Fecund Rituculturalists (180)

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Balewind Vortex (40)
Malevolent Maelstrom (10)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 134

I've no expectations (Im v experienced with SCE but have only played Nurgle a few tournaments) but am happy to get a better grip of all the nurgley interactions. I've a feeling that we're getting a new book this year.

Any tips for running the list? I'm thinking I'll hve the GUO rolling about at the centre of the pbs to try to soak up charges. I expect to get the blades cast off r1, but not get the drones into combat and have them killed off before I can succeed with blades again :)
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, peasant said:

Horticulus is awesome saving 3+ ignoring rend-1!¡!!

I love horti lol, I know not many take him. I'm handicapped by a small collection but its my favourite painted army so I figured Id give it a whirl with my old favourite battalion and munificent wanderers

Took this list to a casual competitive game (a casual game against a close friend who is also honing tournament lists) and got absolutely smashed by his Ironjaws. Gordrakk, 5 brutes, 6 pigs, 10 ard boys, 15 ard boys, warchanta, wurgog, shaman. 

I made a few mistakes but when I put the army on the table and looked at it I said to myself...wow that’s it? It looked decent on paper, synergy, but just had absolutely no teeth. And I don’t mean offensive power I just mean nothing that scared me if I was facing against it. 

Allegiance: Nurgle
- Host of Chaos: Munificent Wanderers

Leaders
Great Unclean One (340)
- General
- Bile Blade & Doomsday Bell
- Command Trait: One Last Gift  
- Artefact: The Endless Gift  
- Lore of Virulence: Favoured Poxes
Lord of Blights (140)
- Artefact: Mucktalon  
Poxbringer Herald of Nurgle(120)
- Lore of Virulence: Glorious Afflictions
Be'Lakor (240)
- Allies

Battleline
30 x Plaguebearers (320)
10 x Plaguebearers (120)
10 x Plaguebearers (120)

Units
6 x Plague Drones (400)

Battalions
Tallyband of Nurgle (160)

Total: 1960 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 240 / 400
Wounds: 116

I’m going to tinker and fiddle. But I’m quickly realizing why I moved away from just straight maggotkin. Kind of a shame as I’m putting a LOT of time into a big GUO conversion. Tree growing out of him with roots and compost spilling out of the belly instead of guts. WIP pictures added. 

33464FBD-4B0D-45C8-885E-93AD023E1BA6.jpeg

4A15913C-8388-497A-BC30-88AF893EF2B0.png

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 3

Hey guys. Just recently started dabling with Nurgle, hoping to bring them along for tournaments this year - both singles and team events.

I won my last tournament with Fyreslayers, but decided I wanted to accept Nurgle's blessing as I have always wanted to. I'm hoping to craft a strong list, and could use some tips and pointers. I would also love some information as to what units to steer clear of, and what I should purchase next.

So far I have the Glottkin and the SC. As practice, I have teamed these up with the Pestilent Throng and got pretty much trashed hard. I don't really mind, as I am learning the ropes with Nurgle - but I could use some pointers going in.

Thank you a bunch in advance!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bharaz said:

Hey guys. Just recently started dabling with Nurgle, hoping to bring them along for tournaments this year - both singles and team events.

I won my last tournament with Fyreslayers, but decided I wanted to accept Nurgle's blessing as I have always wanted to. I'm hoping to craft a strong list, and could use some tips and pointers. I would also love some information as to what units to steer clear of, and what I should purchase next.

So far I have the Glottkin and the SC. As practice, I have teamed these up with the Pestilent Throng and got pretty much trashed hard. I don't really mind, as I am learning the ropes with Nurgle - but I could use some pointers going in.

Thank you a bunch in advance!

Honestly Sal4m4nd3r's list he brought to LVO is probably the best place to start.  Grandfather Nurgle has chosen him as his champion and blessed him with the forbidden knowledge of spreading his blessings to victory!  

Edit:  He posted his list and even synopsis above, shouldn't have to go too far back

Edited by Crowvus

15 hours ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

Took this list to a casual competitive game (a casual game against a close friend who is also honing tournament lists) and got absolutely smashed by his Ironjaws. Gordrakk, 5 brutes, 6 pigs, 10 ard boys, 15 ard boys, warchanta, wurgog, shaman. 

I made a few mistakes but when I put the army on the table and looked at it I said to myself...wow that’s it? It looked decent on paper, synergy, but just had absolutely no teeth. And I don’t mean offensive power I just mean nothing that scared me if I was facing against it

And you even had the great ally belakor :D

End of February I'm on a 3 game tournament taking my tallyband with me. Trying to give some feedback afterwards ;)

17 hours ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

I made a few mistakes but when I put the army on the table and looked at it I said to myself...wow that’s it? It looked decent on paper, synergy, but just had absolutely no teeth. And I don’t mean offensive power I just mean nothing that scared me if I was facing against it. 

Leaders
Great Unclean One (340)
- General
Lord of Blights (140)
Be'Lakor (240)
- Allies

Battleline
30 x Plaguebearers (320)
10 x Plaguebearers (120)
10 x Plaguebearers (120)

Units
6 x Plague Drones (400)

Battalions

I’m going to tinker and fiddle. But I’m quickly realizing why I moved away from just straight maggotkin. Kind of a shame as I’m putting a LOT of time into a big GUO conversion. Tree growing out of him with roots and compost spilling out of the belly instead of guts. WIP pictures added. 

33464FBD-4B0D-45C8-885E-93AD023E1BA6.jpeg

4A15913C-8388-497A-BC30-88AF893EF2B0.png

Too bad, on paper the wanderers  looked fantástic. Could It be you are used to your putrids? On the other Hand I LOVE that Guo!

22 hours ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

Leaders
Great Unclean One (340)
- General
Lord of Blights (140)
Be'Lakor (240)
- Allies

Battleline
30 x Plaguebearers (320)
10 x Plaguebearers (120)
10 x Plaguebearers (120)

Units
6 x Plague Drones (400)

Battalions

Have you considered running it (naturally with som minor adjustments for eg battalion) as a Legion of the First Prince? One of my regular opponents have started doing that and we find it to be much more competitive with better summoning, much better attrition (both returning models and harder to kill models) and overall a much more well rounded army on all accounts. Especially since you already include Be’lakor - it seem to be the better option?

@sal4m4nd3r Hey; I was googling 'Poxwalker Chaos Marauder Conversion' and you came up.  I think your conversions are really good, I saw some of the pictures you put up - I'm wondering if you would be able to link more pictures and tell me if GW or tournaments would allow for that conversion?  It would save me a lot of money.  Thanks again @sal4m4nd3r

4 hours ago, sharang2 said:

@sal4m4nd3r Hey; I was googling 'Poxwalker Chaos Marauder Conversion' and you came up.  I think your conversions are really good, I saw some of the pictures you put up - I'm wondering if you would be able to link more pictures and tell me if GW or tournaments would allow for that conversion?  It would save me a lot of money.  Thanks again @sal4m4nd3r

Of course! Happy to. I added trees (sylvaneth bits) to keep on theme with the rest of my army. But the shields, horn blower were added from the skeletons kit. I also cut off the chem tanks and any grenades they were carrying. In terms of gw sponsored events.. I was on the warhammer TV stream at adepticon with these conversions. This means warhammer community team members inspect and approved my army to be on their official twitch stream. Nobody (opponent or TO) has ever even wary of these conversions! Hope this helps! 

While I appreciate the kind words, @Crowvus! I’m hardly the best Nurgle player. Just happen to go to a lot of events and like to keep a dialogue going!!

206A933F-3EC1-4BBD-B6F0-FEA82D620AC4.jpeg

A79BDD26-53FA-42E0-877F-B2AFA257EE59.jpeg

3000F050-A87A-4F8D-B0DF-9A2542E0B85D.jpeg

82B03A1F-E08B-48FA-B855-2AEA352082B6.jpeg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

Care to share the list your going to bring? Or rather do that after the event? 

It's fine. The lists are shared before anyway ;) comments are welcome. 

Leaders
Great Unclean One (340)
- Artefact: The Witherstave
Poxbringer Herald of Nurgle (120)
- General
Lord of Blights (140)
Be'Lakor (240)
- Allies

Battleline
30 x Plaguebearers (320)
30 x Plaguebearers (320)
10 x Plaguebearers (120)
10 x Plaguebearers (120)

Battalions

Endless Spells / Terrain / CPs
Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (60)
Extra Command Point (50)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 2

• Like 1

The best thing - and seeing as a Witherstave is still better than bouncing mortals on a 6 to hit, only good thing - about Wanderers is the reducing of rend, therefore I will take it with mainly Rotbringers and just use Plaguebearers or other Daemons as rend-reducing bodyguards for my Blight Cyst. You could even have 10PBs in a row behind your BKs such that they will be in 3" of anything that engages the BKs. Then again I've always been a fan of mixed Daemon and mortal armies, I've never liked being forced down one route or another.

@sal4m4nd3r  Thank you thank you thank you so much!  I'm completely, 100% new to tabletop mini gaming, and I don't know if I'm going to go with AoS or 40k, so I figured I'd get as many things as I could that can serve double duty and Poxwalkers are half the cost of Plaguebearers (in $ - 20 Poxwalkers are about 25 dollars on eBay for 150 points as Marauders;).  Additionally, I was wondering - do you think I could use greenstuff intestines and nurgle goop (looks really easy to make, checked it out on youtube) to convert some of the dirt-cheap Easy to Build Deathguard into Blightkings?  50 bucks for 5 units is even steeper than plaguebearers.  Finally, do you think Beasts of Nurgle are any good?  At face value it seemed a lot better than a nurgling (which won't survive long enough to regenerate, probably); it seems both mobile and powerful but I have literally never played a game of AoS and am just using the Warscroll builder + LVO lists.

Also, your latest list doesn't include Marauders at all.  Were you finding them to unimpactful or asynergistic?  I'm trying to set up something decent enough as cheap as possible for approximately 1000 points using eBay, some sculpting skills, and r/Miniswap.  I currently have a Lord of Plagues and a Chaos Sorcerer as my leaders, so I'm leaning towards fielding at least one unit of Blightkings with it.  Do you have any experience stretching the blightkings kit to make two sets?

@sharang2

i think with a LOT of converting the death guard stuff could serve as Nurgle rotbringer. But the blightking kit is so legit. A pro tip is to get a bunch of cheap liberator legs and you can make a fair amount of extra blightkings with the extra torsos and bits they give you! I’d wager you could make even more just smashing a whole liberator kit with the blightkings box. 

my latest list had no marauders because I wanted to try and challenge myself and build a competitive  list using only the maggotkin book...and not “grand alliance nurgle” with slaves to darkness, monks, etc.. Marauders have some of the most insane synergy with abilities,  spells and buffs the nurgle book has to offer. It’s probably our best hammer unit and can be the best anvil unit in the game with an ability or two. 

those maruaders I showed above I was going for an escaped/abandoned prison vibe. Forging a narrative of an abandoned prison. Disease, despair, spread throughout. That attracts nurgles attention. He sends some of his followers to free them and they pledge loyalty.. hence the jumpsuit vibe. Going to strip and repaint my second unit with like a powder blue scheme for jumpsuits. Will be dope.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, sharang2 said:

@sal4m4nd3r  I see you run a Lord of Blights without any Blightkings.  Why is that?  I feel like I locked myself into blightkings because I got a Lord of Plagues hero, but it seems like you don't need the Kings to warrant the melee heroes.

Even though the lord of blights can give the blightkings a shooting attack, ironically his command ability is very very good on large sized units. Like plaguebearers, marauders, plague monks etc. my intention in the list above was the make the 1 unit of plaguebearers -4 to hit in shooting and -2 to hit in melee while kicking back mortals on 6s to hit. So a unit hitting them normally on 4s would be hitting on 6s but also doing mortals to themselves on 6s...likely doing more damage to themselves then my unit...and I would then get to heal via battalion. 

my opponent however removed over half the unit with a single spell so it didnt work as planned

the lord of plagues model is so iconic I feel everyone should own one. You can use him as a champion of a blightking unit if you like! Or as the lord of plagues. Rr1s to hit is nice on Kings. Normally it’s worth the 60 extra points for the lord of afflictions who is killier, more survivable, flies, heals and does an aura of mortal wounds 

Edited by sal4m4nd3r
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

On 2/10/2020 at 3:10 PM, sal4m4nd3r said:

You target a friendly unit and can possibly do multiple 3 mw sets..? If you multi charge. Correct? That was one of the reasoning with taking a huge unit of kings along with the points savings 

Are you talking about Degraded and Defiled, the Blessed Sons CA?  The text says

"You can use this command ability at the start of the
combat phase. If you do so, pick 1 friendly BLESSED
SONS ROTBRINGER unit wholly within 14" of a
friendly BLESSED SONS ROTBRINGER HERO with this
command ability. Then, at the end of that phase, pick 1
enemy unit
that suffered any wounds or mortal wounds
inflicted by that unit in that phase. If the combined
number of those wounds and mortal wounds is greater
than the Bravery characteristic of that enemy unit, that
enemy unit suffers 3 additional mortal wounds." 

Is there some way to get 3 sets of triggers off it?  Do I need to have multiple units of Blightkings and use the CA 3 times for 3 points?  Also, just to clarify - let's say a unit of 20 BKs charges something with armor 4+.   The front line of 10 of them can attack.  That's 30 attacks.  20 should hit; of the 20 hits 5 should be crits, That's 15 + (5d6 = approx 17)  going in; 32 or so.  2/3rds (20) of those hits will wound.  If the opponent has an armor save of 4+, 10 of those wounds should go through.  Correct me if my thinking is correct:  

I have a large unit of BKs.  I do the rough math, and figure 10 BKs will get about 10 wounds in on a 4+ save unit (assuming no FNP).  Therefore, at the start of combat, if that unit is in melee and my opponent has a bravery score less than my rough benchmark for expected damage, I will target it, and hope to get an extra 3 wounds.   Yes?  

My additional question (sorry, I can't let you go!  You're the Chosen of Nurgle, I gotta get some gifts off you) is "Does the damage dealt modify the target's bravery in any way?".  I understand that if I dealt 10 wounds, let's say against a unit of 12 opposing Blightkings, they will lose 2 models and have a Bravery of 8; if I roll a 6, they lose no additional models in battleshock (my roll of 6 + 2 kills = 8, vs their bravery of 8 + 1 for being a 10 man squad).  Let's say instead I dealt the 10 damage to an opposing 16 wounds guy; like a GUO.  I have done 10 wounds, and GUO has a bravery of 10.  Does the GUO take no additional damage?  Does the Bravery of a single model unit such as that receive NO modifiers until it finally dies; and even if it did, do those modifiers ONLY apply for Battleshock and not for other rolls that test my target's Bravery?

@Zplasha very clever list! I really like that somewhat elegant solution of fitting the witherstave and one last gift in. I honestly hadn’t thought of that. Looks like your going a max debuff list along with the healing. Have you considered a lifeswarm instead of the cp? You won’t really be needing the re 1s to save command as that’s the pbs locus. I doubt you’d use the rr 1s to hit as it isn’t a damage healing list either. Same with grandfathers blessing (GUO). And you’ll start your first turn with 2. Think maybe 2xd3 healing on one of the pb units would be nifty! 

@sharang2 haha. Thanks man. I think you’re looking into this to hard. Battleshock doesn’t come into play with the command ability. Add up total wounds dealt that phase, compare to bravery, of greater they take an additional 3 mortal wounds. Then battleshock happens. And yes even for a single model monster you would use the bravery. Single model units will never suffer from battleshock. 

2 minutes ago, sal4m4nd3r said:

@Zplasha very clever list! I really like that somewhat elegant solution of fitting the witherstave and one last gift in. I honestly hadn’t thought of that. Looks like your going a max debuff list along with the healing. Have you considered a lifeswarm instead of the cp? You won’t really be needing the re 1s to save command as that’s the pbs locus. I doubt you’d use the rr 1s to hit as it isn’t a damage healing list either. Same with grandfathers blessing (GUO). And you’ll start your first turn with 2. Think maybe 2xd3 healing on one of the pb units would be nifty! 

@sharang2 haha. Thanks man. I think you’re looking into this to hard. Battleshock doesn’t come into play with the command ability. Add up total wounds dealt that phase, compare to bravery, of greater they take an additional 3 mortal wounds. Then battleshock happens. And yes even for a single model monster you would use the bravery. Single model units will never suffer from battleshock. 

Ty. 

Sadly I need the CP really hard. Normally I would take the aetherquartz brooch instead of the required mucktalon too :(

So you are right not for rerollong 1s or anything. It's for the important run turn1 if I need that 6 or an important battleshock turn2 or 3 when the enemy is fully hitting you. And don't forget you normally want to keep LoB CA up on 2x30 plaguebearers... So you starving on CPs already... I tried the lifeswarm but for only D3 to 1 unit I felt like it isn't worth it and the 1 extra CP is worth a lot and very flexible as mentioned above. Sadly I don't have my brooch anymore...

• Like 1

@sal4m4nd3r Sorry, I know the primary concern right now for me should be to get a couple basic infantry kits, a lord or two, and get a friend to join in for a couple 500 point games.  I apologize for trying to get in so over my head, but I very much value the opinions of a highly competitive tournament player such as yourself - I tend to enjoy playing games competitively according to the ebb and flow of the 'metagame', and I don't have much fun without constraints and I love 'casual competitive' games.  I also have a huge amount of respect for someone who knows what they want to do (Play Nurgle) and then mashes 'Whatever it takes to win' with 'Winning how I want to win', as you have done both by playing Nurgle and willingly limiting your lists, *and then taking your customized, beautiful, creative list to the very top against that same metagame*.  As they say, constraint breeds creativity.  For context, just to illustrate how much I value pushing a game to its limits - I was the sixth best warrior tank in NA on WoW once upon a time, and I am currently something like the 95th best limited Magic the Gathering player on Magic: Arena.  I friggin' LOVE having a rock solid game, any game, against an opponent who knows my list and I know theirs, no surprises, only two people at the top of their game happy to compete as hard as possible and then shake hands after a good game.  I know Warhammer has a very casual scene, but after a few hundred hours of Total War I've fallen in love with the idea of how tactical (and visually spectacular!) Age of Sigmar looks and I really want to go deep on the strategic aspect/get rules clarification from a pro/semipro.  

Edited by sharang2