58 minutes ago, Superninja said:

New in GHB FAQ:

Page 134

– Ironjawz, Mighty Destroyers

Add to the end of the rules:

‘You cannot pick the same unit to benefit from this

ability more than once per hero phase.’

Also

Q: Some old abilities refer to a roll of 6. What does this mean exactly? A: If an ability refers to a roll of 6 (rather than a roll of 6+ or a roll of 6 or more), it means a roll of 6 after rerolls but before any modifiers are applied

Affects the Warchanters extra attack on a 6.

Also note that the increase to the unit’s Move characteristic for running only applies to that move.

Affects run moves made with the Mighty Destroyers. (Just to make extra sure that cheese is stopped)

Q: If I use an ability that allows a unit to do something in the hero phase as if it were a different phase, can I use abilities that could affect it in that phase in the hero phase? For example, if I was allowed to make a shooting attack with a unit in my hero phase as if it were my shooting phase, would an ability that allowed me to make an extra attack with that unit in my shooting phase apply?

A: No to both questions. Abilities that state they can only be used or only apply in a certain phase can only be used in that phase and/or their effects will only apply in that phase. So, if an ability says you can use it in your movement phase, it can only be used in your movement phase, or if an ability said it applied in your shooting phase, you can only apply its effects in your shooting phase, and so on

Just to make extra certain that the Brutefist doesn't work.

Makes me laugh, a large portion of these updates are things that I've had to query about and/or brought up. It's like the Goregrunta's "technically the d3 damage lasts for the rest of the game once you've made it once" thing, there's no way that came up anywhere other than as a joke point on this forum 🤣

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Saxon said:

Ironclad rend modifier

It is possible, having thought about it, that he has interpreted the -1 rend as +1 save; ie adding it to his armour save rather than reducing the rend of your attacks.  This sort of has the same effect against rend attacks but disadvantages attacks without rend.  If he got into the habit of doing this before Malign Sorcery came out, then adding the Ethereal Amulet would get you to a 2+save ignoring rend.  It's a bit convoluted I know, but feasible.  

The other bit from the faq:

Page 123

– Ironfist, ’Ere We Go! ’Ere We Go! ’Ere

We Go!

Change to:

‘In your hero phase, if this battalion’s Big Boss is on the

battlefield, roll a dice. Each unit from the same battalion

can make a normal move of up to a number of inches

equal to the roll (they cannot run or retreat).

Edited by Superninja

10 hours ago, Superninja said:

The other bit from the faq:

Page 123

– Ironfist, ’Ere We Go! ’Ere We Go! ’Ere

We Go!

Change to:

‘In your hero phase, if this battalion’s Big Boss is on the

battlefield, roll a dice. Each unit from the same battalion

can make a normal move of up to a number of inches

equal to the roll (they cannot run or retreat).

Do we have any thoughts on how the ironfist will play out with the new rule? Rolling sixes for a couple of units could be game changing as it was, both in the first turn but even more so later turns. With only one roll the threat range of the whole batttalion goes up from waagh! to WAAAGH! imo. I am sure someone here are doing math right now of how good this new rule is. Please share!

1 hour ago, Skumbaagh said:

Do we have any thoughts on how the ironfist will play out with the new rule? Rolling sixes for a couple of units could be game changing as it was, both in the first turn but even more so later turns. With only one roll the threat range of the whole batttalion goes up from waagh! to WAAAGH! imo. I am sure someone here are doing math right now of how good this new rule is. Please share!

I think it is probably a good thing as it will keep our army together more which is key for an effective Waggh! There were so many times before were rolling for each unit one by one meant that positioning was harder as we didn't actually know where the other unit was going to be able to move to and whether we weere going to get everything into charge range or not! Also we can now move the units in any order we wish rather than the order we rolled for them which is also a slight advantage. Though on the downside a roll of 1 is going to really suck!!!!

oh i did not notice it was one dice for the whole bataillion. Hard to evaluate. Will sometime be better, but become more volatile. If you roll low score turn 1 and 2 it can really hurt. On the other hand, it allow you to move your screen first the same distance of the screened unit, which is a good thing.

The time a 6 is rolled for the ironfist will be rare but so glorious, the entire battalion surging forward at 1.5 times their normal movement rate! Imagine with Cogs, you have a in in 6 chance with Brutes to sling your entire battalion forward 12" with their ironfist and movement.

This is far superior as you know how to position all units up front, i.e. you roll a 1, you know you are not going to be charging and will move all units cagey and wont spend command points, roll a 6 and throw caution to the wind, burn 3 command points and get stuck in.

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 2

40 minutes ago, ajax_xaja said:

Probably a stupid question, but I don't get to play as often as I wish I could. When purchasing a Bloodtoof battalion, do I also need to pay for the Ironfist battalion? Do I also get the Ironfist bonus/benefits?

Yes to both questions. Remember you need to field the realmgate to get the bravery buff. Also, the realmgate has new rules since last GHB which makes it do nothing. So no transport shenanigans.

Then you don't get the bravery buff? 🤔

I only place it if there isn't another realmgate on the board, as I'm not running a wizard at the moment, so I can't use it but my opponent usually can, and the battalion rules says as long as there are any realmgates.  But if there isn't another one I'll place it for the bravery buff and can use it to block off a small part of your opponents territory

• LOVE IT! 1

6 hours ago, Lanoss said:

Yeah unless there is another realmgate on the board I don’t bother placing the other when I’m playing Bloodtoofs

Technically it provides another piece of scenery which your opponent has to manoeuvre around and can use for cover. Obviously you can agree to not bother with it but there are often tactical advantages to placing it, most obvious being you can use it to block sylvaneth wildwood summons.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Malakree said:

Technically it provides another piece of scenery which your opponent has to manoeuvre around and can use for cover. Obviously you can agree to not bother with it but there are often tactical advantages to placing it, most obvious being you can use it to block sylvaneth wildwood summons.

I like that, I hate those wildwoods.