AoS 2 - Soulblight Discussion

RuneBrush

11 hours ago, Sception said:

Vyrgos Dynasty, eh?  To me, that sounds like we will indeed be seeing bloodlines - now apparently called 'Dynasties' - in the new Soulblight book, but new ones, not the same as the oldhammer bloodlines.  At the same time, though, I personally expected the only named dynasties to be inherited from the three big named vampire special characters in the current Legions of Nagash book - Nef, Manny, and Vhordrai - and 'Vyrgos' doesn't sound like any of those, so that's interesting.  Radukar would then presumably be from the same 'dynasty'.  Unfortunately we can't draw too much insight into what the Vyrgos are about generally from this guy, since his specific rat gimmick seems to derive more from the nature of his transformation rather than something he inherited from his vampyric progeniter. 

The three little vamps are also Vyrgos so seems that dynasty is a feral beastial one.  

Vyrgos vampire seems like a crossover between Old world Strigoi and Von Carstein lineage. Instead of Ghouls and Crypt Horrors (because they are now a faction of their own) we got a more animalistic theme on them and they keep all the ferals models that was in the old vampire counts line.  There is a pagan/dark druid theme on them that I very much like. As for AoS rules, maybe the Vyrgos are only a dynasty in the next Gravelord battletome and the models are just for Cursed city, then Radukar and the like counts as generic vampire lords etc..

So for soulblight dynasties we got Vyrgos but I'm sure we can include Nulhamians( Neferata-old Lamhian vibe), Carstinians (Mannfred- old Sylvania...i still think, given Manfred nature that they are the new Necrarch). For Vordrhai or the Blood dragon...I don't know. Those two seems rather independant (one is bound to his castle and the other don't leave his mountain) so I can't quite see a dynasty which derivate from them, even if I'd love an old Blood dragon- vampire warrior theme for a dynasty.

• Like 1

Vhordrai is bound to his castle, but the castle can appear anywhere, like dracula's castle in the castlevania show, and his vampiric descendants aren't necessarily tied to it like he is.  He could work perfectly well as the patron of a martial dynasty.  We'll just have to see, though.

2 minutes ago, Tizianolol said:

Any chance

Nobody told me there was math today...

😰😱😭

My pendulum leads me to suspect a new tome to have dropped till x-mas. 
people have calculated the outstanding books for AoS and 40k and speculated sometime after AoS 3.0 

We know the faction will be called "Soulblight Gravelords", we know that it is currently planned for release "later this year" (though it could yet be delayed), and we know the faction will include more than just vampire units (deathrattle units, including specifically wight kings, have been confirmed).  Beyond that, we don't know much yet,

US store is similar.  The old Krell model (aka 'wight king with black axe') is also gone, which makes a full purge of the pre-end-times special characters.  I'm not convinced it means the new battle tome release is imminent, though.  The finecast one-winged generic vampire lord and wight king on skeletal steed are both still available for sale, even though we know both of those will be getting new plastic models.  The existing skeleton warriors and zombie horde boxes are also still up.

I personally still expect we'll be looking at a November or maybe even December release.  But we'll see.

Someone put in the rumour thread about how soupy gravelords could be as a faction and whether it could look like cities of sigmar in a way?

I think that's a good shout! (Definitely if they put flesheater courts in). There's likely to be be a fair few new models to go with deathrattle, deadwalkers, deadmages, soulblight..quite a lot to choose from.

I feel they'll be a fair few new units, no FEC, but some cuts too.

2 hours ago, CDM said:

no FEC, but some cuts too.

I hope FEC stays feral and far from Soulblight... I liked the idea of vampires being terrified of being infected by the madness. It was a great fluff decision by GW...

cuts and redesigns in the vamp roster is about time and I hope they continue the way they are trodding. Wightking on steed looks great and old school, feral vampthralls look dynamic and the lords look creepy crazy.

even if I need to get used to new stuff after 25 years of grimdark WHF, I think the AoS redesign into a kinda more comic, more castlevania style will be a Good change.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Honk said:

I hope FEC stays feral and far from Soulblight... I liked the idea of vampires being terrified of being infected by the madness. It was a great fluff decision by GW...

cuts and redesigns in the vamp roster is about time and I hope they continue the way they are trodding. Wightking on steed looks great and old school, feral vampthralls look dynamic and the lords look creepy crazy.

even if I need to get used to new stuff after 25 years of grimdark WHF, I think the AoS redesign into a kinda more comic, more castlevania style will be a Good change.

I really hope FEC get fleshed out  ( pun very much intented!)  there is loads of scope for them to have a wave. Even a small one.

Thralls were oft mentioned for a future soulblight expansion but I suppose that can be covered by the new bestial vampires.

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

I would love some more variety in the fec roster, maybe a third Knight class or a second battleline would be great.

it then of course needs to be integrated well, what role and how to position to a classic mob like the ghouls? Another elite might be simpler... no really inspired right now. If vermins are a thing for SB I’d like to see bats, rats  in fec too, wolves don’t really know, but sure Heinrich der Herrliche needs his beloved hunting dogs, while cleansing the country of monsters...

For SB I like the idea of feral thralls as shown for cursed city. I still hope for the incorporation of mortals and bloodknights as herolevel elite, like varanguard...

please Nagash, in your infinite wisdom, make it cool and interesting

🙇‍♂️🧙🏼‍♂️🧛🏻‍♂️🧟‍♀️🙇‍♂️

7 minutes ago, Honk said:

I would love some more variety in the fec roster, maybe a third Knight class or a second battleline would be great.

it then of course needs to be integrated well, what role and how to position to a classic mob like the ghouls? Another elite might be simpler... no really inspired right now. If vermins are a thing for SB I’d like to see bats, rats  in fec too, wolves don’t really know, but sure Heinrich der Herrliche needs his beloved hunting dogs, while cleansing the country of monsters...

For SB I like the idea of feral thralls as shown for cursed city. I still hope for the incorporation of mortals and bloodknights as herolevel elite, like varanguard...

please Nagash, in your infinite wisdom, make it cool and interesting

🙇‍♂️🧙🏼‍♂️🧛🏻‍♂️🧟‍♀️🙇‍♂️

Very much excited about the vampires definitely. Although I really don't like the bat hair lord! The underworlds warband looks amazing. I hope to see that as the standard vampire level. Running around in small groups or on their own.

Although it's customary now from GW to have lots of support hero's at elites level so I could see that also for vamps.

Vampire lord

Vampire knights/hero's 

Bloodknights

Vyrkos style feral vamps

Vargskyrs

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Raptor_Jesues said:

Do you guys think that we are going to get him back in the new book?

Lord on dragon us cool and stuff... but if they relaunch Soulblight, I hope they bring new exciting variety. Abyssal Terror fluff is unknown to me, but the more the merrier...