AoS 2 - Hedonites of Slaanesh Discussion

HERO

30 minutes ago, Enoby said:

For those who are interested, I've updated my Fangs of the Leviathan thread with 'Sigvald' and 'Glutos' - I'm hoping to update the others soon :)

Find the thread here if you're interested: 

@Loyal Son of Khemri @Sorrow I know you two have been looking for this :)

Thanks @Enoby, you’re one heck a of an artist and an inspiration to us all.

Edited by Loyal Son of Khemri
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Loyal Son of Khemri said:

Thanks @Enoby, you’re one heck a of an artist and an inspiration to us all.

Thank you very much! 

I'm hoping to try get them in White Dwarf if possible - they're not quite as good as some of the things you see in there, but at the same time they're quite unique. That said, I have no clue about how to get them in there :P

Final group pic of Fangs of the Leviathan.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Enoby said:

Thank you very much! 

I'm hoping to try get them in White Dwarf if possible - they're not quite as good as some of the things you see in there, but at the same time they're quite unique. That said, I have no clue about how to get them in there :P

Good look! I wouldn’t even know how to 

go about getting them into WD 

Edited by Host_of_Ego
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Enoby said:

Thank you very much! 

You should get an article I there, I just don’t know how they choose armies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Enoby said:

Thank you very much! 

Plaster them all over social media sites tagged with GW or whatever the GW tags are that they use. Post enough times and I'm sure GW will notice. After that I hear you have to make sacrifices of first born children and oaths to dark gods and join a cult

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So people seem to think Battalions are completely disappearing. Listening to the interview, it sounds like they’re ADDING common ones that anyone can use; army specific ones stay, but common ones get added to GHB so anyone can use them. Similar to how common magic items existed in WHFB. Just my take based on discussion. 

Well both the new Battletomes had Battalions in them; however it might be that they are going to shift things around and perhaps "matched play" will only feature core battalions whilst open or narrative will make more use of battletome ones. 

Battalions were always a touch odd; some were almost auto-includes whlist others were 5K points just for min unit numbers and clearly aimed at huge games far out of the normal. Meanwhlie others relied purely upon alliances of different armies. So even if a tome had several you could easily say that 2 or 3 were rare to never touched for most people. 

Took the feedback on board and locked in my list for the tournament in a couple weeks:

Allegiance: Slaanesh

- Host: Scarlet Cavalcade Godseekers Host (Host of Chaos)

LEADERS

Keeper of Secrets (340)

- General

- Command Trait: Embodiment of Haste

- Sinistrous Hand

- Artefact: Helm of the Last Rider

- Spell: Paths of the Dark Prince

The Contorted Epitome (210)

- Artefact: Enrapturing Circlet

- Lore of Slaanesh: Born of Damnation

BATTLELINE

11 x Blissbarb Archers (160)

5 x Hellstriders with Hellscourges (150)

UNITS

5 x Blissbarb Seekers (180)

5 x Slickblade Seekers (200)

BATTALIONS

Seeker Cavalcade (140)

ENDLESS SPELLS

Mesmerising Mirror (60)

TOTAL: 1970/2000

12 hours ago, TimeToWaste85 said:

So people seem to think Battalions are completely disappearing. Listening to the interview, it sounds like they’re ADDING common ones that anyone can use; army specific ones stay, but common ones get added to GHB so anyone can use them. Similar to how common magic items existed in WHFB. Just my take based on discussion. 

It's tricky to know. I'm convinced I heard them say "we're culling battalions", but no one else heard this so I'm probably just hearing things :P Regardless, while losing battalions may hurt us, I think our battalions are more of a nice extra than a list defining thing. I'm sure we'll manage

57 minutes ago, CeleFAZE said:

Took the feedback on board and locked in my list for the tournament in a couple weeks:

Allegiance: Slaanesh

- Host: Scarlet Cavalcade Godseekers Host (Host of Chaos)

LEADERS

Keeper of Secrets (340)

- General

- Command Trait: Embodiment of Haste

- Sinistrous Hand

- Artefact: Helm of the Last Rider

- Spell: Paths of the Dark Prince

The Contorted Epitome (210)

- Artefact: Enrapturing Circlet

- Lore of Slaanesh: Born of Damnation

BATTLELINE

11 x Blissbarb Archers (160)

UNITS

BATTALIONS

Seeker Cavalcade (140)

ENDLESS SPELLS

Mesmerising Mirror (60)

TOTAL: 1970/2000

I like this list :) I think you'll generate a lot of DP from it. 

What will you use for objectives? Early summoning or hellstriders?

---

Also, unrelated, but had a game using an Archaon list. He failed all of his attacks bar one, all of his saves, and all but one of the damage rolls against him were max. He died first turn :P

I think Belekor had a part to play in those dice 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Enoby said:

It's tricky to know. I'm convinced I heard them say "we're culling battalions", but no one else heard this so I'm probably just hearing things :P Regardless, while losing battalions may hurt us, I think our battalions are more of a nice extra than a list defining thing. I'm sure we'll manage

I like this list :) I think you'll generate a lot of DP from it. 

What will you use for objectives? Early summoning or hellstriders?

---

Also, unrelated, but had a game using an Archaon list. He failed all of his attacks bar one, all of his saves, and all but one of the damage rolls against him were max. He died first turn :P

I think Belekor had a part to play in those dice 

Early game it will be ideally hellstriders or blissbarb seekers, depending on the objective placement. Once I get the depravity ball rolling they'll be swapped for daemonette blobs while the rest of the army applies pressure. Of course plans will have to adapt depending on my enemy, but that's the general play I have in mind. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, CeleFAZE said:

Early game it will be ideally hellstriders or blissbarb seekers, depending on the objective placement. Once I get the depravity ball rolling they'll be swapped for daemonette blobs while the rest of the army applies pressure. Of course plans will have to adapt depending on my enemy, but that's the general play I have in mind. 

That sounds like a good plan :)

If the rumours are true and we lose battalions, do you think you'll be taking Hellstriders and the other seekers as often? 

I don't know how much if anything these generic battalions will cost, but I'm going to guess they won't give any abilities (it'll be drops, cp and artefacts). 

I did make a list without battalions or named characters. It's not great (though would benefit from points drops greatly), but it's mostly there to capture the feeling of a marching balanced army (as in, no points sinks into one unit).

Lurid Haze invaders

General - Lord of Pain (Lurid Haze CT and artefact)

General - Shardspeaker (rod of misrule)

×10 Twinsouls

×10 Twinsouls

×10 Painbringers

×11 Blissbarb archers

×11 Blissbarb archers

×5 Slickblade Seekers

×5 Slickblade seekers 

It'll likely win no tournaments, but at a casual setting it's meant to have a bit of everything and feel like a 'proper' army.

One thing I can say about this book is, despite the survey results, I feel much more encouraged to experiment with lists. The old tome was very unimaginative, but also strongly pushed you towards heroes with depravity points. At least in this list, despite it being weaker, it's not punished for taking troops.

If there was a change, it would be a unit of blissbarb archers/the shardspeaker and a unit of Slickblades for a KoS.

Edited by Enoby

2 hours ago, zombiepiratexxx said:

I don't think they're going to replace army specific battalions, I imagine there'll be more choice, not less, as there will be generic ones, but I guess we'll have to wait and see. 

It's a tricky one - I'd much prefer battalions to stay as I think they diversify lists when they're not unbalanced. For example, the Nobles of Excess is a nice little boost but would hardly determine an entire army list unless you wanted it to. On the other hand, the person who correctly leaked everything else said that normal battalions were gone from matched play. 

Would be annoying if we didn't get Battalions in matched play as that's where my focus is, I'm not ever going to take anything to a tournament so I'm not focussed there which may be what they're thinking about by potentially removing them from that version of the game. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, zombiepiratexxx said:

Would be annoying if we didn't get Battalions in matched play as that's where my focus is, I'm not ever going to take anything to a tournament so I'm not focussed there which may be what they're thinking about by potentially removing them from that version of the game. 

Yeah, I'm hoping they're not removed too. Maybe they'll release some more heavily sanctioned faction battalions at a later point (a bit like faction endless spells), but I can see that getting out of hand.

On an unrelated note, I really really want to see the rules for these twins! Vampires deserve their time in the sun (heh) but selfishly I want them out of the way to focus on BR: Kragnos 😛  

• Like 2

On 5/7/2021 at 1:29 AM, Enoby said:

I think archers have one of the highest potentials, held back by their points costs. I used them in a game recently and they did pretty nice chip damage here and there, generating a lot of depravity. If they came down to 120 points I'd happily fill out most of my battleline with them. 

I've been thinking about their potential.  I have 40 Ungor Raiders so I could take 20 instead of 11 Blisbarbs.  Both can run and shoot with 18 range weapons.  Since you need 20 for the rr 1s I would lean towards the +1 to wound making 11 Blissbarbs better.  They'll both hit the same but wound and rend better for Slaanesh.  Suddenly the Blissbarbs (apart from wound count) are significantly better.  a 4+/4+/-/1 isn't much to write home about and people don't take Raiders for their stats (unless they take,.. 90,..)  160 points of Raiders vs 150 points of Blissbarbs, one of those will perform better than the other.  I don't know what other shooting is out there, I don't play much past pure Slaanesh daemons and BoC.  Maybe it's a poor comparison however Ungors aren't bad choices; they are the one good thing in that book.

I kinda think the Blissbarbs while pricey for 10 wounds have good stats to make a single unit an auto-include for utility.  Maybe since I've played BoC and WE for 18 years i'm good at polishing turds,..

On 5/9/2021 at 12:51 PM, Overread said:

Plaster them all over social media sites tagged with GW or whatever the GW tags are that they use. Post enough times and I'm sure GW will notice. After that I hear you have to make sacrifices of first born children and oaths to dark gods and join a cult

And  yet,.. sometimes you see a base coated model and it's,.. not that impressive.  No valid reason Enoby's stuff isn't on War Com.  It would make an impact and be memorable.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Popisdead said:

I've been thinking about their potential.  I have 40 Ungor Raiders so I could take 20 instead of 11 Blisbarbs.  Both can run and shoot with 18 range weapons.  Since you need 20 for the rr 1s I would lean towards the +1 to wound making 11 Blissbarbs better.  They'll both hit the same but wound and rend better for Slaanesh.  Suddenly the Blissbarbs (apart from wound count) are significantly better.  a 4+/4+/-/1 isn't much to write home about and people don't take Raiders for their stats (unless they take,.. 90,..)  160 points of Raiders vs 150 points of Blissbarbs, one of those will perform better than the other.  I don't know what other shooting is out there, I don't play much past pure Slaanesh daemons and BoC.  Maybe it's a poor comparison however Ungors aren't bad choices; they are the one good thing in that book.

I kinda think the Blissbarbs while pricey for 10 wounds have good stats to make a single unit an auto-include for utility.  Maybe since I've played BoC and WE for 18 years i'm good at polishing turds,..

You make a good point between our archers and ungor raiders. I think our archers have a higher chance of putting on a single wound due to the rend and 3s to wound, which makes them good for depravity. They also count as battleline which is really nice. If they were brought down to 130 I'd be much happier taking a unit or more. If the rumours about battalions are true, then we won't be able to take the ungor raiders as anything but allies, which will be hard in large quantities. 

I think the one issue with Blissbarbs is how easily they melt for their points cost. With a 6+ save and poor bravery, anything that dedicates any sort of firepower into them will quickly wipe out 160 points. If they were a little bit cheaper it wouldn't feel as bad, but with their costs they become an easy kill that you can't really afford to screen. 

2 hours ago, Popisdead said:

And  yet,.. sometimes you see a base coated model and it's,.. not that impressive.  No valid reason Enoby's stuff isn't on War Com.  It would make an impact and be memorable.  

Thank you :) of the one of the things that I think might risk not getting in with it the use of 3D printed heads; it shouldn't matter as it's not even third party, but they may have a 100% GW rule 

3 hours ago, Sorrow said:

@Enoby

Honestly, I promised to myself that I would not get on board the hype train, but here I am :)

I know, I'm really struggling not to be hyped too. I'm trying to convince myself that they'll be 'meh' - decent but hardly worth writing home about. But with all of those people who have seen them saying how good they are...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Enoby said:

You make a good point between our archers and ungor raiders. I think our archers have a higher chance of putting on a single wound due to the rend and 3s to wound, which makes them good for depravity. They also count as battleline which is really nice. If they were brought down to 130 I'd be much happier taking a unit or more. If the rumours about battalions are true, then we won't be able to take the ungor raiders as anything but allies, which will be hard in large quantities. 

I think the one issue with Blissbarbs is how easily they melt for their points cost. With a 6+ save and poor bravery, anything that dedicates any sort of firepower into them will quickly wipe out 160 points. If they were a little bit cheaper it wouldn't feel as bad, but with their costs they become an easy kill that you can't really afford to screen. 

Yeah I wasn't even thinking about the battalion.  Just 80 points for the 10 guys.  I'm not sure the battalion is really as good of value without Bestigors getting exploding 6s.  I'm sure they are still okay and decent but,.. I did see one of the mods make a hint "gw might have something for BoC to still get marks" and he's close enough to maybe know the general flow or feel.  I guess BoC is the go-to screen.  60 point Ungors are pretty darn good.

I keep hearing Ogroid Crusher?  The rock chucker.  I'm also convinced Soulgrinders at 400 points for two provide some utility over the 5 rounds. I don't know if those are also allies or not.  Not 100% sure how to get non-BoC into the army (since I own so little of it).  I know people are taking 3x5 Ch Warriors so I'm assuming it just gets marked and isn't required to be allied in?

Blissbarbs melt fast for sure.  Being a Warherd player I'm used to that.  So maybe a lot of the issues I'm numb to :P  Also CoS has a lack of chaff so when I use my old Wanderers it's something that forces me to be aware for deployment and movement.

14 minutes ago, Popisdead said:

Also CoS has a lack of chaff so when I use my old Wanderers it's something that forces me to be aware for deployment and movement.

Maybe if you only limit yourself to the wanderers, but Cities as a whole has a ton of chaff. Freeguild Guard, Corsairs, and Flagellents are plenty cheap enough to chaff for the army, they just don't fit the wanderers theme. 

I just had my first battle against Teclis LRL, and ******. I could use some advice on dealing with LRL because they seem to have no remaining weaknesses with their new teleport spell. They have: 

Excellent saves available across the board: Aetherquartz plus Teclis and his 18" 5+ after-save bubble means even archers are tough nuts to crack; 

Potent offence with bucketloads of mortal wounds all over the shop and most things hitting on 3s. Swordmasters auto-hit, wound on 2s and have -2 rend which basically negates anything we have except Glutos; 

I cannot stress this enough: INSANE magic. With Teclis and the right faction everything within 18" of the big man gets +2 to casting, unbinding and dispelling. Every wizard with Aetherquartz can use it to re-roll in the unlikely eventuality a spell doesn't go off. On top of this, the terrain piece can be used for one free re-roll per turn. This isn't taking into account Teclis' abilities, which my opponent used for 4 spells going off on 10s every round. Basically the LRL can comfortably cast 6-7 spells a turn unopposed. 

The shooting. Oh my God the shooting. With their unstoppable magic, LRL have 30" no-LOS MWs on 5s +1 to hit re-roll all misses shooting. With 2 units of sentinels, even Glutos melts to it -- especially if his after-save has been knocked off. 

Command ability shenanigans: 1 free command point per turn from the terrain piece (and speaking of this terrain piece, I fondly recall the days when my opponent claimed the Fane was overpowered) and the eclipse spell means the LRL dominate when it comes to CPs too, 

The one weakness they had was movement, and even this has been solved with their new teleport spell. I charged Teclis with Glutos and got a double activation off using the Keeper, putting 10 wounds on him (I didn't roll great). Next turn he teleports out and kills Glutos with shooting. Teclis lives to fight another day and there's nothing I can do about it. 

TL;DR: super frustrating army to play against and I'm not really sure how to go about countering them since they have an answer for just about everything. 

• Sad 2