Bottle's going onto Warhammer Live to play AoS Skirmish!

3 minutes ago, Lysandestolpe said:

Man, I could not watch the game due to Family. Is there a way to see it now, afterwards? I tried to click on some twitch "past" videos, but they seemed to not work.  -___________-

You need to subscribe to the channel to watch the past videos. If you have Amazon Prime you can do that for free.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Lysandestolpe said:

I am, and the screen is just blank. Perhaps there is trouble on my end then. Thanks for replying!

You need to manually renew an Amazon Prime subscription each month, check (on the website, doesnt seem to work so well on mobile) that there isnt a subscribe link on the page (due to it expiring). Blank videos are what you usually get if you arent subscribed (but also on some devices if the video is not encoded in a format they can play). 

I hope what they meant by resin models is Forge World models. Otherwise, this would mean that a Witch Hunter is not an option for this game mode since that model is resin. That would be a real shame as this seems the ideal game mode for a Witch Hunter.

You're telling me you're going to embark on a journey into a ruined city destroyed by Nagash in the realm of death and the Witch Hunter can't go?

6 minutes ago, Trout said:

I hope what they meant by resin models is Forge World models. Otherwise, this would mean that a Witch Hunter is not an option for this game mode since that model is resin. That would be a real shame as this seems the ideal game mode for a Witch Hunter.

You're telling me you're going to embark on a journey into a ruined city destroyed by Nagash in the realm of death and the Witch Hunter can't go?

The best part is that it seems flexible enough to easily add things using existing points (renown) as a guideline.  Not everyone will do this because it's not "official" but this skirmish things seems like it's mainly more of an open/narrative thing and not die-hard competitive.

35 minutes ago, Trout said:

Nope. Not when I can take a Lord-Veritant instead.

4 hours ago, Lysandestolpe said:

I am, and the screen is just blank. Perhaps there is trouble on my end then. Thanks for replying!

I have a black screen if I watch the live shows in Firefox. I think some plugin I have might mess with Twitch.

If I use Edge I can watch it just fine.

Now I don't know if that's related to what you're experiencing, but thought I might mention it, in case it's a plugin/browser issue on your end.

On 5/18/2017 at 6:25 AM, wayniac said:

I have like a ton of ideas for this now that I have given it thought.  It seems incredibly malleable so you could do like a warband against a monster (basically a WoW raid boss) or mix things up a bit with a little work.  I'm already thinking of possibilities such as:

• Using skirmish as an interlude between campaign games (maybe a raid or scouting party, with the winner getting some small bonus in the next "real" game)
  • A warband versus a big monster such as a dragon or even something like fighting the boss' minions and then the boss shows up on a big monster (my GW once did this last year in a way; a guy brought in custom made lava tiles and a magma dragon and it was a race to see who could get the most treasure with heroes only)
  • An oldschool 1980s Realm of Chaos style narrative with warbands (basically Path to Glory but done right)

These are great ideas. But I'm not familiar with the difference between the Realm of Chaos stuff and the Path to Glory. What's the difference?

22 hours ago, Baardah said:

How the shell do i Get A Twitch subscription. Ive been searching through the webside bit cant find A "subscribe here" button. 

I cant get Amazon prime in Norway without a vpn device, which I don't want..

Go here. https://www.twitch.tv/warhammer/videos/all

Upper right corner under your username. If you don't have one, register first.

Guys, 

If you're interested in Skirmish, either the game or the lore (which is awesome), make sure you check out The Black Sun podcast feed (iTunes / www.theblacksun.co.uk / Podcast section of these forums) later this evening, around 7pm GMT, as I'll be releasing an episode with myself and @bottle discussing the upcoming release.

I think you'll like it :) 

Archived