AoS 2 - Hedonites of Slaanesh Discussion

HERO

So synessa has the staff of slaanesh, a weapon epitomising the prince, on a 6 it does nothing....

why couldnt talons battleshock immune work on mortals.....

so basically

Dexcessa

-run + charge or retreat + charge, 10 wounds 12"

-sceptre- 1 free command per turn, only to slaanesh daemons, and battleshock immune only for daemons

-2 attacks  (3" 4a 2+ 3+ -1 d2) and (1" 2 3+3+-2 d2) synessa only gets the 2nd attack

synessa

-9 wounds

-staff has shooting profile- pick a unit within 18", enemy rolls d6, if under their armour its d6 mortals, if over its d3, if you roll a 6 (slaanesh holy number) nothing happens

-can issue commands anywhere on board

-1 cast no bonus, knows every spell

-inbuilt spell - whisper of doubt, pick 1 enemy hero, roll 3d6, if over bravery get +1 to hit (its basically just a slightly different version of mortal spell, and arguably worse than what heralds get)

Edited by MothmanDraws

16 minutes ago, MothmanDraws said:

So synessa has the staff of slaanesh, a weapon epitomising the prince, on a 6 it does nothing....

why couldnt talons battleshock immune work on mortals.....

It does seem mortals have just been left out a bit. It's a massive shame that the voice isn't as much of a buff piece or caster as we were expecting! 

22 minutes ago, MothmanDraws said:

-inbuilt spell - whisper of doubt, pick 1 enemy hero, roll 3d6, if over bravery get +1 to hit (its basically just a slightly different version of mortal spell, and arguably worse than what heralds get)

I could see this this working to spike out Heroes with Blissbarb as it is just +1 to hit rather than just in combat. Essentially goodbye LoS for that hero! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, pnkdth said:

There seem to be a disconnect between what the twins are and the expectations of what people wanted/believed them to be. They are not the spawn of a fully powered and unleashed Slaanesh but the result of a portion of Slaanesh's power seeping through the cracks of its prison. Not saying you have to love it, just manage expectations. Two god-tier units which immediately overshadows Keepers would not have been ideal either (as I suspect people would have been furious claiming GW making the battletome obsolete and forcing us to pay for new models/expansions to compete, like typical GW amirite?).

Seeing as HoS got a lot of new units recently and a new battletome I didn't even expect the twins to be a thing at all. Instead, we get two new models who can realistically fit into the same army or complement an army with their respective abilities and areas of focus.

TL;DR: Imma wait for the rules and see what's what. 

They are called Children of Slaanesh by Games Workshop, therefore people are correct in their expectations that children of Slaanesh walk the Realms. As Children of Slaanesh, they ought to be far more powerful than regular KoS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEyEVACRJZQ

Just now, Enoby said:

They can use the +1 save command ability on themselves for free :)

Thanks, but I already wrote that it was my mistake. That is useful.

Admittedly, I was expecting them to be a bit more powerful. But I will order them anyway.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sorrow said:

Thanks, but I already wrote that it was my mistake. That is useful.

Admittedly, I was expecting them to be a bit more powerful. But I will order them anyway.

Ah yeah, sorry - didn't see your other reply :)

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Sorrow said:

They are called Children of Slaanesh by Games Workshop, therefore people are correct in their expectations that children of Slaanesh walk the Realms. As Children of Slaanesh, they ought to be far more powerful than regular KoS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEyEVACRJZQ

I'm basing my claim on official quotes and previews (articles I've posted recently in this thread). They are Slaanesh's children but it doesn't change how they were spawned, i.e. from the essence which escaped its prison. It is but a fraction of Slaanesh's true power and given the nature of the prison it also makes sense why they're split up and fragmented. 

Had they been delivered under better circumstances it is likely they would have been far more terrifying. Though who are we as mere mortals to try and understand the will of the gods?

When a sylvaneth flute boi hippie vines have almost the same profile as a slaanesh twin avatar with their staff....

idk the models should have cost more but had more ambitious rule. Very bland.

Dexcessa is the clear winner, Synessa is trash. I’m almost certain that when they were writing the rules for Synessa, the writers must of slipped and hit their heads while smoking impure crack-cocaine; there’s no way any reasonable AoS gamer (much less a writer) would look at the birth child of a God and say “yea let’s only give her one cast with no bonuses.” A Shardspeaker is better! 

Comparatively, Dexcessa had more attacks and the ability to apply one command ability for free to a Daemon Unit; lists with her in Lurid Haze that also take the Supreme Symberites battalion, in addition to the Rod of Misrule, is essentially going to give Slaanesh players infinite command points and a free CP on a Daemon Unit. She’s also quite mobile as well, making her a prime deep strike candidate. 

I personally still feel that both Glutos and Sigvald are superior for army synergy and spell casting, and melee prowess respectively. If I were to take Dexcessa, I’d run her along a 6-man unit of Fiends to give them free command ability benefits. Or, try taking a 30-Woman unit of Daemonettes with a +4 save (Lurid Haze) and immune to battleshock. I could definitely see Dex replacing Sigvald in some lists, or working as a budget KoS. 

Edited by AngryPanda
  • Like 3

Syn is trash enough said, but Dex is actually pretty good? Her combat profile is basically the average of sigvalds but trades ignore shrugs for stacking attacks. She's faster and with more wounds with a worse save, no shrug but constant -1, no charge bonus but run and charge and ice that cake with free command and battleshock immunity for daemons. Shame it doesn't work on mortals but she could always use her free command on herself and spend the saved command point to make slickblades bs immune.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, AngryPanda said:

Dexcessa is the clear winner, Synessa is trash. I’m almost certain that when they were writing the rules for Synessa, the writers must of slipped and hit their heads while smoking impure crack-cocaine; there’s no way any reasonable AoS gamer (much less a writer) would look at the birth child of a God and say “yea let’s only give her one cast with no bonuses.” A Shardspeaker is better! 

Comparatively, Dexcessa had more attacks and the ability to apply one command ability for free to a Daemon Unit; lists with her in Lurid Haze that also take the Supreme Symberites battalion, in addition to the Rod of Misrule, is essentially going to give Slaanesh players infinite command points and a free CP on a Daemon Unit. She’s also quite mobile as well, making her a prime deep strike candidate. 

I personally still feel that both Glutos and Sigvald are superior for army synergy and spell casting, and melee prowess respectively. If I were to take Dexcessa, I’d run her along a 6-man unit of Fiends to give them free command ability benefits. 

I have to say that I am genuinely wondering why are Slaaneshi rules being written this way. Even incompetence has its limits.

1 minute ago, Sorrow said:

I have to say that I am genuinely wondering why are Slaaneshi rules being written this way. Even incompetence has its limits.

A couple weeks ago I stated a theory of mine that at least one or more writers either feel salty about Slaanesh’s first release, aren’t fans of the army or simply don’t like them, or both. I took a guess from the numerous rumors that there was drama/debate behind the scenes when releasing our somewhat recent disappointment of a battletome, and this confirms it somewhat more so. However, I feel that Dexcessa is actually pretty decent, and can be considered a cheaper replacement to a KoS or a more reliable Sigvald. 

• Like 2

When a sylvaneth flute boi hippie vines have almost the same profile as a slaanesh twin avatar with their staff....

idk the models should have cost more but had more ambitious rule. Very bland.

Not massively thematic.... but Syn in a legions of the first prince just choosing heroes for flamers to delete.

As with no range needed it could make deleting the bigger heroes a piece of cake! 

Something like 

Spoiler

Leaders
Be'Lakor, the Dark Master (380)
- General
Fateskimmer, Herald of Tzeentch on Burning Chariot (140)
Bladebringer, Herald on Exalted Chariot (250)
- Artefact: Fourfold Blade
Gaunt Summoner on Disc of Tzeentch (260)

Battleline
10 x Pink Horrors of Tzeentch (220)
10 x Daemonettes (110)
10 x Pink Horrors of Tzeentch (220)

Units
1 x Exalted Flamers of Tzeentch (100)
6 x Flamers of Tzeentch (280)

Total: 1960 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 0
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 83

Edited by Feorag
  • Like 1

You know, considering the narrative that the twins are literal children of a chaos god, derived from Slaanesh's pure essence, I'm somewhat disappointed. Doesn't it bother any of you that a vampire who is not even a mortarch, is a better wizard than a greater daemon/child of a god? I'm pretty close to deciding to work on Vyrkos right now to be frank. I was quite hopeful for Broken Realms Kragnos, but it seems my hopes are being dashed right now. 

Edited by shinros
  • Like 2

Synessa's spell is so very bland. Basically a better version of Dark Delusions from the mortal lore (making that one more spell that is useless to them). 

Dexcessa is fairly tanky with the free CP; -1 to hit, +1 save from Lurid Haze (still little reason to take any other faction right now) and with the CPs overflowing you could easily give them re-roll saves of one even if you don't get Mystic Shield off. If you pair them up with Glutos you've got a tanky shred-monster that gets more dangerous every round. A little surprised they didn't get MWs on 6s to wound, though. 

• Like 2

Commands are also changing so that ability could be far more powerful than people as yet realise. 

Also lets not forget the twins might well have point costs well below some of the other major leader characters. So having only 1 spell per turn might not be as bad when that twin doesn't end up costing something like Nagash at 900+points 

• Like 2

The lore for the Voice now though: 

"While still perfectly capable of bisecting foolish mortal warriors with their claws, Synessa prefers to let their magical might do the talking – which is even more worrying for unlucky foes that now have to stare down a reflection of Slaanesh's own godly arcane power." 

• Haha 5