AoS 2 - Idoneth Deepkin Discussion

Chris Tomlin

3 hours ago, Acid_Nine said:

gosh, I think I might be taking the aqshy fire amulet thingie just to protect against that on my king. I usually take Gyrnstrike, but I think that I could suffer through the standard hits just to keep him alive.

new question: if an archmage's bubble of 6+ to saves reaches a unit that's covered by a ship's 6+ save, does it stack?

The +3 bravery aura from the aspect of the sea is starting to look very useful come to think of it. 

And to my knowledge those abilities can stack, as will ignax’s scales against mortal wounds. 

2 minutes ago, heromaster said:

Im looking at putting together 1000 points and wondered what you guys thought of these 2 lists

list 1:

Volturnos

soulscryer

20 x thralls

6 x morrsarr

or

list 2:

volturnos

soulscryer

10 x thralls

6 x morrsarr

3 x Ishlaen

Thanks!

I  like the second list more to be honest as the eels are basically what I run with my 1000 point list. I have been thinking of buying thralls to replace the alopex I currently have though, so I like your's doubly so. I may suggest the king instead of voltunous though, as a 12" bubble of re-rolling 1's usually suffices, and the benefit of relics is really good for this king of army.

Hey all! I'm brand new to AoS and I jumped right into the deep end. I pre-ordered the new collecting box coming out next month for deepkin, I got the warscroll (or whatever army books are called now). I plan on building slow, maybe doing any escalation campaign with my friends who are getting back into the hobby with me. Which includes my daughter (8) who is getting a box of gryph hounds to paint and probably assorted order to play with in open format. 

ANYWAY I was wondering what else should I be looking to get? Do I need any other books? I'm fine on models, I think for now. Probably be a month or so until I get done painting what I have coming. 

On 2/26/2019 at 7:32 AM, Cyberspidermancer said:

Hey all! I'm brand new to AoS and I jumped right into the deep end. I pre-ordered the new collecting box coming out next month for deepkin, I got the warscroll (or whatever army books are called now). I plan on building slow, maybe doing any escalation campaign with my friends who are getting back into the hobby with me. Which includes my daughter (8) who is getting a box of gryph hounds to paint and probably assorted order to play with in open format. 

ANYWAY I was wondering what else should I be looking to get? Do I need any other books? I'm fine on models, I think for now. Probably be a month or so until I get done painting what I have coming. 

Nope, you're all good for now. The basic rules are in the free Age of Sigmar app along with all the warscrolls. Just download that, grab some dice and put your stuff on the table.

If you want some more background lore, more detailed rules, extra options and battleplans (scenarios) to make your games more interesting the Core Book provides a ton of that. However, with a little creativity you can create your own scenarios and extra rules just fine tho, so I consider it optional.

If you want to get into matched play (with points and restrictions for more balanced competition) the latest edition of the Generals Handbook is what you need. It also has some extra content for Narrative and Open play, but the core book brings more on that front I feel.

Have fun!

Hey guys!

I’ve been reading through the posts and seen confusion as to whether or not High Tide goes before Mr Gristlegore. After my Game with Mr Johnson I can 100% confirm Mr Gristlegore goes first in both turns. Forever and always. 

The new FEC book is strong but the meta will counter it for us. We just need to be ready when we raid ghoul shores.  Having played FEC twice now at Sheff Slaughter I took a lot from my loss into game 5 where I beat Gristlegore. 

Here’s a few tips I think can help:

1. Ignore the General. Deploy 27’ away turn 1 leaving them unable to declare a charge.  Ask and measure your threat ranges.

2. If the general has monstrous vigour spell, prioritise this over unholy vitality as your unbind attempt. 

3. Deploy a boat in your deployment zone and a scryer in order to better have a successful ritual and disable fly. 

4. Deploy your boats 6’ infront of objectives in certain scenarios to protect against pile ins. 

5. Play the mission. It’s a 4 model army and we can easily be up on scenario by the time the Dragon catches up to us. 

6. Hit the Arch Regent and his 20 ghoul body guard. Left unprotected normally and can take away support casting. 

7. Split your eels. Either side of the board. The general can’t be everywhere at once and it makes him choose. The other 9 eels should be able to fight the other dragons. 

8. Keep an eye on their command points. Each feeding frenzy burns one. 

9. Under no circumstances charge the general in our turn. Do not feed him outside of his turn. 

I’m at Heat one this weekend and if anyone wishes to chat Deepkin (looking forward to it Dante) then just approach me! I expect to see you all on the top tables!

#Darlingofthedeep

JT

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Carrion King said:

Hey guys!

I’ve been reading through the posts and seen confusion as to whether or not High Tide goes before Mr Gristlegore. After my Game with Mr Johnson I can 100% confirm Mr Gristlegore goes first in both turns. Forever and always. 

The new FEC book is strong but the meta will counter it for us. We just need to be ready when we raid ghoul shores.  Having played FEC twice now at Sheff Slaughter I took a lot from my loss into game 5 where I beat Gristlegore. 

Here’s a few tips I think can help:

1. Ignore the General. Deploy 27’ away turn 1 leaving them unable to declare a charge.  Ask and measure your threat ranges.

2. If the general has monstrous vigour spell, prioritise this over unholy vitality as your unbind attempt. 

3. Deploy a boat in your deployment zone and a scryer in order to better have a successful ritual and disable fly. 

4. Deploy your boats 6’ infront of objectives in certain scenarios to protect against pile ins. 

5. Play the mission. It’s a 4 model army and we can easily be up on scenario by the time the Dragon catches up to us. 

6. Hit the Arch Regent and his 20 ghoul body guard. Left unprotected normally and can take away support casting. 

7. Split your eels. Either side of the board. The general can’t be everywhere at once and it makes him choose. The other 9 eels should be able to fight the other dragons. 

8. Keep an eye on their command points. Each feeding frenzy burns one. 

9. Under no circumstances charge the general in our turn. Do not feed him outside of his turn. 

I’m at Heat one this weekend and if anyone wishes to chat Deepkin (looking forward to it Dante) then just approach me! I expect to see you all on the top tables!

#Darlingofthedeep

JT

thank you for the info! I hope the battles are going good!

• LOVE IT! 1

On 2/28/2019 at 12:27 AM, Carrion King said:

Hey guys!

I stand corrected- it’s also confirmed in the flesh eater courts faq today (and definitely trumps the idoneth faq) 

Hi all thanks for all your advices and answer, so i have my first 1250 tournament in 3weeks and i think about my idoneth list but dont know how too create a competitive 1250pt list, i think about reverse tide with tidecaster general but dont know if its good in Low point game? thanks for help

So because I'm a sucker for models, the Order faction and a deal. I got myself a Deepsurge Raiding Party (nearly got 2) box and a SC box.

Initially I'll be playing them because I like the way they look but hopefully the sharks become better value over the eels, but I can shout "Eels" over the table at my opponents like Old Gregg.

Has anyone found success with short ranged Reavers at all?

• Like 1

Hi Everbody

I was just part of a fairly long Deepkin interview with Ben Spinetti and Anthony Magro talking all things Deepkin.  It should be well worth a listen for new players and the more experienced players should gain something too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHC3vnMShJE&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR2QzGcAJ8Ns_eGaQI0bQcz1R2rxS1ZG-M7rbGuGBdknpCo3eBR_6Bt4kYo

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Kenvs said:

Hi Everbody

I was just part of a fairly long Deepkin interview with Ben Spinetti and Anthony Magro talking all things Deepkin.  It should be well worth a listen for new players and the more experienced players should gain something too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHC3vnMShJE&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR2QzGcAJ8Ns_eGaQI0bQcz1R2rxS1ZG-M7rbGuGBdknpCo3eBR_6Bt4kYo

Beat me to it Ken... and thanks for being a great guest who shared so much wisdom

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Carrion King said:

We won one!!!! Fantastic to not only meet but play @DantePQ  Great player and already looking forward to the rematch at the finals! Deepkin on the rise people!!!! See you at High Tide!

- Darling of the Deep

JT

BE4968B4-44F1-4F8B-B3C7-A25FCEFF7631.jpeg

C5C398F3-7D82-4AEF-B6A7-F68435FC329F.jpeg

Is there a link to this event I would like to see that top lists

Well Carrion Kings list is on the Honest Wargamers website. In the list rundown section. It’s labelled as the one that won heat 1.

https://thehonestwargamer.com/aos-list-rundowns/namartmyheart-heat-1-winning-list/

2 hours ago, Incineroar87 said:

Im def interested to see what lists Deepkin players bought for that event.

Really loving the variety we have presently.

• Like 1