AoS 2 - Beasts of Chaos Discussion

Gaz Taylor

2 minutes ago, Kazimer said:

But I CAN give my Doombull/Beast Lord a relic from Khorne book, right?

they dont meet the keyword requirements, BoK needs either demon + khorne , khorne+ mortal or bloodbound.

i like to give my doombull the ghyran relic with +1/+1 ghyrfan g or something?

For Brass Desp. Go with Doombull to benefit from the reroll, but bring an additional Beastlord who is not part of the Battalion.

Since BL has inbuilt rerolls for his paired axes, you can equip him with Mutated Gnarlbade as you please, while you can put a different relic onto your DB  thanks to having the extra item slot granted by the Battalion (I like the Axe, but the cloak of +2 to charge rolls is a very strong contender as well, especially if you run DB solo without any Bullgor retinue.)

Edited by Myrdin

3 hours ago, Myrdin said:

For Brass Desp. Go with Doombull to benefit from the reroll, but bring an additional Beastlord who is not part of the Battalion.

Since BL has inbuilt rerolls for his paired axes, you can equip him with Mutated Gnarlbade as you please, while you can put a different relic onto your DB  thanks to having the extra item slot granted by the Battalion (I like the Axe, but the cloak of +2 to charge rolls is a very strong contender as well, especially if you run DB solo without any Bullgor retinue.)

Why would you want to omit the Beastlord from the Battalion??

There's really no reason for it. Having the Beastlord in the battalion doesn't prevent you from equipping him with the Gnarlblade.

6 minutes ago, The_Yellow_Sign said:

Why would you want to omit the Beastlord from the Battalion??

There's really no reason for it. Having the Beastlord in the battalion doesn't prevent you from equipping him with the Gnarlblade.

My bad. BD has limit of 1-4 heroes, but I got it mixed with Desolating Beastherd where you can have only 1  of them (BL or DB)

Edited by Myrdin

7 hours ago, Myrdin said:

If he's playing BoK then he can't take the Gnarlblade anyway because that's a Great Fray specific item. 

12 hours ago, Kazimer said:

It was FAQed that they only need the Khorne keyword, in homogenizing the three sets of gear they inadvertently also allowed Beasts of Chaos to benefit, as far as I can tell.

That's not quite what the FAQ says - what it changed is each specific table isn't limited to a type of Khorne hero but each one of the tables still specifically tells you who can or cannot equip it. Basically it means you don't need a mortal khorne hero for murderous artifacts or a demon khorne hero for demonic weapons. However you still have to be a Khorne Mortal Hero to take a murderous artifact. A beastlord or doombull does not qualify. 

12 hours ago, Kazimer said:

It was FAQed that they only need the Khorne keyword, in homogenizing the three sets of gear they inadvertently also allowed Beasts of Chaos to benefit, as far as I can tell.

where where!!! I'd be all over it!!!

as it is, currently I think not. Azyr definitely won't let you pick an artifact, although you could have the doombull as your general within the brass despoilers in a khorne army.

It's a pity as thematically it makes so much sense.  I've written to the FAQ team to ask if they could clarify / re-look at the wording for the next round of FAQ's. :)

1 hour ago, SwampHeart said:

That's not quite what the FAQ says - what it changed is each specific table isn't limited to a type of Khorne hero but each one of the tables still specifically tells you who can or cannot equip it. Basically it means you don't need a mortal khorne hero for murderous artifacts or a demon khorne hero for demonic weapons. However you still have to be a Khorne Mortal Hero to take a murderous artifact. A beastlord or doombull does not qualify. 

So how exactly does that change anything then? If you still need to be a mortal khorne hero to take a mortal khorne hero artifact, then why change the wording at all? The pre-reqs are still all needed if that's the case.

19 minutes ago, Kazimer said:

So how exactly does that change anything then? If you still need to be a mortal khorne hero to take a mortal khorne hero artifact, then why change the wording at all? The pre-reqs are still all needed if that's the case.

The FAQ was for clarity and simplicity - its there so that the BoK artifact section reads like more modern tomes where they simply say 'If you army has any <keyword> hero  you may select blah blah blah'. It wasn't a change to who can take artifacts, just a change to keep the wording consistent. 

4 hours ago, Kaleb Daark said:

It's a pity as thematically it makes so much sense.  I've written to the FAQ team to ask if they could clarify / re-look at the wording for the next round of FAQ's. :)

To be fair Skaven with Nurgle keyword haven't been able to use Nurgle items/traits and the nurgle books been out for a half year longer than BoC.

Except the Verminlord since he's a daemon (and also NOT skaven!)

Edited by kenshin620
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Kazimer said:

My understanding was that it is clarifying that stuff like daemonic gifts counts as an artefact for the battleplans where you need an artefact

9 hours ago, ageofpaddsmar said:

Hi guys ive started beasts. I want to play awhile with pure beasts then move on to a heavy beast khorne army. Just a quick question do any of you have any idea if khorne will get a new book soon. Seems unlikely but with new scrolls coming in wrath and rapture i dont want to waste money on the battle tome

Well Blades of Khorne is very new so highly unlikely. They have many other battletomes that needs an update before Khorne. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ageofpaddsmar said:

Just wondered as there will now be a few scrolls in there that are changed

I doubt that Gw will release a new battletome for khorne.

although it would make the next year more interesting if they’d get one to the next ghb release  instead of stormcast.

Edited by Skreech Verminking

Well hopefully there will be no more Stormcast sh*t for a while. They already have more then double the units and such to choose from.

Personally I would love to see the old Empire get a proper Battletome. The models are all there, just need to give them updated rules just like they did with BoC and the army is ready to rock n roll. No reason for GW to have models for sale that have no rules thus no reason for people to buy them (other than for collecting and converting).

Edited by Myrdin
  • Like 1