AoS 2 - Hosts of Slaanesh Discussion

Gaz Taylor

10 minutes ago, swarmofseals said:

Where are people seeing the points cost on the FW Keeper? Also, I've seen some folks saying that Pretenders can only have one hero. Where is that coming from?

Pretender augments a battallion to have one hero.  So you can still have other heroes.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, swarmofseals said:

Ahh, so if you take Pretenders then that battalion must only have one hero? or are you allowed to only take it with one hero? 

In pretenders yes you can take that battallion with 1 hero its not that useful if you do that. It generates 1 command point each hero phase if you roll equal to or less then the number of heros in the battalion. So you have to roll a 1 to get a command point.

5 minutes ago, Poryague said:

In pretenders yes you can take that battallion with 1 hero its not that useful if you do that. It generates 1 command point each hero phase if you roll equal to or less then the number of heros in the battalion. So you have to roll a 1 to get a command point.

Yeah, I'm just wondering if the wording says that you can take the battalion with one hero or if you must. I think a build with that battalion and 4 KoS as the core will probably be pretty competitive. I could see arguments for going pretenders or seekers, but if pretenders forces you to only have one hero in the battalion then it'd be non-viable for that build.

2 hours ago, swarmofseals said:

Yeah, I'm just wondering if the wording says that you can take the battalion with one hero or if you must. I think a build with that battalion and 4 KoS as the core will probably be pretty competitive. I could see arguments for going pretenders or seekers, but if pretenders forces you to only have one hero in the battalion then it'd be non-viable for that build.

must have only 1 instead of 3-6

Looking at slaanesh bestigor. 

Take a mortal wizard cast Dark Delusions target enemy. Roll higher then enmy bravery get +1 to hit that unit. Get reroll 1 to hit. Bestigors now hit that unit on 2  and reroll 1 to hit assuming more then 10 models in it.

For bullgors it get them hiting on 3 rerolling 1 to hit. The hardest part will be getting that +1 to go off.

11 minutes ago, carnith said:

Run the twins, take Phantasmagoria for reducing bravery, then cast this spell, take a leader with some bravery debuffs. There are ways to make it work easier. 

Any bravery debuff Will make getting that spell off easier. For most things its not a bad combo to get a +1 to hit and reroll 1. Then in battleshock depending if they have a cp could end really badly for them.

29 minutes ago, Poryague said:

Any bravery debuff Will make getting that spell off easier. For most things its not a bad combo to get a +1 to hit and reroll 1. Then in battleshock depending if they have a cp could end really badly for them.

The main challenge I've always had with any bravery debuff combo is as soon as you run into bravery 10 it almost never works. 

1 hour ago, Poryague said:

Looking at slaanesh bestigor. 

Take a mortal wizard cast Dark Delusions target enemy. Roll higher then enmy bravery get +1 to hit that unit. Get reroll 1 to hit. Bestigors now hit that unit on 2  and reroll 1 to hit assuming more then 10 models in it.

For bullgors it get them hiting on 3 rerolling 1 to hit. The hardest part will be getting that +1 to go off.

Syll’Esske will give you the re-roll 1s aura, and then you can use the 1-shot +1 to hit artefact too. Then give the used artefact to the Fane for re-rolls

2 hours ago, themortalgod said:

The main challenge I've always had with any bravery debuff combo is as soon as you run into bravery 10 it almost never works. 

It might take some combining units to do it, but can be done. Phantasmagoria, the chaos lord on manticore, if you play beastmen slaanesh, you can take the birds. The face of slaanesh spell also lowers bravery. 

How effective do people think a low model monster mash army would be? So 3 keepers and minimum battleline with the epitome and enrapturess, and maybe another hero or the hero battalion, and focus on summoning the  hordes later on? I reckon each KoS should easily produce enough DP to summon 30 daemonettes with some left over. 

On 4/28/2019 at 12:44 AM, whispersofblood said:

conceptualising a list is much more difficult than I anticipated.

Me too man, not sure whether I want lots of daemonettes and fiends or go melee hero heavy to make use of the locus.

Monster mash is always really popular. The list posted a few pages back with 3 keepers, maximizing how much they do with their claw attacks might be the go. Also spells I’d go with would be healing spell on one keeper, phantasmagoria on another, depravity spell on last, and take another damaging spell on the epitome. Probably give them all the Healing hands to keep them in the fight longer. 

From play testing:

Seeker chariots are great. With The ability to run from combat and charge they have a lot of flexibility.

also 4 up save and no behemot key words allowing cover save and look our sir.

In someone else battle report mortal wounds from batalion seemed to work with herald. If this is true they are the big winners

Keeper is really random with low number of strong attacks. If someone damages it its start to loose his power quickly.  Summoned keeper without traits and artifacts can let you down.

Exalted seeker chariot + Fane is a powerhouse and hit hard even with 1 wound left. 

Depravity is sky rocketing.... like really 50 DP is not so hard on turn 3.

Endless spells dont seem  to good Tbh. With cost increase all around you need to save points

daemonnetes hit hard with batallion even under 20

fiends are to costly and can die really easy. 12 wounda with 5+ for 210. They are nice to summon but to costly to buy.

reroll charge banners are awesome for charge after summoning.

locus is a powerhouse. Positioning and few lucky rolls can win you the game.

1 hour ago, azmodan said:

Depravity is sky rocketing.... like really 50 DP is not so hard on turn 3.

This really stood out to me. For the small increase in cost, the amount of depravity points generated means we almost seem like a summoning army. That's why I think hero heavy is a good idea; our units are expensive, but our depravity is super cheap and so summoning becomes much more cost effective.  

29 minutes ago, Enoby said:

This really stood out to me. For the small increase in cost, the amount of depravity points generated means we almost seem like a summoning army. That's why I think hero heavy is a good idea; our units are expensive, but our depravity is super cheap and so summoning becomes much more cost effective.  

Mortal wounds generate depravity this is the biggest change imo

Did we mention godseekers, with a KoS w. Thermalrider cloak and Speed Chaser trait already? An 18” flying KoS that can retreat and charge again. Both devastating and synergizes with the host mechanic to gain depravity points. Than add in a bunch of things that can retreat and charge.

Doing some number crunching... 

The best damage output per points, spells notwithstanding, are the chariots, with the Exalted Chariot having far and away the best point efficiency for damage output. The Enrapturesses (assuming no melee) have by far the worst, and the KoS are somewhere in the middle. I have no energy to add all the calculations for spells, but I'd think the ideal hero composition is probably an Enrapturess sitting on the Fane, a KoS as general and 4 Heralds on Exalteds if you want to make a summoning focused army.

Grab the Sybarites Battalion if you're Invaders and that puts you at 1500, which lets you comfortably grab 30 Daemonettes + 2 groups of 5 Hellstriders for your battleline to round off at 2k. Alternatively, drop 2 Exalteds, pick up Syll'Esske and a Contorted Epitome for that sweet command ability and disruption and swap out for (30+10+10) Daemonettes and a 20 point endless spell. Shackles might do the trick: throw it down at the back of the enemy lines once your Epitome has moved up and make retreating difficult for them.

I'm not sure how I'd approach making a Pretenders army, though.

So, lots of good talk about the monster-mash list.

Pretenders or Invaders???

I did a test game with Invaders, but picked only 1 General (so that I could have the heroes within 12" of each-other) and 3 Keepers. I still put all 3 in the Battalion (so not pretenders) and took the command point relic (Rod of Misrule), the healy brooch thingy (+d3 wounds healed in the hero phase) and then the Icon of Infinite Excess (OPG +1 to-hit). My other Battalion (opening up the third relic) was the Seekers one, with 1 Hellstriders and 1 Seekers. I also ran 2x20 Daemonettes.

This army did very well, and probably all I would change as pretenders is have the battalion have only 1 Keeper in it, increasing my drops by 2 and dramatically decreasing the battalions effectiveness. I would of course alter my Command Traits and artefacts around, and whatnot.

Which is better? I could drop the KOS Battalion entirely and go with the Epicurean Revellers on the Daemonettes, but I don't actually like that BN too much. Mortal wounds on 6's to-wound instead of normal damage isn't that great for 180 points. If it was in addition I'd have the opposite opinion. Without the battalion, my Daemonettes still lawnmowered everything they touch.

One thing to keep in mind if you're going summoning heavy. Godseekers +1 to charge off the summon combined with rerolls to charge from a banner or command point gives you pretty decent odds to charge successfully. Also the seekers are probably the easiest host to get points for because you just have to charge which you'll be doing a lot of anyway.

Coming from BoC I'm really liking the idea of a quick army that packs a punch. A couple of Chariots and Keepers with Locus of Diversion where you chew through chaff, potentially retreat to the other side and then charge their "protected" support heroes. It sounds sweet. I really can't decide on what to preorder though. Ughh. 😋

So some lineups I've thought of:

Invaders List I'll probably be running (mostly because I have exactly 2 Exalted Chariots and 50 Daemonettes and the rest of the models I either have [3 Infernal Enrapturesses!] I've already preordered). If the KoS kills a model, they heal 2D3 (Skintaker + Hand), and if they kill a hero/monster, they heal D3+D6.

Allegiance: Hedonites of Slaanesh
Host: Invaders
Realm: Ghur

Heroes
Bladebringer, Herald on Exalted Seeker Chariot (220)
-Spell: Acquiesence
-Lore of Slaanesh: Lash of Slaanesh

-Lore of Slaanesh: Hysterical Frenzy

Infernal Enrapturess (140)

Syll'Esske (200)
-General
-Spell: Subvert
-Lore of Slaanesh: Phantasmagoria

Keeper of Secrets with Sinistrous Hand (360)
-General
-Command Trait: Skintaker
-Artefact of Ghur: Gryph-feather Charm
-Spell: Cacophonic Choir
-Lore of Slaanesh: Slothful Stupor

Contorted Epitome (200)
-General
-Artefact: Whip of Subversion
-Spell: Overwhelming Acquiesence
-Lore of Slaanesh: Soulslice Shard

Battleline
10 Daemonettes (110)
10 Daemonettes (110)
30 Daemonettes (300)

Battalions
Supreme Sybarites (120)

Endless Spells
Soulsnare Shackles (20)

2000/2000 Points
1 Extra Command Point

An interesting Godseekers army focused on spamming chariots.... and loads more chariots. If there's a turn where all 4 Exalted chariots + the KoS charge, you'll generate something like 30-50 (depending on enemy saves) depravity points on average that turn... letting you summon more exalted chariots the next turn... etc. etc. the Epitome can drop the Cogs (82.6% chance to cast compared to the usual 58.3%) for a grand total of +3 to charge, which gives your summons 72.2% chance to charge 9" and 58.3% chance to charge 10" (which should be about as far as you should want to summon). You also can drop the Shackles behind the enemy lines to block their escape path.

Sadly, you can't pick a mount weapon to attach the Sword of Judgement. However, your General becomes ridiculously good at hunting down big and is unable to fail their retreat/charge (5" minimum with the Cogs up!), and your KoS  serves as the small/footslogger hero hunter with the Bindings.

Host: Godseekers
Realm: Ulgu

Heroes

-Lore of Slaanesh: Soulslice Shard

-General
-Command Trait: Speed-Chaser
-Artefact of Ulgu: Sword of Judgement (Flensing Whips)
-Lore of Slaanesh: Born of Damnation

-Artefact: Bindings of Slaanesh

Contorted Epitome (200)

Battleline
1 Seeker Chariot (120)
1 Seeker Chariot (120)
1 Seeker Chariot (120)

Battalions
Supreme Sybarites (120)

Endless Spells
Chronomatic Cogs (60)
Soulsnare Shackles (20)

2000/2000 Points
1 Extra Command Point

For Pretenders... I'm not exactly sure how to build a list.

Probably the following?

Host: Pretenders
Realm: Ghur

Heroes
The Masque (120)

Infernal Enrapturess (140)
-Artefact of Aqshy: Ignax's Scales

-General
-Command Trait: Strongest Alone
-Artefact: Silverslash (Impaling Claws)

Contorted Epitome (200)

Battleline
10 Daemonettes (110)
10 Daemonettes (110)
30 Daemonettes (300)

Battalions
Epicurian Revelers (180)

Endless Spells
Geminids of Uhl-Gysh (40)

2000/2000 Points
1 Extra Command Point

Summoning

point to dp ratio from

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Age_of_Sigmar/Tactics/Chaos/Hedonites_of_Slaanesh

Summoning Efficiency Ratios[edit]

Top down, the units you want to leave out of your roster and summon instead BY EFFICIENCY OF DEPRAVITY POINTS:ROSTER POINTS ALONE:

1. Herald on Seeker Chariot, at 13.3 points/DP

2. Herald on Exalted Chariot, 10 Daemonettes, or 20 Daemonettes at 12.2 points/DP

3. Herald on Hellflayer, Herald on Foot, Keeper of Secrets, 30 Daemonettes, 3 Seeker Chariots, 1 Seeker Chariot, 1 Exalted Chariot, or 5 Seekers at 12 points/DP

4. Infernal Enrapturess, 3 Fiends, or 1 Hellflayer at 11.7 points/DP

5. Contorted Epitome, at 11 points/DP

If you summon them near the Fane, the list is as follows:

1. Herald on Seeker Chariot at 16 points/dp

2. 10 Daemonettes at 15.7 points/dp

3. Herald on foot, 1 Seeker Chariot, or 5 Seekers at 15 points/DP

4. Infernal Enrapturess or Hellflayer at 14 points/DP

5. Herald on Hellflayer and Exalted Chariot at 13.84 points/DP

6. Herald on Exalted Seeker Chariot or 20 Daemonettes at 13.75 points/DP

7. 3 Fiends at 13.1 points/DP

8. 30 Daemonettes at 13 points/DP

9. Keeper of Secrets or 3 Seeker Chariots at 12.9 points/DP

10. Contorted Epitome at 12.5 points/DP

In short, if you want a Contorted Epitome or a Keeper of Secrets, you want it in your roster. If you want Heralds on Seeker Chariots, you're best served summoning them in.

Archived