AoS 2 - Stormcast Eternals Discussion

Chris Tomlin

Also, how did you guys modeled your Longstrikes. If I'm not mistaken, ther's only 2 oval bases inside a box and the Prime is on a round one. So making a unit of 9 with only one prime, did you buy additional oval ones or did you just use the round ones ? What's legal ?

11 minutes ago, Maturin said:

Also, how did you guys modeled your Longstrikes. If I'm not mistaken, ther's only 2 oval bases inside a box and the Prime is on a round one. So making a unit of 9 with only one prime, did you buy additional oval ones or did you just use the round ones ? What's legal ?

There should be 3 oval bases in the box.

I have 3 models built as Primes in my squad of 9 Longstrikes, since I built the models a long time ago to be in 3 squads of 3. I painted the birds on their arms different colours so my opponent knows which one is the actual Prime.

Leaders:

-Lord Arcanum on GryphCharger

-Lord castellant 

-Lord Relictor (translocation)

-Lord Ordinator

Battleline:

-1×10 sequitors (hammers x shield)

-2x5 sequitors (hammers x shield)

Artillery:

-3x Ballista

Other:

2x5 Evocators

Battalion:

-Cleansing Phalanx

This list I've been running for awhile and seeing around 2-3 win/loss. I've been using hammers of sigmar stormhost but I keep being told to get rid of it but sometimes bringing back that 1x10 sequitor group can be game changing...if it can be pulled off lol. If I didnt take Hammers of Sigmar, what other stormhost if any should I take or what command traits/artifacts should i look at

Edited by Talunus

7 hours ago, schwabbele said:

Am I the only one who fully regrets going gold with ones sce models? 
I can’t stand working so much with metallics :/ 

Will switch my unpainted models over to anvils with a black/ dark blue mix for the armor. 

I'm in all vanilla Hammers of Sigmar. On the models i basecoat grey i hate it (like Sequitors) bit it's not too much gold to get through and more cloth, which is fun to paint to me. Liberators, basecoated with Retributor spray, are done super quick. Overall i am very pleased and like the scheme a lot.

I do have several other projects though, one of which is 40k Eldar. They have a lot of different paint schemes within a single army, and i love my hobby ADD for when i'm bored with a scheme i can hop to another one or two for a few models and then come back.

• Like 1

On 9/30/2019 at 8:30 AM, TomParry84 said:

So went to a 28 player event this weekend and went 4-1 (silly mistake cost me the last game) with 9340 KPs with this list:

LEADERS
Lord-Aquilor (180) - General - Command Trait : Deathly Aura  - Mount Trait : Wind Runner
Lord-Relictor (100) - Prayer : Translocation
Knight-Azyros (100) - Artefact :  Soulthief  
Knight-Heraldor (100)
Skink Starseer (160) - Allies
UNITS
5 x Liberators (100) - Warblade & Shield - 1 x  Grandblades
5 x Liberators (100) - Warblade & Shield - 1 x  Grandblades
5 x Vanguard-Hunters (110) - Boltstorm Pistols and Storm Sabres
9 x Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows (510)
10 x Evocators (440) - 5 x  Grandstaves - Lore of Invigoration : Speed of Lightning
3 x Aetherwings (50)
3 x Aetherwings (50)

All I can say is this list isn't one to take if you're after sports votes! Highlights included:

Killing fully buffed Archaon in the first turn

Tabling a 21 eel list

Two Mawchrushas in two turns

Hiya 

can you explain your gameplay with this list am thinking of something similar. What does the skink star priest do? 

Hi all,

I have a tournement coming up and I'm wanting to try a gav bomb phalanx for the first time.

Leaders
Lord-Arcanum on Gryph-Charger (220)
- General
- Trait: We Cannot Fail
- Spell: Azyrite Halo
- Mount Trait: Aethereal Stalker
Lord-Castellant (120)
Lord-Relictor (100)
- Prayer: Translocation
Gavriel Sureheart (120)

Battleline
10 x Sequitors (260)
- Stormsmite Mauls and Soulshields
- 5x Stormsmite Greatmaces
10 x Sequitors (260)
- 5x Stormsmite Greatmaces
5 x Sequitors (130)
- 3x Stormsmite Greatmaces

Units
10 x Evocators (440)
- 5x Grandstaves
5 x Evocators (220)

Battalions
Cleansing Phalanx (120)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 118

My game plan is to deploy the Arcanum, relictor, castellant, 10 seqs and 5 evos in a small castel/bunker on my table edge somewhere and then teleport 10 buffed seqs up and combine with 10 evos and gave in a massive strike. Then drop 10 seqs at my bunker and repeat. i have 5 seqs to drop later for objectives.

Any comments and crit would be appreciated. Also, what item should i take as the 2nd one?

14 hours ago, Twh30 said:

Hiya 

can you explain your gameplay with this list am thinking of something similar. What does the skink star priest do? 

Jump around, shoot stuff and charge the evocators up the middle usually.

The command points are key, if you can get close to a Commanding terrain piece for a turn or two you're in business

25 minutes ago, TomParry84 said:

More often than not I use it on the longstrikes unless I'm desperate to teleport, my Aquilor can move them usually

ISn't the Starseer spell affecting only one dice roll ? Ergo, you can only change one dice roll, a bit useless on longstrikes, no ? If it were all dice rolls from the attacks that would be great.
Are you instead refering to his ability to reroll dices if you win the rock paper scissor game against your opponent ?

Edited by Maturin

3 minutes ago, Maturin said:

ISn't the Starseer spell affecting only one dice roll ? Ergo, you can only change one dice roll, a bit useless on longstrikes, no ? If it were all dice rolls from the attacks that would be great.

Change one dice roll 'per phase' so changing two 5s into 6s's usually giving an extra 4 mws a turn if shooting twice. It makes a big difference!

Edited by TomParry84

9 hours ago, Maturin said:

So, any of you guys made the Jump to Cities of Sigmar ?
I'm personnally interested by Hallowheart/Anvilguard and Living cities forces.

Greywater , and Hammerhall are where its at. Shooting twice with helstorm rocket batteries or fighting twice and activating a ton of command abilities in the same turn with Hammerhal. Clearly the most pushed.

Tempest Eye and Living City are also quite good. Hammerhall will require a hefty investment in demigryph knights however.

29 minutes ago, jhamslam said:

Greywater , and Hammerhall are where its at. Shooting twice with helstorm rocket batteries or fighting twice and activating a ton of command abilities in the same turn with Hammerhal. Clearly the most pushed.

Tempest Eye and Living City are also quite good. Hammerhall will require a hefty investment in demigryph knights however.

Yes, I've been pouring over the book since I got it this weekend, and I'm thinking the Hammerhall city makes the most sense to me. I'm interested in theming a list around gryphons, and I think you could splice in a few stormcast units here and there to enhance the theme.

On 8/30/2019 at 8:56 AM, Boobashamaka said:

My list for a tournament this week end:

- Stormhost: Anvils of the Heldenhammer

LEADERS
Lord-Veritant (120)
- General
- Command Trait : Deathly Aura
- Mystic Light (Artefact) : Lantern of the Tempest
- Prayer : Translocation
Knight-Vexillor (120)
- Pennant of the Stormbringer
Knight-Incantor (140)
- Artefact : Soulthief
- Spell : Chain Lightning

UNITS
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammers
- 1 x Grandhammers
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammers
- 1 x Grandhammers
5 x Liberators (100)
- Warhammers
- 1 x Grandhammers
3 x Aetherwings (50)
3 x Aetherwings (50)
3 x Aetherwings (50)
12 x Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows (680)
3 x Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows (170)

3 x Vanguard-Raptors with Longstrike Crossbows (170)

BATTALIONS
Vanguard Justicar Conclave (120)

ENDLESS SPELLS / TERRAIN
Dais Arcanum (30)

Any thoughts?

What is you play style with this? 

What will be I'm the air and how will you use the CA for extra shooting? 

17 hours ago, Maturin said:

So, any of you guys made the Jump to Cities of Sigmar ?
I'm personnally interested by Hallowheart/Anvilguard and Living cities forces.

Yes, gonna build a fluffy Living City army around a Stardrake general.  But will take probably months , as I am still selling off my pile of shame  :D