AoS 2 - Kharadron Overlords Discussion

Chris Tomlin

33 minutes ago, cofaxest said:

More I look on lumineth allegiance the more I want to change ours... It's totally unfair that they looks so similar but lumineth's one more lore friendly then ours.(

How can you be this bothered by it. So far you will have only seen what GW thinks is going to sell the models. 

On top of that, the grass will always seem greener somewhere else. And if you truly think it is greener there.... just move there 💁‍♀️

5 minutes ago, Kramer said:

How can you be this bothered by it. So far you will have only seen what GW thinks is going to sell the models. 

On top of that, the grass will always seem greener somewhere else. And if you truly think it is greener there.... just move there 💁‍♀️

Well, the skin is greener over yonder, but I think I'm going to keep being metal.

• Haha 1

Think I'm going to start paying points for 2 endless spells in my 'competitive' list (I know I can only use 1) for in spell in bottle- WL vortex and darkfire daemon rift .... will give tzeentch ,seraphon and lumineth players some interesting deployment choices as will potentially have to really spread out...or face mortal wound gate. 

15 minutes ago, Kramer said:

I just think that gw could be more creative with out allegiance ability... especially if they have lumineth one in mind too)

1 minute ago, Beliman said:

Ouch... didn't see that incoming but our spell in the bottle seems to be auto-include vs Lumineth 😝

Unfortunetaley if you know your 1 match up and you list tailering vs this. The spell in the bottle with the right endless spell is always an auto-include. 

Makes me just a little bit sad not to have other even competetive choices :) and playing the WLV now for 3 games vs my friends I ve started to take it out of my list because it feels not very good in a friendly game 😅 if you know what I mean.... 

9 minutes ago, Zplash said:

Unfortunetaley if you know your 1 match up and you list tailering vs this. The spell in the bottle with the right endless spell is always an auto-include. 

Makes me just a little bit sad not to have other even competetive choices :) and playing the WLV now for 3 games vs my friends I ve started to take it out of my list because it feels not very good in a friendly game 😅 if you know what I mean.... 

Just pay points for 2 endless spells competitively... and use the best one depending on match up

On 6/8/2020 at 11:40 PM, zilberfrid said:

I know very little, but this is what I think:

1. Kharadron rely quite a bit on their rend, Nighthaunt is immune to that army wide, so you'll probably want to use a few allies here and there (Gyrocopters come to mind). Navigators and other effects that punish fliers will be all kinds of fun though.
  2. I hope for a cost reduction of 10 to Skywardens, and 20 for Brokk. Maybe something off the Ironclad, but I am entirely uncertain.
  3. The battletome made listbuilding interesting, which it wasn't before. It's not the "Balance? Is that a breakfast food?" style battletomes like Ossiarch, Tzeench or Seraphon, but it's a good book with multiple viable tactics, more in line with (and dare I say better than) Cities. It's by no means bottom tier, but has some really bad matchups. In my mind, the poorly thought out battletomes are those that have a wildly unbalanced subfaction (do we ever see anything else then Petrifex?), battalion (Changehost) or just odd rules (Seraphon). A good battletome is one that will actually get used in its entirety.

Actually, based on my experience against nighthaunt, it is not a very difficult game. Pure Nighthaunt is one of those most miserable armies with AOS 2.0 battletomes. Partly due to it has been released in early stage.  User Thunderer to focus fire on their HQs, Nighthaunt will be harmless pretty soon.

However, NH in LoN army is a different story. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Aeonotakist said:

Actually, based on my experience against nighthaunt, it is not a very difficult game. Pure Nighthaunt is one of those most miserable armies with AOS 2.0 battletomes. Partly due to it has been released in early stage.  User Thunderer to focus fire on their HQs, Nighthaunt will be harmless pretty soon.

However, NH in LoN army is a different story. 

Using Nighthaunt in Lady Orleander’s Legion from the Forbidden Power book is particularly solid.  The regenerating units is crucial against high damage output armies.  I was able to play competitively against Skaven when normally they would have out damage diced and wound tanked me.

Regardless of book killing the Nighthaunt heroes like Aeonotakist said is key.  Removing entirely-within-aura-buffs and deathless-spirits.

12 hours ago, Tizianolol said:

Guys is there any guide of KO? Seems very hard play this army!

1D4chan have some inputs on our army that can help you.

From my own experience, KO games need to  go "as planned". Our most powerful hammer-units can't do the same damage as others do, but our strenght is not build in raw stats.

Our strength is build in the movement phase and some tricks (spell in the bottle, out of phase mw, movement in the Hero Phase, etc...) that can disrupt the enemy while our shooting phase (our main source of damage) has a lot of short ranged weapons fireworks.

I'm looking to get back into Sigmar with the KO army I started, but I am having trouble making a 1,000 point list. I want to run Barak-Zilfin because I love the ships but I don't know what to really put in the list because everything is so expensive. Any help is appreciated. 

10 hours ago, Ironbreaker said:

I'm looking to get back into Sigmar with the KO army I started, but I am having trouble making a 1,000 point list. I want to run Barak-Zilfin because I love the ships but I don't know what to really put in the list because everything is so expensive. Any help is appreciated. 

1000 points game seems a bit restrictive for KO.  Remember that GHB2020 is in the horizon and can shake up some lists, but I would go for the basic:

• 10 arkanauts (battlelines and usually our objective campers).
  • 10 Thunderers (our basic swiss knife: it can give us a lot of dmg with 22 shots, or use fumigators+khemist to defend a zone).

After that, I don't know what to say:

• I think that a frigate could give you a lot, but I'm so used to play with an Irocnlad that I don't know if that's true or not.
  • For Heroes, I'm usually playing with Navigator, Khemist and sometimes an Endrinmaster.
  • I'm not sure if you need some balloon boyz or not (they are fun to play and 6man unit can do some work on the table), but they are expensive and drop like flies.

Hope that helps a bit!

13 hours ago, Ironbreaker said:

Maybe try something like that:

Allegiance: Kharadron Overlords
- Sky Port: Barak Zilfin

Leaders
Endrinmaster with Endrinharness (100)
- General
- Command Trait: Great Tinkerer  
- Artefact: Staff of Ocular Optimisation  
Aether-Khemist (90)

Battleline
10 x Arkanaut Company (90)
- 1x Skypikes
- 1x Light Skyhooks
- 1x Aethermatic Volley Guns
Arkanaut Frigate (250)
- Main Gun: Heavy Sky Cannon
- Great Endrinworks: Prudency Chutes

Units
5 x Grundstok Thunderers (120)
1 x Grundstok Gunhauler (150)
- Main Gun: Sky Cannon
- Great Endrinworks: Coalbeard's Collapsible Compartments
3 x Endrinriggers (100)
3 x Endrinriggers (100)
Total: 1000 
Wounds: 67

it is pretty flexible, you can change load out on your units to match your play style,  put whoever you want into both ships, and it’s pretty easy to build around start collecting box.