AoS 2 - Daughters of Khaine Discussion

Chris Tomlin

some thoughts on the spells i posted on frontline fb:

Blades: will not really been seen. Predatory so can hit you back, but unless range is high it's not worth it

Snake: I think it has good potential vs eels, Varaguard, stormvermin and 5-6 wound characters (and fyreslayers) but depends range and casting cost. Again predatory

Heart: could be great for an assault/defend point but have tonbe careful of 12 inch bubble and useless vs more 1D armies. If its a decent price might be worth having in back pocket

Bit issue with endless spells for dok is casting has never been our strong point.

Yeah, morathi seen more now with 3 casts and +1 to cast, but thats all we will usually have (or maybe + or just a 1 cast medusa)
So if these are a 7-8 to cast they are not reliable, plus with 3 casts it means we might lose a more useful slot

Might have been better to have them as prayers like Blades of khorne/fyreslayers
Just have to see what else the book has 
  • Like 2

@Chumphammer keep in mind that the heart sounds like it will be a prayer given that it is described that way in the flavor text. That makes it a LOT more viable as it should be both more reliable and also doesn't have the opportunity cost of giving up a spell cast (unless our priests get much better warscroll prayers, of course)

EDIT: obviously a lot depends on what the other parameters are, but assuming this is really all the heart does and it summons on a reasonable prayer value I think at 10-40 points it will be in all of my lists, at 50-80 points it'll probably make most of my lists and at 90+ points I'll probably have to think about it pretty hard.

The 12" range is restrictive, certainly, but I think if you set it up centrally it will work quite well. It'll also work fabulously in Morathi/Stalkers lists where they pretty much have to come at your big stalker block or lose.

Edited by swarmofseals

Could be that priest are allowed to cast our endless spells as if they were a wizard. Who knows. 

Maybe there is an Artefact to help, turning a spell into a prayer or priest into a wizard. 

Maybe a sect will have a rule. 

Maybe a special rule for a general to pick from. 

Maybe I am crazy. 

36 minutes ago, swarmofseals said:

@Chumphammer keep in mind that the heart sounds like it will be a prayer given that it is described that way in the flavor text. That makes it a LOT more viable as it should be both more reliable and also doesn't have the opportunity cost of giving up a spell cast (unless our priests get much better warscroll prayers, of course)

EDIT: obviously a lot depends on what the other parameters are, but assuming this is really all the heart does and it summons on a reasonable prayer value I think at 10-40 points it will be in all of my lists, at 50-80 points it'll probably make most of my lists and at 90+ points I'll probably have to think about it pretty hard.

The 12" range is restrictive, certainly, but I think if you set it up centrally it will work quite well. It'll also work fabulously in Morathi/Stalkers lists where they pretty much have to come at your big stalker block or lose.

Yup, but put it in the enter or a middle or important obj with you 20 snakes holding the line and thats solid. hopefully once down it cant be moved to stop enemy moving it off the point  

2 minutes ago, Chumphammer said:

Yup, but put it in the enter or a middle or important obj with you 20 snakes holding the line and thats solid. hopefully once down it cant be moved to stop enemy moving it off the point  

I don't think "endless prayers" can typically be moved by the opponent, but I suppose never say never until we get the full rules!

18 minutes ago, jhamslam said:

Mindrazor change - Adds 1 rend and if you made a charge, you get 2 damage. No longer bravery dependent

Catechism nerfed. Only melee not missile weapons

Avatar of Khaine auto animated in BR 3 , BR 2 for Hag Narr

@Chumphammer

that Mindrazor buff is massive. Catechism nerf not so big imo. Avatar already animates on t3 right?

1 minute ago, DJMoose said:

Hopefully it is not as essential to our damage output as it was previously, because ouch.

I mean yeah and no. 8 is high to cast sure, but we may have things to help. Also not being Bravery dependent really helps vs Daemons/OBR and other stuff. It was match up dependent at times on its use for damage 

8 minutes ago, Chumphammer said:

I mean yeah and no. 8 is high to cast sure, but we may have things to help. Also not being Bravery dependent really helps vs Daemons/OBR and other stuff. It was match up dependent at times on its use for damage 

Melusai Ironscale Specific Traits

1. 4+ Command Point Hero phase

2. +1 to save rolls

3. Once per game, use her Wrathborn CA without a CP

Edited by jhamslam
  • Thanks 1

Kraith

1. Roll a dice for EACH Kraith that fought. 5+ fight again end of combat.

2. Wholly within 12 One DOK unit gets +1 to wound

3. If any Kraith units were destroyed and general on the field get 1 CP.

4. Once at the start of combat, bearer will use Venom. You cannot fight with your melee weapons, but the target suffers d6 mortal wounds

• Thanks 1