Age of Sigmar: Second Edition

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Enoby said:

I was wondering about this; there's a new rule that says warscroll rules over core rules. Would this mean that Ripperdactyls will generate extra attacks from their extra attacks as that is specifically on their warscroll? It seems like that is RAW, but I don't know if it's intentional or one of those rules GW forgot about.

There's already a bit of discussion going on about this over in this thread, so probably best for us to head over there rather than duplicate :)

14 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

There's already a bit of discussion going on about this over in this thread, so probably best for us to head over there rather than duplicate :)

Thanks! I must have missed it :)

18 hours ago, stratigo said:

I think AoS 2.0 is gonna fall into the trap that 40k 7th did.

I don't think any wargame is ever going to be as inaccessible as 40k 7th Edition. That was absolutely atrocious.

The main rulebook and GHB18 will see you through. You only really need Malign Sorcery if you want to include Endless Spells and use realm spells, but then you can get away with one between two players if one of you only needs to glance at the spells.

Just now, AlphaKennyThing said:

I don't think any wargame is ever going to be as inaccessible as 40k 7th Edition. That was absolutely atrocious.

The main rulebook and GHB18 will see you through. You only really need Malign Sorcery if you want to include Endless Spells and use realm spells, but then you can get away with one between two players if one of you only needs to glance at the spells.

The Malign Sorcery book provides the new Realm Specific Artefacts (relics/Weapons), updates to Path to Glory and some additional battleplans.

So it does have merit for armies not using the spells.

1 hour ago, chord said:

Does GHB 2018 have a mix of narrative and matched battle plans like previous editions?  I am not interested in the core rule book but like to play both methods.

Actually the GHB18 will have the 6 from GHB16, the 6 from GHB17 and 6 new battleplans for every type of play according to the articles and reviews posted.

27 minutes ago, Vanger said:

Actually the GHB18 will have the 6 from GHB16, the 6 from GHB17 and 6 new battleplans for every type of play according to the articles and reviews posted.

I thought the core book has the GH16 ones and GH18 has the 6 from 17 and 6 new ones?

7 hours ago, GeneralZero said:

"The Top 8 Skulls Khorne wishes he could add to the Skull throne"

The article is not bad per se. But it doesn't add anything that we don't know. Even lore wise. It gives me the feeling of emptyness blahblah. Just my point of view.  More of this, it opens the door of more useless articles while we are in the need of more informations. There're have been zero informations about the game for a while now whereas the pre-order has launched. 

We are not in 2015 with a blank sheet for a total new game: we are in 2018 with a mature game with already solid rules, many factions and armies ready to go. 

I'm so in the hurry to know more about the 2 upcoming armies.

It could possibly be a list of upcoming models since some of them already have representation in game, while others don't. They do have art for most of them already.

27 minutes ago, Ar-Pharazôn said:

Next up is "Top 7 Diseases Nurgle wishes to spread!", followed by, " 9 different party pranks as taught by Tzeentch!", and finally, "Slaanesh's 6 Secret -CENSORED-"

almost that: the next one is "The Art of Sigmar"

phhhhh

It is now clear that we won't have anything to eat before launch

Is anyone seriously expecting gw to spill the beans on the new nighthaunt and stormcast books before the Open Day?? Whoever said this is the eye of the storm had the right idea, weve been truly spoilt for previews in the last few weeks, now theres a breather but i fully expect gw to blow us away again on june 30th! In the meantime we're still getting free short stories on the malign portents website, which imo is hands down the best marketing gw have ever done (kharadrons vs zombie apocalypse is my favourite and im plannimg a narrative refight in the near future using the necromunda terrain as landing platforms!!)

29 minutes ago, Captain Marius said:

Is anyone seriously expecting gw to spill the beans on the new nighthaunt and stormcast books before the Open Day?? Whoever said this is the eye of the storm had the right idea, weve been truly spoilt for previews in the last few weeks, now theres a breather but i fully expect gw to blow us away again on june 30th! In the meantime we're still getting free short stories on the malign portents website, which imo is hands down the best marketing gw have ever done (kharadrons vs zombie apocalypse is my favourite and im plannimg a narrative refight in the near future using the necromunda terrain as landing platforms!!)

I think you're right. I'd imagine they are going to fully show off everything on the 30th, which means that we probably won't get a Sunday pre-order preview this upcoming week. 

It all makes sense I just wish I knew a bit more about the Nighthaunt and wasn't pouring over every little scrap of info, but maybe thats the fun of it all!

1 hour ago, Furuzzolo said:

Mmm, that happened tonight:

If my opponent summon 5 plaguebearers and i kill them, how many points are they worth? We tied objective and looked at units killed for the minor victory. 

They would be worth 120 points at present, as per points they are bought in blocks of 10 regardless of how many you actually put on the table.

16 hours ago, hughwyeth said:

I thought the core book has the GH16 ones and GH18 has the 6 from 17 and 6 new ones?

Actually you're right and my reply to @chord was misleading. I've checked the https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/06/05/soul-wars-announced/ article and at the GHB18 it mentions, that the Core book will have 6, GHB18 will have 12 and Malign Sorcery will have 2 more battleplans for Matched Play.  

14 minutes ago, Furuzzolo said:

Yeah, so we're not sure.... 

In 1.0 they gave points like a full units, am i wrong?

You're completely right - however that's because they cost (reinforcement) points.  Because the summoning "cost" has been hard baked into units, I've a feeling that summoned units may not be worth any points once slain.  However for purposes of Blood Tithe and similar, they do count.  Equally if the battleplan states "units slain" rather than "points of units slain", then it would count too.

43 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

You're completely right - however that's because they cost (reinforcement) points.  Because the summoning "cost" has been hard baked into units, I've a feeling that summoned units may not be worth any points once slain.  However for purposes of Blood Tithe and similar, they do count.  Equally if the battleplan states "units slain" rather than "points of units slain", then it would count too.

actually that reminds me, they definitely don't give up points, and I think it was Ben Johnson that confirmed it somewhere, because if they did you'd be getting points for them twice because they are accounted for in the cost of other units

8 minutes ago, BobbyB said:

actually that reminds me, they definitely don't give up points, and I think it was Ben Johnson that confirmed it somewhere, because if they did you'd be getting points for them twice because they are accounted for in the cost of other units

Maybe in the summoning podcast? Gonna check it.

By the way i cannot see summoning overprice in the 20 blightkings i faced. Aging hits hard on the eyes ?

10 minutes ago, Furuzzolo said:

Maybe in the summoning podcast? Gonna check it.

By the way i cannot see summoning overprice in the 20 blightkings i faced. Aging hits hard on the eyes ?

Not everything went up, I think each faction was done slightly differently and Ben Johnson confirmed that the last 4 Battletomes have largely stayed the same points wise as they were designed with the new edition in mind.

I guess you just take it at literal face value with summoned units.  There are 4 tie-break things to count that I can think of off the top of my head:

Points killed:  they cost zero points.  You get zero points

Wounds dealt:  they have wounds, you dealt them.  You get to count them.

Models killed:  they are models, they get killed.. You get to count them.

Units killed:  they are a unit that is killed.  You get to count it.

Archived