AoS 2 - Kharadron Overlords Discussion

Chris Tomlin

Anyone considered using the Lumineth’s Sanctum of Amyntok as the spell in a bottle choice?

For only 30pts, would give a Khemist a bit more durability, -2 to hit, 3+ save.  Would also extend the -1 to hit ability bubble from the base of the spell, covering a slightly larger area plus the mortal wound bounce back.

Thought it could be very useful in a scenario where heroes hold objectives?

Anyone ever tried this? What are your thoughts?

1 hour ago, GrimDork said:

Anyone considered using the Lumineth’s Sanctum of Amyntok as the spell in a bottle choice?

For only 30pts, would give a Khemist a bit more durability, -2 to hit, 3+ save.  Would also extend the -1 to hit ability bubble from the base of the spell, covering a slightly larger area plus the mortal wound bounce back.

For 30 pts and Artifact slot. So it competes directly with other Artifacts you could give out to Heroes.

It looks like it would be only worth it in lists with sizable infantry component at first glance, in Barak Thryng maybe?

On 1/31/2021 at 8:30 AM, GrimDork said:

If you could reliably get it into a position where you are stacking minus 3 to hit on a unit of thunderers in a place where they have targets and are on an objective, I can see it having some play

But it also is still unbindable, so you likely can't get actually do this stack in a realistic game.

Garisson/Disembark rules clarification. As I read it, if my guys disembark from a Skyvessel, using the Garrison rules from the Core Rule Book, I can move them out wholly within 6" of the terrain feature/skyvessel with no other conditions such as being 3" away from enemy models etc correct?

The 3" within rule only applies for when a skyvessel is destroyed and we need to roll to see what survives and space to deploy. Am I interpreting this correctly? Trying to use Cunning Fleetmaster/Ebuillent Buoyancy Aid to really add 1st turn movement improvements to my Thunderers. I find a blob of 20 of them in Urbaz with a Khemist in tow really annoys enemies and is hard to chew through.

3 hours ago, Badlander86 said:

move them out wholly within 6" of the terrain feature/skyvessel with no other conditions such as being 3" away from enemy models etc correct?

No, first all models need to be within 6" of garrison, but not wholly within. Second more then 3" from enemy units apply to leaving garrison.

• Thanks 1

Garrison rules for leaving are within finish 6" and out of 3" of enemies though? 

Haha timing. I've never actually seen someone leave a garrison in practice without being wholly within. It doesnt explicitly state it in the rules but you could some pretty stupid congo lines otherwise which i cant imagine would be intended.

Wait my bad, after reading that i went back and skimmed it, all models need to be within 6, not unit within.

Edited by Rahxephon

22 hours ago, Boar said:

No, first all models need to be within 6" of garrison, but not wholly within. Second more then 3" from enemy units apply to leaving garrison

WOW, I played as wholly within in ALL my games. So, I can deploy all my garrisoned units at 5.9"  from my Ship and more than 3"!!

21 minutes ago, Beliman said:

WOW, I played as wholly within in ALL my games. So, I can deploy all my garrisoned units at 5.9"  from my Ship and more than 3"!!

Yeah I myself only noticed it recently. It also helps when deploying around ship pre-battle as you can put more units in range of garrisoning.

• Like 1

I'm still a little confused here. So if say I have a unit of 20 Thunderers to dump out of an Ironclad in ranks of 2 or 3, the last rank can be deployed up to 6" from the base of my Ironclad and the first rank can be extended beyond the 6" as long as the deployment/disembark starts within 6" (not wholly within).

5 hours ago, Badlander86 said:

I'm still a little confused here. So if say I have a unit of 20 Thunderers to dump out of an Ironclad in ranks of 2 or 3, the last rank can be deployed up to 6" from the base of my Ironclad and the first rank can be extended beyond the 6" as long as the deployment/disembark starts within 6" (not wholly within).

I'm pretty sure that's not legal because all miniatures must be deployed within 6" (ex.: 5.9"), not only the last rank. 

3 hours ago, Beliman said:

I'm pretty sure that's not legal because all miniatures must be deployed within 6" (ex.: 5.9"), not only the last rank. 

9 hours ago, Badlander86 said:

If a nanometer of every base is within 6", it works.

10 hours ago, Aeryenn said:

How do you behave against strong melee army that sets up first and tells you to go first?

KO has a lot of options to alpha strike the opponent and reduce their ability to hurt you back. As a shooting army if they give you first turn you can do a lot of damage with your guns (and spell in a bottle) and not get any damage back.

If your build isn't about shooting them to death first then you can take objectivess, screen your valuable ships with arkanauts and let your opponent waste a turn clearing screens. Remember, this is a game of objective control not tabling your opponent. 

I guess it depends on your army build, but you should have a plan if something doesn't go your way at the start. 

KO's real ability isn't GUNS GUNS GUNS, there are far better shooting units than ours. The KO super-power is maneuverability. Your ships can go anywhere, anytime. You can lead your opponent to one side of the board and then fly high away to the other side. You choose where the battles will be fought, not them.

Edited by The Wah
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Smillis88 said:

Just getting into KO. Was curious of the best rout to go. Dont have qny models yet and was wondering in the new battleforce box or a start collecting box would be best for the start. 

I'm in the same boat as you and went with something else entirely: Thundrik's Profiteers. 5 unique models for 20€ is a good value. Good in the sense that I'm getting a feel for the KO minis as well as being able to paint more interesting models than range minis.

But tbh, I'm a collector first and TT gamer second so my priorities are probably different.

• Like 1