AoS 2 - Sylvaneth Discussion

Chris Tomlin

3 hours ago, Popisdead said:

Mark of a good person.  Kudos for being an adult CarkFish.

Ha! ... Thanks, I just feel very strongly that we should be helping each other here, not using it as a platform to flex our geek superiority for dopamine ... But Gaz was right, I could have handled it better

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Coming back to play after roughly 2 years and I'm very confused with all the faq and re-faqs and books all over the place touching on Sylvaneth rules and from watching battle reports but..

How do the trees work now? Can you place one model and be done with it? Do you have to have them with all 3 models atleast? - I've seen both ways in recent battle reports..

And what are the distances with the initial trees + summoned? Also very confused!

12 hours ago, States said:

Coming back to play after roughly 2 years and I'm very confused with all the faq and re-faqs and books all over the place touching on Sylvaneth rules and from watching battle reports but..

How do the trees work now? Can you place one model and be done with it? Do you have to have them with all 3 models atleast? - I've seen both ways in recent battle reports..

And what are the distances with the initial trees + summoned? Also very confused!

BT + last FAQ. Navigate through realmroots still exists, but for woods, you take the warscroll from FAQ (which is also the one in the new AoS App). 

1-3 trees. If an awakened wyldwood consists of more than 1 tree, each tip must touch each other (thus forming a circle). Yes, you can use a single tree.

Initial trees: wholly within your territory, more than 3" from objectives and other terrain. 

Summon: You have to take into consideration the way it is set up (for TLA's ability for example) adding to it the following: more than 3" from models, objectives, terrain features, endless spells, invocations. 

They block LoS for models if you have 3" terrain between the 2 models, with the exception of models with 10+ wounds (TLA and Durthu are targetable and not subject to blocking LoS). Sylvaneth models do not have LoS blocked (you can shoot from inside).

You deal mws at the end of the charge phase, for each unit w/o sylvaneth keyword at 1" within, adding 2 if there is a wizard or endless spell within 6". On a 6+, d3 mw.

And Spirit Paths is a bit changed as they changed the wholly within to within for big trees. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Rare that I get a game in, and looking for a little help in a game I had the other day.

Me: The original Mathmallow list, namely:

Alarielle, Warsong, Wraith, 3x 5Tree Revs, 6Bows. Cogs, Spellportal, Skullroot. Gnarlroot.

Him: Soulblight, namely:

Neferata, Vhordrai, 60 zombies, 2 x5 blood knights, 10 skeletons, some heroes.

Game was basically over by end of turn three. I just didn't have the bodies to score objectives and keep my opponent off them.

Getting Warsong bombs off were really great, but it takes a lot of set up.

I never got any Dryads summoned the whole game!

Tree Revs can block a unit for a single turn or take an objective, then next turn they are gone.

Once those zombies have got to an objective, it's lost to me. Even focussing all my damage output, it's going to take multiple turns to get through them all, and prevent me doing anything else.

Bows sat on an objective, and were immediately threatened by teleporting blood knights. Glass cannon vs inert rock means it's a melee slow grind where the Knights just about keep scoring the objective.

Neferata and Vhordrai have enough healing that I either need to focus fire them down or try to ignore them. If he had played it better, he could easily have pinned Alarielle with them both.

His little heroes all fell via the Warsong bombs, but I never felt like those heroes were giving any advantage.

The woods felt a little pointless. We both had enough mobility to get to all the objectives quickly. I only had 2 woods the whole game and never felt I needed more.

Worse case scenario. If he takes first turn and keep everything in the grave, then it's entirely possible for him to immediately get every objective. That feels instant game over.

I'm thinking I took a list optimised for a meta I wasn't playing against. Skullroot didn't help much and the cogs felt like they were backup I didn't need (I always used to feel similar about taking a second wraith).

I definitely got a few things wrong. Alarielle got stuck in combat - I need to retreat with her. I also summoned the wrong group, Dryads would have been better than some Kurnoths.

I'm wondering what else to change.

I think I need to learn to focus fire better to take out the big threats in one go.

For now maybe drop some spells and replace with more bodies. (dryads?)

I'd like to make the wraith summoning better. But to do that I'd have take things away from the Warsong. Instead, maybe dropping the wraith for 10 dryads would have helped.

Thoughts?

Edited by a74xhx

On 12/4/2021 at 4:30 AM, a74xhx said:

Rare that I get a game in, and looking for a little help in a game I had the other day.

Thoughts?

What are you expecting more bodies to do?  I'm not certain dryads are going to do more than just die from attrition  or,.. well faster.  Don't fixate on summoning them.  I'm not sure I've summoned these days more than 10 and it was late game as a lark.  

Tree Revs blocking for a single turn is what you expect from them.  

Between Alarielle, the bow hunters, spells you should be dealing with the synergistic threats you are removing.  That way Alarielle can go deal with threats as a combat beast in turns 3-5.  I've faced hard units of 30 hard-to-shift units before and alone they can sit on one.  Between me capping other objectives and getting my objectives I didn't really have a great concern?  

I'm not sure what Blood Knights do but I wasn't sure how your bows were immediately threatened if you had Tree Reventants.  Also they could unleash hell and would have gotten rr saves (are blood nights -2 or -3 rend?).  Did 5 Blood Knights take out 6 Hunters one turn?

I would say since this was a rare game for you, a single game isn't a good test sample.  If you are unhappy with the list and playstyle by all means consider changes if you have the models.  I found the list in a casual competitive setting this list is incredibly strong.  My closest opponent however is the top player around so we have some good analytical conversations.  

What was your primary?  Keep at least one caster alive?  Alarielle hasn't been this strong.  Oh also she can drop 20 Dryads.  If you plop them near your place of power they should survive 2 turns.

Just,.. keep at it, and don't get too discouraged from one loss.  Try to think if you did a few things different could the outcome have been different?

• 2 weeks later...

Good evening, watchful avengers of the glades!

Sorry if this is not the smartest question, but is there even a good and comprehensive way to get into Sylvaneth now? If I understood correctly, the current tome is slightly outdated as it doesn't contain the Warsong Revenant and Alarielle's new profile, so I'd have to get the tome, a BR volume and keep an eye on the FAQ. 

Bonus question: is there a hardback version of the tome available? The German seems to exist only as softback..

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kaylethia said:

@Maogrim The AoS app is looking like the definitive warscroll authority. 

My english Battletome is hardback, I couldn't tell based on the german webstore entry though.

I don't like to pay for apps but I guess it's better than buying a Broken Realms volume that I'm not much interested in otherwise. And there also doesn't seem to be a new tome on the horizon.

Is the app a buy once, or is it a monthly subscription? 

Yeah, the GW store doesn't give much information on the quality. But in other retailers' online stores I found the German one with SB in brackets and the English with HB. So I guess my assumption is right. But I'm quite fine with English anyways. I'd much rather have all my tomes in hardback than in the same language.

1 minute ago, Maogrim said:

Is the app a buy once, or is it a monthly subscription? 

The app is free, there's a subscription for extra stuff, and every new battletome comes with a code to unlock the rules in the app. 

Currently, the app has the 2.0 battletome rules unlocked for everyone, but at some point they may get locked behind the subscription.

18 minutes ago, Walkirriox said:

Point changes:

TLA 290 —>280

TL 190 —> 180

Drycha 330 —> 315

Durthu 340 —> 325

Alarielle has access to all spells from the Lore of the Deepwood.

It’s not that much, but all point reductions are welcome.

Per Kragnos she could have cast all the spells from Deepwood already. They basically nerfed her in a Grand Order army. Points are nice though.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Mokoshkana said:

Per Kragnos she could have cast all the spells from Deepwood already. They basically nerfed her in a Grand Order army. Points are nice though.

Although amusingly the Alarielle errata applies to the obsolete Sylvaneth Battletome warscroll rather than the BR Kragnos updated version. At this point either Geedubs has no idea what is happening with the faction or they are deliberately trolling Sylvaneth players. 

1 hour ago, Trevelyan said:

Although amusingly the Alarielle errata applies to the obsolete Sylvaneth Battletome warscroll rather than the BR Kragnos updated version. At this point either Geedubs has no idea what is happening with the faction or they are deliberately trolling Sylvaneth players. 

For us it doesn't change anything, but the new version is a nerf to her in living cities. Now she only know all the spell lore in a Sylvaneth army while her warscroll on BR:Kragnos didn't have this restriction. 

10 hours ago, Arzalyn said:

For us it doesn't change anything, but the new version is a nerf to her in living cities. Now she only know all the spell lore in a Sylvaneth army while her warscroll on BR:Kragnos didn't have this restriction. 

You’ve completely missed my point. The errata doesn’t change her BR Kragnos warscroll. It changes her obsolete Battletome Sylvaneth 2E warscroll. GW has errata’d the wrong book. 

They might have meant to limit her spell access in Living Cities, but GW has so lost touch with the current state of Sylvaneth rules that they don’t know which book has the latest warscrolls. 

And while someone somewhere probably only intended to align access to spells among deities, the copy text for the Warcom article makes it clear that others saw this as a buff for Alarielle because, again, they’ve got no idea that she had access to all the spells since late 2E:

And if you are taking Alarielle the Everqueen with a Sylvaneth army, or Morathi-Khaine with a Daughters of Khaine army, they will both receive access to that army’s spell lores in addition to the spells they already know.” - Warhammer Community. 

So what we really got was a handful of point reductions and an awkward reminder that GW doesn’t have a clue about the Sylvaneth faction. 

• Like 3

Army Faction: Sylvaneth

- Army Subfaction: Gnarlroot

- Grand Strategy: Beast Master

- Triumphs: +1 to wound

LEADER

Branchwraith (95)* - Artefacts: Chalice of Nectar - Spells: Verdurous Harmony

Alarielle the Everqueen (740)* - Spells: Throne of Vines

Treelord Ancient (280) - General - Command Traits: Nurtured by Magic - Spells: Regrowth

BATTLELINE

Spite-Revenants (70)*

Tree-Revenants (80)*

Tree-Revenants (80)*

BEHEMOTH

Treelord (180)

Treelord (180)

ENDLESS SPELL

Spiteswarm Hive (40)

TERRAIN

Awakened Wyldwood (0)

OTHER

Kurnoth Hunters with Kurnoth Greatswords (225)*

CORE BATTALIONS:

*Battle Regiment

Linebreaker

TOTAL POINTS: (1970/2000)

Gonna take this against some new Nurgle later today! It's very similar to what I usually take, but the new points drops allow me to take greatsword hunters instead of scythe hunters. It's a small change, but likely a pretty helpful one! 

Alrighty, time for a classic BATREP!!!! 

Our Heroes:

Spoiler

2086924764_sylvanetharmy.jpg.ac90fb4449b917c4f821460cd8a5ba90.jpg

Gnarlroot:

Alarielle
Branchwraith with 3d6 artifact
TLA warlord

2x5 tree revs
1x5 spite revs

3 SWORD Kurnoths (that's right they have swords now)

2 Treelords

Spiteswarm Hive

Linebreaker and Battle Regiment for 4 total drops

Triumph is +1 to wound, GS is keep a caster alive, and I'm 1970 points

Our Villains:

Spoiler

320088862_3-buKHVcO.jpg.36f1e10340d0a393ac2423e0d3603d7f.jpg

My opponent busted out the new nurgle for a thematic battle!

Rotigus
Rotbringer with Arcane Tome
Lord of Affliction warlord
Horticulx Slime guy

1x5 Blightkings
2x2 Pusgoyles
1x2 Beasts

1985ish points and more drops than me. GS is keep battleline alive

Deployment:

Spoiler

1410190717_4-NwPMHLV.jpg.fdd9a2665e602bf4bdffd8930c747aee.jpg

We roll up power in numbers (6 objectives, burn ones you control at end of turn, battleline is better)

I deploy like usual with the trees and Alarielle in the relative center so that they can go where they need to and the kurnoths on the left so that they can bubble out the command aura to the rest of the army. In deploying this way, I get my opponent to put Rotigus in the far corner, where I'm hoping to contain him for the game.

The flies and his general deploy into deep strike

Turn 1:

Spoiler

404383394_nurgle1.jpg.aa2897b8aca1999cfe8d638faf1df2ac.jpg

He declares monstrous takeover with rotigus and begins to slog up the board. His magic kills a couple tree revs and chips a wound off the kurnoths. He also summons a tree.

He then deepstrikes all the flies and general, but only the general makes the 9" charge into the Kurnoths, whom I deployed in the woods specifically for the additional armor save in case this happened. Between disease and regular damage, the flylord kills a kurnoth and deals like 1 more wound to the unit.

He scores 2 points and it's 2-0 nurgle into Sylvaneth turn 1

Spoiler

543660463_sylvaneth1.jpg.4c90733dca97bb78ee35697991756e7d.jpg

Alrighty, he's pinned me back and I gotta start figuring out how I'm gonna deal with his fast battleline flyers before they start stealing my objectives. I also declare monstrous takeover since I hate putting all my eggs in the slay the warlord basket.

I figure Alarielle would be able to get into the flies, maybe with a treelord, and do enough damage to pretty much eliminate them if I got a double turn.

I metamorphosize a beast of nurgle to death, resurrect a Kurnoth! and can't summon any dryads so nothing else exciting happens.

I summon 3 sword kurnoths to help safeguard my back right objective and encourage Rotigus to stay in his table quarter without getting to all my goodies.

Shooting is weak and nothing of note is done.

Everyone except Alarielle fails to charge (even with a reroll) and between her and the kurnoths, the flylord is dead and I kill another bug. Alarielle takes about 4 wounds.

I score 2 points and it's a tie game into turn 2.

I win priority and decide to take it, after much hemming and hawing

Turn 2:

Spoiler

Inkedsylv2_LI.jpg.49160a28e213360862c785677d23cb0f.jpg

I declare broken ranks on the last fly from the right unit and prepare to hit the flies with basically everything I have.

I summon 10 dryads and some trees which was very helpful.

Larry flies overhead to rear charge the flies and the treelords/kurnoths move up to bonk a bunch of flies. The kurnoths run up to kill the last beast of nurgle and force my opponent to spend at least a turn dealing with them. I also yeet some tree revs to the back left corner of the board to threaten sniping that home objective from the blightlords and getting them away from a possible rotigus long bomb charge.

Shooting does nothing (frickin Larry always chokes the wound rolls).

Combat is -ok-. The last fly dies to Larry for the bonus battle tactic point and I kill another fly from the other unit, but I don't wipe them, which means that the disease counters are gonna start being a real problem. The last fly chips a couple wounds on the Kurnoth and mortal wounds chip a few more onto various monsters. A Beast actually kills a kurnoth with disease but is wiped out.

I score 3 points and it's 5-2 Sylvaneth.

Spoiler

n2.jpg.2ff865cd13741c27ca3067f3d3d1af20.jpg

Okey dokey, time for the counterpunch.

He declares aggressive expansion for the 2 automatic points.

Magic chips some more disease point around my army and some mortal wounds to Alarielle and the bottom treelord.

He moves up to kill my right kurnoth hunters and to engage Larry with the blightlords. He also summons a beast which charges Alarielle too.

Combat is not ideal, I roll 6 1s with Alarielle and she ends the turn with 5 wounds remaining after combat and disease. The last fly dies and my summoned kurnoths are obliterated.

He burns an objective and scores 2 battle tactic points making it:

5-6 Nurgle.

He wins priority which is real bad for me

Turn 3:

Spoiler

1414211573_nurgle3.jpg.bd608551c24048201dad0cc863beadd4.jpg

I remove his back right objective. He declares bring it down on Larry. Wheel of contagion is no piling in or heroic actions.

Magic does the usual smattering of mortal wounds. Rotigus moves up and ends 11" away from the summoned dryads and a treelord.

A casual 11" charge later and the treelord and dryads are now fighting the demon I was hoping to have pinned in his back corner for maybe like, I don't know, another turn or so.

Combat is absolutely brutal. Alarielle dies to disease. the kurnoths are engaged but can't fight, the treelord fighting rotigus takes 11 wounds, more MW are sprinkled around my very bracketed treelords, and he burns his back objective for 4 points.

Score is 5-13 Nurgle (2 for bring it down, 1 for monster kill, 4 objective points). 

Spoiler

s3r.jpg.a3b5e1d33e4e1ee9fa49d75459b84902.jpg

Ooooook so I need to start scoring some points. I finest hour the TLA and declare Aggressive expansion for 2 automatic points.

Magic is useless and I fail to heal anything.

I throw the treelord and TLA into the blightlords and beast to keep them away from my home objective. Everything else sort of shuffles and I re-teleport the tree revs to my back corner to guarantee me battleline bodies on my objective. Kurnoth retreat out of combat since they can't actually engage since there's no piling in. I retreat out with the treelord who just needs to survive a single 4+ roll and the dryads to keep holding my back right objective and be a real bother to rotigus.

Shooting is useless and I don't do anything.

Combat involves me murdering the beast and 1 blightlord (turns out super bracketed treelords are not great). Oh, my treelord dies to disease, of course.

I then burn my back center and right objectives, figuring that layering units in front of the leftmost one could give me an 8 point swing on turn 5.

Score is 15-13 Sylvaneth (2 for battle tactic, 8 for objective burning)

I win priority into turn 4, which is a very very big deal.

Turn 4:

Spoiler

s4r.jpg.371651eb1aa34b737bbf8a7527cac24c.jpg

Time for some Sylvaneth shenanigans!

I declare savage spearhead.

I fail to heal anything but do summon 10 more dryads!

I yeet the spite revs into his territory for easy savage spearhead. The back right unit of 2 is outside Rotigus' line of sight and also outside the picture but I promise they're there. Otherwise the Kurnoths move up to try and kill the frickin blightlords.

They don't. He casually kills a treelord with disease though.

At this point I do some fancy mental math and realize that burning my objective would pretty much seal the game for me.

Score is now 21-14 Sylvaneth (2 for savage spearhead, 4 for objective burning, he gets 1 for monster kill)

Spoiler

Inkedn4_LI.jpg.716a2c800aa7e11b6246267f9ae8b41a.jpg

He declares slay the warlord.

Rotigus moves up to charge the roadblock dryads. A beast of nurgle is summoned.

My treelord ancient dies to disease and all the blightlords are finally killed.

He scores 2 points for killing my treelord ancient but already had the bonus point for the battle round for a monster kill.

Score is 21-16 Sylvaneth.

At this point we call it. He wins turn 5 priority but can only score a maximum of 3 points for savage spearhead after metamorphosis on horticulx. I also get my grand strategy because my branchwraith lives and he doesn't get his since all his battleline is dead.

SYLVANETH WIN

Afterthoughts:

Nurgle chip damage is truly incredible and the bane of my style of army. Multiple monsters all taking 2-3 mortal wounds/turn means my save stacking is useless. The inconsistency of sylvaneth magic again rears its ugly head as I had a great turn 1 magic phase, and then never really did much else.

Dryad summoning is incredible and always has a place.

I underestimated the amount of chip damage that Larry was gonna take and her continued lack of ward save means she is always in danger of being mortal wounded to death. That being said, she still produced some much-needed early game value and I'll still take her (plus her model is insanely cool)!

Treelords struggle in this matchup. I may drop a treelord and change my existing kurnoth unit back to scythes, which would allow me to add another scythe unit to the army. This way, if I need another treelord, I can just summon one in with Alarielle. The game seems to have accelerated to the point where an extra battle point from ferocious advance will likely be offset by losing a monster to mortal wounds.

Doing this can also make this list a 2-drop, which would allow me waaay more control over turn order, something I very much like to have.

All in all, I'm reasonably pleased with how this turned out. I'm a little worried that my gnarlroot iteration may not have the output needed to handle some of the A-tier lists and with the general preponderance of mortal wounds, save stacking has lost a lot of utility.

But! There are so many interesting options available to Sylvaneth and I really like how the army pilots so expect more from them in the near future!

• Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 4

1 hour ago, Maogrim said:

Is Drycha a viable piece to build an army around? She's my favorite model from the Sylvaneth range and one of the reasons I find myself tempted again..

She is more of a ranged mortal wound source than something we usually build around. The unique no-damage related ability she has in her warscroll is a buff for the Spite revenants, but the coherency rules hurt them and there hardly a reason to taken them when for 10 extra points you can have a Tree revenants unit. She is pretty good on a Gnarlroot list, as she is a wizard and can reroll her hits of 1 to fish for some extra 6.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Since we will be waiting on new rules for likely quite some time due to GW failing to realize that Warsong has all lore of the deepwood, thinking they just gave it to Alarielle despite her already having it since June 2021, and not realizing that the Broken Realms Kragnos book errata still has the clause to remove Navigate Realmroots (which is likely the reason it still isn't in the app), I figured I would brainstorm some ideas for a 3.0 battletome that we could test in open play to keep our lives interesting.

Let me know how I did, did I fix our faction?

If there is anything you feel should just remain the same as it did in 2.0, let me know as well.

Sylvaneth Unofficial 3.0 Battletome.docx

18 hours ago, KingGatorboy said:

Since we will be waiting on new rules for likely quite some time due to GW failing to realize that Warsong has all lore of the deepwood, thinking they just gave it to Alarielle despite her already having it since June 2021, and not realizing that the Broken Realms Kragnos book errata still has the clause to remove Navigate Realmroots (which is likely the reason it still isn't in the app), I figured I would brainstorm some ideas for a 3.0 battletome that we could test in open play to keep our lives interesting.

Let me know how I did, did I fix our faction?

If there is anything you feel should just remain the same as it did in 2.0, let me know as well.

Sylvaneth Unofficial 3.0 Battletome.docx 20.02 kB · 9 downloads

Some interesting ideas. I like the Forest Spirits ambush ability.

A few things seem too overpowered to me:

• +1 to casting and a 6+ ward to all noble spirits (I think pick one or the other, and even then both are strong)
  • Free Spirits - +1 to hit and +1 to wound (again only pick one)
  • Ironbark +1 wounds - This makes Dryads disgustingly efficient as tarpits. Between all their existing save stacking and the +1 you propose in here thanks to Forest Folk, 20 wounds for 95 points is just crazy good. Like 30 Dryads would be 10 more wounds than a unit of Pink Horrors for only 35 points more with a 4+ ignore rend save instead of horrors 6+

In other cases I don't have a great sense of whether they are balanced or not, and/or I don't feel strongly.

1 hour ago, King Dust said:

Some interesting ideas. I like the Forest Spirits ambush ability.

A few things seem too overpowered to me:

• +1 to casting and a 6+ ward to all noble spirits (I think pick one or the other, and even then both are strong)
  • Free Spirits - +1 to hit and +1 to wound (again only pick one)
  • Ironbark +1 wounds - This makes Dryads disgustingly efficient as tarpits. Between all their existing save stacking and the +1 you propose in here thanks to Forest Folk, 20 wounds for 95 points is just crazy good. Like 30 Dryads would be 10 more wounds than a unit of Pink Horrors for only 35 points more with a 4+ ignore rend save instead of horrors 6+

In other cases I don't have a great sense of whether they are balanced or not, and/or I don't feel strongly.

I'm unsure if a 6+ ward is necessarily too overpowered. Many factions have faction-wide wards, whereas this is only on the wizards. But if I had to choose one or the other, the 6+ ward would be fine I guess. The idea is that they will probably get rid of throne of vines or nerf it at some point, so a +1 to all wizards near a wyldwood would be nice for the wizards that are encouraged not to stay in one place while the ward is for the two noble spirits (treelords and tree-revenants) who are not wizards.

Free spirits, probably the +1 to hit if I had to pick one since it follows the pattern of what we currently have available with all the rerolls.

The idea is if the +1 to save near wyldwoods were to happen, GW would probably just remove the ability from their warscroll to avoid stacking tbh. I just didn't really want to meddle too much with warscrolls. I would even consider a point nerf on dryads if I were looking into the warscrolls.

The most important thing in my opinion is for everything in the faction to at least do something near wyldwoods.

Thank you for the response by the way :) I will certainly start devising an errata with any feedback you and others have. The main purpose with this is that I'm tired of us not having any new 3.0 rules at all.

2 hours ago, KingGatorboy said:

I'm unsure if a 6+ ward is necessarily too overpowered. Many factions have faction-wide wards, whereas this is only on the wizards. But if I had to choose one or the other, the 6+ ward would be fine I guess. The idea is that they will probably get rid of throne of vines or nerf it at some point, so a +1 to all wizards near a wyldwood would be nice for the wizards that are encouraged not to stay in one place while the ward is for the two noble spirits (treelords and tree-revenants) who are not wizards.

Free spirits, probably the +1 to hit if I had to pick one since it follows the pattern of what we currently have available with all the rerolls.

The idea is if the +1 to save near wyldwoods were to happen, GW would probably just remove the ability from their warscroll to avoid stacking tbh. I just didn't really want to meddle too much with warscrolls. I would even consider a point nerf on dryads if I were looking into the warscrolls.

The most important thing in my opinion is for everything in the faction to at least do something near wyldwoods.

Thank you for the response by the way :) I will certainly start devising an errata with any feedback you and others have. The main purpose with this is that I'm tired of us not having any new 3.0 rules at all.

Yeah I don't think 6+ Ward by itself is too strong, just that it is still a strong and compelling ability without the +1 to cast.

And yeah I really like the idea of augmenting the buffs to "near wyldwoods" abilities, it really reinforces the "don't mess with the trees when they are in the trees" vibe of the Sylvaneth.

The +1 wound being subfaction specific means that you can't fix it with a points nerf unfortunately. Because it's not like ironbark dryads would be pointed differently to dryads of another glade. Maybe something like a 6+ ignore last wound taken? (so for 1 wound models this functions as a 6+ ward, but is otherwise not as powerful)

I just know if I were playing your rules I'd never not be running 80-100 dryads in Ironbark haha

Thanks for posting the ideas though, cool fodder for rule fantasies!

• Like 1

My wife bought me half a Sylvaneth army for christmas and i dont know much about them to be honest. I know i need some more battleline options and im thinking of getting just a box of dryads to reach the minimum requirement needed. I am just a casual player and i dont really care for matched play but i do like synergy in my armies or a fun theme. I plan on choosing a glade and build around that. I need some advice on this army so i know what to build towards.

These are the models i own now and i havent build anything yet:
1 Treelord box
1 Kurnoth Hunters box
16 Dryads
1 Qulathis the Exile
1 Alarielle
1 Warsong Revenant

I also own a box of Wild Riders i want to ally in for open play.

1. What glades could i choose based on these models? 
2. Do i need to buy the trees? I dont mind buying a box but i dont want to buy multiples if i dont have to.

Thanks!

Edit: Forgot to mention i also own a Branchwych.

Edited by Iksdee