Behold the Kharadron Overlords!

Here is some info I found on 4Chan posted by Anonymous:

The Ironclad literally acts like your flagship. You can use it to send flag signals to buff other units that see it. The example they gave added 3" to weapon range. 
Ironclads can also have their own Artefacts. The one they had lets the Ironclad fire that artefact against any unit that comes within half an inch of the ship after a charge.
There are different types of bombs. One bomb forces the unit you hit to attack at the end of the combat phase, one just does damage, and there is one that hits flying enemies that get to close. 
Both Ironclads and Frigates can carry any unit with the "Skyfarer" keyword. The Ironclad in the battlereport carries two units and 3 heroes.

On the topic of flying enemies, one of the pre-made battle traits you can have lets you rerloll 1s to hit and wound against flying targets, get auto 6s for their run roll and their ships ignore mortal wounds on a roll of 6. 
White Dwarf says "Instead of getting a single trait like most other factions, you choose your armys interpretation of the Kharadron Code from a trio of lists, giving you an Artycle, an Amendment and a Footnote, which allow you to interpret the code to your own preferences". 
There are pre-done ones themed around the major skyports as well.

Totally love that last bit. I'm really curious about this chart...just like everything else in the book :)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have the white dwarf, theirs not much more then insights into lore, art and design. No direct rules, no direct prices. 

The interesting tidbit on "battle traits, the artycles, amendments and footnotes -really capture the Kharadron code"

"instead of getting a single trait like most other factions, you can choose your armies interpretation of the code from a trio of lists, giving you an Artycle, an amendment and a footnote. Which allow you to interpret the code to your preferences.

There are some fun bits of lore in there, with brief mentions of airborne battles with skykrakens (I think that's what they were called) and scuttlings, and all sorts of other interesting things. Looking forward to reading the battletome for more of it. 

Sadly couldn't find any reference to release dates other than that previously mentioned for the warscroll cards. 

Half way through reading the battle report, was hoping to get a bit more of a preview of how they play rules-wise, but they aren't giving away much so far, other than the artycles/amendments/footnotes mentioned above, and a little about the transports. 

That's where my main concern comes in, are transports essential for ground troops. What if for a starting point I just fancy adding a frigate and an arknaut company/thunderers to complement my Freeguild etc. My other thought being how fun are two big ships going to be in an Ironbark Wargrove...

29 minutes ago, AsraiR said:

That's where my main concern comes in, are transports essential for ground troops. What if for a starting point I just fancy adding a frigate and an arknaut company/thunderers to complement my Freeguild etc. My other thought being how fun are two big ships going to be in an Ironbark Wargrove...

The battle report had one unit of Arkanauts deployed on foot, so transports not essential, but do give a bit more protection and mobility. 

2 hours ago, spidero said:

There are some fun bits of lore in there, with brief mentions of airborne battles with skykrakens (I think that's what they were called) and scuttlings, and all sorts of other interesting things. Looking forward to reading the battletome for more of it. 

Sadly couldn't find any reference to release dates other than that previously mentioned for the warscroll cards. 

Half way through reading the battle report, was hoping to get a bit more of a preview of how they play rules-wise, but they aren't giving away much so far, other than the artycles/amendments/footnotes mentioned above, and a little about the transports. 

Aren't the Grots in Silver Tower Scuttlings?

6 hours ago, AsraiR said:

I've ordered some more metallic colours including a lovely deep metallic red..

Don't forget, you can always wash over silver wirh color to get new metallics.

Hmm, maybe I should eBay my old GW colored metallics...

I skimmed through that White Dwarf review video on the previous page, something seems weird.

There's no pre-order date for any of the KO stuff aside from the warscroll cards. There's a pre-order date for the Khorne battletome though.

Why wouldn't they include a date for the KO release? It seems a very odd detail to exclude.

Every previous white dwarf has had details of preorders of releases the week of launch and the week after.  This white dwarf is definitely unusual. I can't believe the only thing for preorder on the 8th is the warscroll cards. They must have been unsure about prices. I hope the cheaper Tzeentch stuff sold gang busters and that is the route they decide to take.

9 hours ago, AsraiR said:

I've ordered some more metallic colours including a lovely deep metallic red.

Hope there's more pricing and timing info in WD, that preview video didn't seem to show much unless I missed it.

Which red did you go for? I only really know of tamia clear red over a mithril silver  /retributor gold recipe.

Heroes wise, the Arkanuat admiral seemed like a decent beatstick in melee. The aetheric navigator was able to change weather patterns, forcing flying units to the ground and also was able to unbind enemy magic. The endrinmaster didnt have too many hints to any special function. 

They did say that while embarked on a flying vessel your units cannot do anything until disembarking. 

Will they have magic?!

Also I hope the new shadow war terrain kits are not too funky to be used for sky port terrain. Would love new dwarf/duardin terrain that's not, literally, a hole in the ground or a styrofoam block covered in sand and flock : )

20 minutes ago, Joakim said:

Will they have magic?!

Also I hope the new shadow war terrain kits are not too funky to be used for sky port terrain. Would love new dwarf/duardin terrain that's not, literally, a hole in the ground or a styrofoam block covered in sand and flock : )

I think the aetheric navigator dude can unbind, and has some buff/debuff style things. But from what I could tell that's about it. 

I have also been burning holes into this months white dwarf with my eyes! So much to ponder and get excited about!

I've also been thinking about colour schemes I might use - I'm tempted to go official with this, but I have also been thinking of a uniform based on the British Navy in the 18th century: Cream legs to represent the leggings, Navy blue for the upper body to represent the jacket and gold for the armour to represent epaulets, insignia, ribbons etc. This colour scheme would apply to the Arkanauts and Officers. The Grundstok Thunderers however, would be cream lower body and red upper body - well they are the marines!

MOAR 4chan info: 

SO, I have the WD now. Some more info on the Kharadron Overlords:
>Navigators
Can create an effect that makes a 18" bubble around them where either enemies with Flying loose that and half their movement or allies with Flying get sped up.
>Endrinmaster
Can repair Skyvessels and power up their harness similar to Brokk. They can take relics that instead apply to ships, such as the *Last Moment*, which allows the ship to fire all weapons at an opponent that ends a charge move within 1/2" of the ship.
>Aetherkhemyst
Sucks away air to cause a bunch of mortal wounds.
>Endrinriggers
Can repeair Skyvessels. Fly. Chainfists like Brokk, but less attacks and no boost.
>Ironclad
20 models capacity. bombs can be used to force enemy units to activate last in melee or cause mortal wounds. Survived most game despite getting whaled on by ghouls, horrors and two ghoul-kings.
>Frigate
10 models capacity.
>Arkanaut Company
Move 4". Okay short-ranged shooting, mediocre melee. Die like scrubs to ghouls.

Archived