Heat 1 results.

Arkiham

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree on the representation. I always worry that as metas settle we'll end up like 40k (prior to 8th) where there are 2-3 armies winning everything except against "spoiler" lists.  Just had a dude come up to me at a GW store the other day and ask about competitive events. We talked about the variety available right now and how new things are popping up almost every GT so it's very exciting to be in AoS right now, and Maggotkin and Nagash will hopefully increase that variety.

Congrats to everyone who did well! Not surprising that good players who know their list inside and out did well :) 

16 minutes ago, AdamR said:

Haha, yeah! As best I could!

How were the rest of your games?

Awesome! Then i have a face to the name.

my games were great, not a single douche the entire tournament, although i ran into a few veeeeery hard lists. But they were super nice and we had a good laugh at my loses ^^

im glad you had a great experience with the game! And congrats to the placement. I’ll see you in October for the finals then! :D

Sports and army presentation votes can boost younup well. I only won 3 games (2 majors and a minor), but got boosted up into 13th. The system of giving everyone two votes for sports and armies meant I could reward four of my opponents which I really appreciated. 

I was also pleased to do ok running a Tzeentch list that I haven't seen anyone else playing. Only three skyfires, no shaman, some acolytes and no balewind. 

Tzeentch lists get a bad rep, but looking at the results there were more in the bottom half than the top. 

26 minutes ago, WABBIT said:

Does anyone know what the 1st and 3rd place Order armies were?

The core of the 1st place army is a Dragonlord, two frostheart phoenix, a Loremaster and some wizards who can keep pace with the phoenixes, like Doomfire warlocks.  

I think he talks about the list on an episode of Facehammer but I can't recall for certain.

58 minutes ago, WABBIT said:

Does anyone know what the 1st and 3rd place Order armies were?

I'm pretty sure it's the same list the last big event with. I've seen it posted somewhere on TGA. Maybe a little further back on the main forum in the recap for Orde. 

3rd place list is in one of the last 2 or 3 Heelan eps. Alarielle with every buff available. 

13 minutes ago, Arkiham said:

apparently, there was a severe lack of terrain over the heat

That's why I'm both anxious and interested for LVO. They're saying there'll be good Line of Sight blocking terrain on every table, which hurts my Stormcast list but helps it in certain matchups. It's not a setup that many events play with.

38 minutes ago, Morglum StormBasha said:

There was about 7 pieces of scenery per table so still lots of damned and mystical etc  but yes nothing you could hide more than a single hero model behind 

So bad.. 

how do gw expect to promote it when they dont do it themselves. 

10 hours ago, Erdemo86 said:

does anyone know the fyreslayer list of mc walter?

I played him last game of the tournament, can't be a 100%  but from what I can recall it was Runefather on Foot (General) , 2 x Runesmiter,  Smiter on Magmadroth, Battlesmith, 3x30 Vulkites and 1x30 Auric Hearthguard. Had 2 units tunneled.

Was hard as nails to shift, played battle of the pass and it ended on a draw, with Adi winning by 40vps! One of the best games of AOS I've played in a long time.

8 hours ago, Arkiham said:

So bad.. 

how do gw expect to promote it when they dont do it themselves. 

My assumption is that they will do it with the older WFB scenery that suddenly popped up in AoS MP promotional videos again. These terrain pieces can actually hide characters of all sizes and smaller units too.

I completely agree, the moment true LoS is kept and shooting phases work as they do now terrain is so important that it can be a game decider. This is also why I am not a fan of the current Shooting phase rules. There is no build in limitation and because of that it's up to the players to decide how much they want to limit that rule. In the case of an event you have absolutely no saying in this.

I didn't find the terrain to bad to be honest. 

While there wasn't loads, there was always a couple of Ophidian Archways and/or Numinous Occulams to hide your buff characters behind.

In fact having faced an army with 3 Knight-Heraldors, I was quite glad there wasn't more!

Archived