AoS 2 - Dispossessed Discussion

Chris Tomlin

13 hours ago, Verminlord said:

I ordered a cannon recently and was surprised to find round bases in the box and casted in the darker  (better) plastic. Idk how long they've been casting this old set in the new plastic but I'm fairly sure hasn't had round bases included yet. Included the old instructions and white mail order box.

That bodes well for the cannon surviving into the Cities of Sigmar, if that was in any doubt!

I just hope our warscrolls get a proper update in Cities of Sigmar. Whatever the warscrolls are in this book will be a precedent for years to come, if they did release a dispossessed book in the next year then the warscrolls would likely be the same as Cities of Sigmar. So I really really hope it's a proper warscroll update.

On 7/29/2019 at 10:37 PM, Verminlord said:

I ordered a cannon recently and was surprised to find round bases in the box and casted in the darker  (better) plastic. Idk how long they've been casting this old set in the new plastic but I'm fairly sure hasn't had round bases included yet. Included the old instructions and white mail order box.

Out of interest, what size/shape base was the Cannon supplied with? I find they look a bit daft on the 90x52mm ovals recommended by the official basing chart, and are a lot better suited to 60mm rounds, and am hoping they get changed in the new book. :) 

10 hours ago, Double Misfire said:

Out of interest, what size/shape base was the Cannon supplied with? I find they look a bit daft on the 90x52mm ovals recommended by the official basing chart, and are a lot better suited to 60mm rounds, and am hoping they get changed in the new book. :) 

no base was supplied for the cannon, just 25mm rounds for the crew

• Thanks 2

On 7/31/2019 at 1:09 PM, Zadolix said:

I just hope our warscrolls get a proper update in Cities of Sigmar. Whatever the warscrolls are in this book will be a precedent for years to come, if they did release a dispossessed book in the next year then the warscrolls would likely be the same as Cities of Sigmar. So I really really hope it's a proper warscroll update.

I havent hopes of see any big changue.

I would be surprised if they do more than only remove the option of equip shield and two hand weapons together.

I hope be wrong and we get a proper  update\buff but seeing how gw have dealt with dispossesed in aos.....

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Thalassic Monstrosity said:

wow.... thats like all the free cities inhabitants.

I´m hoping we´re getting new kits for thunderers / quarrelers and warriors, but maybe they aim to reduce the duardin part to Ironbreakers / Irondrakes and Hammerers / Longbeards. Which gets me thinking if an all-duardin force is even possible...

Edit:

Cannon / organ gun kit also. They must bring new models then, no way they´re squatting those.

Edited by Max Baumann

1 hour ago, Max Baumann said:

I´m hoping we´re getting new kits for thunderers / quarrelers and warriors, but maybe they aim to reduce the duardin part to Ironbreakers / Irondrakes and Hammerers / Longbeards. Which gets me thinking if an all-duardin force is even possible... 

I think that thunderers / quarrelers can be just deleted, probably like Freeguild Archers. But I really hope that Warriors and Glade Guards will just be improved in a way Goblin Fanatics were. Quality improvement would be nice so that they are not so static. I cannot imagine Cities of Sigmar with no artillery or Freeguild Captain. Are there any dates we can get some info about what is happening to them?

Great. Just great. So I guess the 20 warriors, 20 thunderers, 2 Cannons and Unforged that I painted up earlier this year was absolutely pointless. Not to mention the other 20 warriors I was looking to paint up. I'll be putting my dispossessed up for sale soon on the trade section after I get pics. 

Way to go GW, you just expunged a player from your player base by neutering over half his army. 

Just now, Zadolix said:

Great. Just great. So I guess the 20 warriors, 20 thunderers, 2 Cannons and Unforged that I painted up earlier this year was absolutely pointless. Not to mention the other 20 warriors I was looking to paint up. I'll be putting my dispossessed up for sale soon on the trade section after I get pics. 

Way to go GW, you just expunged a player from your player base by neutering over half his army. 

I just bought half of Skull Pass and now that purchase is invalid. 

Lets be patient and wait for an announcement.

Could be all sort of things, reboxing, rebranding....what if all the units get renamed? The cannon and organ kit resculpted?

Be patients my beardling ;)

(The cannon is mentioned in the merc comp GHB guys. And ghb allegiance and points are valid till the next one)

6 hours ago, Cataphract said:

Or you can wait to see what Cities has to offer. Or you can proxy them as Free Guard and Handgunners.

Yeah sure I'll just go proxy my dwarf army that I lovingly painted as a human army instead, are you for real? 

2 hours ago, Furuzzolo said:

Lets be patient and wait for an announcement.

Could be all sort of things, reboxing, rebranding....what if all the units get renamed? The cannon and organ kit resculpted?

Be patients my beardling ;)

(The cannon is mentioned in the merc comp GHB guys. And ghb allegiance and points are valid till the next one)

It's last chance to buy on GWs website. They aren't coming back. 

This is the final kick in the balls for me as a dispossessed player, I'm selling up and investing the funds into my Gloomspite gitz instead. 

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

9 minutes ago, Zadolix said:

Yeah sure I'll just go proxy my dwarf army that I lovingly painted as a human army instead, are you for real? 

This is the final kick in the balls for me as a dispossessed player, I'm selling up and investing the funds into my Gloomspite gitz instead. 

Take a look at the allegiance abilities and battalion in CoS first.  I understand the frustration but do not be hasty 😉

13 minutes ago, Furuzzolo said:

Take a look at the allegiance abilities and battalion in CoS first.  I understand the frustration but do not be hasty 😉

Over half of my army is discontinued and not in the book, they won't be in the battalions because they are not in CoS. 

Screenshot_20190803-104724.png

17 minutes ago, Zadolix said:

Freeguild got every sane choice of general deleted, and the only option now is a resin greatsworder that looks as if he needs to go to the toilet.

Proxying might be the only option for now, but this is a kick in the nuts.

Possible Dwarven options with Freeguild rules:

• 40 warriors (sword-shield guard) 280 pts
  • 30 quarrelers (crossbowmen) 300 pts
  • 30 hammerers and/or longbeards (greatsworders) 300 pts
  • Warden king (general with war banner, as long as the war banner remains on the warscroll) Flag of the Conquerers and indomitable 100

That's a 980 point list, bravery shouldn't be bad, and indomitable helps keep a bit of the armoured feel.

For 2000, 

• 30 hammerers and/or longbeards (greatsworders) 300 pts or another stack of crossbowmen
  • Warden king (general with war banner, as long as the war banner remains on the warscroll) Flag of the Conquerers and indomitable 100
  • 30 hammerers and/or longbeards (greatsworders) 300 pts or another stack of crossbowmen
  • Runelord as Knight Incantor standin or get another Warden king/general and an Ironbreaker as proxy for the Witch hunter (for as long as that will last)

That's not good, but it's the best I can find for you.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cataphract said:

Or you can wait to see what Cities has to offer. Or you can proxy them as Free Guard and Handgunners.

I would say go bang a tree, but you'll probably find it offensive and mods too...

Back on subject, when they announced the CoS battletome, I had the feeling something like that might happen. But by Grungni dongliz, not that much !

3/4 of my army and synergies with Ironweld and Freeguild, POF, gone !

As you said @Furuzzolo, wait a little bit, see if something new might be announced, but hell, it's getting grim for us everyday by.

In the meantime, I'll make my own Dispossessed Battletome, with everything we love in it (Blackjack and Hookers)...

And GW, be careful... My book is ready.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dammaz said:

And GW, be careful... My book is ready. 

Book of Grudges I suppose? I still hope that they are just going to be renamed and redesigned so instead of Dispossessed Warriors we will have Bearded Aledrinkers or Dammaz Kroners, instead of Cannon there will be Ironfury Bearded Bazooka etc.