Let's chat : Blades of Khorne!

Arkiham

1 hour ago, Xasz said:

If they have the appropriate keywords on their warscroll, sure. (which they usually have)

Concerning Magore's band, the 3 Blood Warriors and the Flesh hound are separate units. The latter obviously does neither have the Mortal nor Bloodbound keyword.

I know they're 2 separate units, but given you have to take both of them makes it a little weird with the flesh hound being left out in the cold in terms of additional benefits. Unless of course you also take a khorne daemon battalion then the flesh hound I guess can have its own battalion.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Pompe said:

It seems to me that your opponent has bought models to adjust his army a bit to counter the starter box :) Hence, you will have a tough time facing him. Dont split the reavers into two units and keep them close to the secrator. That way you can use inspiring precense on them whilst running both them and the secrator up the field. If you feel that you need a bit of extra speed use the Talisman of Burning Blood and combine it with Violent Urgency as command trait. If not, give the MLoK Gorecleaver and enjoy the fun. 

Thank you very much! What formation should I use for the Bloodreavers, two rows of 10?

On 4/7/2018 at 1:44 AM, Roark said:

Could you show us your list with a Letterbomb please mate?

Here you go

Allegiance: Chaos
Lord Of Khorne On Juggernaut (140)
- General
- Trait: Disciple of Khorne  
- Artefact: Gorecleaver  
Slaughterpriest (100)
- Artefact: The Brazen Rune  
- Blood Blessing: Killing Frenzy
Slaughterpriest with Hackblade and Wrathhammer (100)
- Blood Blessing: Bronzed Flesh
Bloodstoker (80)
Bloodsecrator (120)
- Artefact: The Crimson Plate  
5 x Blood Warriors (100)
- Goreaxes
20 x Bloodreavers (140)
- Reaver Blades
3 x Mighty Skullcrushers (140)
- Bloodglaives
- Bloodglaives
- Bloodglaives
30 x Bloodletters (270)
2 x Khorgoraths (160)
Brass Stampede (180)
Gore Pilgrims (180)

Total: 1990 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 151

10 hours ago, JetBlackSVW said:

Thank you very much! What formation should I use for the Bloodreavers, two rows of 10?

You will probably need to run the secrator up with your units before he opens the portal and makes them immune and if you have two units of ten the risk that your opponent has shot and shocked both units off is much higher. So I would go for one unit of 20. 

10 hours ago, JetBlackSVW said:

You don't need to rank and file units in AoS. Any shape is good so long as models are less than 1 inch apart. You can for example daisy chain your reavers back to the blood secrator. Only 1 has to be in range for the whole unit to be buffed.

Reavers work better in big units, 20 at least but best as 40 as 40 is cheaper than 2x20 units.

I would consider a priest or two, bronzed flesh is very helpful w our poor saves. So the start collecting box is probably the next best purchase, make the lead juggernaut rider a lord on juggernaut as he is a beast.

Maybe get some chaos knights and give them mark of khorne and go hunt down the shooters.

Athough the best thing you can do is put down some scenary. I have played in tables with and without and the difference is very noticeable.

Finally play scenarios, not just kill each other it gets more balanced

There is a degree of personal preference  to this. Both have benefits, I prefer double axe for the reroll, but the gorefist is a good MW option w some of the buffs we have making them pop easier.

I can't comment specifically on your question as I use double axes. I assume 1 is fine but any wounds will be allocated to him so it may be better to have the unit equiipped identically.

43 minutes ago, JetBlackSVW said:

Thanks, btw is it better to arm the Blood Warriors with Gorefists than two Goreaxes? The warscroll mentions that one Gorefist in the unit is enough to get the potential mortal wounds after successful saves, right?

axes are so much better imo, the fists are way too inconsistent 

53 minutes ago, JetBlackSVW said:

Thanks, btw is it better to arm the Blood Warriors with Gorefists than two Goreaxes? The warscroll mentions that one Gorefist in the unit is enough to get the potential mortal wounds after successful saves, right?

all the unit have to carry the same stuff. So everyone with double axes or gorefist. I, too, prefer the double axe

And take bloodwarriors per 10 at least, or not at all. 5 bloodwarriors don't have any special weapon, which make them inferiors to liberators. As soon as you are 10 and have the goreglaaive, they became much better

2 hours ago, JonnyTheKing said:

axes are so much better imo, the fists are way too inconsistent 

This is a subjective observation.

It depends on your army setup, their combat role and the unit that happens to fight them.

I personally prefer Gorefists. They offer mortal wounds to an army setup that needs them (lists with more than 5 Blood Warriors is in most cases neither Murderhost nor Brass Stampede), do damage out of normal turn order,  benefit from the stackable prayers and they look way cooler. :D 

Point being, both variants are reasonable. There is no "always best/worst" answer for this one.

Thanks @Pompe, forgot the named chars rule. Crimson Crown does seem like a much better option due to Killing Frenzy.

I did focus on one Thundertusk at a time but it just didn't seem to be enough to kill one outright without the Bloodthirster. The first lot of Bloodletters got into combat really quickly but with no support they only did a handful of wounds. Bloodthirster was out of range to give buffs and the other Flesh Hounds and Bloodletters were a bit too far behind.

Would it have been better to go second? Deploy defensively, take the damage then charge with a better concentration of Bloodletters?

I have only ever just charged in and swung... seemed to work really well against Death and Stormcast.

Hello,

Does anyone have a Khorne list that includes Archaon?

Currently leaning towards:

Allegiance - Khorne

Leaders:

Archaon the Everchosen 700 General

Lord of Khorne on Juggernaut 140

Slaughterpriest 100

Aspiring Deathbringer 80

Bloodsecrator 120

Units:

Bloodreavers x 40 240

Bloodreavers x 40 240

Blood Warriors x 5 100

Wrathmongers x 5 180

Bloodmarked Warband (Allied) 100

2000 PTS

21 hours ago, Kharnige said:

Thanks @Pompe, forgot the named chars rule. Crimson Crown does seem like a much better option due to Killing Frenzy.

I did focus on one Thundertusk at a time but it just didn't seem to be enough to kill one outright without the Bloodthirster. The first lot of Bloodletters got into combat really quickly but with no support they only did a handful of wounds. Bloodthirster was out of range to give buffs and the other Flesh Hounds and Bloodletters were a bit too far behind.

Would it have been better to go second? Deploy defensively, take the damage then charge with a better concentration of Bloodletters?

I have only ever just charged in and swung... seemed to work really well against Death and Stormcast.

If you are able to deploy outside of his range and deny his snowballs, then yeah. It might be more beneficial. Furthermore a double turn is always nice so you can break through bubble wrapping and so on.

On 10/04/2018 at 4:29 AM, Kharnige said:

Go double Bloodstoker

14 hours ago, Pompe said:

I just posted on the Facebook page of Warhammer Age of Sigmar, get in there and comment ppl! We want that Daemon Keyword for the Juggs!

@Killax and others :)

Feel free to put the link up here! I didn't see it admist the many posts on that page :( 
But we'll see what happens. They've ignored the oddity for 3 years so I don't know if it will ever change in this Age of Sigmar edition. Apperantly Fleshhounds who are near a Champion of Khorne stop being Daemon. If a Khorne knight sits on a Juggernaut... THE SAME HAPPENS :P !!!

But then if a Riptooth walks alone it's a Daemon again. 
https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/Downloads//aos-warscroll-magores-fiends-en.pdf

Also, it's not just the Juggernauts in my opinion! Here's the list of models that certainly have Daemons but lack the Keyword.
- Mighty Lord of Khorne (Fleshhound)
- Khorgos Khul (Fleshhound)
- Khorne Lord on Juggernaut (Juggernaut)
- Skullcrushers of Khorne (Juggernaut) 

I think Skarr and Valkia are more debatable. As with End Times Skarr was Daemon but it didn't rub off on his rules. I believe we had a Daemon Valkia in later editions but this also didn't start out this way. So GW hasn't been consistent for Khorne Daemon use for quite a few years now...
Luckily the stories in Blades of Khorne still confirm Juggernauts and Fleshhounds are Daemons :) 

3 hours ago, Killax said:

Feel free to put the link up here! I didn't see it admist the many posts on that page :( 
But we'll see what happens. They've ignored the oddity for 3 years so I don't know if it will ever change in this Age of Sigmar edition. Apperantly Fleshhounds who are near a Champion of Khorne stop being Daemon. If a Khorne knight sits on a Juggernaut... THE SAME HAPPENS :P !!!

But then if a Riptooth walks alone it's a Daemon again. 
https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/Downloads//aos-warscroll-magores-fiends-en.pdf

Also, it's not just the Juggernauts in my opinion! Here's the list of models that certainly have Daemons but lack the Keyword.
- Mighty Lord of Khorne (Fleshhound)
- Khorgos Khul (Fleshhound)
- Khorne Lord on Juggernaut (Juggernaut)
- Skullcrushers of Khorne (Juggernaut) 

I think Skarr and Valkia are more debatable. As with End Times Skarr was Daemon but it didn't rub off on his rules. I believe we had a Daemon Valkia in later editions but this also didn't start out this way. So GW hasn't been consistent for Khorne Daemon use for quite a few years now...
Luckily the stories in Blades of Khorne still confirm Juggernauts and Fleshhounds are Daemons :) 

Screenshot_20180413-135742.png

Got the Start Collecting set and find the instructions quite confusing, can you give the Goreglaive to the Chaos Champion to get the sweet extra attack for the Goreglaive? The instructions show the Chaos Champion without Goreglaive and give the weapon to a different model.

6 minutes ago, JetBlackSVW said:

Got the Start Collecting set and find the instructions quite confusing, can you give the Goreglaive to the Chaos Champion to get the sweet extra attack for the Goreglaive? The instructions show the Chaos Champion without Goreglaive and give the weapon to a different model.

Yes they can be configured that way per Warhammer Rules (The FAQ v1.4):

Q: Can the leader of the unit take special weapons, like a Grandhammer?
A: Yes.

Something to note is that the Goreglaive has a restriction:

“1 in every 10 models may instead be armed with a Goreglaive.”

So, you when give the Goreglaive to the Champion you would need to have a minimum unit size of 10. Instead of the GHB minimum unit size of 5.

Archived