Bonesplitterz Battletome next!

The Stronghold

Confirmed in WD #129:

It's a bumper week this week as the Bonesplitterz get their own battletome stuffed with art, stories and a huge wealth of cracking new rules.

The wildest of the Orruks found in the Mortal Realms, the Bonesplitterz are constantly in tune with the rolling, violent madness of the Waaagh! Believing the energy of the Waaagh! to reside in the souls of monsters, they hunt great beasts across the realms.

http://www.the-stronghold.com/index.php?/topic/29151-bonesplitterz-battletome-next-confirmed-in-wd-129/

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Vespan said:

That would explain non-existing bonesplitter units in the leaks from general's handbook.

There is a whole Bonesplitterz section in the General's Handbook, including names for units we've not heard of before; Maniak Weirdnob, Wardokk, Wurrgog Prophets, Big Stabbas (as a separate warscroll), Boarboy Maniaks, Savage Orruk Morboys and a whole host of Battalions!

I'm pretty excited to pick up this Battletome. I wonder if it follows the trend set in the Sylvaneth one, by way of a return towards 8th ed Army Books, with spells, traits and artefacts etc. One would expect it does I suppose. 

3 hours ago, Chris Tomlin said:

I wonder if it follows the trend set in the Sylvaneth one, by way of a return towards 8th ed Army Books, with spells, traits and artefacts etc. One would expect it does I suppose. 

Yep, as well as the new warscrolls it has rules for the Lore of the Savage Waaagh! (6 spells exclusive to Bonesplitterz), magic artefacts and arcane treasures, 3 battleplans, battle and command traits, and 9 warscroll battalions (3 of which are for each of the main Bonesplitterz Warclans).

2 minutes ago, The Stronghold said:

Yep, as well as the new warscrolls it has rules for the Lore of the Savage Waaagh! (6 spells exclusive to Bonesplitterz), magic artefacts and arcane treasures, 3 battleplans, battle and command traits, and 9 warscroll battalions (3 of which are for each of the main Bonesplitterz Warclans).

Haha yeh saw your Tweet actually. Was about to reply myself advising of it. Exciting :D 

12 hours ago, amysrevenge said:

Hahahaha

My next project, once I get these last 10 Stormcast off my desk, was already going to be Savage Orcs.  I've already got built, primed, and based 40 Savage Orcs, 20 Savage Orc Boar Boys, and various heroes.

I think I am going to make #beatthebandwagon a thing! ;)

A start collecting box or big army deal would certainly be tempting...although I'm keen to not break my run of not owning a single finecast model since it came out!

37 minutes ago, Couchatron said:

There are already rumors of no new kits. I'm trying to wrap my head around what sort of flesheater-esque kitbash can be done within each kit.  Looking at a Savage Board Boy sprue right now. Not seeing much.

Yeh I wouldn't be expecting new kits...let's take a look over the newly named units and theorize which existing models they could be representing;

Maniak Weirdnob - Savage Shaman on Boar?

Wardokk -  Savage Shaman on foot

Wurrgog Prophets - Wurrzag

Big Stabbas - This one is obvious, though I wonder if it'd be packed separately?

Boarboy Maniaks - Boar Boy Big 'Uns (does the kit have any parts to differentiate at present),

Savage Orruk Morboys - Not so sure on this one? Could it be something as basic as guys with 2 hand weapons (ie more weapons!)?

All the other stuff is what it is, Savage Warboss, Savage Orruks, Savage Orruk Arrowboyz, Savage Boarboyz etc

Anyone else got any ideas?

15 minutes ago, Chris Tomlin said:

Yeh I wouldn't be expecting new kits...let's take a look over the newly named units and theorize which existing models they could be representing;

Big Stabbas - This one is obvious, though I wonder if it'd be packed separately?

Boarboy Maniaks - Boar Boy Big 'Uns (does the kit have any parts to differentiate at present),

Savage Orruk Morboys - Not so sure on this one? Could it be something as basic as guys with 2 hand weapons (ie more weapons!)?

All the other stuff is what it is, Savage Warboss, Savage Orruks, Savage Orruk Arrowboyz, Savage Boarboyz etc

Morboyz are dual hand weapons, I believe. COS DA BOYZ LIKE MOR CHOPPIN'

Not expecting much in the way of new units for this one, more a repack and box size change with the main value added options being the wargear and splitting out Big Stabbas.

Be nice to see a new Leader choice or a decent enslaved monster but not holding my breath

I'm wondering now how the splitting off of the Stabbas will work.  I have 40 Savage Orcs, but more specifically I have 34 individual Savage Orcs and 3 Big Stabbas.  I wonder if I might do well to convert another pair of Big Stabbas and be left with an even 30 Savage Orcs.

15 hours ago, Chris Tomlin said:

I have a feeling the Wurrgog Prophets might be a unit of shamans on foot or on boar. Minimum unit of 3? It's already confirmed that Bonesplittaz is getting a crazy amount of magic.

If the 'Wardokk' is a shaman, I bet his spell boosts the ward save on a unit of shamans by +1. A Dok is typically a doctor or painboy of sorts, this would make a lot of sense.

I'm a little stumped on the Maniaks and Morboyz. The kit doesn't offer anything to make them bigger in ye olde classic Big'Un style. 

Excellent timing! Just started a savage orruks themed army 4 weeks ago. And actually busy painting my first 10! Maybe i should wait a bit with the tattoos :)!

Curiousity, on what do you boys and girls base your tattoos on? Any inspiration sources?

Made this earlier :D

Bonesplittaz.png

Maniaks: Boarboyz armed with 2 Chompas (Bonesplitterz version of Choppas), but even crazier than other Bonesplitterz due to repeated possession by raging, otherworldly animal spirits.

Morboyz: also crazier than regular boyz, equipped with Chompa and Bone Shiv.

Archived