AoS 2 - Fyreslayers Discussion

Chris Tomlin

• 2 weeks later...

As i said just launched 3.0(even if people ranted against me) fyreslayers wer destroyed and done umplayable. 

Now data show that i said the true(in tournament data we are one of the last and we have 0,000000 5 wins in any tournament,when every other army have some).

So yes,idoneth need  tome because they were a aos1 book and fyreslayers is the worst army of 3.0 and need most the tome also.

22 hours ago, Bonesplitterz said:

Entonces, con el rumor de una caja con Idoneth y Fyreslayers en mayo, ¿crees que esto también significa dos nuevos battletomes? ¿Al igual que Slaanesh y DOK con su caja a principios de este año?

maybe ... my question is if there is a start box, what line unit will they include? more Vulkite Berzerkers? Hearthguard? Hopefully it's a new line unit. New hero? new monster?

On 12/12/2021 at 10:00 AM, Bonesplitterz said:

So with the rumour of a box with Idoneth and Fyreslayers in may, you think This means two new battletomes too ? Just like Slaanesh and DOK with their box earlier this year ?

I would imagine so, just like Tzeentch vs Kharadron before even that in the Aether Wars set. 

I hope they make a mirror to that as to where they fought high above in Chamon’s aether the Fyreslayers vs Deepkin fight beneath the Aqshy seas below, Aelven sea-beasts vs Fyreslayers empowered by oxygen runes and ocean-floor volcanoes. Could get us the AoS version of those 40k underwater fight rules and mix with UnderWorlds own sea floor battles in Harrowdeep. :) 

• Like 2

On 12/12/2021 at 4:38 PM, snaga said:

Hi just want to know can you have 2 units strike before your opponent in your phase with Hermdar? If you can how do does it work

Yes you can- using their command ability a unit strikes first. Then once all units with a strike first ability have gone you start alternating normal units starting with one of yours. This means, in your turn and assuming no enemy units have a strike first ability, you’d fight with the unit you used “skull breakers and oath takers” on, them immediately follow with a unit fighting normally. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Iamanbo said:

someone tried to convert from Vulkite Berserkers to Hearthguard?

Yes, it is doable and mentioned previously in this (58 page!) discussion.  Easiest is to put the flame strike  pole axe chains on their dual axe/war picks or just the handles. Two per model (one per handle) might make them look extra bezerkery and more differentiated from the vulkites.  Next hardest is to take extra pole/axe arms from making aurics with magmapikes and cut down the vulkite arms to fit the Hearthguard forearms. It gives different poses, like in motion one handed swinging, which is kinda cool. 

I’m holding off converting mine until the new book comes out in April/May.  Vulkites might become like 1.0 again, when they were the essential unit. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Azamar said:

Yes you can- using their command ability a unit strikes first. Then once all units with a strike first ability have gone you start alternating normal units starting with one of yours. This means, in your turn and assuming no enemy units have a strike first ability, you’d fight with the unit you used “skull breakers and oath takers” on, them immediately follow with a unit fighting normally. 

Thanks

2 hours ago, DrDemento said:

Yes, it is doable and mentioned previously in this (58 page!) discussion.  Easiest is to put the flame strike  pole axe chains on their dual axe/war picks or just the handles. Two per model (one per handle) might make them look extra bezerkery and more differentiated from the vulkites.  Next hardest is to take extra pole/axe arms from making aurics with magmapikes and cut down the vulkite arms to fit the Hearthguard forearms. It gives different poses, like in motion one handed swinging, which is kinda cool. 

I’m holding off converting mine until the new book comes out in April/May.  Vulkites might become like 1.0 again, when they were the essential unit. 

thank you!
maybe in the new box vs Idoneth we have another 10 vulkites and you don't have to wait haha

• Like 1

I finally have my 10 Auric Hearthguards and Runesmiter for allying with my Dispossessed City....and another Runesmiter and 10 HGB w the poleaxes because they were super cheap, plus the Firespitter and Infernoth invocations.  Now I'm thinking well, should I just get the 3 Magmadroths and 20 or 30 Vulkites I also saw on sale and make a whole army of Fyreslayers?!  Not sure about what's hot and what's not with these guys right now...guess everything's hot with them :D

My thoughts are 2 deepstriking units (with the ones I have already) and then 3 Droths plus Vulkites running up, that's some decent jaws of Vulcatrix deployment right there.  Not familiar with the Lodges yet or anything.  I do have the legit dice too......  Worth taking allied Dispossessed or KO?

On 12/13/2021 at 4:54 PM, Doko said:

As i said just launched 3.0(even if people ranted against me) fyreslayers wer destroyed and done umplayable. 

Now data show that i said the true(in tournament data we are one of the last and we have 0,000000 5 wins in any tournament,when every other army have some).

So yes,idoneth need  tome because they were a aos1 book and fyreslayers is the worst army of 3.0 and need most the tome also.

Disagree.

You don't need one 5-0 to be "good" at this game. Fyreslayers are in the middle of the pack (some 4-1, a lot of 3-2), that makes them fine and not "unplayable".

There are at least 5 or 7 armies that can't even get a 4-1 (poor Gloomspites!

• Like 3

On 12/13/2021 at 4:14 PM, Iamanbo said:

maybe ... my question is if there is a start box, what line unit will they include? more Vulkite Berzerkers? Hearthguard? Hopefully it's a new line unit. New hero? new monster?

If you're referring to the Vangurd box then they'll probably take the existing SC(!) nd put one box of Hearthguard in and one of the Hero blisters - probably the Battlesmith or Berzerker.

The actual standalone box for the Magmadroth is now gone entirely, not to say they couldn't rebox it, but it seems unlikely they'd keep it out of the Vanguard. 

Edited by Clan's Cynic

On 12/16/2021 at 3:28 PM, Lord Krungharr said:

I finally have my 10 Auric Hearthguards and Runesmiter for allying with my Dispossessed City....and another Runesmiter and 10 HGB w the poleaxes because they were super cheap, plus the Firespitter and Infernoth invocations.  Now I'm thinking well, should I just get the 3 Magmadroths and 20 or 30 Vulkites I also saw on sale and make a whole army of Fyreslayers?!  Not sure about what's hot and what's not with these guys right now...guess everything's hot with them :D

My thoughts are 2 deepstriking units (with the ones I have already) and then 3 Droths plus Vulkites running up, that's some decent jaws of Vulcatrix deployment right there.  Not familiar with the Lodges yet or anything.  I do have the legit dice too......  Worth taking allied Dispossessed or KO?

You could ally either depending on what you want/need. KO have some crazy mobility but thats about it right now but until more 3.0 books come out everything is kinda up in the air right now

True, there's a whole bunch coming down the pipeline in the next few months probably.  

I ended up getting a Runefather Magmadroth, one with the furnace platform (and I can magnetize a Runesmiter up there), and 20 Vulkites w Slingshields, plus the tome.  Didn't see the terrain piece at the store though.  Seems worth getting since I'll have 3 Priests in the army.  With either Magmadroth as general I'll have 3 battleliners then with the HGBs or AHGs, running both units in every army.  

4-5 Gyrocopters or Bombers would be a fun group of allies!

25 minutes ago, Forehead said:

What do people think for the new box if it is FS vs IDK as predicted? New hero + what else?

With such a limited range I think it'll come down to how much they want to reuse the SC contents and if it'll be anything but a new Hero. These Battleboxes have been shrinking in size it feels like, probably to keep the price to around that £105 range.

My guess?

New Hero + Magmadroth + x2 Hearthguard

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

With such a limited range I think it'll come down to how much they want to reuse the SC contents and if it'll be anything but a new Hero. These Battleboxes have been shrinking in size it feels like, probably to keep the price to around that £105 range.

My guess?

New Hero + Magmadroth + x2 Hearthguard

No doubling up heroes in battleboxes. There isn't a hard and fast rule for units, but none of them have come with two heroes.

If it's all old units and it probably is, then it can only be some ratio of Vulkites to HG, there's nothing else.

I honestly don't think that GW would ever make set with both vulkites and hgb and some new foot hero. Even speaking as a fyreslayer fan, that would be THE worst set ever made (nothing but samey looking foot dwarves). Imagine this from new player's perspective: Hmmm, do I want these cool shark riding elves or bunch of naked dwarves? The set has to have something new and cool (non hero) unit for fyreslayers and I have to believe that GW understands this as well. I could be wrong of course, but here's the thing: I'll be disappointed regardless if there is no cool new unit for fyreslayers in that box, whether I managed my expectations or not, and I'm sure most other people will be as well.

• Like 2