleasure to build and paint:

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Khorne-Blood-Slaughterer

These chainsaw like pieces are very similar in their built to the one on BB goblin.

In addition I do not think GW have cast chainsaw which included holes/depth between each chain part, like in this resin cast. When you look at SM or any other Chainsaw part in 40K they are always shown entirely "on the outside". Hope you get what I mean. Maybe I am wrong with this 40K shenanigans, but its not my cup of tea, not taking to much care of Grim Darkness of the far future ;)

And it was resin after all :)

Question is, what will we see in 2 days?!

Plus we had very short period of time, between show up on rumor mill and reveal as someone stated.

Oh my god, a Super Mario Bros "Chomp"  fanatic!?

MoreGoblins3.jpg

Edit: Seriously, I very well might get a batch or three of those gobbos specifically because of this guy... /sigh

Abd I don't even play or plan to play Moonclan

Edited by Spinsane
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, daedalus81 said:

Skirmish on Twitch this Wednesday

Well this should be exciting! Are we thinking this will be a boxed release (rule book, models, maybe terrain if we are lucky), or just a book release? If Shadow War is anything to go by we could be surprised, but quite frankly I have no idea what to expect from GW these days.