Let's chat : Blades of Khorne!

Arkiham

3 minutes ago, Karol said:

does it mean it is going to be really hard to get enough models without the big starter?

I’d recommend a conversion if you can’t get one. He’s a guy with a whip, and a prod on the arm on a 40mm base. (There’s a couple good options in the boxed Bloodreaver kit for the stub arm with prodder.)

I fully expect that both the Bloodstoker and Khorgorath will be purchasable “stand-alone” when they’re actually removed as kits.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Karol said:

I don't have the whip guy and am not going to pay the scalper price people want for him.

Weird. My experience is that there is a total glut of these guys on eBay, and they are cheaper than almost any other AoS miniature...

7 minutes ago, Roark said:

Weird. My experience is that there is a total glut of these guys on eBay, and they are cheaper than almost any other AoS miniature...

Yeah I don't know about in mainland Europe, but I'm looking at one on eBay in the States that is brand new, $6.79 shipping included.  That's 1/4 the standard price of a hero miniature... Wish I could get stuff I need for that price lol.

9 hours ago, Karol said:

For new players like me, does it mean it is going to be really hard to get enough models without the big starter? I don't have the whip guy and am not going to pay the scalper price people want for him.

Strange write up, lots of pictures, and not much about the army changes. The 50pts command point seems interesting, I often end up with 150-200pts not spend on anything.

I hope that GW won't nerf slaughter priests too much, and that gore pilgrims, something am aiming to play, won't get hit by the nerf bat either.

I wonder if points not spend on units mean points spend on Battalions aswell.

Some might feel that's stretching it but I feel it's exactly what 40K does also... So we will see. Because if that means that Gore Pilgrims still costs 180 it also means +3 Command Points here.

Edit: Oh and I'm sure you can convert a Bloodstoker if needed. Chaos chariot has a whip Marauder guy.

1 hour ago, Killax said:

wonder if points not spend on units mean points spend on Battalions aswell.

Ive seen this asked elsewhere- 

If you look at the pitched battle profiles in ghb the column header in the table with all the warscroll names listed out with points (including battalion warscrolls) is 'units'.

Thought it would be fun to start some predictions for Khorne in the new edition, I'll update this post as we learn more rules etc.

Point changes!

- I think Bloodreavers will go back to 60 points and fill the role of a cheap horde well for Khorne

- Skullreapers will take a price drop probably to the 160 point, reaching a nice middle point of their original cost and their current cost

- Bloodthirsters taking a minor price drop apart from the Wrath of Khorne Bloodthirster to make them more of an option

- Battalions will get minor tweaks, could see less-used battalions getting a 20 points or so reduction while I don't think the current favourites will not see any changes imo

- Mighty Lord of Khorne takes a 20 point discount 

Meta list predictions!

- The Bloodletters will remain a popular choice still, especially with the command point system potentially making gore pilgrims less necessary to guarantee crucial buffs from the Priests since they can be used to reroll probably

- Skulltake! Now this is a bit of a dark horse but I potentially could see it rising as a popular choice - If both Skulltake and Skullreapers take some form of point reduction I could see it becoming a potentially powerful army, especially  now that the Bloodstoker can be better protected 

- Gore pilgrims + Brass stampede will remain strong and more so now that important characters are less vulnerable to Khorne's biggest threat of shooting 

- If summoning becomes free from the Blood tithe table I could potentially see cheap units of marauders being fielded solely to help boost up Blood tithe points to summon in a big daemon to wreck face - the strategy of saving up blood tithe points could be a scary prospect 

19 minutes ago, JonnyTheKing said:

- If summoning becomes free from the Blood tithe table I could potentially see cheap units of marauders being fielded solely to help boost up Blood tithe points to summon in a big daemon to wreck face - the strategy of saving up blood tithe points could be a scary prospect 

If summoning become free, i am gonna use a bloodmarked warband with 6 priests with the bloodtithe prayer and a hundred of reavers. and start pumping BT points on 1 wound reavers-heroes to summon Skarbrand(s) and Archaon(s)

17 minutes ago, kozokus said:

If summoning become free, i am gonna use a bloodmarked warband with 6 priests with the bloodtithe prayer and a hundred of reavers. and start pumping BT points on 1 wound reavers-heroes to summon Skarbrand(s) and Archaon(s)

Totally forgot about that, makes it even more viable!

1 hour ago, kozokus said:

I think theres going to be some restrictions on summoning to prevent things like this! ?

4 minutes ago, Broken Netcode said:

So I was looking over the Gore Pilgrims + Brass Stampede lists and I love the theme. Im not too knowledgeable in AoS competitive play yet, could anyone tell me why they work together well and what combos within the army make it so great? 

Well nothing combos amazingly  there except that Gore Pilgrims allows Slaughterpriests to function really well. In additon Skullcrushers in a full Brass Stampede do a lot of automatic Mortal Wounds.

20 minutes ago, Broken Netcode said:

So I was looking over the Gore Pilgrims + Brass Stampede lists and I love the theme. Im not too knowledgeable in AoS competitive play yet, could anyone tell me why they work together well and what combos within the army make it so great? 

Brass stampede is quite good because it speeds up and give reliable mortal wounds to skullcrushers. I usually don't take a bloodsecrator with a brass stampede because I use 18-21 skullcrushers that usually are spread out and don't have bravery issues so I don't feel like the bloodsecrator is vital and my skullcrushers have a good chance to be out of range. 

Gore pilgrims will extend the bloodsecrator's aura to cover the skullcrushers more reliably. But getting the most out of both is quite a lot of point so you would have to not take as many skullcrushers and miss out on the extra mortal wound bonuses or not take many slaughterpriests and loose out on the main bonus of gore pilgrims. 

In my opinion, both battalions benefit a lot from fully investing in them.

The summoning question is an interesting one for Khorne due to the new Slaanesh Depravity points system mentioned in their faction focus. The thing with depravity points is that you earn them throughout the game so its easy to build a mechanic where X points are required to summon Daemonettes, Y points to summon a Keeper of Secrets, Z to summon an exalted Keeper, etc. For Khorne its trickier because its 8 tithes points, whether you are summoning 10 x Bloodletters or an Exalted Bloodthirster. The game would be broken if we could summon Bloodthirsters without paying points as a list geared towards generating bloodtithe will get to 8 pretty quickly, as Kozokus points out above. 

The answer might be that for matched play, 8 tithe can summon a minimum sized khorne daemon unit, but not a hero or monster, for free. So thats either 10 x letters, 5 x hounds, 3 x bloodcrushers (meaning my 3 from the start collecting box might actually see the table once in while!). It would be very handy for summoning onto an objective late game but far from gamebreaking and is unlikely to cause people to gear their whole list towards earning bloodtithe. 

Hi guys. 

So Iv been looking at starting a Blades of Khorne army. Mostly in preparation for AOS 2.0. 

Im liking the look of the Brass Stampede and Gore Pilgrims battalions. 

Would a list similar to this be reasonably competitive:

Lord on Juggernaut

Bloodsecrator

Bloodstoker

2 x slaughterpriest

10 Blood warriors

10 Blood warriors

40 Blood reavers

3 Skullcrushers

3 Skullcrushers

3 Skullcrushers

Gore Pilgrims

Brass Stampede

1960/2000

also any advice on load outs/command traits/artefacts?

Thanks in advance for any advice or help you can give me!

1 hour ago, JonnyTheKing said:

Would like some thoughts on this list for an 800 point tournament, what you like and what you would change  

- Bloodsecrator

- Bloodstoker 

- 30 Bloodletters

- 20 Bloodreavers 

- 5 Blood Warriors

- 1 Khorgarath

cones to 790 

Unusual point level for a tournament, must admit I've never had to make an 800 point list before. I'd say your list is fairly solid except for the lack of a slaughter priest, personally I'd drop the blood warriors or khorgorath  and take him to give magic defence and a +1 to hit on the blood letters. 

Best of luck! 

On 5/21/2018 at 8:04 PM, Killax said:

All I really hope is that we finally will see the Daemon + Bloodbound Keywords adressed. As before it still makes no sence that a Khorne Lord with a Fleshhound is just Mortal, or a Khorne Lord on a Juggernaut for that matter and yes same applies to Mighty Skullcrushers.

Valkia wants her keyword as well.

I could understand if they didn't want to fiddle with the warscrolls if they are changing/updating/overhauling them anyway with the new edition but if they are still not fixing this I'll be down right pissed.

48 minutes ago, Mincemeat said:

Unusual point level for a tournament, must admit I've never had to make an 800 point list before. I'd say your list is fairly solid except for the lack of a slaughter priest, personally I'd drop the blood warriors or khorgorath  and take him to give magic defence and a +1 to hit on the blood letters. 

Best of luck! 

Priest is a good shout, taken out the warriors for him also going to swap out 10 reavers for an extra Khorgorath 

25 minutes ago, Xasz said:

Her original Compendium Warscroll never had the Daemon keyword.

The Khorne Lord on juggernaut, did have the keyword.

And Skaar Bloodwrath doesn’t have (and didn’t have) the Daemon keyword either.

(Same thing as Scyla ... who happens to be a very well blessed Chaos Spawn.)

2 minutes ago, TheOtherJosh said:

She's still a fullfledged daemon princess. (for Skarr on the other hand it is not explicitly stated)

Either way, the consistency in BoK being inconsistent is mind-boggling.

1 hour ago, Xasz said:

I could understand if they didn't want to fiddle with the warscrolls if they are changing/updating/overhauling them anyway with the new edition but if they are still not fixing this I'll be down right pissed.

I agree, though as before I think Valkia. Skarr and Wrathmongers in that same vein are more dubious. Much like the Maggotkin trio.

But for actual models confirmed to be Daemons since 1988 (Slaves to Darkness book), confirmed to be Daemons in WFB and AoS I feel that at least the Juggernaut and Fleshhound models should be Daemons.

Some might fear what occurs to the synergy options, but arguably one of the best factions, Seraphon, has more than sufficient tools to keep it all in check... 

43 minutes ago, TheOtherJosh said:

All true, but if anything I still think lore/story/background/orginal design choices should be reflected as much as possible on Warscrolls.

Now if Games Workshop was consistent in not changing Keywords that would be one thing. But the Poxbringer did gain his Wizard Keyword and I believe more examples of adding a Keyword where it should be have occured.

All in all I still have more than sufficient conficence that Blades of Khorne will matter in the new edition but as Xasz said the inconsistancy is what has lead to most of the errata's anyway. In that same vein the Bloodsecrator has been adapted to be more clear (presumably follow the intended design), same with Blood Tithe but then to skip Daemon Keywords on units with actual Daemons is just silly. 

Long story short, can I live with Valkia, Skarr and Wrathmongers not having the Daemon Keyword? Certainly.
At the same time I think it makes no sence at all to have Daemon Keyword skipped on units with Fleshhounds and Juggernauts. Not if you re-create their lore for Age of Sigmar and mention that they are Daemons and come from the realm of Khorne. 

I think  keyword here or there is nitpicking, the book needs a rework. With new command points, magic and spell range the BoK are taking a bit of a beating.

The first blood tithe ability is now available to everyone for a free command point every turn.

Blood tithe abilities need to be rejigged on how they work and maybe some swapped out, perhaps other ways to accumulate them and the ruling so you can spend as much or little as you want. 

Anti magic is painfully scare and needs a boost to match the new magic everyone else is getting.

I would like a new focus for the book so it has a place in the new meta of AoS2.

3 hours ago, Greggers said:

Hi guys. 

So Iv been looking at starting a Blades of Khorne army. Mostly in preparation for AOS 2.0. 

Im liking the look of the Brass Stampede and Gore Pilgrims battalions. 

Would a list similar to this be reasonably competitive:

Lord on Juggernaut

Bloodsecrator

Bloodstoker

2 x slaughterpriest

10 Blood warriors

10 Blood warriors

40 Blood reavers

3 Skullcrushers

3 Skullcrushers

3 Skullcrushers

Gore Pilgrims

Brass Stampede

1960/2000

also any advice on load outs/command traits/artefacts?

Thanks in advance for any advice or help you can give me!

Gorecleaver on the lord on juggernaut is great, combined with his command ability he will be doing 3 mortal wounds on 5+ to wound. 

The list loops good for a non-tounement setting. Though I would look into replacing the brass stampede battalion with some wrathmongers since you don't have enough skullcrushers to get d6 or the extra d3 mortal wounds. Also you don't have any sacraficial units to quickly trigger the charge bonus. 

A good thing is that you can build this list and try it out and make changes from there. You won't regret buying any of the units listed. 

Archived