AoS 2 - Hedonites of Slaanesh Discussion

HERO

2 hours ago, Rock Lobster said:

It will be interesting to see what happens with the GHB points costs, there may be good options after that. Slaves to darkness are currently very poor, the lowest win % in stats of any of the big factions with lots of kits, just 25%. So at the moment very overcosted for what they do.

Also there is good odds of eventually getting a slaves to darkness book, there could be some great stuff in there. Right now I would not commit to it unless I know where they stand or you will lose a lot of games compared to using beasts of chaos allies who are really solid.

Im not worried about all that. I would have liked to add some bullgors and maybe ingors in there as they fit my theme but with the current point costs it’s hard to fit everything in. So I’m doing mortals no matter what the ‘meta/rankings’ dictate. 😁

so the interesting thing for me at least, is to see if people have made some combinations work. Like the big block of marauders for only 200 pts with all 6’s exploding into 3 hits. Has anybody tried it yet? 

But like you said I’m not investing in 80 marauders if there might be new models Warcry quality around the corner 

Just looking to see if other people have found cool interactions I haven’t thought off yet. 

Edited by Kramer

56 minutes ago, Kramer said:

Im not worried about all that. I would have liked to add some bullgors and maybe ingors in there as they fit my theme but with the current point costs it’s hard to fit everything in. So I’m doing mortals no matter what the ‘meta/rankings’ dictate. 😁

so the interesting thing for me at least, is to see if people have made some combinations work. Like the big block of marauders for only 200 pts with all 6’s exploding into 3 hits. Has anybody tried it yet? 

But like you said I’m not investing in 80 marauders if there might be new models Warcry quality around the corner 

Just looking to see if other people have found cool interactions I haven’t thought off yet. 

If you take Sayl the faithless from forgeworld you get some very cool options for slaves to darkness allowing you to teleport a slaanesh marked character or unit across the board. That giant block of maurauders is more fun if teleported in a line in your opponents backfield. Or even just a chaos lord on daemonic steed or manticore with godseekers and cogs. Teleport, charge on a 6 with reroll and wreck shooting units that thought they were safe like warp lightning cannons and get drepravity a the same time. Or do it with a unit like a slaanesh marked chaos war mamoth or chaos warriors.

Slaanesh mortal spell that allows +1 to hit on a unit is great and the manticore sorcerer is good for receiving depravity from being hit so he is a good shout if you do care about effectiveness as well as having mortals.

Yes its no just points and performance to consider, it is nice to know your models arnt going to be superceded within a month of you painting up a load of old tosh.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rock Lobster said:

If you take Sayl the faithless from forgeworld you get some very cool options for slaves to darkness allowing you to teleport a slaanesh marked character or unit across the board. That giant block of maurauders is more fun if teleported in a line in your opponents backfield. Or even just a chaos lord on daemonic steed or manticore with godseekers and cogs. Teleport, charge on a 6 with reroll and wreck shooting units that thought they were safe like warp lightning cannons and get drepravity a the same time. Or do it with a unit like a slaanesh marked chaos war mamoth or chaos warriors.

Slaanesh mortal spell that allows +1 to hit on a unit is great and the manticore sorcerer is good for receiving depravity from being hit so he is a good shout if you do care about effectiveness as well as having mortals.

Yes its no just points and performance to consider, it is nice to know your models arnt going to be superceded within a month of you painting up a load of old tosh.

Ooh now we’re talking! Never thought of Saul! I look him up. Yeah the mammoth is on the wishlist. Just going to use a Mumak at some point. It’s a more slender and slaaneshi mammoth right ;) 

absolutely on the old models. Even if you think they are amazing... the moment a new version comes out it suddenly looks out dated. Thanks again!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kramer said:

Ooh now we’re talking! Never thought of Saul! I look him up. Yeah the mammoth is on the wishlist. Just going to use a Mumak at some point. It’s a more slender and slaaneshi mammoth right ;) 

absolutely on the old models. Even if you think they are amazing... the moment a new version comes out it suddenly looks out dated. Thanks again!

I think you could have some real fun with that. Not game breaking but an amusing surprise for opponents. You can even do funny things like teleport your wizard and throw our short ranged endless spells at close range when the enemy was not expecting the mirror to land turn 1. Or even silly things like those 80 point exalted champions, depravity efficient, can hide them to make it so you always get to summon or amusingly sayl can sit out of dispel range and throw 1 over the battlefield every turn like a giant catapult.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Kramer said:

In this Battle report slaanesh player ran mauraders

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, carnith said:

Anyone run balewind in their lists? Hysterical frenzy being wholly within 18” is kinda hard and having a 24” range would be amazing. 

Spellportal is going to be better for that I think, and more flexible.  The Vortex is going to limit the mobility of whatever you stick up there, the KoS can't use it, presumably you aren't going to want to stick a chariot up there, and you ideally want your epitome free to move around for the second Locus effect, which leaves the Viceleader as your 'best' Vortex option, which I don't know how valuable that would be necessarily.

I had an idea for a list, but I'm unsure if I should trade out the bladebringer for the seeker cavalcade and spellportals to make this a 2 drop list. What do people think? 

Keeper of Secrets (general)
- Skin taker 
- thermalrider cloak
- Sinistrous hand 
- Prodengy of Damnation

Keeper of Secrets (general)
- slothful stupour

Contorted Epitome (general)
- Rod of misrule

Shalaxi Hellbane
- song of secrets

Bladebringer 
- Lash of Slaanesh

Hellstriders 

Hellstriders 

Hellstriders 

Supreme Sybarites 

Chronomatic cogs 

Wheels of excruciation

So I've decided I'm going to build up a slaanesh list, trying to get the most out of the start collecting boxes here is a list I think will do okay, would love some feedback

Godseekers

Keeper of Secrets

-thrill-seeker

-thermalrider cloak

-sinistrous hand

-Song of Secrets

The contorted epitome 

-cameo of the dark Prince

-Phantasmagoria

Bladebringer on exalted chariot

-soulslice shards

Bladebringer on exalted chariot

-hysterical frenzy

Internal enraptress 

30 Daemonettes

-as much command as legal

5 hellstriders with clawspears

-full command with reroll charge banner

5 hellstriders with clawspears

-full command with reroll charge banner

10 seekers

-As much command as legal with both banners 

11 hours ago, adreal said:

Keeper of Secrets

-thrill-seeker

Why Thrill Seeker over Speed-Chaser? Run and charge is nice but retreat and charge with fly opens up a lot more tactical options. The rest of the list looks solid, I might try grabbing a 2nd unit of 20 Daemonettes by shifting around character options but that's a personal thing rather than a 'must have'. 

On 6/2/2019 at 5:15 AM, Enoby said:

I had an idea for a list, but I'm unsure if I should trade out the bladebringer for the seeker cavalcade and spellportals to make this a 2 drop list. What do people think? 

Love the list but I'd 100% make the change to pick up portals and the cavalcade. The Bladebringer is a pretty efficient summon and doesn't really need an artifact so spending to summon it in won't hurt its efficacy. Plus I think with as body light as you are you'll really want the first or 2nd choice so you can use what you've got to keep your Keepers safe for the first turn. 

• Thanks 1

Anyone else thinking of running Beast Battalion with lots of Ungors? On paper they seem great with solid damage output, excellent durability (per point) and surprisingly fast, especially with a shaman around.   Feels like they provide the bodies needed to protect our awesome heroes without costing the earth or slowing down your advance.  But I don't want to dam myself to weeks of painting them if they don't cut the mustard in live play.

Any thoughts or better yet experience with Ungor heavy Slaanesh?

I have a question re the mirror.

The text says the damage is triggered after any move by an enemy unit. Does 'move' just mean movement in the movement phase, or does it also include charges and pile-ins? (i.e. it could be triggered three times a turn!).

Seems overly powerful if so but i think the scope of what counts as a 'move' has been covered in FAQs somewhere, albeit this particular issue wasn't in the HoS FAQ.

1 hour ago, SwampHeart said:

Why Thrill Seeker over Speed-Chaser? Run and charge is nice but retreat and charge with fly opens up a lot more tactical options. The rest of the list looks solid, I might try grabbing a 2nd unit of 20 Daemonettes by shifting around character options but that's a personal thing rather than a 'must have'. 

I personally run Thrill Seeker so that I can get my Keeper into combat turn 1 as part of my Alpha Strike on deployments where both sides start 24 inches apart (and I'd drop Thrill Seeker for Speed-Chaser if I had Thermal Rider Cloak). But that's for a very specific type of list, I agree with you that on the vast majority of lists Speed-Chaser is basically strictly better.

1 hour ago, Magnus The Blue said:

Anyone else thinking of running Beast Battalion with lots of Ungors? On paper they seem great with solid damage output, excellent durability (per point) and surprisingly fast, especially with a shaman around.   Feels like they provide the bodies needed to protect our awesome heroes without costing the earth or slowing down your advance.  But I don't want to dam myself to weeks of painting them if they don't cut the mustard in live play.

Any thoughts or better yet experience with Ungor heavy Slaanesh?

40 Ungors are good at what they do, but for combat, they're okay. I mostly use mine for screening or killing enemy screens. Don't rely on them to do a ton of damage and battleshock ruins them, though. Use them to back up your Bestigors and Daemonettes, who will be the ones doing real work.

58 minutes ago, CB42 said:

40 Ungors are good at what they do, but for combat, they're okay. I mostly use mine for screening or killing enemy screens. Don't rely on them to do a ton of damage and battleshock ruins them, though.

I agree with this general assessment. They do generate a decent volume of attacks but they're low quality - good for cleaning out screening units, other chaff, etc. However if they touch something with even reasonable damage output you're going either have to spend a CP to stop them from evaporating to battle shock or just lose the rest of whatever is lest of the unit to battle shock. I will say they do fit in well with Ssyl'Esske builds though because you can keep them in the bubble and get good RoI for your CP usage. 

3 hours ago, Lord Slyght said:

I have a question re the mirror.

The text says the damage is triggered after any move by an enemy unit. Does 'move' just mean movement in the movement phase, or does it also include charges and pile-ins? (i.e. it could be triggered three times a turn!).

Seems overly powerful if so but i think the scope of what counts as a 'move' has been covered in FAQs somewhere, albeit this particular issue wasn't in the HoS FAQ.

The GH refers to all of those as “moves”,  where as the ordinary move is “normal move”. The warscroll reads as move, so I would guess it is any kind of movement. I havent actually played with the mirror yet (getting mine tomorrow!)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So I’m slowly building & painting a Hedonites army using my own colour scheme and schedule. So far it has been a slow process but I’m going to get this army finished, hopefully by the end of summer. So far I have two start collecting sets, the Slaanesh part of Rath & Rapture, some extra deamonettes and two very old metal fiends.

1 hour ago, Enoby said:

I think I agree with this. What do others think?

FB_IMG_1559648077109.jpg

It looks about right, but with so many layers there will always be a bit of discussion and shuffling. I do think that HoS might climb to that #1 layer but it requires a bit more finesse (as it should) to be equal to the top row. So it feels more like the 'how it's played' ranking than a 'potential/true strengh' ranking. 

15 minutes ago, Kramer said:

It looks about right, but with so many layers there will always be a bit of discussion and shuffling. I do think that HoS might climb to that #1 layer but it requires a bit more finesse (as it should) to be equal to the top row. So it feels more like the 'how it's played' ranking than a 'potential/true strengh' ranking. 

I think the amended list (

) is more accurate. I also think HoS is going to float around low A to S tier depending on how the meta moves (assuming 0 updates to points/scrolls/allegiances etc.); by virtue of countering DoK, FEC, IDK, Nurgle, and SCE, not to mention having reasonable counters that don't require you to go out of your way to build (Infernal Enrapturess, maybe summoned Fiends) to counter caster rosters (Skaven, LoN, Tzeentch) alongside the ridiculous number of spells HoS can throw out, HoS is going to be good in any meta.

That said, it's currently in AA tier because it's a good answer to the dominant DoK and FEC builds, has decent responses to Skaven and LoN, and steps on almost all of A tier. On the other hand, people have said that Fyreslayers are hard to beat as HoS (no experience with that, personally), we won't be top dog.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Rentar said:

I think the amended list (

) is more accurate. I also think HoS is going to float around low A to S tier depending on how the meta moves (assuming 0 updates to points/scrolls/allegiances etc.); by virtue of countering DoK, FEC, IDK, Nurgle, and SCE, not to mention having reasonable counters that don't require you to go out of your way to build (Infernal Enrapturess, maybe summoned Fiends) to counter caster rosters (Skaven, LoN, Tzeentch) alongside the ridiculous number of spells HoS can throw out, HoS is going to be good in any meta.

That said, it's currently in AA tier because it's a good answer to the dominant DoK and FEC builds, has decent responses to Skaven and LoN, and steps on almost all of A tier. On the other hand, people have said that Fyreslayers are hard to beat as HoS (no experience with that, personally), we won't be top dog.

Yeah I saw it. To be honest disagree with this one less 😅 

Since I’ve painted most of the new models, I’d like to  have some games from this week.

Here’s my list based on those given in this thread (thanks again!).

Godseekers

- Keeper of Secrets: thermalrider cloak, speed chaser, progeny of damnation

- Shalaxi Helbane: soulslice shards

- Bladebringer (exalted): cameo, phantasmagoria

- The Contorted Epitome: hysterical frenzy 

- Infernal Enrapturess 

- 30 daemonettes 

- 5 hellstriders

- 1 seeker chariot

- Chronomantic Cogs

- Wheels of Excruciation

- Fane of Slaanesh

2000/2000

I know this may not be the strongest list. In fact I tried not to duplicate the same unit as I wanna test as various models as possible, at least for the first few games.

I’m supposed to have games with Skaven, FEC, and Gutbusters. The problem is, as it’s been a long time since my last game, I forgot everything about the other factions. My plan is thus alpha-striking to whatever I encounter and then see what happens...

Anyway, any suggestions will be much appreciated. I’m still hesitating the usage of the wheels and battleline chariot (vs the second unit of nettes)

20 minutes ago, Dr.E said:

Since I’ve painted most of the new models, I’d like to  have some games from this week.

Here’s my list based on those given in this thread (thanks again!).

I know this may not be the strongest list. In fact I tried not to duplicate the same unit as I wanna test as various models as possible, at least for the first few games.

I’m supposed to have games with Skaven, FEC, and Gutbusters. The problem is, as it’s been a long time since my last game, I forgot everything about the other factions. My plan is thus alpha-striking to whatever I encounter and then see what happens...

Anyway, any suggestions will be much appreciated. I’m still hesitating the usage of the wheels and battleline chariot (vs the second unit of nettes)

Skaven can be many many type of lists so it’s tricky to advice on that one. But general tip would be take out the leaders before you go for the rest. Also warp lightning cannons are deadly as are rattling guns near a warplock engineers. Everything with warpfire in the name will mess big units up including the weapons on the stormfiends (the elite rat ogors) and thanquol if he brings that. 

Gutbusters is played in mostly similar ways (especially if he frequents this forum). Look out if he has a Tyrant with gutgouger. That has a fun interaction with some traits etc for massive damage output if he gets lucky with his/her rolls. But I wouldn’t worry to much about that set up. It’s all multi wound models (unless he also brings grots) but keep track of who he bullies into no battleshock. Usually on a big 12 man ogor squad. Requires quite a bit to remove but it’s also 36 DP sooo there’s that ;) also general guideline the bigger the ogor club the more damage they do so start there :) 

dont play FEC myself so can’t advise on that one. 

• Thanks 1