AoS 2 - Hedonites of Slaanesh Discussion

HERO

Man, 3 games in the last two days have given me many thoughts - 

• I love Blissbarbs at 140, they feel great.
  • I love Painbringers at 120, they are constantly underestimated both on the defense and offense.  Folks repeatedly put too little effort into killing them, and left them there farming depravity if they didn't shrug off the incoming attack altogether due to it being under-committed. 
  • 5+ rally is great, +2 speed and 5+ rally are just gravy that I haven't made it to consistently.  
  • Having enough wounds on the field completely changes the game for Slaanesh.
  • Endless spells are pretty rad, and I wish we had a slightly better cheaper caster.  Epitome is OK.  Glutos with Jaws and his movement debuff end units.  Seriously considering putting in some scribes.

All in all, had a great weekend with Slaanesh.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Big Kim Woof-Woof said:

I'm confused. If I have a Sorcerer Lord in my Hedonites army as part of the coalition thingy, can he or can't he use spells from the Lore of Pain and Pleasure? 

He can as he has the right keywords (Slaanesh, Mortal, Hero) and Coalition units can take enhancements unless specified otherwise. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, azdimy said:

No Slaanesh faq is disappointing

Whats weird is Hedonites are mentioned in the Warcom article (at least in reference to formalizing the points changes), and yet we don't appear to be affected at all by the posting of the FAQs.

Just on the subject of the 5++ ward, it's important to note that just because a few of our better units wouldn't benefit from it doesn't mean it's worthless, especially if you reach the total at the end of one of your turns/leading into an opponents' double turn. It still affects Blissbarbs, Myrmidesh, the Twins, any daemons you might summon (obviously will depend on just how many DP you rack up) and both Hellstriders and Exalted Seekers. All those units getting a 5+ ward can mean the difference for them surviving to another turn to give you a DP and potentially Rally later, which given how marginal a lot of games can be regarding DP totals is potentially a big deal. It's one of those things you don't plan around but can absolutely save your bacon if it triggers when you need it, i.e. the aforementioned having it active during an opponents' double turn scenario. 

• Like 1

Any obvious “overcosted - avoid”, “appropriately costed” and/or “great value per point” models post GHB update? Hard not to want to lean into the Painbringers/Twinsouls at first glance, but wondering if I’m missing other options?

1 minute ago, Lupercal said:

Any obvious “overcosted - avoid”, “appropriately costed” and/or “great value per point” models post GHB update? Hard not to want to lean into the Painbringers/Twinsouls at first glance, but wondering if I’m missing other options?

I mean, in general?

Demons, other than chariots, remain fairly overcosted. 

The Contorted Epitome may be an exception.  

Blissbarbs, Twinsouls, Painbringers and Sigvald are all suddenly bargains. 

Because the above are bargains, other mortals feel expensive by comparison even though they're probably less premium than the demons.  

Slaangors remain terrible at any cost that isn't truly absurdly low, let alone more than painbringers. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, KrispyXIV said:

I mean, in general?

Demons, other than chariots, remain fairly overcosted. 

The Contorted Epitome may be an exception.  

Blissbarbs, Twinsouls, Painbringers and Sigvald are all suddenly bargains. 

Because the above are bargains, other mortals feel expensive by comparison even though they're probably less premium than the demons.  

Slaangors remain terrible at any cost that isn't truly absurdly low, let alone more than painbringers. 

Yeah, just basically in general. Coming in with completely fresh eyes, the cuts to Blissbarbs/Twinsouls/Painbringers makes things like Seekers (both Blissbarb and Slickblade) look quite expensive for whats on their warscroll. I guess I'm wondering what's generally considered pulling it's weight for it's points, outside of the obvious recipients of the GHB price cuts?

27 minutes ago, Lupercal said:

Blissbarbs/Twinsouls/Painbringers makes things like Seekers (both Blissbarb and Slickblade) look quite expensive for whats on their warscroll.

But in your experience wouldn't you sometimes miss the speed of seekers if you only have foot troops in your list?

3 minutes ago, Sonnenspeer said:

But in your experience wouldn't you sometimes miss the speed of seekers if you only have foot troops in your list?

Personally, I may miss it - but not so much as to outweigh being able to have, for example, almost two units of painbringers per unit of Exalted Seekers (slickblades or blissbarbs). 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Sonnenspeer said:

I think that's the problem...I'm coming in brand new to Slaanesh off the GHB points decreases specifically targetting models I find amazing aesthetically...I havent experienced the speed of Seekers in order to now miss it. 😁

2 minutes ago, Lupercal said:

coming in brand new to Slaanesh ... targetting models I find amazing aesthetically...

Same as me. But with all the details to paint it took me all of this year to finalize about 1200p and probably till December to finish the army - right in time for the next point update 😅😂

3 minutes ago, Pompe said:

How do we feel about the drop count? A three drop with Battle Regiment and two units in Bountyhunter or GV seems viable as most armies will probably be that or more.

This is what most of my lists I've run recently have been, and it's worked very well.  

Honestly though, Bounty Hunters hasn't been terribly valuable.  No one's leaving veterans exposed or is avoiding them altogether, so making use of the extra damage has been inconsistent... came up once in three games. 

Edited by KrispyXIV

Hello friends! I have a question, why everyone picks twinsouls over painbringers even if painbringers now much more cheaper?

Are painpbringers too bad? Or they are not? I really love the models and rules of both of them, but wanna know why not much live for shieldy boys

6 minutes ago, AronQ_ said:

Hello friends! I have a question, why everyone picks twinsouls over painbringers even if painbringers now much more cheaper?

Are painpbringers too bad? Or they are not? I really love the models and rules of both of them, but wanna know why not much live for shieldy boys

For 10 points, you get mathematically superior damage output and the option of partial coverage with a 5+ ward - in general, a good deal that means with good play, twinsouls are going to be "better".  They also have 2" reach, which means that in big units they're easier to have everyone fight (since you don't want to make them Battle Line, as that will expose them to Bounty Hunters).

That said, informally speaking, I really like Painbringers.  They're probably not so much worse - especially for 10 points less - that running them is going to hurt you in any meaningful way if you play to their strengths. 

Theyre both great options now. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AronQ_ said:

I've found the Twinsouls an absolute joy to convert and paint. The Painbringers... less so.

Plus the philosophy behind a shield feels fundamentally un-Slaaneshy to me! 

The reason I don't pick Painbringers, despite them being the best models in the range, is that they do way less damage (even with zero rend Twinsouls will outshine them), their +1 to save is only in melee and it's a 4+save +1, not a 3+ save, they have 2 attacks each and only with 1 range. This means that unless you put them as battleline (removing the whole point of them being 'tanky' as they're now vulnerable to bouty hunters), they won't be able to get all 10 of their models in. 

Twinsouls with good planning will also be more tanky with a 5+ ward, get all their models in to fight, and with a good roar / purple sun will absolutely smash most units. They also move 8" which is huge. 

You can take Painbringers, but I'd rather take Slickblade Seekers or Painbringers. They're not bad in themselves, but the other options are better for my taste.

Thanks for your opinions friends! And I have one more question, how is working Soporific Musk rule of fiends? If fiends have 4+ model in unit, enemy must substract 1 to wound or if there enemy that include 4+ model, they must substract 1 to wound?

1 hour ago, AronQ_ said:

Thanks for your opinions friends! And I have one more question, how is working Soporific Musk rule of fiends? If fiends have 4+ model in unit, enemy must substract 1 to wound or if there enemy that include 4+ model, they must substract 1 to wound?

1-3 fiends = -1 to hit.

4 or more fiends = -1 to hit and to wound.

Enemy models doesn't matter since it says this unit. Then say when enemy units target this unit. Wording can be a bit jumbled and you gotta read a rule a few times. Especially since they like to write similar rules in 3+ different ways just to keep us on edge. 😆

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tizianolol said:

Guys if my opponent got abilities that heal something at the end of the battleshock phase ( skaven clanrats) , if with that heal make the unit full body, i generate depravity? Thx a lot

The FAQ that addresses whether healed wounds still counts for DP should also logically carry over to returned models - the answer should be yes.  

• Like 1