Age of Sigmar: Second Edition

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Kirjava13 said:

Oooh the endless spells are coloured plastic. The purple sun is already purple!

Where have you seen this? That's interesting.

I like how they're using coloured plastics. However, from a modelling perspective, as they still as workable etc as grey plastics? I know from experience some models, like the Balewind, used a different sort of grey plastic and it wasn't as soft etc. Much cheaper. I was a bit put off the Thunder and Blood set (gold and red plastics) because of it. 

23 minutes ago, Kirjava13 said:

Oooh the endless spells are coloured plastic. The purple sun is already purple!

I really hope that's not true.

For Shadespire, where painting is not really a thing so much, colored plastics are fine.

But for a hobby game like AoS, the last thing we need is encouragement to not paint. There is already too much bare plastic on many gaming tables.

6 minutes ago, Kirjava13 said:

Well you're outta luck then, because they're coloured plastic. Made in China into the bargain.

I would throw into this discussion that some of the more recent bits produced in China have been much better quality - the Necromunda bases spring to mind and things like the Azyrite Ruins.

I did hear (and take this with a pinch of salt) that this was because GW was supplying the casting equipment rather than the supplier doing this.

The models still seem nice quality, bit chunkier than usual. The box notes that they were developed in Great Britain but made in glorious people's republic of China. 

In case anyone's wondering, my store manager was unboxing his when I went in to order White Dwarf and he let me have a quick butchers.

1 hour ago, syph0n said:

Where have you seen this? That's interesting.

I like how they're using coloured plastics. However, from a modelling perspective, as they still as workable etc as grey plastics? I know from experience some models, like the Balewind, used a different sort of grey plastic and it wasn't as soft etc. Much cheaper. I was a bit put off the Thunder and Blood set (gold and red plastics) because of it. 

If am not mistaken, all GW plastic are colored (in grey or red...). Quality should be 99% the same. For the old plastic terrain, yes they were bad (and horrible to built), but it's not related to coloring I believe...

2 hours ago, Sleboda said:

For Shadespire, where painting is not really a thing so much, colored plastics are fine.

But for a hobby game like AoS, the last thing we need is encouragement to not paint. There is already too much bare plastic on many gaming tables.

It won’t affect anything. If someone was going to paint them, they still will, and if they weren’t going to anyway they won’t. If anything it’ll be a bit of variety in someone’s otherwise grey army. 

5 minutes ago, kuroyume said:

Absolutely. Bandai makes the best model kit line in the world using colored plastics (and sometimes using multiple injections for multiple colors in the same sprue)

GW actually did multi-color Sector Imperialis plastic injection (they had clear on the same sprue)

https://www.games-workshop.com/Warhammer-40000-objective-markers-2017

And the SCE were all done in Gold plastic for the recent batch, and the 40k deathguard were green.

1 minute ago, TheOtherJosh said:

GW actually did multi-color Sector Imperialis plastic injection (they had clear on the same sprue)

https://www.games-workshop.com/Warhammer-40000-objective-markers-2017

Nice, cool to see GW trying some of the cool new stuff. I kinda wish they did some improvement to their production processes The mould lines in some kits are seriously embarrassing, and nub placement in a lot of kits is terrible.

2 hours ago, Kirjava13 said:

The models still seem nice quality, bit chunkier than usual. The box notes that they were developed in Great Britain but made in glorious people's republic of China. 

In case anyone's wondering, my store manager was unboxing his when I went in to order White Dwarf and he let me have a quick butchers.

There is nothing inherently lower quality about manufacturing in China.  In fact many of the manufacturing processes in China are the best in the world.  One of the main reasons the US imports steel is because the country has no facilities that can produce the quality that China can (which they developed to support the three gorges dam project.  An interesting knock on effect is that their concrete is also higher quality because it incorporates the steel slag balls that are a byproduct of steel production).

3 hours ago, Sleboda said:

Dunno, if it's my OCD or something, but having part of my Death Guard army in green and the other part grey made me paint them faster :D

I was thinking about my high elves and their balista, the "high elf bolt throwers"

I hope that GW will update this unit's warscroll  to be managed like the new Stormcast balista. (and all the other machineries like this one: canons, balista, catapults) etc... I.E. the crew+the machine  = considered as 1 miniature with augmented life points.

39 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

I was thinking about my high elves and their balista, the "high elf bolt throwers"

I hope that GW will update this unit's warscroll  to be managed like the new Stormcast balista. (and all the other machineries like this one: canons, balista, catapults) etc... I.E. the crew+the machine  = considered as 1 miniature with augmented life points.

Considering compendiums are said to be removed with GHB 2018, I doubt they will touch that warscroll until HE legends arrive.

Archived