New Aelves

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since April Deepkin is all but confirmed I would guess after that:

June-July something Death

Nothing AoS for the rest of the year except maybe a BT without new models and if we are lucky as hell, Ruination.

2019: Shadowkin and Slaanesh update. I would love them to be released by mid year with a new starting set, thus breaking the trend of Chaos gods updates on January each year.

Lightkin would have to wait until 2020. But by then we will have Sacrosanct, Auxiliaries, Darkoath, Moonclan.

Nah too much elves. We don't want endless elves jesus. Give it a years break you got two new armies and Sylavaneth for elf factions thats a lot. Just wait for awhile. Give the other armies turns. I expect it will be a stormcast release of some sort next year since you know its obligatory. Also it is the earliest point I expect to see new stuff for the Kharadron Overlords since they are so well loved and sell great. 

I want to see new takes on Skaven, Grot, death and for an order faction lizardmen before I see another elf army. Don't worry you know its coming its just a matter of when. Also I wonder if the fishmen battle tomb was for real or a joke? I mean I thought joke but at this point anything is possible. Once at least 2-3 of those is out of the way we can talk elves again. Also I still feel there is room for at least two more dwarf armies as well. I want a AoS spin on land dwarves. I think all the fake rumors  from before the Kharadron were revealed of dwarves transforming themselves into golems and using golem tech sounds near. I actually think they should be using magic instead of technology or sheer determination. Their troops would be a modern take on the classic disspossessed but AoS up a but, but most of their army would revolve around war golems of magic stone. Some of them could be made from pure animated metal and other cool stuff. I think it has potential. All the dwarves are so nice compared to many. I also think there is room for a more hard edge evil dwarf of some sort. Dwarves who dug so deep they were changed by the strange properties of their realm and can control its very properties like magic. More molten spirit of metal than dwarf left and a hell of a lot of range and anger at having been abandoned by all their peoples and turned into this thing. 

All these Aelf factions that we have been given hints of sound pretty exciting. I imagine they were all conceptualised together, hence the hints in the Dok battletome tome. I do agree though that it would be a mistake to release the other books too soon. 

In the rest of 2018 I would expect a moonclan book, some more Stormcast and hopefully a new range of minis for death. In 2019 we will probably see Slaanesh and then hopefully some new Skaven, another destruction faction and  some normal humans.

Once those books are done it will be time to return to the Aelves. 

29 minutes ago, Chikout said:

All these Aelf factions that we have been given hints of sound pretty exciting. I imagine they were all conceptualised together, hence the hints in the Dok battletome tome. I do agree though that it would be a mistake to release the other books too soon. 

In the rest of 2018 I would expect a moonclan book, some more Stormcast and hopefully a new range of minis for death. In 2019 we will probably see Slaanesh and then hopefully some new Skaven, another destruction faction and  some normal humans.

Once those books are done it will be time to return to the Aelves. 

But Slaanesh will happen in the War of Shadows, which means we need Shadowkin for it to happen. Hence the conclusion that Shadowkin will be 2019 as well.

7 minutes ago, Kurrilino said:

I know everyone is hyped.

But please leave the rumor thread for actual rumors.

Wishlisting future releases are no rumors. And for the love of Sigmar, don't even include 40k into the wishlisting

I think you got a bit confused. This is not the rumour thread! 

Very exciting news all round. The Idoneth sound intresting, consiering they were failed by Teclis, in a sense, I wonder what if they hold any resentment for him and the rest of the Aelven Pantheon. 

I want see Malerion most of all though can't wait to see how he's brought to life, and his kin. 

9 hours ago, MacDuff said:

I think nothing after July might be an overly pessimistic timeline. 

In 2016 the last full release was sylvaneth in july/august, followed by battletomes for bonesplittaz and beastclaws. No more models until tzeentch arcanites in january (except the random release of the lord veritant iirc)

In 2017 the last full release was kharadrons in april/may, with no more models or battletomes until maggotkin this january.

GW are not adverse to leaving huge gaps between model releases for AoS - this caused damage to my local gaming group last year, which we've still not recovered from.

There seems to be some good momentum built up now though so hopefully it can be sustained!

8 minutes ago, Captain Marius said:

In 2016 the last full release was sylvaneth in july/august, followed by battletomes for bonesplittaz and beastclaws. No more models until tzeentch arcanites in january (except the random release of the lord veritant iirc)

In 2017 the last full release was kharadrons in april/may, with no more models or battletomes until maggotkin this january.

GW are not adverse to leaving huge gaps between model releases for AoS - this caused damage to my local gaming group last year, which we've still not recovered from.

There seems to be some good momentum built up now though so hopefully it can be sustained!

Sure, there is a unique releases-momentum for AoS right now. But as we know that April or May will be covered almost fully by the Deepkin and then judging a Death release likely at some other point, I don't see GW leaving 40k unattended for so long. 2018 has brought little new for 40k (Adeptus Custodes, which pretty much builds on the earlier Talons of the Emperor). It apparently will not bring anything else for a while. So even with all the marketing linked to 8th edition and reboot, the only really new factions they have gotten in the last year+ are Primaris (not so original, but a lucrative idea) and Deathguard (very much building on the Blightkings/Rotbringers). I have thus the feeling that second half 2018 will be focused on two new factions (or huge updates) for 40k. 

I would love for a reincarnated Kurnous to be released. Being devoured by Slaanesh doesn’t mean gone forever as we have seen. Him leading shadow warriors and white lions along with maybe some new hunter units, or as the hunt master in a sylvaneth army would be cool. The shadow warriors (Alith  Anars warriors) and the chracians where all elves who held Kurnous as the main elves god. 

Him at the head of the wanderers would also be great. Both the shadow warriors and white lions could become wanderer allegiance. Pure wishlisting but would be awesome 

Kurnous was not devoured by Slaanesh in End Times. He was killed by Tyrion (aka Khaine). Which I guess makes some sort of comeback easier to imagine. But then, the way they have imagined death gods to comeback (being broken, scattered and having some faithful hunt for their broken parts) is getting old. 

4 minutes ago, Turgol said:

Kurnous was not devoured by Slaanesh in End Times. He was killed by Tyrion (aka Khaine). Which I guess makes some sort of comeback easier to imagine. But then, the way they have imagined death gods to comeback (being broken, scattered and having some faithful hunt for their broken parts) is getting old. 

I actually think he already is “resurrected” in a way. I think the answer is in battletome: Sylvaneth. Where the hunt master of Kurnous is describes as allarielles closest advisor. I think that is Orion/Kurnous

Archived