20 Chainrasp Hordes 160

20 Chainrasp Hordes 160

20 Chainrasp Hordes 160

Other
4 Chainghast 160

12 Mymourn Banshees 210

Army total 2000

Nice ideas on the lists

but you get 1 command point for your army in general + 1 per hero phase + 1 per battalion + 1 per 50p under 2000p so your first list should have 4 cp after setup + 1 per your own hero phase 

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Ahn-ket said:

Nice ideas on the lists

but you get 1 command point for your army in general + 1 per hero phase + 1 per battalion + 1 per 50p under 2000p so your first list should have 4 cp after setup + 1 per your own hero phase 

An army that has no additional CP given to them by Battalions or added due to 50pts not being spend starts with zero command points.

You generate them at the hero phase, and get none 'naturally' for your army.

This means his first list has 3 CP at the start of the game due to his 3 battalions and is correct.  At the start of his hero phase he will generate an additional and be at 4 CP, but this is important because if he goes second for instance, he only has his 3 CP until he generates that 4th one.

Likewise, if you bring no battalions and are at full points... you start the game with zero CP and have to wait until you generate one in your hero phase.  This is a small but important distinction, as if you charge and do damage first turn before your opponent has any CP, he can't do things like inspiring presence as he has no CP.

This means the second list only has 2 CP instead of three due to only 2 battalions and no spare points.

Well, here's my first crack at a actually decent Nighthaunt list. I know it'll need some finetuning, but at the moment, I have a good feeling about it.

HERO:
Guardian of souls (140)
-General
-CT: Cloaked in Shadow
-Relic: Beacon of Nagashizzar
-Spell: Spirit Cage

Knight of Shrouds (140)
-Relic: Midnight Tome
-Spell: Soulcage

Spirit Torment (120)

Guardian of Souls (140)
-Spell: Shademists

BATTLELINE:
40 Chainrasp (280)
40 Chainrasp (280)
30 Grimghast Reapers (360)

UNITS:
12 Myrmourn Banshees(210)
4 Chaingheists(160)

BATTALIONS:
Chainguard(120)

1,950/2000
2 CP

General idea here is to overwhelm the enemy via deepstriking, than dragging along the rest of my army via ethereal summoning. Depending on the situation, Chainrasps can either hide in the back and camp objectives, or slowly march up the field. Either way, it'll be hard for the enemy to smash through so many bodies, and if need be, they can plow their way up the field.

Spirit torment can go where I need it, either buffing the Grimghasts, Myrmourns or Chainrasps. Chaingheists can hang out with him, while pestering enemies with 4d3 shots. It'll be weird shooting stuff, thats for certain.

KoS will be my frontline general, generally landing in and summoning minions forth. Has spells to help pin and dispell as needed. Second GoS will do a lot of the same, although he'll be more defensive.

Thoughts?

P.S. tried out the technique of layering 3:1 Lahmian and Incubi over hexwraith that peachy showed, and wow, does it look good.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Undeadly said:

Well, here's my first crack at a actually decent Nighthaunt list. I know it'll need some finetuning, but at the moment, I have a good feeling about it.

HERO:
Guardian of souls (140)
-General
-CT: Cloaked in Shadow
-Relic: Beacon of Nagashizzar
-Spell: Spirit Cage

Knight of Shrouds (140)
-Relic: Midnight Tome
-Spell: Soulcage

Spirit Torment (120)

Guardian of Souls (140)
-Spell: Shademists

BATTLELINE:
40 Chainrasp (280)
40 Chainrasp (280)
30 Grimghast Reapers (360)

UNITS:
12 Myrmourn Banshees(210)
4 Chaingheists(160)

BATTALIONS:
Chainguard(120)

1,950/2000
2 CP

General idea here is to overwhelm the enemy via deepstriking, than dragging along the rest of my army via ethereal summoning. Depending on the situation, Chainrasps can either hide in the back and camp objectives, or slowly march up the field. Either way, it'll be hard for the enemy to smash through so many bodies, and if need be, they can plow their way up the field.

Spirit torment can go where I need it, either buffing the Grimghasts, Myrmourns or Chainrasps. Chaingheists can hang out with him, while pestering enemies with 4d3 shots. It'll be weird shooting stuff, thats for certain.

KoS will be my frontline general, generally landing in and summoning minions forth. Has spells to help pin and dispell as needed. Second GoS will do a lot of the same, although he'll be more defensive.

Thoughts?

P.S. tried out the technique of layering 3:1 Lahmian and Incubi over hexwraith that peachy showed, and wow, does it look good.

Cool idea to make the mKoS a wizard.  Gives you spell casting, but also gives you more unbind and dispel attempts to help keep those pesky mortal wounds from sniping your character with enemy spells.

That's pretty similar to my list. This is my first crack at it;

Leaders

Knight of Shrouds on Etheral Steed - 140 (General, Ruler of the Spirit Host, Midnight Tome)
Guardian of Souls w/Latern - 140
Vampire w/Fly - 140 (Ally)
Vampire w/Fly - 140 (Ally)

Battleline

30 Grimghast Reapers - 360
40 Chainrasp Horde - 280
10 Chainrasp Horde - 80
10 Chainrasp Horde - 80

Other

12 Myrmourn Banshees - 210
15 Bladegheist Revenants - 270
4 Chainghasts - 160

The idea being the additional vampires plus knight of shrouds means I could add +2 attacks to any squad when needed. 4 Unbinds. 3 squads get back 2d3 models per turn thanks to the vamps who are solid CC support characters too. Chainghasts provide some solid missile and anti-horde units. The General being able to recreate d3 of them means that you have to kill the whole unit to get rid of it. The Banshees are insanely solid (especially with the cp attack buffs). Bladegheists feel super good for their point cost. After playtesting I'm sure some stuff will change but I think this is a good place to start.

Maybe I will go with something along the lines of:

Guardian of Souls - 140
Guardian of Souls - 140
Knight of Shrouds on Steed - 140
Spirit Torment - 120
Dreadblade Harrow - 100

Hexwraiths x5 - 160
Hexwraiths x5 - 160
Chainrasp Horde x20 - 160
Grimghast Reapers x20 - 280
Myrmourn Banshees x4 - 80
Chainghasts x2 - 80
Black Coach - 280

Deathriders - 130

Soulsnare Shackles - 20

1990/2000

• Like 1

That list looks somewhat similiar to what i want to run. Personally i want to squeeze in Reikenor though, probably instead of a GoS. Also i would want at least one of the hexwraiths to be a unit of 10, to benefit more from charge attacks and kosos attack buff. Maybe even both the units. I would use cogs instead of shackles to get into the melee with my desired units asap. 

1 hour ago, AverageBoss said:

Maybe I will go with something along the lines of:

Guardian of Souls - 140
Guardian of Souls - 140
Knight of Shrouds on Steed - 140
Spirit Torment - 120
Dreadblade Harrow - 100

Hexwraiths x5 - 160
Hexwraiths x5 - 160
Chainrasp Horde x20 - 160
Grimghast Reapers x20 - 280
Myrmourn Banshees x4 - 80
Chainghasts x2 - 80
Black Coach - 280

Deathriders - 130

Soulsnare Shackles - 20

1990/2000

I absolutely love that list! The only point I’m trying to tweak is:  5 hexwraiths per unit is easily deletable before you’ve had a chance of healing.

Black coach + deathless riders = YESSSSSS

The list I will be running:

Reikenor the Grimhailer dont know what spell to give him yet
10 Bladegheist Revenants
10 Bladegheist Revenants 
Shroud Guard 
Knight of Shrouds on Ethereal Steed : General with ruler of the spirit hosts and  pendant of the fell wind
Guardian of Souls with soul cage and beacon of nagishazzar
Guardian of Souls with shademist
Dreadblade Harrow 
20 Grimghast Reapers 
20 Grimghast Reapers
20 Chainrasp Hordes 
Chronomantic Cogs

1950pts

I don't have yet the battletome. I need some advice.

1.  I have one set (soul wars): is it interesting for us to get a second one?

2. What are the units/heros in the  starter set that are interesting to have in more than one ?

3. I have several former NH units: 15 Hex, 6 spirits, 1 cairn, 1 tomb banshee, 1 mourngul . Are they usefull in this battle tome wise army?

34 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

2. What are the units/heros in the  starter set that are interesting to have in more than one ?

3. I have several former NH units: 15 Hex, 6 spirits, 1 cairn, 1 tomb banshee, 1 mourngul . Are they usefull in this battle tome wise army?

both hex and s-host are still very usefull the heros that are most usefull after my believe is the GOS, KOSOES, and ST, and guess you could use more of them but i am not sure i am going to bring more then one of in a list guess it should be fore the stalkers and horde if you got one more but you can use all the hero double if you want to roll with that

51 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

1. Given you already have a decent collection, I’d say no. You probably don’t need two starter sets.

2. Guardian of Souls and Spirit Torments. It would be nice to have two of each, though we might not use them all the time.

3. All useful. Hexwraiths especially. You could get the new Black Coach and the Dreadblade Harrows when they are released and you’d have the Deathrider battalion. The rest are all good to have too. Given the starter set has only 4 Grimghasts reapers, you could use the cairnwraith and stalkers as ‘counts as’ models to give a full 10 Grimghasts to experiment with.

I think you have a nice collection to use while finding out what works.

21 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

Deathrider battalion: I've just seen that in BoLs. I'll try a full speed army with a blob of Grimghast Reapers . It seems that 30 Reapers is a solid center battleline, doesn't it?

Yes, that is right. Generally, we want one high model count unit for those missions needing them to take an objective. Reapers are a fine choice for that role.

What's the 6/30?

Having read about three different reviews of the Battletome, I am very excited for Saturday! Ordered my local store to reserve a copy, but sadly I'm moving away and so I'll have to put amassing my spectral horde to one side for the next month or two.

Typical, I wait years for a Death release, and then when it comes I can't empty my bank account to fill a bathtub with spooks! :P

After listening too the facehammer review I'm fairly certain we want big units as the heal mechanism means you need models in the unit alive to even do it. Smart players will try and focus units down. I am now wondering if we should run chainrasp  in 40s over 20s.

Edited by LordDrakonus

59 minutes ago, CoffeeGrunt said:

What's the 6/30?

the launch day of AoS 2, june 30th

during a full 24h warhammer tv live, there were many activities and  there was a painting challenge (for 2 well known GW painters, duncan and  ??? ) that I couldn't see. Has the guy been able to paint the whole box set in 24h? (the nighthaunt and while we are here the stormcast also)?