AoS 2 - Hedonites of Slaanesh Discussion

HERO

What would be fun is you let your opponent pick 1 of the random 6 dice and they can use it anywhere in their army, but you also get to pick 1 dice to use anywhere in their army as the cost, you cant adjust a dice if they adjusted it first (say they use 6 for a charge you cant over ride), the deal is they get 1 garuntee in their army so do. They can purchase more dice from you across whole game from the pile but the cost is you getting one

Edited by MothmanDraws

Another rumor (salt, salt!!):
Painbringers with 3 wounds. There is another dude (not from the same rumor) that said that they are strong as "Paladins" (don't know what it means).

I'm not an Slaanesh player, so I don't know anything about paladins, but I always had a soft spot for Slaanesh (my secon Horus Heresy army is the 3d Legion).

Edited by Beliman
  • Like 1

The temptation dice thing is, as I understand it, dice that you generate that you can offer to your opponent for use in certain rolls - i.e. they fail a charge, you can offer them a replacement die so they succeed, with the caveat that if they take it you generate depravity points and if they refuse the unit in question suffers D3 mortal wounds. Where it's going to be really cheeky is using it on units where that roll is not going to make a difference but the unit doesn't want to cop the mortals, i.e. a wizard with 1-3 wounds left that fails an unimportant spell, you give them the offer and they have to weigh up giving you summoning points or potentially killing the wizard all over just getting off, say, an Arcane Bolt. If the rule works as I think it does, and depending on how impactful the depravity points are - if summoning is as slowed as I think it is, and there's an expanded chart from the White Dwarf that covers bonuses for saving them up - this could make Slaanesh a real tactical challenge for opponents on a micro level as, currently, there's little reason not to roll things 'just because' in the game and this mechanic would add a lot of risk back into it; for reference, you'll see players attempt to roll 11"+ charges not on the belief they will make it but just seeing if they can, or running when it's not so necessary just because there's usually no downside to doing so. This rule might really force opponents to stop and think about what and when they will do rolls, which is a form of mind-game I don't think this game has really had before (outside of spell steal stuff.)

Oh, and I absolutely believe the 3-wound Myrmidesh rumor. Though they might only be on 32mms, being a 5-man unit as opposed to a 10-man unit means they are capped at 15 models at max squad size whereas Chaos Warriors (their current equivalent) are capped at 30. In that regard, it makes a lot of sense that they would now be Chosen equivalents instead. The temptation dice are confirmed, both from what I've heard and given multiple different people attested to their existence in that discord chat. One of those people also mentioned Slaanesh are a "very good" book with a high skill floor and ceiling, and another mentioned that Keepers apparently are well worth their points. This all points to what most of us were hoping for; an army with stronger warscrolls and allegiance rules with the offset of slowed summoning, transitioning more into a technical-style army that fills the glass cannon archetype. 

Edited by Jaskier
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Beliman said:

Painbringers with 3 wounds. There is another dude (not from t

5 minutes ago, Jaskier said:

The temptation dice thing is, as I understand it, dice that you generate that you can offer to your opponent for use in certain rolls - i.e. they fail a charge, you can offer them a replacement die so they succeed, with the caveat that if they take it you generate depravity points and if they refuse the unit in question suffers D3 mortal wounds. Where it's going to be really cheeky is using it on units where that roll is not going to make a difference but the unit doesn't want to cop the mortals, i.e. a wizard with 1-3 wounds left that fails an unimportant spell, you give them the offer and they have to weigh up giving you summoning points or potentially killing the wizard all over just getting off, say, an Arcane Bolt. If the rule works as I think it does, and depending on how impactful the depravity points are - if summoning is as slowed as I think it is, and there's an expanded chart from the White Dwarf that covers bonuses for saving them up - this could make Slaanesh a real tactical challenge for opponents on a micro level as, currently, there's little reason not to roll things 'just because' in the game and this mechanic would add a lot of risk back into it; for reference, you'll see players attempt to roll 11"+ charges not on the belief they will make it but just seeing if they can, or running when it's not so necessary just because there's usually no downside to doing so. This rule might really force opponents to stop and think about what and when they will do rolls, which is a form of mind-game I don't think this game has really had before (outside of spell steal stuff.)

Oh, and I absolutely believe the 3-wound Myrmidesh rumor. Though they might only be on 32mms, being a 5-man unit as opposed to a 10-man unit means they are capped at 15 models at max squad size whereas Chaos Warriors (their current equivalent) are capped at 30. In that regard, it makes a lot of sense that they would now be Chosen equivalents instead. The temptation dice are confirmed, both from what I've heard and given multiple different people attested to their existence in that discord chat. One of those people also mentioned Slaanesh are a "very good" book with a high skill floor and ceiling, and another mentioned that Keepers apparently are well worth their points. This all points to what most of us were hoping for; an army with stronger warscrolls and allegiance rules with the offset of slowed summoning, transitioning more into a technical-style army that fills the glass cannon archetype. 

Oh man, this is not helping my anticipation ;)

So interestingly, in AoS coach's timestamps, there is no spell lore section. In all of his other videos, this section has its own spot. It also seems our traits and artifacts are still tied to subfaction... which I'm not particularly a fan of. 

2 hours ago, Carnith said:

So interestingly, in AoS coach's timestamps, there is no spell lore section. In all of his other videos, this section has its own spot. It also seems our traits and artifacts are still tied to subfaction... which I'm not particularly a fan of. 

I wonder if that means there is little to no change to spell lore.

21 minutes ago, zombiepiratexxx said:

I really hope this isn't peak Slaanesh in the leaks and previews, we all get super hyped for it only to get sucker punched when it actually releases and is just as bad as before! 

Expect the worst.. GW, while on a pretty good track record with 3.0 books, has fooled me one too many times for me to have high hopes 🙂

So looking at this, the opportunities to tempt a unit are Hero Phase Bonus activation, opponent shooting phase, unleash hell in your Charge phase, and either combat phase. Interesting. You could pretty easily punish a few key units pretty hard with these. 

Edited by Selpharia
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, KrispyXIV said:

I noticed you failed an irrelevant save roll vs my archers.  Would you like to pass it instead and give me d6 depravity?  Or maybe take d3 mortals instead of one wound?

Amazing. 

No one said our deals are fair

I wonder if one of our named characters will interact, if we had nkari i feel they would be interesting with a unique temptation offer like full re rolls but deal is upped to d3+3 or 12 dp

• Like 1

That'll be the real trick with Temptation dice. Save this unit from death or possibly give me enough points to trigger the next Depravity bonus/summon a juicy unit to reinforce me. It's a shame that Euphoric Killers is gone to single unit only, but the fact that we can (if we get better rend) wipe a unit out and still generate that depravity is a real bonus. 

New rules look pretty damn great, and it's nice to see we get buffs for holding onto DPs. Seems like we've lost exploding 6s across the army (which makes Sigvald cry), but if we've got better DP, better bonuses from DPs and more options to generate DPs, that may not be too bad. 

Exploding 6s usually equate to approximately a +1 to hit. Given how easy those are to acquire these days, and the likelihood that there are other ways of getting a similar bonus available to the army, I don’t think most of our units will miss old Euphoric Killers

16 minutes ago, zombiepiratexxx said:

That'll be the real trick with Temptation dice. Save this unit from death or possibly give me enough points to trigger the next Depravity bonus/summon a juicy unit to reinforce me. It's a shame that Euphoric Killers is gone to single unit only, but the fact that we can (if we get better rend) wipe a unit out and still generate that depravity is a real bonus. 

New Euphoric killers gives a real role to stuff like Seekers (assuming material similarity to current), who can pick on something nice and squishy turn 1 for more DP. 

6 minutes ago, Selpharia said:

Exploding 6s usually equate to approximately a +1 to hit. Given how easy those are to acquire these days, and the likelihood that there are other ways of getting a similar bonus available to the army, I don’t think most of our units will miss old Euphoric Killers

But it was, in effect, a flat +1 to hit across the whole army (in melee). It remains to be seen if the new allegiance abilities make up for that. 

On another note, with -1 to hit being our allegiance ability at 12+ DPs, I think we can expect changes to Glutos' ability, since he gave -1 to hit in a 12" bubble.

The temptation tricks are great, it basically adds a free D3 mortals to your incidental Blissbarb shooting or your opponent can give you D6 DP...which give us incredibly strong passive abilities now. These are way stronger than the White Dwarf ones, and the costs being higher makes sense when you read Euphoric Killers. Seriously, those common 20-wound chaff units like doggos and Clanrats are going to be food for our speedsters. 

• Like 1

really cool mechanic from flavour perspective and great to see them change depravity generation as was quite counteracting what u generally want to do in game (ie kill units fully...)

however given how strong these bonuses are I do wonder if this basically doesn't just default to dishing out an extra d3 mw to units in combat per phase (unless if u are already at 36)... not bad in that but the mind game seems to me in 90% cases that the correct choice of opponent is to just accept the dmg.. what are ppls thoughts on that?