AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

3 minutes ago, lare2 said:

Forgive my ignorance but... what's this? 

oh no problem, it is the rumor milling about right now for what Stormcast will be in the 3.0 starter

however, I have no idea how this would work since our paladins are already the "terminator" type of Stormcast!

the rumor has gone from 'Bretonnian' knightcast to terminator/primaris Stormcast so I'm kinda dreading the 3.0 reveal because neither of those aesthetics appeal to me at all, and would make our faction feel way too much like Space Marines. Really just hoping at this point that Stormcast retain their allyship and acceptance of the varied mortals that inhabit the COS.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

however, I have no idea how this would work since our paladins are already the "terminator" type of Stormcast!

exactly, more big than them is the centurion squad

Edited by baiardo

33 minutes ago, baiardo said:

exactly, more big than them is the centurion squad

had to look that up, thought someone earlier was talking about Roman centurions lmao.

I will say, I'm not totally a fan but I appreciate how damn campy these are. oh you need more protection? well put your power-armored self into this power-armored exoskeleton!

Centurion Devastator Squad - Millennium Games

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

had to look that up, thought someone earlier was talking about Roman centurions lmao.

I will say, I'm not totally a fan but I appreciate how damn campy these are. oh you need more protection? well put your power-armored self into this power-armored exoskeleton!

I really really hope we're not getting "Stormcast but bigger", anything but that

14 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

Centurion Devastator Squad - Millennium Games

After that put it in a golem/dreadnaught!
Someone at GW's HQ really like matrioska.

Edited by baiardo
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, baiardo said:

After that put it in a golem/dreadnaught!

i feel like they're saving those for Grungni but who knows? sigmarite armor inside a magical exoskeleton inside a steam-naught isn't implausible with the other models AOS has 😅

4 minutes ago, Marcvs said:

I really really hope we're not getting "Stormcast but bigger", anything but that

yeah I don't understand who would want that, it's not even close to the usual wishlist of Stormcast players?

19 hours ago, CommissarRotke said:

if they give me a proper spear unit for Stormcast I'll accept even a 'Bretonnian' aesthetic for the new units

I've been hoping for Spearcast since I first started collecting. The Protectors with the glaives are cool, but it's just not the same.

Also, I'm not going to infer too much about the model design yet from the suggestions that we're getting "Bretonian Terminator" Stormcast. More heavily armored, knightly Stormcast could translate into a lot of different designs, and GW has been absolutely killing it with their models of late.

yeah the javelins don't scratch my spear itch at all, even if prosecutors and gryph chargers are amazing models. I'm sure I'll come around to the designs once everything is laid out, the waiting is getting to me lads and lasses 😩 GW really has been killing it with the designs even if the other parts of AOS don't feel as supported

one thing is sure, if we get 3.0 this summer, Stormcast battletome is going to follow immediately after. Lets hope it puts some order on the rooster.

I kind of like chunky space marines designs (dreadnoughts, centurions, aggressors,etc) so I would welcome this stuff for Stormcast ^^U

Bretonian Stormcast... chunky Stormcast. I'd be happy with either. It's funny how your tastes change. When Stormcast first came out, I didn't really care for them. Didn't hate them mind - just thought meh. Nowadays though, can't get enough of them and I'm sure whatever GW have planned, the basic premise of Stormcast models means they'll be alright. I've been slowly amassing a vast Stormhost via Mortal Realms and I'm ample certain AoS 3.0 will see Sigmar's finest be my primary army. 

• Haha 1

Cathay makes more sense than Bretonnia. They have astromancers that use Heavens magic, they fight Chaos and Hobgoblins, they summon meteors, they use dragons and lions in their iconography, and they ride gold dragons into battle.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, PJetski said:

Cathay makes more sense than Bretonnia. They have astromancers that use Heavens magic, they fight Chaos and Hobgoblins, they summon meteors, they use dragons and lions in their iconography, and they ride gold dragons into battle.

ohhhhh man that would be so good, the Tiandi from For Honor immediately comes to mind

https://forhonor.fandom.com/wiki/Tiandi?file=Wu+Lin+Tiandi+M.jpg

3 hours ago, Gotz said:

one thing is sure, if we get 3.0 this summer, Stormcast battletome is going to follow immediately after. Lets hope it puts some order on the rooster.

I kind of like chunky space marines designs (dreadnoughts, centurions, aggressors,etc) so I would welcome this stuff for Stormcast ^^U

i don't mind chunky designs it's just that Bretonnia was probably the most boring aesthetic of WHF, so to do another European style pastiche would be disappointing for a game set in Realms of near-infinite possibilities.

here's the very chunky Jiang Jun class from For Honor, for another example. I can easily imagine this guy as a Reforged heavy hitter to keep Gordrakk/Kragnos Waaagh out of Azyr

Xavier Etchepare - For Honor MARCHING FIRE ; skin for Jiang Jun

• Like 2

still not coming up there but i think @baiardo reposted it and that actually showed up.

the second half makes sense, but the first? GW squatting Empire Knights for Stormcast?? "mix of Relictor and bladeguard" so they look like the Sequitors we already have?

i'm really wondering how much of this is Order of Azyr vs actual Stormcast

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

still not coming up there but i think @baiardo reposted it and that actually showed up.

the second half makes sense, but the first? GW squatting Empire Knights for Stormcast?? "mix of Relictor and bladeguard" so they look like the Sequitors we already have?

i'm really wondering how much of this is Order of Azyr vs actual Stormcast

The Order of Azyr are witch hunters, I think you mean "devoted of sigmar"