AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

1 minute ago, lare2 said:

Just a thought I had reading over some of the comments above. We now know the new termy Stormcast dude has a save up of 2+. I know it's a bit touchy at the minute to compare Stormcast with 40k but what if they decide to copy the marine set up with Termies having a 2+ save and basic marines (i.e. liberators, etc.) having a 3+ save. That'd be cool... just a thought. 

Yea, i though about that too. If the Annihilators have 2+ then maybe rest will have 3+ 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Nizrah said:

Yea, i though about that too. If the Annihilators have 2+ then maybe rest will have 3+ 

From the Lore side it says that Stormcast have now a new armor, so I think only the new units will have 3+ and 2+ Save. So it’s logical that the old models stay at 4+. I don’t think we will see a rework on old warscrolls. Allegiance and Stormhosts will sure get a rework but don’t think they will touch any old Warscroll, maybe some point adjustments. Lets hope that they at least rework Stardrake and Celestant Prime warscroll.

Edited by Erdemo86

16 minutes ago, PJetski said:

Regular Stormcast 4+

Shields +1

Heavy armor (Paladins, heroes) +1 

So an Annihilator has a 2+ because he has heavy armor and a shield.

So you think That Sigmars old Armors will give the Same save as the new ones? Like paladins? I think they stay at 4+. And the new battleline has new armor and shield. So 2+ for them too? I think shields will give reroll saves.

My prediction:

Old Models Stay the same as before

new Speer Battleline 3+

Annhilator 2+

Edited by Erdemo86
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, lare2 said:

Just a thought I had reading over some of the comments above. We now know the new termy Stormcast dude has a save up of 2+. I know it's a bit touchy at the minute to compare Stormcast with 40k but what if they decide to copy the marine set up with Termies having a 2+ save and basic marines (i.e. liberators, etc.) having a 3+ save. That'd be cool... just a thought. 

Annihilator sounds like it'll be more armored than other paladins, but it would be nice to have 2+ paladins and 3+ everyone else. Hoping we get another wound added to everyone if the saves aren't buffed

10 minutes ago, lare2 said:

4+ should be the basic save for a regular human Joe. There's no way, in my mind, any Stormcast should have a 4+ save.

It was likes this now how long? 4years?

and it will stay like That, else why would say, that the new units have a more durable new armors if it would give the same save as old ones? I like your optimism but stay realistic. 

new armors, made from grungir himself, same save as old ones? No way

I have  a dejavu, same discussion as sacrosant released, and there they didn’t touched the old warscrolls too. GW wants us to buy new units and it’s buisnesswise the best for them.

Edited by Erdemo86

with all the buffs to save we have right now (stormkeep 3+ saves for liberators, castellant and staunch defender) i don't think it's safe to expect new models to get a 3+ save.

Unless there's some changes on this side of the game (for example castellant giving a "reduce rend by 1" instead of a +1 to the save result) this kind of stuff can create absurd profiles that are simply not fun or fair to play against (who wants to fight units with 1+ save rerolling ones).

as far as we know from a lore perspective these armor are not better protection but only helps these units to move easier from azyr to the other realms while the old ones have trouble piercing the evil clouds obscuring the sky.

Maybe GW will surprise us with rules helping on that (maybe a scion of the storm allowing us to TP 7" from the enemy instead of 9", maybe some special rules to setup more of them in the sky before the game like the skyborne slayer...etc).
I know these options already exists but ask for a special build to be efficient, having a better version of this for vindictors units can open new strategies and mobility to the army.

We recently saw some crazy mobility tricks for lumineth units, there's also the new vampires cavalry who can now bend the rule of movement by moving through units that are engaged against them and charge later in the turn.

My guess is this is no coïncidence, better movement allows for more dynamic and fluid gameplay and maybe this is the way the game is moving.
From a meta perspective it can also slightly nerf the shooting armies that we see dominating the game right now by rewarding initiative and taking risks, i hope this is something we'll see in the future.

More board control and movement tricks, less of the slow gameplay with defensive playstyle.

Edited by jeanfluflu

28 minutes ago, jeanfluflu said:

with all the buffs to save we have right now (stormkeep 3+ saves for liberators, castellant and staunch defender) i don't think it's safe to expect new models to get a 3+ save.

unless of course there's a cap on bonuses to save (that's what the leaks said, modifiers capped at +1/-1) or maybe stormkeep, staunch, castellant are reworked and go away, or maybe...

Basically *everything* about our army is changing (both battletome and rules environment) so we're just guessing randomly

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Erdemo86 said:

I have  a dejavu, same discussion as sacrosant released, and there they didn’t touched the old warscrolls too. GW wants us to buy new units and it’s buisnesswise the best for them.

While true, it is harder to get and retain new customers than established ones--this gives GW an incentive to not ****** off current SCE players by giving us a lukewarm book. Sure, people with other established armies might fill in some of the gap, but I think the potential sales lost from entrenched Stormcast players is worth putting in extra effort to make our new book good and not just lukewarm.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Erdemo86 said:

we will see, lets talk again when the book is out. I stay to my opinion, but hope im wrong.

no Changes to old warscrolls. Changes to Allegiance and Stormhost + adding new units. thats my opinion what we get.

I hope for some good synergies between chambers too (for example lord celestant giving buffs to paladins and liberators, stardrake leading dracoth to the charge...etc).

I hope to get good battallions too, most of the ones we had on 2.0 book where garbage until the mega vanguard army list could be possible with the GhB cost reduction.

• Like 1

Just now, jeanfluflu said:

I hope to get good battallions too, most of the ones we had on 2.0 book where garbage until the mega vanguard army list could be possible with the GhB cost reduction.

There will no battalions

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PJetski said:

Regular Stormcast 4+

Shields +1

To add to this, mystic shield is rumored to go to +1 save with a cap on save, hit and wound modifiers to +1 or -1 at the most. Meaning i dont think shields will give us +1 save but rather remain at the Re roll 1 saves

5 minutes ago, jhamslam said:

To add to this, mystic shield is rumored to go to +1 save with a cap on save, hit and wound modifiers to +1 or -1 at the most. Meaning i dont think shields will give us +1 save but rather remain at the Re roll 1 saves

They could add 1 to the save characteristic rather than the save roll

There is going to be a +1/-1 cap on hit rolls, wound rolls, and save rolls. This has no effect on the characteristic

If I could have one wish for the new Battletome, it would be a complete Rework of Celestant Prime. Make him a big Centerpiece like he’s supposed to be. He has Gal Maraz right? So let us feel like he has it. Increase his points to 400-500 and let him hit like a truck. I don’t know, give him 8 Attacks 14 Wounds with his weapon Profile, maybe even a save after save and make him a wizard. xD Give him a Badass Comand Ability. Let him throw his hammer like Thor. Something... He is the wielder of the strongest weapon that exists. Gal maraz is the cover/symbol/logo of the Game. And than look at his warscroll... pretty useless..

just dreaming guys, I know we never will see this.. 

or even better, let Sigmar take his hammer back and give us Sigmar as miniature 😂😂

Edited by Erdemo86
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Erdemo86 said:

we will see, lets talk again when the book is out. I stay to my opinion, but hope im wrong.

no Changes to old warscrolls. Changes to Allegiance and Stormhost + adding new units. thats my opinion what we get.

For me, no warscroll changes makes any new book a disappointment before it starts tbh.

Like half the existing units are just useless and boring.

12 hours ago, PJetski said:

Regular Stormcast 4+

Shields +1

Whitefang approved!

I hope their attacks are more threatening than 2 attacks @ 4+/3+/-/1

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Erdemo86 said:

If I could have one wish for the new Battletome, it would be a complete Rework of Celestant Prime. Make him a big Centerpiece like he’s supposed to be. He has Gal Maraz right? So let us feel like he has it. Increase his points to 400-500 and let him hit like a truck. I don’t know, give him 8 Attacks 14 Wounds with his weapon Profile, maybe even a save after save and make him a wizard. xD Give him a Badass Comand Ability. Let him throw his hammer like Thor. Something... He is the wielder of the strongest weapon that exists. Gal maraz is the cover/symbol/logo of the Game. And than look at his warscroll... pretty useless..

just dreaming guys, I know we never will see this.. 

or even better, let Sigmar take his hammer back and give us Sigmar as miniature 😂😂

we re literally getting a new celestant. the Yndrasta and then the Prime, so maybe theyll do different things like the Eidolons

1 hour ago, schwabbele said:

Has anyone seen SCE painted in 40k Raptors scheme? Google wasn’t helpful (or me not smart enough 🙃)

something like this? (found it on pinterest and the url was broken, so I don't know its origin -_-)

34e3d3759a4651020f20010fbd7b7e34.jpg.c2a5094561f596412270868d7fe09fa3.jpg

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1