AoS 2 - Hedonites of Slaanesh Discussion

HERO

On 1/6/2022 at 3:00 PM, Feorag said:

your collection does have some legs but we're all having a bit of a struggle finding what works against most right now.

5 hellstriders and 2x1 seeker chariot would be a solid battleline base to start off with your godseeker host.

I really want to like soulgrinders! 

haha me too.

On 1/6/2022 at 9:21 PM, CeleFAZE said:

Hopefully this gives you somewhere to start.

It does indeed.  You both helped solidify some direction for certain.  Thanks kindly.

had my first game with Slaanesh tonight (on TTS) v OBR

took a summoning heavy list based on the new box

managed to summon well - a Keeper turn 2 and 30 daemonettes turn 3

however everything pretty much bounced off the morteks rerolling saves. I had much greater expectations for the summoned Daemons!

What are the best ways to buff a KOS to actually do any damage against well armoured foes? In fact how does Slaanesh deal with armour in general?

28 minutes ago, Carnelian said:

What are the best ways to buff a KOS to actually do any damage against well armoured foes? In fact how does Slaanesh deal with armour in general?

Roll 6's to wound.  KoS look totally awesome when you roll 6's to wound and do 10-15 mortal wounds in one combat.

Realistically, you're at the mercy of fate and they don't really perform ever.

Other than that, power through saves with volume of attacks - unfortunately, rerolling saves are particularly resilient to this strategy.

Edited by KrispyXIV
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Carnelian said:

In all honesty when I've been against antihalators, turtles, bastilodons etc I'll try and summon a blade bringer on exalted chariot and blend down with a few mortal wounds. 

Synessa is good for pinging a couple of mortal wounds! 

I've found blissbarb seekers to be a bit of a trap as the mw isn't massively reliable!

Edited by Feorag
  • Like 4

15 hours ago, Carnelian said:

Godseeker keeper of secret with hunter supreme and vial of the manticore on the claws (universal artefact). Sacrifice to the fane and hit on 2s rr 1s, wound on 3s rr 1s with the great blade and 2s rr 1s with the claws.

This reliably do good damge to heavy armour piece 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Feorag said:

In all honesty when I've been against antihalators, turtles, bastilodons etc I'll try and summon a blade bringer on exalted chariot and blend down with a few mortal wounds. 

Synessa is good for pinging a couple of mortal wounds! 

I've found blissbarb seekers to be a bit of a trap as the mw isn't massively reliable!

Difficulty with OBR and a few mortals here and there is they just got healed back up by Arkhan. Think I need to focus fire more on them next time

2 hours ago, azdimy said:

Godseeker keeper of secret with hunter supreme and vial of the manticore on the claws (universal artefact). Sacrifice to the fane and hit on 2s rr 1s, wound on 3s rr 1s with the great blade and 2s rr 1s with the claws.

This reliably do good damge to heavy armour piece 

Thanks - although I don't think any of these add extra rend to deal with armour do they?

Are there ways to get extra attacks on the KOS?

2 hours ago, Carnelian said:

Thanks - although I don't think any of these add extra rend to deal with armour do they?

Are there ways to get extra attacks on the KOS?

They add reliability and more chances to do a 6 on the wound rolls with the claws for 5 mortal wounds,  it will do on average 8.86 damage vs a 2+ save. You can get an extra claw attack in pretenders via an artefact

Edited by azdimy

On 1/13/2022 at 12:58 PM, Carnelian said:

Difficulty with OBR and a few mortals here and there is they just got healed back up by Arkhan. Think I need to focus fire more on them next time

You could use shooting to pick them off; OBR mortek guard cannot reroll saves against shooting attacks. Mortal wounds are also great (which we have an abundance of), and think Glutos would work well against them with a life swarm nearby to restore wounds as he casts his constant -1 hit aura. In a way, you can beat them at their own game by tanking hits and restoring wounds. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lucentia said:

Just to confirm, a summoned wizard no longer gets to pick a spell from the lore, right?  Or am I missing a by-law somewhere?

You get to pick a spell since the units you summon are eligible for and gain the appropriate keyword/allegiance abilities.

Battle traits and enhancements both fall under allegiance abilities.

Image 1 is from the Core Rulebook FAQ for AoS.

Image 2 is from the core rulebook (right column, enhancements and allegiance abilities, page 35).

Screenshot 2022-01-17 at 17.31.50.png

Screenshot 2022-01-17 at 17.34.26.png

Edited by pnkdth
  • Like 1

The exalted seekers are significantly taller than the seekers in the chariot kit (probably by half an inch/three quarters of an inch or so in the saddle area), the tails are longer and more elaborate, and it would be tough to get 4 of them neatly side by side.  It wouldn't be impossible to make a chariot with the new and improved seekers, but it would be a more involved conversion than simply swapping them for the regular chariot seekers for sure.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, docofallplagues said:

Building my way up to getting an exhalted chariot and I'm wondering how difficult it might be to use the new seeker models for it since they look so much better. Would the size difference throw things off?

That exalted chariot  kit already does not fit on the base GW provides so at this point I d say go for it and convert away. Those exalted seekers are so nice and easy to build if you don t do the riders!

I was rereading the Slaangor warscroll out of curiosity, and I noticed their “Obsessive Violence” special rule, which I initially misread that it only causes a single mortal wound on a +4 to a unit of choice. 

Instead, it says that you roll a dice  for each model in an enemy unit of your choice within 3 inches at the end of the combat phase, and on a +4 you cause a mortal wound. 

If I’m interpreting it correctly, then that would mean that you’d be able to effect my cut single wound chaff/horde units in half. For example, if you have a unit of 60 Clanrats, you roll 60 dice, unless they have some sort of way to negate mortal wounds, they’d lose (on average) half the models in their unit.

If this is true, because of the 3 inch range, I can essentially put these guys behind a unit of Painbringers and cause somewhat consistent mortal wound output, just for the price of 130 points.

edit: 

nevermind, it’s per slaangor model and not per model in enemy unit; Slaangors still suck 

Edited by AngryPanda
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, AngryPanda said:

nevermind, it’s per slaangor model and not per model in enemy unit; Slaangors still suck 

I think everyone who reads their scroll gets a pang of hope with that rule, thinking that they may have some sort of use as horde killers, only for that hope to be crushed on a second reading. 

• Sad 2

33 minutes ago, Enoby said:

I think everyone who reads their scroll gets a pang of hope with that rule, thinking that they may have some sort of use as horde killers, only for that hope to be crushed on a second reading. 

Oddly enough, when you consider this fact, they are the most Slaaneshy unit going! 

• Haha 5

On 1/26/2022 at 6:28 AM, azdimy said:

You can t event expect depravity from those poor beasts. 9 wounds on a 5+ save they die in a single round of combat against most enemy units and as a rrsult never get to do their mortal wound rolls either 

Well,.. you are unlikely to kill your enemy right?  So they'll generate one won't they?  Even if your Slaangors die outright.  They are a "beastmen" unit so always look at them being garbage and how they disappoint then be surprised if they turn that around and impress you

Edited by Popisdead
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Popisdead said:

really?  I assume they would get the charge having good mobility and only being 3 models.  Perhaps i'm missing out entirely.

If you think mvt 8 without any mvt ability gives you the edge on getting the charge I d say you haven t been playing aos much lately

Army Faction: Hedonites of Slaanesh
    - Army Type: Godseekers
    - Grand Strategy: Dominating Presence
    - Triumphs: Inspired

LEADER

Bladebringer, Herald on Exalted Chariot (265)*
    - General
    - Command Traits: Speed-chaser
    - Artefacts: Vial of Manticore Venom
    - Spells: Phantasmagoria

Bladebringer, Herald on Seeker Chariot (190)**
    - Spells: Soulslice Shards