Lets Chat: Idoneth Deepkin

S133arcanite

I chickened out and just bought the book and cards... I don't want to do an Kharadron overlords all over again. Where I bought everything and then I end up not using most of it  (looking at you Ironclad, Gunhaulers, Thunderers and most characters). And in my local area 40k is booming so I am not in a hurry or anything. I just want to make sure that I don't buy anything that will end up in a shelf. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Sharkbelly said:

Quick Q--is the reason so many people like Eternal Guard that they are cheap Battleline units?

I mean it helps that they’re cheap (though they’re not battle line in a Deepkin army). As has been outlined before, their durability is nice. Imagine you get first turn charged by Orruks. Who do you want absorbing that charge? Thralls? Turtle? No way. Too expensive per wound and not durable enough, especially if they go first.

With eternal Guard in the enclave that gives them tides of death, they start out at a 4+ save, re-rolling 1’s and 2’s. If they get to do their fortress and somehow get charged turn 1 (admittedly a fringe case) then they have a re-rollable 3+ armor save.

Babysitting objectives is nice too of course. I’d love to hear a more durable unit that just wants to perch on objectives but also can take a charge and keep ticking. All for only 80 points for 10.

6 hours ago, Hoseman said:

The thing on eternal guard is for the save 4+ and reroll 1 and 2 when in cover so if you put them first next to turtle with the cover they make a good tanky unit. And you can cast mystic shield so 3+ reroll 1-2...

I dont think I will use points on deffensive allys. Im wanna have at least one unit of each thralls because I love the models and I think the 30 attaks on 9" of the reavers is fine... but its true they are expensive unit and I wanna have rendition. Same to the shark, maybe I would give a try but I don't think I could put more than one.

Seems the eels are going to be the stars of the army and I like them but I wanna think thralls will be ok with a caste buffing them. I don't know where I saw but it's possible a caster can resurrect thralls??

Btw maybe DoK bloodsisters and bloodstalkers would make better than thralls? 

The turtle only affects IDK. It's in the war scroll. 

So who else is feeling the Dhom-hain conclave for their army? Beast taming, monster focused army with no forced abilities and pretty good bonuses for the charge and against large creatures, which my guys plan to be hunting anyways. I just need to know the color scheme...

On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 6:13 PM, DantePQ said:

Enclave bonuses I think they look somehow underwhelming(compared to Dollars Temples) Briomdar is cool and obviously Ionarch (but I don't plan on taking allies and Aspect osf the Storm is already good at casting) 

>Ionrach
+1 to casting and unbinding. Command Trait (have to take) allies gain Tides of Death battletrait.
>Dhom-hain
Reroll hit rolls of 1 for Akhelian and Namarti units that made a charge move in the same turn, Rerolls failed wound rolls for Akhelian units that target a monster.
>Fuethan
Reroll hit rolls of 1 for Fuethan units that are affected by Flood Tide (Turn 2), additionally when they would be affected by Ebb Tide (Turn 4) they are instead affected by Flood Tide. In Combat Phase reroll wound rolls of 1 for your mounts.
>Mor'phann
Add +3 to the number of models a Soul Render brings back. Spell (have to take) 6+, if successful pick an visible enemy in 12", they can only move 1" when they Pile In, and any ability that increase their Pile In move are ignored.
>Nautilar
Reroll failed hit rolls for Nautilar units that made a charge move in the same turn. Spell (have to take) 4+, if successful pick an visible Nautilar unit in 12", worsen the Rend of attacks against them by 1.
>Briomdar
Briomdar Soul Scryers can bring three units with them instead of two, and they can be placed wholly within 18" instead of 12", Briomdar units that cannot fly ignore terrain features as though they could fly, they still can't move over models.

I did not even think about the Mor'phann Enclave bonus.  With that and the Namarti Corps, you would guarantee a minimum of 6 thralls resurrecting each turn.  That is quite interesting.  That might make large units of thralls very worth it.

3 minutes ago, whispersofblood said:

Ugh, only useful one seems to be the Royal Court, 2 units of Reavers is at least 1 too many, on top of the cost of the battalion.  But, at 140 the the Royal... probably a pass.

may not sure ithink the royal court is quite alright. With it you can do a turn 1 charge with 3 big units of eels. Soul scryer is +3" to charge move, and then +3 to thier normal move. Now your doing an average movement+charge of 27"

1 minute ago, mmimzie said:

may not sure ithink the royal court is quite alright. With it you can do a turn 1 charge with 3 big units of eels. Soul scryer is +3" to charge move, and then +3 to thier normal move. Now your doing an average movement+charge of 27"

Assuming I want the Tidecaster though, its 260 pts of stuff that could be use elsewhere. That is almost 6 more eels. 

Any info on the what the Tidecasters, warscroll has going on? Is he just a 1 cast, 1 unbind wizard, if he isn't the general?

1 hour ago, whispersofblood said:

Assuming I want the Tidecaster though, its 260 pts of stuff that could be use elsewhere. That is almost 6 more eels. 

Any info on the what the Tidecasters, warscroll has going on? Is he just a 1 cast, 1 unbind wizard, if he isn't the general?

If he's general you can reverse the tide table meaning you start with ebb tide then high tide. meaning you can do high tide one turn earlier, and if you pick futhan enclave you can do flodo tide turn one which is pretty big. 

Other than that it is a 1 cast/unbind wizard with a -1 to hit spell that when it wares off does d3 mortal wounds. 

3 hours ago, mmimzie said:

Other than that it is a 1 cast/unbind wizard with a -1 to hit spell that when it wares off does d3 mortal wounds. 

I think he is worth it for the spell alone. Combine that with Aspect of the Sea spell and  if you get both off and you can out -2 on one enemy unit.  Akhelian King could get -3 with artefact. 

1 minute ago, Jak Shadow said:

I think he is worth it for the spell alone. Combine that with Aspect of the Sea spell and  if you get both off and you can out -2 on one enemy unit.  Akhelian King could get -3 with artefact. 

-4 if it's a hero below 8 wounds with the storm aspect nearby... but that would be silly at this point

38 minutes ago, Acid_Nine said:

-4 if it's a hero below 8 wounds with the storm aspect nearby... but that would be silly at this point

29 minutes ago, Aelfric said:

Why not ally in a sorceress for -5!

Not gonna name any names... but i feel some of us have become as cruel as the armies we desire to collect <.< LMAO!~

1 hour ago, Acid_Nine said:

If we keep getting new allies how are we going to afford a frost phoenix for a -1 wound?

Or a Bloodwrack Medusa for the same effect, from our current ally list. She actually might not be a bad option, given that her stare will also help deal with big defensive blobs.

Archived