The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, DynamicCalories said:

I think they'll keep the two separate. They're keeping granular in 40k because that's how 40k has always been.

That's how Fantasy was, too though.  It sort of makes sense for a GHB2 launch and it solves some problems with some of the current scrolls (if done well).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, VonRunestorm said:

I wonder if the White Dwarf 40th anniversary is Overlord themed if so I need it! Anyone seen any pictures floating about?

-VonRunestorm

I was wondering the exact same thing when my source mentioned the preorder.  When asked, he did not offer what it looked like other than it would be a "new sculpt".

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Thomas Lyons said:

I was wondering the exact same thing when my source mentioned the preorder.  When asked, he did not offer what it looked like other than it would be a "new sculpt".

I have the same the official information so far only gives a price and that its a new sculpt that will work for 40k and Sigmar. Sounds like a KO/Squat model to me a Sqwarf if you will. Hopefully an image will leak before Saturday so I can decided if to buy it along side my KO purchases.

-VonRunestorm

2 hours ago, TerrorPenguin said:

Gonna be a grombrindal surely? 

He's been a White Dwarf in Space before why not do a KO version that has rules to be a Squat in 40k. It would be a one off fun model with rules like the Released Imperial Space marine.

Might be our first look at the new 8th ed profiles too.

-VonRunestorm

• Like 1

The 40k changes sound so amazing, I could nearly cry.  I've waited 20 years for GW to get their heads out of the sand and treat the game this way.  I'm literally beyond psyched for it.  In fact, I hope they backport some of those to AOS, namely having the current matched play (buy in groups, upgrades free) become Narrative and a new matched play that has things like points per model and upgrades costing extra, etc.

In any event I am basically dropping all my other wargames now to focus solely on Warhammer, and that's something I never thought I'd ever say again.

• Like 3

If you cannot shoot into or out of combat in AoS they better offer vouchers for everyone who bought Kharadron Overlords ships, lol! I feel lke the whole army is right on the cusp of tweaking everything right, playing everything right, and doing alright in the end. With shooting so hampered I would probably start every friendly game with something like, "so, 1200 points? I am playin KO. You dont mind if I take an extra frigate and company too, right?"

2 minutes ago, Volund said:

If you cannot shoot into or out of combat in AoS they better offer vouchers for everyone who bought Kharadron Overlords ships, lol! I feel lke the whole army is right on the cusp of tweaking everything right, playing everything right, and doing alright in the end. With shooting so hampered I would probably start every friendly game with something like, "so, 1200 points? I am playin KO. You dont mind if I take an extra frigate and company too, right?"

Could always have special rules to override them, with the default being you can't.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dez said:

I was with you all the way until you mentioned porting points per model and upgrades. 

No thank you :)

See to me, that's what AOS needs to fix it.  Points per group is IMHO obnoxious, and upgrades would fix ****** like Skyfire spam that we are seeing being all the rage now.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, wayniac said:

See to me, that's what AOS needs to fix it.  Points per group is IMHO obnoxious, and upgrades would fix ****** like Skyfire spam that we are seeing being all the rage now.

Except Skyfires don't take any upgrades so you would still need to just adjust their base points. Kind of a bad example. Would make sense for Kurnoth Hunters I guess, but honestly Bow Hunters and Scythe/Sword Hunters should just be separate profiles and points.

1 minute ago, Requizen said:

Except Skyfires don't take any upgrades so you would still need to just adjust their base points. Kind of a bad example. Would make sense for Kurnoth Hunters I guess, but honestly Bow Hunters and Scythe/Sword Hunters should just be separate profiles and points.

Disc could cost more, can't they be on foot as well or was that just enlightened?  In any event I think upgrades and such as extra and PPM would be great for AOS, but that's just me.

• Like 1

I actually agree with points per upgrade (See: stormfiends with warpfire vs other builds). If they just increase the cost of stormfiends across the board, it badly overcosts the models for those who dont just spam three projectors. 

• Like 1