AoS 2 - Ironjawz Discussion

Chris Tomlin

5 hours ago, TALegion said:

Initial thoughts:

- I could definitely remove the 5-man ardboy unit and replace it with something more useful. The first thing that comes to mind is Fungoid cave-shaman (like the winner's list). If it just uses mystic shield each turn, it lets the weirdnob use hand of gork more. Also, the army is pretty CP thirsty overall, so any additional CP would be appreciated.

- Ironsunz was a terrific clan - much stronger than I expected. The -1 to hit on the first turn let me be very aggressive, making turn 1 charges with the boss and GGs each game. Also, the counter-charge completely changes the way that people need to play around you - you have a lot of opportunities to engage them when they retreat, try to sneak past your units, engage your units one at a time, etc. I'll try the other clans, but I was very surprised by how much I relied on the Ironsunz' benefits.

- Loud 'Un performed better than expected. I was on the fence about it vs. Weird 'Un, but, when combined with Ironsunz' -1 to hit, Loud 'Un certainly made me tankier than Weird 'Un would have. Spells were never very threatening to me, but that may just be because of the armies that I faced.

- Mortal wounds, on the other hand, were pretty devastating for the megaboss. In each game, mortal wounds accounted for between 40-100% of all wounds taken. This makes me want to experiment with Ignax scales.

- I feel that this is likely a problem with my play, but I didn't utilize Waaagh at all. In each game, I told myself "Not this turn; I might get a better opportunity later." It's most likely  that this was a play mistake on my end - I shouldn't hesitate to use Waaagh on 2-3 units if it will make a difference. But, it does make me wonder how valuable it is and whether it may be worth making the weirdnob the general in order to get the Dead Kunnin' command trait (+d3 CP vs. Right Fist of Dakkabad's +1 CP).

I have the same thoughts from playing a couple of games - Ironsunz give you some really awesome tools, and considering there are quite a few fast armies (especially Slaanesh) the -1 to hit is not to be underestimated imo. The counter charge as you said also messes with people - They are so used to be able to charge and only tag a select few units, but with this ability you don't care - So you charged and my other units are more than 3" away? Hold my beer!

Now the issue is that you are forced to take the kinda meh Ironsunz artefacts. I really love the Ethereal Amulet + Brutish Cunning + Weird 'Un combo on my Megaboss, but that isn't possible with the Ironsunz. In general I really like the dual Megaboss setup and has been using Gordrakk + "normal" dude. I really love Gordrakk, but I might have to downgrade him to dual Megabosses so one takes the required trait/artefact, and the other guy is beefed up survivability wise.

In general I really think maximizing damage on the Maw Krusha is the wrong way to go about things - The damage is already insane, and I think it is much more important to keep him alive and well to stack up SFV and also to ensure your dude lives until your next hero phase, where you hopefully are in combat with something and can rip it apart with MD.

• LOVE IT! 2

Hi people! I just had my first two games with Orruk warclans, one with IJ and the other using TBW. We didn't use realm and scenery rules, it was just two games to test the greenskins, and neither Warclans, just vanilla IJ. First game was against Stormcast Eternals, heavy raptor and evocator list, and the second one against Cities of Sigmar, gunline and stormcast.

For the first game I used this list:

Spoiler

Allegiance: Ironjawz

Megaboss on Maw-Krusha 
- General
- Command Trait : Brutish Cunning
- Boss Gore-hacka and Choppa
- Artefact : The Boss Skewer
- Mount Trait : Heavy 'Un

Orruk Warchanter 
- Warbeat : Get 'Em Beat

Orruk Warchanter 
- Warbeat : Killa Beat

Orruk Weirdnob Shaman
- Artefact : Shamanic Skullcape
- Lore of the Weird : Da Great Big Green Hand of Gork

10 x Orruk Ardboys
10 x Orruk Ardboys 
10 x Orruk Ardboys 
3 x Orruk Gore-gruntas 
3 x Orruk Gore-gruntas 
5 x Orruk Brutes 

Ironfist 

Extra Command Point

The mission was "Knife to the heart" (GH2019). I won't relate all the game, just my main impressions. First turn teleport with Hand of Gork is great, put 10 ardboys in my opponent's backfield and I generated a threat he didn't expect. Shaman is useful but a bit meh, maybe with realm rules and more magic at hand it may do better. I didn't use "Mighty Destroyer" on my MK until turn 2, and that was a mistake, he was too far from other enemy units and did nothing. At least he could counterattack a unit of Evocators who wanted to conquer my objective...but died miserably at their hands. Warchanter with get 'em beat was very useful, the other with killa beat wasn't that good, all unit were always outside of range.

Ardboys and Gruntas did all the job. Ardboys are the best unit of IJ (Bonus charge, bonus bravery, good attacking stats, shields...), followed by gruntas with spears. Brutes did nothing, and after two games I still feel they're a waste of points. Ironfist battalion is the key, especially if you five units in it and deploy them at the same time: first turn assured, and you CAN be in combat in the first turn. But I made a mistake, the battalion boss was one of the grunta bosses, and also the first to charge...and die. I have to be more careful with that.

After three rounds I lost two units of ardboys, both gruntas, brutes and MK. My opponent captured my point and the game was over. I had the sensation that something was missing, that pure IJ lack something, so for next game I tried TGW.

Second game was against Cities of Sigmar - Hammerhall (gunners, great swords, hurricanum, steam tank, evocators, sequitors,...), mission was "Escalation" (CB), a real pain in the ass of a deployment. No realm and scenery rules, and same list, just this time with TGW rules (so, no IJ battletraits). My opponent was also trying CoS for the first time, so it was a pretty slow game. We reduced the mission turns to 3 (5 normally) or we would have been there all night.

Waagh! points are pretty easy to get, at least the first turn and hard to lose, so I had almost all abilities during most of the game. With Gordrak you have 6 points instead of D6, but then you can't equip him with "Brutish cunnin", and that's key. I've learn of my mistakes and used "Mighty Destroyers" on my MK, and also with the ironfist gruntas (leaving the boss unit a bit far from the front to avoid being shot). The MK destroyed two units and a half before he died, worth. This time the shaman was pretty useless... only succeeded with some mystic shield and bolt to move some units, but nothing else. Movement warchanter was key, again, and killer warchanter...did nothing.

Ardboys were the MVP's of the game, again, also gruntas did their job pretty well before being exterminated, and brutes...well, they were on the battlefield at least... After 3 rounds, losing half of my army and playing not that aggressive as always, I won 7 - 2.

So, finally, my first impressions. I love the brute models but...I feel they get completely surpassed by ardboys. Gruntas are good and they move is useful in games with far objectives. Ardboys, well, you know. Awful models, great unit. Warchanters are great two, but I'm not sold on using two if I'm using IJ, one always seems to much. Killa beat is more useful in IJ lists, and movement chant in TBW lists. Shamans are good, but maybe situational, depends on the rules of the game I suppose. MK is nuts, and I prefer the basic one over Gordrak (to expensive!).

So, for my next game I plan to use a different and maybe extreme list, I'll explain you how it worked out later this week.

Spoiler

Allegiance: Big Waaagh!

Megaboss on Maw-Krusha
- General
- Command Trait : Brutish Cunning
- Artefact : Daubing of Mork
- Mount Trait : Heavy 'Un

Megaboss on Maw-Krusha
- Artefact : Metalrippa's Klaw
- Mount Trait : Mean 'Un

Orruk Warchanter (110)
- Warbeat : Fixin' Beat

3 x Orruk Gore-gruntas 
3 x Orruk Gore-gruntas 
3 x Orruk Gore-gruntas 
10 x Orruk Ardboys
5 x Orruk Ardboys

Ironfist (160)
Extra Command Point (50)

Sorry for the FRACKING LONG POST. I'd like to hear your impressions and advices for future games. Do you agree with my unit opinions? Would change something of the lists? Thanks!

12 hours ago, Malakithe said:

Question...can Mighty Destroyers be used on a unit that was tossed around via Big Green Hand?

Yes. Hand says that you can't move in the subsequent movement phase and MD makes you move in the hero phase. It's separate from the regular move, which is cancelled out by MD.

1 minute ago, TALegion said:

Yes. Hand says that you can't move in the subsequent movement phase and MD makes you move in the hero phase. It's separate from the regular move, which is cancelled out by MD.

And remember to place the unit outside of 12" with the teleport :P 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Kasper said:

Now the issue is that you are forced to take the kinda meh Ironsunz artefacts. I really love the Ethereal Amulet + Brutish Cunning + Weird 'Un combo on my Megaboss, but that isn't possible with the Ironsunz. In general I really like the dual Megaboss setup and has been using Gordrakk + "normal" dude. I really love Gordrakk, but I might have to downgrade him to dual Megabosses so one takes the required trait/artefact, and the other guy is beefed up survivability wise.

In general I really think maximizing damage on the Maw Krusha is the wrong way to go about things - The damage is already insane, and I think it is much more important to keep him alive and well to stack up SFV and also to ensure your dude lives until your next hero phase, where you hopefully are in combat with something and can rip it apart with MD.

Agreed on all of that. I'm tempted to get a second cabbage to try that out - one is hard enough to kill, and 2 would be awful. Especially with Gordrakk giving himself, the other boss, and a 6-man GG unit +1 to hit on the first turn.

Tanky krusha's are definitely the way to go, too. Without artefact or command traits invested into letting him live, he's not difficult to kill in one turn.

2 hours ago, Kasper said:

And remember to place the unit outside of 12" with the teleport

that's a really good point thanks for reminding! Pretty nasty on Gruntas actually as you can garantee a charge after a teleport, not a lot of army  can do that.

2 hours ago, TALegion said:

'm tempted to get a second cabbage to try that out - one is hard enough to kill, and 2 would be awful.

On the opposite, i'm more and more tempted to go Krusha - less. With i'ts cost increase, and those of gruntas and ardboys i'm finding i've hard time putting enough body/ wound on the board. Also, it's command ability is now much less impactfull than before when you had to do triple waaagh to do something.  Now you can just hand of gork 10 ardboys and they will do same amount of damage than a MK, for only 180 pts...

For exemple, i find a list like this really appealing (second artefact would probably be the CP on 4+ or aetherquartz brooch)

Spoiler

Allegiance: Ironjawz
- Warclan: Choppas
Mortal Realm: Hysh
Orruk Megaboss (150)
- General
- Trait: Checked Out
Orruk Warchanter (110)
- Warbeat: Fixin' Beat
Orruk Warchanter (110)
- Warbeat: Fixin' Beat
Orruk Weirdnob Shaman (110)
- Artefact: Shamanic Skullcape
- Lore of the Weird: Da Great Big Green Hand of Gork
Orruk Weirdnob Shaman (110)
- Lore of the Weird: Bash 'Em Ladz
15 x Orruk Ardboys (270)
6 x Orruk Gore-gruntas (320)
- Pig-iron Choppas
3 x Orruk Gore-gruntas (160)
- Pig-iron Choppas
10 x Orruk Brutes (280)
- Pair of Brute Choppas
5 x Orruk Brutes (140)
- Pair of Brute Choppas
4 x Ironskull's Boyz (80)
Ironfist (160)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Extra Command Points: 1
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 159

2 hours ago, broche said:

On the opposite, i'm more and more tempted to go Krusha - less.

Not sure if you guys are aware, but there was a big event over in the UK at the weekend: Bloodshed in the Shires, 80 players.  

Ironjawz (and the legendary Leo Rautonen) won it with a no-Krusha list:

https://tabletop.to/bloodshed-in-the-shires-2019

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

Having a hard time visualizing how he won with that

When you look at his matchup, he didn't play anything shooty. I doubt Ironjawz can really loose any attrition war at the moment if you keep the warchanter all game. A single hand of gork can win the game, so it's tricky for opponent to adjust to that. Combine that with a -1 to hit in round 1, all you have to do is kill all you can in round 1 then you just put your weight on the opposing army for the rest of the game.

I admit I'm curious how he would have fare against the Fyreslayer.

• Like 1

On 10/27/2019 at 12:25 AM, broche said:

Oh i see. I was not aware of this rule, i need to reread the section. With that it make total sense to forgo teleport then as it's too easy to deny.

edit: @Scurvydog deadly territory just mention reserve unit. You think it apply to hand of gork? I'm not so sure

You are right. It is only reserves that are restricted by deadly territory. "Teleporting" definitely does not turn a unit into reserves.

Oh i see. I was not aware of this rule, i need to reread the section. With that it make total sense to forgo teleport then as it's too easy to deny.

edit: @Scurvydog deadly territory just mention reserve unit. You think it apply to hand of gork? I'm not so sure

You are right. It is only reserves that are restricted by deadly territory. "Teleporting" definitely does not turn a unit into reserves.

3 hours ago, PlasticCraic said:

Not sure if you guys are aware, but there was a big event over in the UK at the weekend: Bloodshed in the Shires, 80 players.  

Ironjawz (and the legendary Leo Rautonen) won it with a no-Krusha list:

https://tabletop.to/bloodshed-in-the-shires-2019

Quite amazing - To be fair there are like 3 other lists going 4-1 with a Maw Krusha, so I don't think this rules him out. I think it makes sense though - He's playing into the meta where Slaanesh is a crazy dominating force, so having more units rather than one big guy that screams "Locus me!" makes sense.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, svnvaldez said:

Then you can watch him win it!

The Ironsunz counter charge was epic and game winning. 

It's so good it's unbelievable.

My game 4 was against changehost (FECKING PURPLE SUN!!!!) Anyway, he had priority turn 2. Retreated away from Gordrakk with his pinks and put up 3 extra screens between Big G and his Turkey.

• His Charge Phase Big G Charges the first screen, kills it and piles in so he's within 3 of the second.
  • My Hero Phase, Big G fights and kills the second screen.
  • My Combat Phase, Big G fights and kills the third screen.
  • IF I HAD WON PRIORITY 😭😭😭😭
  • Hero phase, Big G fights and kills fourth screen.
  • Charges, Turkey. Kills it in my combat phase.

The fact I could potentially go through 4 screens and still get to the Turkey in only 2 of my own turns was unbelievable. Sadly he won priority and while I still managed to kill the turkey, Big G pulling a 12" charge to run it down, the game was already lost :( 

1. Gordrakk is amazing, Smasha and Kunnin' mean his strength from victory scales up so hard and fast he very quickly becomes a nightmare to deal with.
  2. Weird Un' on Big G was situational but when it was relevant it was AMAZING.
  3. Normal Cabbage is OK, Having the Rip Tooth fist on mine is really limiting it. Needs the 2 extra attacks base to stop it profiling so hard.
  4. I wish I could remember that I'm -1 to hit on turn 1. Might have lost me 2 games forgetting it.
1 hour ago, Kasper said:

Quite amazing - To be fair there are like 3 other lists going 4-1 with a Maw Krusha, so I don't think this rules him out. I think it makes sense though - He's playing into the meta where Slaanesh is a crazy dominating force, so having more units rather than one big guy that screams "Locus me!" makes sense.

Potentially the biggest part of his list is the ability to fit triple warchanter with the buff targets. It makes even a unit of 10 Ardboys vicious as all hell. The only other 4-1 in the tome was a 4-1 Big Waaagh! with a cabbage. On the other hand a whole bunch of us went 3-2 with either some horrific matchups or being shot down on mirrors. I know @Chris Tomlin had an IJ mirror in Game 5 and lost his game 2 to the Big Waaagh! player who went 4-1, meaning he had 2 "Mirror" matches which dropped one of us down.

I briefly talked to a couple of the other players afterwards/during the day and I think a lot of it came down to either required list changes, horrific matchups, some terrible luck or minor errors during games. Ie. Ben Sava (As Bonesplitterz) was on the table next to me round 2 and was being rekt by constant key 6s from his opponent.  I'll try and do a quick rundown myself just to give my own thoughts on how my list played, what could have improved it and changes I'm thinking about. I'm still recovering from the weekend right now though so you'll have to wait.

Anyway, I feel like the weekend showed.

1. Warchanters are gods.
  2. Ironsunz is amazing.
  3. Ardboys are amazing with support.
  4. Goregruntas are fantastic with/without support.
  5. Oh god do we all need more CP's everytime ever.
  6. Brutes are to expensive. Maybe they are still useful if you build around them?
  7. Man Brutes needed to be Bravery 7/8 :( 
  8. There are several "reliable" 4-1 lists in Ironjawz.
  9. There are several "reliable" 4-1 lists in Big Waaagh which are based on Ironjawz.
  10. A good player with a solid list can definitely go 5-0 and win the tournament ;) 
  • Like 7

6 hours ago, Malakree said:

Potentially the biggest part of his list is the ability to fit triple warchanter with the buff targets. It makes even a unit of 10 Ardboys vicious as all hell. The only other 4-1 in the tome was a 4-1 Big Waaagh! with a cabbage. On the other hand a whole bunch of us went 3-2 with either some horrific matchups or being shot down on mirrors. I know @Chris Tomlin had an IJ mirror in Game 5 and lost his game 2 to the Big Waaagh! player who went 4-1, meaning he had 2 "Mirror" matches which dropped one of us down.

I briefly talked to a couple of the other players afterwards/during the day and I think a lot of it came down to either required list changes, horrific matchups, some terrible luck or minor errors during games. Ie. Ben Sava (As Bonesplitterz) was on the table next to me round 2 and was being rekt by constant key 6s from his opponent.  I'll try and do a quick rundown myself just to give my own thoughts on how my list played, what could have improved it and changes I'm thinking about. I'm still recovering from the weekend right now though so you'll have to wait.

Anyway, I feel like the weekend showed.

1. Warchanters are gods.
  2. Ironsunz is amazing.
  3. Ardboys are amazing with support.
  4. Goregruntas are fantastic with/without support.
  5. Oh god do we all need more CP's everytime ever.
  6. Brutes are to expensive. Maybe they are still useful if you build around them?
  7. Man Brutes needed to be Bravery 7/8 :( 
  8. There are several "reliable" 4-1 lists in Ironjawz.
  9. There are several "reliable" 4-1 lists in Big Waaagh which are based on Ironjawz.
  10. A good player with a solid list can definitely go 5-0 and win the tournament ;) 

Yeah matchups plays a big part obviously, but watching both the game vs Khorne and vs Slaanesh he played extremely well. Especially the game vs Slaanesh was quite awesome to see - He was very patient and played it  it very calculated rather than just max moving everything and spamming MD.

My army has consisted of largely GGs recently, and I really feel the lack of bodies - Epsecially screening - When playing the double Maw Krusha setup. The insane amount of Ardboyz (55) he was playing with looked awesome on the table. Still got that hammer unit of 6 GGs. I still have an Ardboyz box and another starter box laying around on sprues, I just dread putting them together and painting them.

I would love to upgrade his Megaboss on foot to a Maw Krusha, because the Megaboss didn't really do anything in both of the 2 games from what I saw, just not sure what I would cut. 😛

Edited by Kasper

10 minutes ago, Kasper said:

I would love to upgrade his Megaboss on foot to a Maw Krusha, because the Megaboss didn't really do anything in both of the 2 games from what I saw, just not sure what I would cut. 😛

The Megaboss was clearly there to take the Right Fist of Dakkabad and let him use the Waaagh! if he wanted, additionally with the Sunblessed Armour the Footboss is a good holder for Arcane Places of Power when surrounded by Ardboys. The cabbage was dropped to give him more bodies on the board for the 3 warchanters to buff up. 

List wise adding a cabbage would just weaken it as it stands atm.

13 minutes ago, Kasper said:

Yeah matchups plays a big part obviously, but watching both the game vs Khorne and vs Slaanesh he played extremely well. Especially the game vs Slaanesh was quite awesome to see - He was very patient and played it  it very calculated rather than just max moving everything and spamming MD.

I was actually referring to the fact more of us didn't go 4-1 😆

16 minutes ago, Kasper said:

My army has consisted of largely GGs recently, and I really feel the lack of bodies - Epsecially screening - When playing the double Maw Krusha setup. The insane amount of Ardboyz (55) he was playing with looked awesome on the table. Still got that hammer unit of 6 GGs. I still have an Ardboyz box and another starter box laying around on sprues, I just dread putting them together and painting them.

I'll cover that in the round up post I do. From a personal perspective rather than judging anyone else's lists. At a quick glance his list can be summarised as "Command points, Ironsunz, Bodies, Warchanters." The big tech I wouldn't have thought of is the Fungoid+Scuttletide and I love the Scuttletide in my Gitz :D Overall it's a well trimmed list which is probably a reasonable 3/4 list in the hands of most players, very easy to ****** up with though.

21 hours ago, Skumbaagh said:

Warscroll builder is updated with ardboys in units of 10 to be battleline also in IJ. FAQ is not updated. Could there have been more stuff updated in an official answer somewhere? 

What are people’s opinions? In pissed this was not in the FAQ or confirmation that it is intended that BigG can have a mount trait. 

In case anyone is interested here are the results from Dragonfall GT outside of Chicago.

I took an 'Ardfist and went 3-2, losing in round five against Mike in the Ironjawz mirror match.  (I am 0-3 in the Ironjawz mirror.  It is very easy to lose.)  My other loss was a minor loss by 60 kill points to the best overall Slaneesh in game one.

We both had Ironsunz.  Sunzblessed armor is amazing.  A'ight get 'em!  is amazing.  'Ardfist is amazing if you can roll a 4+.  

We are spoiled for choice right now for army builds.  The heart of playing the army is balancing command point usage.

EH75kAZXUAAyKrV?format=png&name=small

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Here’s a list I took to a 3 round competitive tourney and won 2 of 3, lost the third because I made a tactical mistake that cost me the game by 1 point in the last round.

Bloodtoof tribe

megaboss - quick duff amulet.

megaboss on maw krusha - boss hacka and choppa - ethereal amulet - brutish cunning

warcaster

warcaster

3x gore gruntas - jagged gore hacka

6x gore gruntas - jagged gore hacka

9x gore gruntas - jagged gore hacka
Gore fist

reroll

This list hits everything in the first turn no matter where your opponent is on the table.

Warcasters give drums to the two larger gore units at the start of the hero phase for extra damage. You teleport the big unit of gruntas anywhere you want and then it moves 9 in the hero phase due to gore fist. The other two units move 9 in the hero phase.  You use command ability to push the maw Krusha forward, then 2 units of gruntas. and the boss declares waaagh. Use get em or kill a beat to either get the longest charge off right or make the pigs wound on 2’s. 

watch your opponent complain about losing the game before they take the first turn. 

now mind you I have just started playing Sigmar so I ran the combo past the TO before starting the tourney to make sure I wasn’t making a rules mistake. 

I had 3 games under my belt before the tourney.  My first opponent was a teleporting slaan who summoned Dino’s. He castles up in one corner and generated summoning points with a thick front line of battalions that rerolled 3+ armor saves and his slaan behind. In turn 1 I had the Krusha and all the gore gruntas in a 3 inch ring around his entire army from the long edge corner to short edge. People came over and took photos. Boom, all he is left with is 2 units of skinks I had walked around, a slaan, a saurus with banner and a triceratops engine of the gods. He teleported out and the Star fall objectives dropped so he started summoning skinks to get objectives. I kill the engine and move my army back to mid table and charge to wreck 7 units of skinks. He teleports nearer the objectives to drop skinks (out numbering me in them) and gobbles up more victory points. I kill all but 1 unit of skinks and the slaan, I get a double turn and slam 6 gore gruntas and the boss into his slaan and this is where I lost. Instead of wrecking the skinks near the objective I needed to win I tried to kill the slaan with boars and failed, skinks step out of combat within range of objective and wins by 1, I still kill slaan.

second game was against a weird empire gun line teleporting around in a bridge, I pin him in corner and he loses to objectives. 

last round was slaanesh who I watched a few videos of and my opponent goes text book, moves his entire army up and can’t charge as I deploy on the table edge, then I smash in and teleport 9 gores behind, hammer meets anvil. He locks everything down with locus except for one unit that destroys what it is facing and then breaks the rest of my army out of go last jail as each destroys a unit. My opponent conceded at the start of turn 2 as he had 48 depravity and no where to summon as his last two characters were swamped.

the key here is that with gore fist, a push from general and normal move you get a 27” move. Also the teleport says you can not move in the following movement phase but gore fist lets you move in the hero phase. Now you can’t fail that charge. The boss with his free command strat to move also gets a 24” move. Waaagh, enjoy your meal. You could even opt to save the teleport until later if you need. 

1 hour ago, svnvaldez said:

What are people’s opinions? In pissed this was not in the FAQ or confirmation that it is intended that BigG can have a mount trait. 

I asked the dude who made/runs Warscroll Builder and he checked with the relevant authorities on the Ardboy question, since it now says 10 for Ironjawz as well that's essentially confirmation.

Equally there is no rule which states Big G can't have a mount trait and all other named characters are allowed it where relevant. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Kasper said:

I would love to upgrade his Megaboss on foot to a Maw Krusha, because the Megaboss didn't really do anything in both of the 2 games from what I saw, just not sure what I would cut.

-1 Megaboss, -1 warchanter, 10 ardboys and find another 20 pts. it's  -18 wound, -2 units.

Might not seem a lot, but having a big chunk of point in a single model can always be a problem. Let look at the current state vs old book:

1. Maw krusha is more potent, but cost 40 pts more.

2. 10 ardboys (our cheapest individual model) are now 18 vs 14 pts per model.

3. Before book, MK was our best damage buff (with waaagh) making him almos mandatory. Now our best buff is Warchanter. 

A Maw Krusha does roughly the amount of damage of 15 ardboys. But with those 15 ardboys, i've another 10 ardboys sitting somewhere. 10 ardboys buffed  warchanter can actually bring you pretty far now i a tight game.

Obviously, it does bring something to the army like mobility and rend 2. But now with hand of gork, and double moving pig i think we have other option to cover mobility. And if you want to strike early (to kill screen or wing unit), you're better send up anything than a MK as you'll sacrifice much less points. 

Right now I seem to have easier time fitting him in Big Waaagh, cause in big waaagh you have access to much cheaper model/wound. Maybe in a Ardfist too, as the bataillion is not very expensive, and you can bring back dead model (and opponent might want to kill warchanter first ignoring the Cabbage for a turn or 2).

Another option is to use it as an Elite Anvil (taking Ironclad + ignax scale is the best set up I think for that). Problem is that is really risky against some army (skaven, FEC, Slaneesh, Fyreslayer) but could be really efficient against other. Army with no rend will just bounce on him, so if you engage him turn 1 and he survive and fight in your hero phase, you might win the game right there.

And finally, if you plan to play super aggressive (at least a 3 units alpha strike) then you're kind of hoping you'll kill enough important stuff that it doesn't matter anyway. 

Quick question gents,

Let's say we're doing a 2v2 and I'm fielding some 720 pts and I only have a warchanter as a general. Can my Ironjawz be from the Ironsunz clan and benefit from the -1to hit first turn? Since I can't take anything but a realm artefact anyway, I figured this might be powerful still.