Wrath and Rapture

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/14/2018 at 1:45 AM, Enoby said:

Screenshot_20181211-102142_Chrome.jpg.de9e50fcffc191fe0e4d07fc9e9ade0d.jpg

Oooff. I just paid for mine today in kiwibucks... $314. The exchange rate put it at 175 + postage, which should've still been under 200... 😒

Not a mistake I will make again. Ebay and third party all the way from now on!

Still, I'm looking forward to next weekend. 😁

Are there any point changes to the fiends? Though they received significant buffs, I remember how beast of nurgle also received big buffs, but they also received big point cost increases, making the buff worthless. I'm just wondering whether or not they do same mistake here for fiends.

37 minutes ago, angrycontra said:

Are there any point changes to the fiends? Though they received significant buffs, I remember how beast of nurgle also received big buffs, but they also received big point cost increases, making the buff worthless. I'm just wondering whether or not they do same mistake here for fiends.

I think so, but not a huge points increase. On the stream they said that they struggled to balance them and they were wildly overpowered at their original points. That said,  unless daemonettes and seekers get a significant decrease (which they shouldn't, really), we know the set comes up to 520 points for Slaanesh; the daemonettes and fiends leave 300 points left over, and I doubt the IE will be less than 120 points.

36 minutes ago, robinlvalentine said:

I more and more think it's a case of GW not wanting something that 'adult' being on prominent display during the Christmas shopping period 

They did show the quadrubreast fiends, which are very adult (at least for society). 

If they don't want something adult why the heck is it big on the back of the box (where may more people shipping for Christmas will see it) and what about those fiends - they have ROWS of exposed ******! And what about the Bloodwrack she's got an exposed breast and what about Flayed ones - they are covered in bits of people and what about nurgle - most of that army is dribbling bits of themselves!! 

I think its more likely someone in the office stepped on the mini on photography day and they've not got another replacement yet. Or its a joke or marketing stunt to make us all chat about it way more than "Oh neat box now what's next!" 

2 minutes ago, Tonhel said:

Does anybody have an idea how long this set will be available. It's a must have, but december is already a cruel month for my wallet. 😮 

It will likely last a few months. Forgebane was out around midyear last year and they've only just now released the Necron model from it for individual sale and Foregebane is still on sale. 

After several days of euphoria, a little bit of Christmas pragmatism has settled in and tempered my excitement for this box-set.

It really ain’t that good compared to previous box sets.

Blightwar contained two armies of 600ish points each, same with the Khorne vs Sigmar set. And don’t get me started with Soul Wars! 52 minis, and the core book in hardback!!

Compared to these, (each side is under 500 points) and that really we’ve got only four new models (albeit two amazing ones) this set feels more and more ‘meh’ for what is the same princely price of the former sets. It ain’t much of a deal.

You gotta love GWs marketing department tho for stoking enthusiasm. If only more of that had gone into the contents with less compromises made to accomadate 40k. I’d have preferred a Slaanesh vs Tzeentch box (Khorne have had their versus) or Aelves vs Slaanesh to move the seeking plot along, maybe get a battletome out of them both instead of a core book.

No joy there.

This set has been relegated to only necessary if I’ve got a hundred quid in change somewhere, (not gonna happen any time soon) so maybe I’ll wait for next years versus boxset instead or cherry pick the models I want from eBay!

1 minute ago, Mcthew said:

After several days of euphoria, a little bit of Christmas pragmatism has settled in and tempered my excitement for this box-set.

Blightwar contained two armies of 600ish points each, same with the Khorne vs Sigmar set. And don’t get me started with Soul Wars! 52 minis, and the core book in hardback!!

Compared to these, (each side is under 500 points) and that really we’ve got only four new models (albeit two amazing ones) this set feels more and more ‘meh’ for what is the same princely price of the former sets. It ain’t much of deal.

You gotta love GWs marketing department tho for stoking enthusiasm. If only more of that had gone into the contents with less compromises made to accomadate 40k. I’d have preferred a Slaanesh vs Tzeentch box (Khorne have had their versus) or Aelves vs Slaanesh to move the seeking plot alone, maybe get a battletome out of them both instead of a core book.

No joy there.

This set has been relegated to only necessary if I’ve got a hundred quid in change somewhere, (not gonna happen any time soon) so maybe I’ll wait for next years versus boxset instead or cherry pick the models I want from eBay!

Compared to other boxes it may not be as good,  but it’s still amazing value. It would cost the box set price (from a discounter) just to pick up the equivalent finecast hounds and fiends, and the new models blow them out of the water.

I don’t play 40K but a dual use box set is also a great idea and helps increase the value in the points.

My guess is also the Enrapturess is too much for your average teen - not that teens play miniature wargames that much.

About the box price, I too agree it should be ~20€ cheaper for what it contains. Considering the set can be used in both of their "big" games, GW could have easily priced it more aggressively as the volume surely would be there.

1 hour ago, Mcthew said:

Compared to these, (each side is under 500 points) and that really we’ve got only four new models (albeit two amazing ones) this set feels more and more ‘meh’ for what is the same princely price of the former sets. It ain’t much of a deal.

You gotta love GWs marketing department tho for stoking enthusiasm. If only more of that had gone into the contents with less compromises made to accomadate 40k. I’d have preferred a Slaanesh vs Tzeentch box (Khorne have had their versus) or Aelves vs Slaanesh to move the seeking plot along, maybe get a battletome out of them both instead of a core book.

No joy there.

I'm going to take a guess and say it's this expensive because it has 4 new kits, whereas things like Blightwar only had two (and both were named heroes). But even then, you still save £96 (assuming Karanak is £25, the IE is £25, the Fleshhounds are £25, and the fiends are £30 - this is the cheapest I think they'll be).

Archived