New Aelves

15 hours ago, DantePQ said:

Mate stop writing laughable stuff :P 

OK, no need to be rude. We're talking about plastic figures.

When Sylvaneth was released Treemans, Dryads and Branchwych were literally folded into them. 

Hold on a sec. Wood Elves got torn in two. Treemen, Dryads, and Branchwychs are the basis of the Sylvaneth faction. They were not folded into anything (without them there is basically no faction). They were separated from the Wood Elves to make 2 factions.

The DoK are clearly a Greek myth/ snake-monster/amazon flavoured army. What exactly makes cloaked riders and assassins fit with that aesthetic? Seriously, where are you seeing a connection, other than they all used to be Dark Elves in WHFB?  Before you answer - why didn't GW fold the Gyro Copter into KOs? The simple reason is that because it doesn't match the KO style. Each sub-faction has its own flavour. 

And whole stuff about swapping Warlocks gender, a unit that is used in DoK trailer for some reason and how you know that GW will repacle Dark Riders sprue from already existing boxis(unprecedent move)  just nonsense. LOL.   

Ok, but here's the thing no new Battledome has contained a cross-faction box. No rebox has preserved this. Not one. Warlocks will be the first (unless they change the box contents (which I find unlikely). That's what's unprecedented. And I'm saying that that box has no long-term future. My guess is that GW will eventually change that cavalry unit to match the rest of the army's aesthetic/flavour.

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, zedatkinszed said:

Ok, but here's the thing no new Battledome has contained a cross-faction box. No rebox has preserved this. Not one. Warlocks will be the first (unless they change the box contents (which I find unlikely).

FEC got reboxed and everything except for the Crypt Ghouls is a cross-faction box.

29 minutes ago, zedatkinszed said:

Actually, It's just the Zombie Dragon that's cross faction. But yes - I'll correct that

Crypt horror/flayer kit is also used for Soulblight Vargheists so Faedryd was right about only the ghouls not being cross faction.

3 hours ago, Faedryd said:

FEC got reboxed and everything except for the Crypt Ghouls is a cross-faction box.

2 hours ago, Lightbox said:

Crypt horror/flayer kit is also used for Soulblight Vargheists so Faedryd was right about only the ghouls not being cross faction.

Oh - my apologies. You're both right.

9 hours ago, Killax said:

Is someone willing to explain why they don't like the Warlocks here then? 

They have been part of Daughters of Khaine since the inception of DoK (2015-2016) and now suddenly people notice that they are male and want them to be female because else they don't match the 'Daughters of Khaine'?

I guess I don't get that aspect whatsoever... :/ I mean the name of this faction isn't new, these specific Warlocks isn't new and the Warlocks being part of 'Daughters' isn't new either.

They're really really ugly. Like REALLY ugly. Putting them next to things that look as good as Witch Elves or the Naga and Furies is visually distracting.

50 minutes ago, BURF1 said:

They're really really ugly. Like REALLY ugly. Putting them next to things that look as good as Witch Elves or the Naga and Furies is visually distracting.

I assume you are talking about their heads? I mean you don't even specify what you think is ugly about them...

As they come from the same kit as the Dark Riders I see no reason to not use the Dark Rider heads if you really dislike that face.

Other than their heads, again I don't really see what you think is ugly about them.

12 hours ago, Killax said:

Is someone willing to explain why they don't like the Warlocks here then? 

They have been part of Daughters of Khaine since the inception of DoK (2015-2016) and now suddenly people notice that they are male and want them to be female because else they don't match the 'Daughters of Khaine'?

I guess I don't get that aspect whatsoever... :/ I mean the name of this faction isn't new, these specific Warlocks isn't new and the Warlocks being part of 'Daughters' isn't new either.

I don't really feel strongly about this matter, but if you want my opinion, personally I feel the only reason they're in there is because they're half naked like the rest of the Witch Aelves and hence don't look disjointed while within the Daughters aesthetically.

I also don't think it's a new argument, for the Warlocks had no connection to the cult of Khaine in the old world. So it's been a bit of a disconnect since the Grand Alliance Order book dropped.

Also, as a unit of magic users to date they haven't really fit in with the fact that the Daughters mostly use Priest(esses) instead of sorcery/magic. Of course, Morathi changes that in the fact she will surely be a Wizard and perhaps we may get more in the new units.

Overall though, I'm sure Games Workshop notices this fact that they're males in a female centric army. There will surely be some fluff justification as to why they're actually in the list. So personally don't think it's a big deal that they're in there.

That being said, I think they could've easily been slotted into the Darkling Covens also as some form of favoured servants of the Sorcereress' that are given some small part of their magical prowess.

14 hours ago, DantePQ said:

But what he expected GW to add extra ****** sprue to this kit instead of dark riders parts? LOL that would be hilarious ? 

On 1/29/2018 at 8:52 PM, zedatkinszed said:

IMHO they'll gender swap the warlocks and have a new cavalry unit for the DoK (replacing the Dark riders on the sprue) in a few years.

Dude it's not cool to strawman. I did not say GW will dump warlocks now. Nor did I say they do it soon. I'm talking years away. And I stand by it. That kit won't last not in the long term (5-7 years). 

6 hours ago, Killax said:

I assume you are talking about their heads? I mean you don't even specify what you think is ugly about them...

As they come from the same kit as the Dark Riders I see no reason to not use the Dark Rider heads if you really dislike that face.

Other than their heads, again I don't really see what you think is ugly about them.

I'm not super worried about it, I was just pointing out that they're ugly. Which, regardless of the quality of the kit they are ugly. Nothing emotional; the sky is blue, the grass is green, doomfire warlocks are ugly. I'm likely not even going to both kitbashing them.

I gave my warlocks the sister of slaughter masked heads and used the whips aswell, cut the scimitar hand off at the wrist and transferred the hands. The unit champion has the twin lash whip and the SoS champions helmet and they look sooooo freaking good and fit in with he whole aesthetic.

Any other allied dark elf unit also has the SoS heads to link them in to the cult of khaine.

received_2007850426097176.jpeg

received_2007850462763839.jpeg

received_2007850432763842.jpeg

received_2007850452763840.jpeg

received_2007850446097174.jpeg

@Ekrund Oath Splitters that looks really good! Nice simple tweak to a model that make it look really cool. 

@everybody else - Can I ask you to be a bit more friendlier to each other please? We've had to do a few tweaks and pokes in this thread and it's not what we want TGA to be about. Discussion is welcomed, but keep it civil and friendly. Some of the comments seem to be edging closer and closer to the abyss and we don't want to make that drop. I take pride that this is a great forum to be a part of and it's you guys and gals that do that. Can we please keep it that way? ;) 

Reallly ? the only think I don't like much are heads and I will change them for one unit and second will be conversion from Wild Riders/Sisters (if I will need 2nd unit) I think steed are pretty dynamic and when painted well they look quite great but I guess it's up to personal taste ;)

I like those horses a lot especially from this perspective(and they would look better on oval bases) : 

img527d504970648.jpg

I like the models. I don't like them in the DoK army (which I plan to collect) because I find them out of theme from an aesthetics point of view. I am sure there are people on each side, and at the end, the ball is on GW's camp so I am not going to discuss it here. Either way, I won't complain unless they are really really really good I don't need to buy them if I don't want to.

12 minutes ago, Keldaur said:

I like the models. I don't like them in the DoK army (which I plan to collect) because I find them out of theme from an aesthetics point of view. I am sure there are people on each side, and at the end, the ball is on GW's camp so I am not going to discuss it here. Either way, I won't complain unless they are really really really good I don't need to buy them if I don't want to.

Nothing greenstuff or bits couldn't solve for making these models in theme but if you like them as they are I guess it's not what you want  :/ . Personnaly I find their heads are more "Slaaneshy" than DoK so I plan to use some SoS/Witches bits or even make them Centaurs to go full Greek Monsters, I don't know yet.

Them being male is not a problem for me since I like my armies having different gender and I figure "Daughters of Khaine" like "Sons-of-Whatever" which doesn't mean full male or female, just a major part of the force ...but it's only my view on this matter and I don't mean to enforce it :D

Archived