Tyrion, in light reborn!

11 hours ago, Koradrel of Chrace said:

I'm curious, what do you think Teclis will be able to do?  Something similar to Nagash as far as spell output, as he is the God of Magic?

Dominate the Magic phase I guess

When I say dominate, I mean D O M I N A T E

Nagash is cheating through his filthy books, I will give him that

Edited by Whitefang
  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 3

On 1/16/2020 at 4:05 AM, Acid_Nine said:

Honestly the "need another book" in X faction can be used for everyone. Did nagash need to have another skeleton army? did Chaos need more mortals? does order really need a new seraphon book?

Yeah-nah, Death & Destruction are lagging behind, Order is way too top heavy and I kinda wish they were split in half some how (ie: nature/technology or something). 

Edited by Morglum Ironhide

11 hours ago, Morglum Ironhide said:

Yeah-nah, Death & Destruction are lagging behind, Order is way too top heavy and I kinda wish they were split in half some how (ie: nature/technology or something). 

I guess we have to agree to disagree then. While I think destruction could use some more guys, I really think that the stories that GW laid down need to be picked up and played with sooner rather than later in the ways they where laid out, even if it means giving order more stuff.

Edited by Acid_Nine

12 hours ago, Morglum Ironhide said:

They made a big deal about how much strain the Order Alliance was under when they first released Soul Wars.

Doesn't necessarily mean anything will come of it, but there's certainly potential there.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, EccentricCircle said:

He must have a very strong neck, or fall over if he tries to shake his head. I guess being a god makes you immune to such petty trivialities as gravity, and the centre thereof.

well considering he is looking like he is flying... yea gravity seems pretty trivial!

Look, after having the elven equivalent of polio and needing a magic staff to keep you upright and out of a wheelchair, wouldn't you show off how strong you are too when you have the body of a literal god?

• Like 2

Just now, Acid_Nine said:

well considering he is looking like he is flying... yea gravity seems pretty trivial!

Look, after having the elven equivalent of polio and needing a magic staff to keep you upright and out of a wheelchair, wouldn't you show off how strong you are too when you have the body of a literal god?

True, its quite the improvement!

16 hours ago, Whitefang said:

Dominate the Magic phase I guess

When I say dominate, I mean D O M I N A T E

Realistically, all of those mirrors hanging off him I could see as spell reflectors or re-casters.

No matter what his buffs are, if he has any less than 4 casts per phase we riot.

Well, from the Daughters of khaine, Idoneth and Slaanesh Books, we know that Morathi, Malerion, Tyrion and Teclis each get a share of the aelf souls to remake as they see fit.

Focusing on the latter pair, it seems likely to me that while Teclis' first batch of Aelves became Idoneth, the rest of his "share" are becoming the pointy aelves being previewed. 

I feel like Tyrion will not be in this faction at all, save for a few mentions, and he will get his own faction of aelves down the road.

Honestly It seems like Teclis' faction will be a straight up re-imagining of old world High elves, while Tyrion when his time comes will get the "angelic Aelves" that were alluded to in older material. As I just don't see pointy aelves and angelic aelves combined into the same faction.

• Like 1

Yet it was mentioned in hedonites book they rule together, just like sun and moon. Tyrion may pay more attention on martial part of the society, for example, armies and strategies to defend daemon intrusion.

So there may be various sub factions but I think they are still in the same race.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 3

1 hour ago, Turin Turambar said:

i find his oversized cheak plates a little funny, as in i am almost sure 1 of GW's designers is obsessed with limited head rotation/field of view.

that said i really like where this is seemingly going

Literally had the same thought, it's like someone wants mutton-chops to be part of every helmet. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Whitefang said:

Yet it was mentioned in hedonites book they rule together, just like sun and moon. Tyrion may pay more attention on martial part of the society, for example, armies and strategies to defend daemon intrusion.

So there may be various sub factions but I think they are still in the same race.

Moon Elves sounds about right. An aspect of light, seen with arcane power and mystery in both AoS and our world, the possibilities of curses like werewolves being involved... Sounds dang awesome now that I think about it. Wonder what the gloom spite gits think!

12 hours ago, Athrawes said:

Well, from the Daughters of khaine, Idoneth and Slaanesh Books, we know that Morathi, Malerion, Tyrion and Teclis each get a share of the aelf souls to remake as they see fit.

Focusing on the latter pair, it seems likely to me that while Teclis' first batch of Aelves became Idoneth, the rest of his "share" are becoming the pointy aelves being previewed. 

I feel like Tyrion will not be in this faction at all, save for a few mentions, and he will get his own faction of aelves down the road.

Honestly It seems like Teclis' faction will be a straight up re-imagining of old world High elves, while Tyrion when his time comes will get the "angelic Aelves" that were alluded to in older material. As I just don't see pointy aelves and angelic aelves combined into the same faction.

I think it is possible to have 2+ different types of light aelves in this faction. Aelven 'chambers' so to speak.

this line: "Did any of his aelven races aside from the Idoneth survive?" from the article, implies that Teclis made more than 2 races of aelves with his batch of souls. I wouldn't be suprised if they end up doing multiple 'chambers' for this faction each with a different race of aelves made either by Teclis or Tyrion.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

I don't necessarily regret buying into SCE for AOS, but I have always regretted not going High Elves in WHFB... so I'm so pumped to see high fantasy high elves

Same. I have about 1300 points of SCE but I haven't put them on table in ages. I've started CoS not so long ago, so I hope there will be a way to get the Phoenix Guard or Sisters of the Watch into the army.

• Like 1