AoS 2 - Flesh-eater Courts Discussion

RuneBrush

49 minutes ago, Amradiel said:

Where do you like to put your Ghoul kings? On Zombie dragon or Terrorgheist?

Last Edition warning: Mostly on terrorgheist, but since my archenemy plays nurgle the zombiedragon got used more and more... also summoning in AoS 2.0 two extra varghulfs never hurt and fielding 6 „knights“ feels better than summoning 2x3 so I ended up tending towards the dragon

with the mount trait gruesome bite the gaping maw rule for the terrorgheist gets even better, feeding frenzy and ferocious hunger can result in (3+d3)x2=max 12 maw attacks (6 hits incl. 2x6s) with rerolling to hit another 3hits (incl.1 six)... that’s 18 mortal wounds with max hunger and then statistics. And 6 regular hits on top... 4 wounding hits...-2 rend d6 dmg...only the maw... 

the dragon can also dish out some nasty hits, the spell and frenzy combo fits every big hitter (9horrors), but the absurd amount of possible mortal wounds and I mean just with a good roll on the extra attacks...18MW!!! 

I will still field a dragon for summoning, but min maxing against non-bravery 10 opponents...Tgs are the go to units

8 minutes ago, Honk said:

Last Edition warning: Mostly on terrorgheist, but since my archenemy plays nurgle the zombiedragon got used more and more... also summoning in AoS 2.0 two extra varghulfs never hurt and fielding 6 „knights“ feels better than summoning 2x3 so I ended up tending towards the dragon

with the mount trait gruesome bite the gaping maw rule for the terrorgheist gets even better, feeding frenzy and ferocious hunger can result in (3+d3)x2=max 12 maw attacks (6 hits incl. 2x6s) with rerolling to hit another 3hits (incl.1 six)... that’s 18 mortal wounds with max hunger and then statistics. And 6 regular hits on top... 4 wounding hits...-2 rend d6 dmg...only the maw... 

the dragon can also dish out some nasty hits, the spell and frenzy combo fits every big hitter (9horrors), but the absurd amount of possible mortal wounds and I mean just with a good roll on the extra attacks...18MW!!! 

I will still field a dragon for summoning, but min maxing against non-bravery 10 opponents...Tgs are the go to units

Yeah I guessed both are a valid choice 😊 just one more thing to buy 😉

It isn't the same role. I mean, you are not taking an abhorrent on zombie dragon only to get a varghulf. It's a heavy hitter with high mobility an a pretty good aura spell. The archregent is support character. He is great at that, but he isn't going to perform the same role.

Edited by Kairos Tejedestinos
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Honk said:

Yes, he is such a cheesy auto-include. 200 points for 20 ghouls...and a 2x spell slinger, wait what?!?

It’s all about the bacon.  The shooting mechanics really discourage foot sloggers and the ghouls already had a serious auto-include.  I’m a little surprised the Devs didn’t ******-the-pooch and make the Archregent a never-include.

Hey guys, just an update on my list so far. Played against a really dirty 2k tzeentch list today with loads of summoning and 10 casts/turn.

My list: 

Allegiance: Flesh Eater Courts

- Grand Court: Gristlegore

Mortal Realm: Shyish

Abhorrant Ghoul King on Royal Terrorgheist (400)

- General

- Trait: Bringer of Death 

- Artefact: Ghurish Mawshard 

- Lore of Madness: Spectral Host

- Lore of Shyish: Ethereal Guide

- Mount Trait: Gruesome Bite

- Lore of Madness: Monstrous Vigour

- Lore of Shyish: Night’s Touch

Abhorrant Archregent (200) 

- Artefact: The Dermal Robe 

- Lore of Shyish: Soulshroud

Abhorrant Ghoul King (140) 

- Lore of Madness: Blood Feast

- Lore of Shyish: Soulflay

Abhorrant Ghoul King (140) 

- Lore of Shyish: Unnatural Darkness

10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)

10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)

10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)

1 x Corpse Cart (80)

- Allies

Royal Family (120)

Chronomantic Cogs (60)

Chalice of Ushoran (40)

Malevolent Maelstrom (20)

Total: 1900 / 2000

Extra Command Points: 3

Allies: 80 / 400

Wounds: 83

We played shifting objectives and I took the first turn. I summoned 3 units of knights and 20 ghouls on the primary + on the objective on the other side. I managed to get off Unholy vitality on my non general TG, got +1 attack on my general and also cast immune to magic on him. 

The game went in my favour since T1. I managed to hold all objectives by distracting him from killing my two major threats - the dragons by 3 turns. He also got the double-turn (Which we all know, is huge with tzeentch) and  also won prio-t3. 

Both of my dragons died to horrors shooting lol. Nevertheless, this just shows how strong we are in the new meta. Even though I went against a heavy magic list and a whole lot of shooting thanks to acolytes, horrors and some heroes, I had enough bodies to win on objectives easily. 

Conclusion: 

1. We absolutely SUCK against all kinds of shooting (Horrors will kill your dragons). Positioning is key and also having fewer drops than your opponent. 

2. We have a massive advantage in a objectives game thanks to free summoning from regents and AGK's. 

3. Feeding Frenzie is absolutely key in deleting shooting and heavy-hitting units. 

4. AgkoTG's with re-rolling maw in gristlegore with double pile-in will almost delete anything that is moving. 

5. Make sure to enjoy your feasts and hail to the Carrion King! :)

Also on a sidenote, seems like Big Ben is going to take the Sheffield Slaughter 1st prize with FeC! 

Edited by Vlagorescu
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

13 minutes ago, Amradiel said:

Does anyone have a nice competitive 1000p list? I want to try to get some games under my belt 😊 So far I have one carrion empire set, one start collecting box, spells and throne. 

I recently played a mirror match against a seasoned tournament player. He played this at 1000p:

- Grand Court: Court of Delusion - Crusading Army

Leaders
- General
- Trait: Master of the Black Arts

Battleline
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)

Total: 1000 / 1000

His battle plan was to buff the mounted Ghoul King, prevent any of my magic coming trough, and the summoned units where a nice addition. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Amradiel said:

Does anyone have a nice competitive 1000p list? I want to try to get some games under my belt 😊 So far I have one carrion empire set, one start collecting box, spells and throne. 

Okay so In low low points like that a list that does one thing really well is a lot easier to work with then an all around list.  I also wouldn’t recommend any battalions but if you are interested in them I think wither abattoir or the one with two horrors and a courtier as the re rolls are really effective but obviously they can be received when an abhorrant is close so it’s not a huge deal in small games. So after that you want to choose a great court or none at all, at low points you can make a good case for blisterskin but not much else. I would recommend an arch regent warlord with the relic and trait to give plus two to cast and dispell since at low points it’ll be really helpful against 90 percent of foes and no one likes their magic shut down so easily. Feast day is by far the best at 1000 points and no other can really justify itself over the extra feast EXCEPT blister skin and I’ll show you why. Blister skin gets a free cp on a 4 up so can get extra feasts when you absolutely need them while also netting you movement buffs and a new battle line (all very very nice additions) 

Heres an example blisterskin list:

arch regent 200 pts w/ the spell that gives flying and trait

flayers * 6   340  pts 

ghouls*30 300 pts 

then either a varghulf (although I personally would summon it)

or end with the flayer courtier (give this one the relic) and your choice of and endless spell 40 points or less

this list gives you mobility and decent power as well as speed to make objectives an easy task. If you find people are out pacing you then add in the barricade. Of objectives and survival is a problem then add the chalice as your endless spell. With the teleports, free cp, free speed, and buff to one characters survivability I personally think this list gives enough safety nets for ease of use while sacrificing some optimization while you learn the ins and outs. Macro play is more important then micro play, so general tactics and grasping them should be more important than the list itself. This list allows you to pick up momentum even when you make mistakes although if I was to optimize it a bit more I’d drop 10 more ghouls and add cogs and take the varghulf over the courtier as it synergizes better with the arch regents spell. Although this would lose some staying power objectives wise and this make the list harder to use

Edited by TheadTheOgorSlayer
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Gecktron said:

I recently played a mirror match against a seasoned tournament player. He played this at 1000p:

- Grand Court: Court of Delusion - Crusading Army

Leaders
- General
- Trait: Master of the Black Arts

Battleline
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)
10 x Crypt Ghouls (100)

Total: 1000 / 1000

His battle plan was to buff the mounted Ghoul King, prevent any of my magic coming trough, and the summoned units where a nice addition. 

That list would do so much better with feast day 

Just now, TheadTheOgorSlayer said:

That list would do so much better with feast day 

His reasoning was that he wanted to make sure that he gets into close combat as soon as possible. We also played with extra points that could be only spend on endless spells and battalions (rules from a tournament he was practicing for) so he added the chronomantic cogs. I left this out as I felt this list worked even without. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gecktron said:

His reasoning was that he wanted to make sure that he gets into close combat as soon as possible. We also played with extra points that could be only spend on endless spells and battalions (rules from a tournament he was practicing for) so he added the chronomantic cogs. I left this out as I felt this list worked even without. 

I definitely understand, I just think giving a 400 point monster an extra attack with the bite mechanic is far deadlier the. Plus one to charge and run. Don’t get me wrong it’s defi the second best delusion, however it used to be re rolls and now with only a plus one isn’t as worth it in small games. At 2000 pts I would definitely prefer it over feast day but not at 1000. Especially with the relatively weak objective game (unless it’s one using characters as scoring units only! Then he would have no problem with that big bat!) unless he always summons 40 more ghouls

9 minutes ago, Gecktron said:

I also think perhaps one so focused on characters would be hard against alpha strike armies but I won’t argue in the least bit about the effectiveness of the magic buff and the 400 point mounted character in such a low points level

6 minutes ago, TheadTheOgorSlayer said:

I also think perhaps one so focused on characters would be hard against alpha strike armies

Are there any hard shooting alphas at 1000 points? 'Cause against melee alpha that list should be able to insulate itself with ghouls and throne.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mutter said:

Are there any hard shooting alphas at 1000 points? 'Cause against melee alpha that list should be able to insulate itself with ghouls and throne.

It’s still a risk to lose a lot from even one king going down. And I know most people have the ability to bring down 7 wounds in one turn even if not completely focused on the aloha strike. Even if it’s not the most likely possibility depending on local players it could be an important point. The list in my eyes is super close to being optimized it’s  just not an easy list to use per se when one inch could mean the difference between a king getting drawn into an early combat and going down, or even a skaven one shotting both kings on foot first turn with lucky rolls 😂😂😂 although unlikely!

7 minutes ago, TheadTheOgorSlayer said:

It’s still a risk to lose a lot from even one king going down. And I know most people have the ability to bring down 7 wounds in one turn even if not completely focused on the aloha strike. Even if it’s not the most likely possibility depending on local players it could be an important point. The list in my eyes is super close to being optimized it’s  just not an easy list to use per se when one inch could mean the difference between a king getting drawn into an early combat and going down, or even a skaven one shotting both kings on foot first turn with lucky rolls 😂😂😂 although unlikely!

I see your argument. But I think It could be doable to hide both completely behind ghouls and the throne (which is pretty massiv now that I have seen one in real-life). 

Edited by Gecktron
  • Like 2

I haven't seen any talk about the Royal Mordants battalion, although it is one of the few battalion to have received a buff in the new book. I have played it twice now in Blisterskin and I must say 40 Ghouls moving 16" is pretty dope !

The only downside is it seems I cannot bring up one of the knights unit from the battalion to 6 without removing anything else essential from the list... Having hard choices to make is the sign internal balance is quite good I guess :)

Any other Mordant fans around there ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1