AoS 2 - Daughters of Khaine Discussion

Chris Tomlin

3 hours ago, UnholyRevenant said:

So, Monsters are getting some new rules come the release of 3rd. Interested to see what that brings to the table. What with the Shadowqueen being a monster and all. I can say that none of my gaming group are looking forward to an even better Morathi.

Yeah, probably impact hits on the charge and maybe extra charge distance

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/vaccine-advisers-set-to-provide-guidance-on-mixing-astrazeneca-mrna-vaccines-today/ar-AAKBevB?ocid=mailsignout&li=AAggNb9

This went up today and I think its the first time I've seen them confirm she is now the God of Murder 

On 6/1/2021 at 4:43 PM, Chumphammer said:

Yeah, probably impact hits on the charge and maybe extra charge distance

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/vaccine-advisers-set-to-provide-guidance-on-mixing-astrazeneca-mrna-vaccines-today/ar-AAKBevB?ocid=mailsignout&li=AAggNb9

This went up today and I think its the first time I've seen them confirm she is now the God of Murder 

Might wanna check that link fella 😅

Though obviously, get vaccinated guys and gals. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Xil said:

Wonder how it will affect things with her being God of Murder. Doens't seem to fit into Order anymore :D

Murdering hordes of undead, demons and orks can make a place quite orderly. ;)

But I guess if you do it just for fun and power, then its not.

Living on an edge... gives you power to make decisions on which side you step.

On 6/3/2021 at 5:27 PM, UnholyRevenant said:

Shadowqueen with Finest Hour and Titanic struggle for a once per game 2's to hit and wound against a key monster piece, or to turn gargants into chop suey.

Morathi being a Hero and Monster vs. Cauldrons and Shrines now losing Look Out, Sir! does feel like another big swing towards taking Morathi rather than not now. 

2 hours ago, 5kaven5lave said:

Morathi being a Hero and Monster vs. Cauldrons and Shrines now losing Look Out, Sir! does feel like another big swing towards taking Morathi rather than not now. 

Yeah but Morathi is likely to shoot up in points anyway. They said a GHB is comming and what with Daughters being aggressively pointed I expect to get whacked. Besides the Totem changes, and heroic actions make cauldrons really good now. Extra range on command abilities, plus the chance to heal or grab CP will make them a key part of any list. Plus a slaughter queen on cauldron with daughters impressive suite of buffs, popping Finest Hour can hit like a freight train. 

On 6/3/2021 at 6:45 AM, Sapca said:

Murdering hordes of undead, demons and orks can make a place quite orderly. ;)

But I guess if you do it just for fun and power, then its not.

Living on an edge... gives you power to make decisions on which side you step.

Murder for fun and power isn't inherently anti-order. As long as it happens within a regulated system that is predictable and controlled, it is still order.

One way to think about it is Lawful evil in DnD. The axis of order-disorder has no relationship to good/evil protagonist/antagonist 😜

The new priest rules don't feel particular useful for DoK. They're still stuck only chanting one prayer, and Bless is redundant for the allegiance. Actually now it seems easier for an enemy priest to plink our hags down (since hags already love to stab themselves).

7 minutes ago, Mutton said:

The new priest rules don't feel particular useful for DoK. They're still stuck only chanting one prayer, and Bless is redundant for the allegiance. Actually now it seems easier for an enemy priest to plink our hags down (since hags already love to stab themselves).

Also our invocation got massacred. Now enemy priests can push it off the table on a 4+ from 4 feet away.

80pts, 67% chance of failure.

On 6/4/2021 at 1:54 PM, 5kaven5lave said:

Nothing about the cauldron matters but the +1 save aura and blessing of Khaine anyway.

Changes to prayers mean it an't fight until turn 3, changes to witchbrew mean it can't buff, changes to the army mean the slaughter cauldron CA went from ' highly situational' to 'largely useless'.

Morathi would have to go to 1000+ points to not still be a better option for anything but a 'turtling stalker' build which doesn't work anymore because they nerfed invocations.

It feels like Daughters aren't actually getting anything useful from the new rules, while every other army goes up in power.

We don't know if melee will get a change, but as it stands our closecombat abilities will just get hit again with comming charge reactions. There is no way in the world you will be able to shift a LRL Castle.

My hopes for a good new rules set is dimished by the sheer imbalance and NPE elements in the recent BTs. Also any hope of a reduction in MW spam is out of the window looking at the SCEs layered abilities to cause MWs with everything they do and don't do.

3 hours ago, Xil said:

It feels like Daughters aren't actually getting anything useful from the new rules, while every other army goes up in power.

We don't know if melee will get a change, but as it stands our closecombat abilities will just get hit again with comming charge reactions. There is no way in the world you will be able to shift a LRL Castle.

My hopes for a good new rules set is dimished by the sheer imbalance and NPE elements in the recent BTs. Also any hope of a reduction in MW spam is out of the window looking at the SCEs layered abilities to cause MWs with everything they do and don't do.

I dont know about the "highly competitive" side of things, but everyone else getting good stuff while daughters get slightly reigned in seems about right from where I'm sitting, in a "new" playgroup with an essentially undefeated record with Daughters.  

I've not had more than one or two games where it was a demoralizing landslide, but the faction does feel rather high on the power curve - being slightly reigned in will mean opponents happier to play the game, which works well for me. 

Also, nothing so far hurts Morathi and Bloodstalkers, which was what I understood to be the current power combo.  In fact, that combo just got massively better with Unleash Hell being revealed...

Edited by KrispyXIV

1 hour ago, KrispyXIV said:

I dont know about the "highly competitive" side of things, but everyone else getting good stuff while daughters get slightly reigned in seems about right from where I'm sitting, in a "new" playgroup with an essentially undefeated record with Daughters.  

I've not had more than one or two games where it was a demoralizing landslide, but the faction does feel rather high on the power curve - being slightly reigned in will mean opponents happier to play the game, which works well for me. 

Also, nothing so far hurts Morathi and Bloodstalkers, which was what I understood to be the current power combo.  In fact, that combo just got massively better with Unleash Hell being revealed...

And exactly this power combo is what i dont like. Daughters have been my melee murder hobos... otherwise i would have started KO/LRL for shooting

I dont know

6+ to bring sisters/stalkers back

+1 to hit in combat or shooting

+1 AS vs that shooting/combat attack (3+ AS in combat with Cauldron buff)

being able to stand and shoot with Stalkers, but more interestingly Medusa (with no negative to hit) could be fun

So far I am interested in the changes, going to be exciting times. A lot will be down to peoples CP management skills as blowing your load all at once means no back up options  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chumphammer said:

I dont know

6+ to bring sisters/stalkers back

+1 to hit in combat or shooting

+1 AS vs that shooting/combat attack (3+ AS in combat with Cauldron buff)

being able to stand and shoot with Stalkers, but more interestingly Medusa (with no negative to hit) could be fun

So far I am interested in the changes, going to be exciting times. A lot will be down to peoples CP management skills as blowing your load all at once means no back up options  

Oh God, the Medusas.  

How did I not think of the Medusas?

• Like 2

Also Morathi-Khaine gets to use Both Monster and Hero new abilities, which can really be good. Charging in and using ROAR on that unit you dont want to be able to receive orders could be really good, especially if battle shock auto pass is a order

I think I might look at adding a Hydra or kharibdyss if I dont run Morathi-Khaine as for 175pts (may change) its gives us the ability to threated scenary 

New rules dropped! No GHB, but core rules still. I’m sad I’m losing out on horde bonus for Sisters, as well as big bliss of snek ladies in general. But I’ll find ways to make do I guess. Just depends how many reinforcements we get in the most commonly used battlepacks. 

double turns still around. Boo. Those are the biggest NPE for me in AoS. They can randomly swing a game out of nowhere, and having to pray to the dice gods that you get one to have a hope is worse in my book from having to focus on upping your game and not having that temptress there. 

Overall, I’m excited to see the new battle plans [and packs, those could be a big deal or nothing at all], and actually sit down at a table and play.