AoS 2 - Gloomspite Gitz Discussion

S133arcanite

I'm just starting on my 2nd Dankhold Troggoth to make a unit of two.  Theoretically, you can have a unit of three but since they aren't Battleline this seems no longer possible.  Is there any errata or rule change that I've missed that does allow for a three-Trogg unit?  I don't hold out much hope, but thought I'd ask anyway, thanks.

13 hours ago, Aelfric said:

I'm just starting on my 2nd Dankhold Troggoth to make a unit of two.  Theoretically, you can have a unit of three but since they aren't Battleline this seems no longer possible.  Is there any errata or rule change that I've missed that does allow for a three-Trogg unit?  I don't hold out much hope, but thought I'd ask anyway, thanks.

no 2 is the maximum right now.

1 hour ago, peasant said:

Hi Im tempted of start AN army just being 2 holiday boxes + fungoid. Do you think It could work or us utterly trash?? I have zero experience with gloomspite but inlove the models

Thanks

It could work, you'd need to build one box of hoppers as hoppers to hit 3 battleline. it would end up something like this:

Allegiance: Gloomspite Gitz
- Grand Strategy:
- Triumphs:

Leaders
Loonboss on Mangler Squigs (270)
- General
Loonboss on Giant Cave Squig (110)
- Moon-cutta
Loonboss on Giant Cave Squig (110)
- Moon-cutta
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (95)

Battleline
12 x Squig Herd (140)
12 x Squig Herd (140)
10 x Squig Hoppers (180)

Units
5 x Boingrot Bounderz (105)
5 x Boingrot Bounderz (105)

Behemoths
Mangler Squigs (250)
Mangler Squigs (250)
Mangler Squigs (250)

Total: 2005 / 2000
Reinforced Units: 0 / 4
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 152
Drops: 12

which is just above 2k. You'd probably drop the second loonboss on cave squig, and fill the remaining points with endless spells, upgrading some of the manglers to loonbosses, adding some snufflers &/or adding another shaman.

It should work fine as far as gitz lists go, but I think the meta around squigs now is more spamming bounderz/herds. 

• Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Oh they should definitely revive the pump wagon and doomdivers!  If the 2nd hand Rockguts and Dankhold Boss are still at my FLGS on Monday, I think I'll pick them up.  But with news of the Gitz tome, I fear they may have sold this weekend already 😛

New wolves look pretty slick.  I know I like all the Troggs for brute force and they'll probably at worst stay how they are, but I expect them to get more help from heroes/auras or something too.  And we know to get the Gitz up to the 50% win rate they'll be getting some buffs!?!?

• Like 1

I'm looking forward to seeing what they've done for sub-factions and how the Bad Moon works.  Given that Troggs with 5 wounds or less can be brought back, I'm sort of expecting some Troggs to actually have 5 wounds, which would be nice.  Really, all I hope is that there will be a variety of playable styles so I can use more of my models and have fun with them.

• Like 4

@Gitzdee

No, remorse, no prisoners, no mercy!!

Im not entirely sure that second RE pic is gloomspite. It could be FEC...

@Aelfric

5 wounds would be awesome on troggs indeed!

I was having a peek at Rippas Snarlfang warscroll and overall the damage wasn't too impressive. Im hoping they get a boost to the main kit. 

And they've got to get some kind of hero model, right? How else will they be battline? If anything at all I'd wager either a  chariot or artillery piece will be their only other new release. 

Will Gitmob get its own sub-faction even?

Damn, those models are juicy!🤤 Im already planning how to sculpt some armor onto rockguts to make them more cohesive. Imo the snarlfangs already look grest running next to ironjawz as allies. 

While you're at it, Geedubs, please update the fellwater kits. 😁

Edited by Vasshpit
  • Like 3

Something like the old marks of chaos could work for the moon.

Each one could get a passive ability until the moon leaves the board entirely. (I.e squigs can run and charge) then an empowered effect while directly under the moon (i.e squigs can charge 3d6). Then each subfaction, or the army as a whole, could get a few abilities that are always on.(i.e reinforced units get bigger weapon reach).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vasshpit said:

@Gitzdee

No, remorse, no prisoners, no mercy!!

Im not entirely sure that second RE pic is gloomspite. It could be FEC...

@Aelfric

5 wounds would be awesome on troggs indeed!

I was having a peek at Rippas Snarlfang warscroll and overall the damage wasn't too impressive. Im hoping they get a boost to the main kit. 

And they've got to get some kind of hero model, right? How else will they be battline? If anything at all I'd wager either a  chariot or artillery piece will be their only other new release. 

Will Gitmob get its own sub-faction even?

Damn, those models are juicy!🤤 Im already planning how to sculpt some armor onto rockguts to make them more cohesive. Imo the snarlfangs already look grest running next to ironjawz as allies. 

While you're at it, Geedubs, please update the fellwater kits. 😁

Ooooh I cant decide if Id rather Armoured Troggoths or updated Fellwater!! 

Though I agree and think that Snarlfang Riders are going to get a Hero model announced on the New Years stream.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

@KingBrodd

So many troggs, so little design time!! Heh. 

Think you're right. Think it'll be a more warrior focused character to compliment Skraggrotts magic theme. 

Hope its not Grom. New setting, new heros please.

Exactly. AOS needs to establish itself a setting and needs it own unique characters!!

Troggoth unit champions would be nice for using Command Abilities.  For the Bad Moon, I'm hoping there's a little more consistancy; I don't mind a little bit of randomness - perhaps a roll to see how much of the battlefield is influenced or a Big Waaagh version of influencing the Moon.  Just so long as it's not overly complicated.  Sweet and simple.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

@KingBrodd

So many troggs, so little design time!! Heh. 

Think you're right. Think it'll be a more warrior focused character to compliment Skraggrotts magic theme. 

Hope its not Grom. New setting, new heros please.

I would like Throgg to come back to lead the Troggoths within the Gitz tome. But i dont think that will ever happen. 

Altough i also didnt think Gitmob would happen. But i guess that having the right amount of hopium makes things happen.

• LOVE IT! 1

33 minutes ago, Gitzdee said:

I would like Throgg to come back to lead the Troggoths within the Gitz tome. But i dont think that will ever happen. 

Altough i also didnt think Gitmob would happen. But i guess that having the right amount of hopium makes things happen.

I retract my statement and want Throgg back. Cleansed of Chaos in the fires of the World That Was and retaining his intelligence leads the Trogg Herd that will drown the Realms in darkness.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Aelfric said:

Troggoth unit champions would be nice for using Command Abilities.  For the Bad Moon, I'm hoping there's a little more consistancy; I don't mind a little bit of randomness - perhaps a roll to see how much of the battlefield is influenced or a Big Waaagh version of influencing the Moon.  Just so long as it's not overly complicated.  Sweet and simple.

What could be cute is if trolls still don't get elite or a champion, but get the bonus and count as having recieved a random command each turn for free.

They're too dumb to be leaders, but they still try to follow orders on their own schedule.

• Like 2

On 11/20/2022 at 12:56 AM, Lord Krungharr said:

Oh they should definitely revive the pump wagon and doomdivers!  If the 2nd hand Rockguts and Dankhold Boss are still at my FLGS on Monday, I think I'll pick them up.  But with news of the Gitz tome, I fear they may have sold this weekend already 😛

New wolves look pretty slick.  I know I like all the Troggs for brute force and they'll probably at worst stay how they are, but I expect them to get more help from heroes/auras or something too.  And we know to get the Gitz up to the 50% win rate they'll be getting some buffs!?!?

For pump wagons, the Snotling Blood Bowl team is brilliant and has two of them.

I don't even see it as a Blood Bowl team per sé, just a designer making characterful snotlings and BB was the only logical place to put them.

• LOVE IT! 1

There is an old AoS warscroll for the pump wagon if u want to use them in casual games.

Its in the Grand Alliance Destruction book.

70 points

4 Wounds
2D6 Move
6+save
10 bravery

MISSILE WEAPONS Range Attacks To Hit To Wound Rend Damage
Explodin’ Spores 6" 4 5+ 5+ -1 1
MELEE WEAPONS Range Attacks To Hit To Wound Rend Damage
Pokin’ Sticks 1" 5 5+ 6+ - 1
Ram Spikes 1" 2D6 5+ 4+ -1 1

Pump Harder, Ladz: If you roll a double when determing this unit’s Move characteristic in your movement phase, this unit is pumped up until the end of your turn. You can re-roll charge rolls for pumped-up units, and you can add 1 to hit rolls for attacks made with Ram Spikes by pumped-up units.

They seem really fun actually XD, might have to find some on 2nd hand market.

Edited by Gitzdee