Lets Chat: Idoneth Deepkin

S133arcanite

5 minutes ago, ledha said:

the fact that the army have a 5+ spell that act as a better Stormcast Staunch Defenders make me crazy haha

why ? It's more about how certain ability interacts with whole army, Deepkin aren't tanky, do not have access to save re-rolls. Staunch Defender is awesome and much better in SCE then 9'' spell that gives cover. 

Army seem strong but it isn't OP, I think Turtle and Sharks will see limited competitive play, Aspects are cool but expensive. There is no way to go cheap on battelines. 

Does anybody knows what kidn fo rules/stats/items named King has ?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, DantePQ said:

why ? It's more about how certain ability interacts with whole army, Deepkin aren't tanky, do not have access to save re-rolls. Staunch Defender is awesome and much better in SCE then 9'' spell that gives cover. 

Army seem strong but it isn't OP, I think Turtle and Sharks will see limited competitive play, Aspects are cool but expensive. There is no way to go cheap on battelines. 

Does anybody knows what kidn fo rules/stats/items named King has ?

It's kind of surprising to me that GW was designing a new army and thought "you know what would be awesome? Another army that gets wrecked by Tzeentch!"

Chaff 'em up, unleash some spells and say sayonara.

That's why comeptitive wise I prefer DoK as I have amazing record with Changehost (3 major wins and 1 minor) 

But I think changes to Changehost are coming I could easily see with updated rules that Balewind will be removed from matched play. Also rolling for turn will help as well as giving Gaunt Summoner only everchosen keyword (without Tzeentch keyword). 

Two questions;

- Anyone got pics / screenshots or descriptions of the colour schemes for the different enclaves? Mor’phann sounds particularly interesting to me.

- Just to make sure I read this right (in Daughters of Khaine for their temples), do you need to use the Idoneth Deepkin allegiance to be able to use an enclave? The wording in DoK for their temples implies the matching allegiance isn’t needed, but wanted to check anyway.

44 minutes ago, Richelieu said:

It's kind of surprising to me that GW was designing a new army and thought "you know what would be awesome? Another army that gets wrecked by Tzeentch!"

Chaff 'em up, unleash some spells and say sayonara.

For now, it's true, just another easy win for Tz. But the changes (pun intended) are coming and I belive GW will tone down Tzeentch a little bit, so he can be in line with other armies - although for sure Tzeentch will be top tier no matter the nerfs, unless heavy, with his targetable mortal wounds, cheap spamable wounds, spliting horrors, etc. 

Will ID fit into the meta right now? Hard to say. I think, for now, they can achive some low tier 1 results/high tier 2, but being easy prey for the Changehost doesn't help at all. 

My first thought was to put part of a ship, the cheapest wizard, and the priest in the corner of the map. Give the wizard the balewind vortex and the spell that does damage the farther away they are hitting closest. A small mortal wound missile launcher every round and a prayer on a 7+ every round seems like it could be good

7 hours ago, DantePQ said:

Yes, exactly like taking specific item/Trait is in DoK enclaves. 

well that kinda ruins my excitement for that city if I can't make use of idoneth spells outside of that. I think i'm going to be counting on cover bubble spells for now until I get a leviadon.

5 hours ago, CDM said:

Yeah it forces you really to invest in the good pounds to points models like the eidelon, which is ok but it's good to have options

I may be weird in this aspect, but when I get into an army, I tend to have the tendency of wanting to collecting everything surrounding said army, so I can make lists on the spot if needed. Perhaps it is time to wait for a start collecting set instead haha.

So seems everybody has got disappointed with ID? Seems with all this comments they have paased from an elite army before battletome reviews to a medium level and expensive army with a nice wizard...

I was waiting to make a new army half a year to expand my order collection and now it looks like they will go on the shell very beauty but to play I will have to go as always with SCE... hope not. I wanna make a nice ID army with maybe eternal guard as battleline or some mixed sylvaneth Alarielle + treelord + ID AoSea + Eels + volutros and some reavers.. hope to find a good combination for competitive with ID and put a side my SCE... 

Personally i think they look amazing. i dont have as much experience with age of sigmar as i would like, but they still seem strong. I think more people are upset because they are expensive moneywise. point wise the only guys i think that are "bad" are the sharks. gotta wait for the battletome to make sure.

I am still excited for the army. they look fun and annoying.

11 minutes ago, Hoseman said:

So seems everybody has got disappointed with ID? Seems with all this comments they have paased from an elite army before battletome reviews to a medium level and expensive army with a nice wizard...

I was waiting to make a new army half a year to expand my order collection and now it looks like they will go on the shell very beauty but to play I will have to go as always with SCE... hope not. I wanna make a nice ID army with maybe eternal guard as battleline or some mixed sylvaneth Alarielle + treelord + ID AoSea + Eels + volutros and some reavers.. hope to find a good combination for competitive with ID and put a side my SCE... 

Well now the mystery is out a large portion of us is looking at what we have, and some may like it and others may not, simple as that. I can only speak for myself when I say I'm looking forward to collecting this army quite a bit, and though it has some major flaws I feel it can still be good, even in a more mixed order list. Every army should be fun to play, but not every army should be broken.

personally, I'm kinda disappointed by the lack of rend on a lot of models and most command abilities being situational, but at the same time I'm hoping to make at least a 1,000 point army of eel riders and mounted lists. Why? Cause I absolutely love Calvary, have a good idea of how they play, and love aquatic themes and settings. It may be different for everyone but that simple stuff can be all you need to draw one in. If you want to make a list without stormcasts, well why not give it a try? Honestly I'm probably going to get my face stomped in in my meta If I do try to start this army, but hopefully I can get better with it.

It's not like they won't be good - I just see that they will suffer against Changehost for sure and suffer greatly - even without Vortex thay would. I think some builds will be ultra cool

- spam of Thralls to start with 3x30 with Aspect of the Sea + deepstrike hero + 6 defensive eels + mage would be ultra playable, 3 big blocks with high bravery, ability to deepstrike, 3 spells a turn, can run and charge turn 2. Sure will get thei butts kicked by Changehost and it won't be easy army to play with.  I won't be doing it as mono armies are boring and they would feel like  worse Daughters of Khaine for me.  I just don't see them Top Tier after they info we got (and we know pretty much everything). 

2 minutes ago, DantePQ said:

It's not like they won't be good - I just see that they will suffer against Changehost for sure and suffer greatly - even without Vortex thay would. I think some builds will be ultra cool

- spam of Thralls to start with 3x30 with Aspect of the Sea + deepstrike hero + 6 defensive eels + mage would be ultra playable, 3 big blocks with high bravery, ability to deepstrike, 3 spells a turn, can run and charge turn 2. Sure will get thei butts kicked by Changehost and it won't be easy army to play with.  I won't be doing it as mono armies are boring and they would feel like  worse Daughters of Khaine for me.  I just don't see them Top Tier after they info we got (and we know pretty much everything). 

I think all armies have at least 1 rival army they are not that good against though. I don't think it is a problem. I love the idea of playing 3 groups of 30 thralls though :), despite it being an extremely expensive thing to do.

I almost fight with nurgle, khorne and ironjawz. My most competitive friend goes nurgle and I enjoy a lot our battles. I don't have studied DoK, I just saw witches too low defense and the new ones I can't see why can be better than ID. I'm looking to start with a 1k points and then go more, of course I will give them a try and they are beautiful just to collect them, is just I'm not on that kind of army's like  18 eels, 40 thralls and that... maybe I'm wrong btw

47 minutes ago, Hoseman said:

Haha but read any faction page to see that everyone is disappointed with their armies, its a weird thing.

Also most of the YouTube comments on the spoiler videos are how OP Idoneth will be on the tabletop.  So, I expect we will go through this for a while and in the end, Idoneth will be just fine.

31 minutes ago, Caladancid said:

Haha but read any faction page to see that everyone is disappointed with their armies, its a weird thing.

Also most of the YouTube comments on the spoiler videos are how OP Idoneth will be on the tabletop.  So, I expect we will go through this for a while and in the end, Idoneth will be just fine.

Hah, so true. Although i still belive they gonna be fine. They got tremendous staying powet against normal attacks with all the debuffs, cover saves and so on, they just lack some serious punch outside of the boring 3x30 Thralls and can't dish out many mortal wounds, while being seriously vulnerable to them themself. Shield eels alone will laugh at some lists, like KO, while buffed Eidolon himself can take 30 Tzaangors and have more than half hit points left. 

So, once again - strong, but not overpowered and with some weaknesses. 

1 hour ago, Hoseman said:

I would say, I'm not disappointed with overall power level, as some strong lists are available. But slightly disappointed with the range of playstyles, and the internal balance. I was hoping to be able to play a shootier, more avoidance style list than is actually possible, using lots of (what I thought would be) mobile bolt-thrower sharks, backed up by and archers. But the sharks seem utterly underwhelming - basically just another combat unit that is worse than eels, with weedy little gun tacked on. So that play style doesn't seem viable anymore.

However, I remain excited to build a list around the eel cav, with lots of mobile tarpits and one big hammer unit of Morsarr. I still need to find something to provide the shooting I want - perhaps the Reavers are fine, but I'm also looking at a few ally options.

So overall, I'm pretty happy - the marine theme alone is enough for me to buy in. But I think there was a missed opportunity to make the sharks and turtles  into really cool ranged support units.

9 minutes ago, Weebey said:

Hey guys, I see everyone praising the shielded guys on eels but I didn't see the warscroll (or leaked parts of it), can someone summarize what makes them good please? :)

4 up save, 3 up on turn one due to army wide cover. 3 up on the charge. Entirely immune to rend. Give them mystic shield for a 2 up save ignoring rend

20 minutes ago, Melcavuk said:

4 up save, 3 up on turn one due to army wide cover. 3 up on the charge. Entirely immune to rend. Give them mystic shield for a 2 up save ignoring rend

Not to mention cover saves all other times thanks to spells and leviadons.

Archived